Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  2016Champions : (10 April 2013 - 07:20 AM) this photo looks awesome. lol @ Lin http://www.nba.com/r...04/forjason.jpg
@  rockets best... : (10 April 2013 - 04:54 AM) well it looks like the hornets didn't get it done
@  DrewinAbilene : (10 April 2013 - 03:44 AM) But the Hornets are trying to help out!
@  BenQueens : (10 April 2013 - 03:42 AM) Klay Thompson is clearly not listening to me.
@  DrewinAbilene : (10 April 2013 - 03:24 AM) And the Mavs...
@  DrewinAbilene : (10 April 2013 - 03:24 AM) Not gonna lie, I hold no deep animosity for any NBA team... Except the dang Lakers!
@  BenQueens : (10 April 2013 - 03:24 AM) Man! Playoffs again and cap space in the off-season. So much better than a mid-first rounder!
@  2016Champions : (10 April 2013 - 03:22 AM) Me too
@  BenQueens : (10 April 2013 - 03:21 AM) I know what you mean about match-ups, but I've developed enough of a grudge about GSW that I just want them to lose, lose, lose.
@  2016Champions : (10 April 2013 - 03:19 AM) I'm asking for alot -__-'
@  feelingsuper... : (10 April 2013 - 03:19 AM) Yesssssssssss!!!!!!
@  2016Champions : (10 April 2013 - 03:19 AM) oh wait, Grizz play us one more game. So Nuggets need to lose two lol
@  2016Champions : (10 April 2013 - 03:19 AM) Lets go Minny, but only if Nuggets lose to Spurs tomorrow and Grizz go undefeated for the rest of the season :D
@  DrewinAbilene : (10 April 2013 - 03:16 AM) Amen to that! Our cup of optimism runneth over!
@  BenQueens : (10 April 2013 - 03:14 AM) Why stop at Lakers loss? Let's go Minny.
@  DrewinAbilene : (10 April 2013 - 03:12 AM) Is a Lakers loss on top of the fluke Rockets win is too much to ask for?
@  Rahat Huq : (10 April 2013 - 03:12 AM) how sweet it is!
@  Rahat Huq : (10 April 2013 - 03:11 AM) 30 seconds away from clinching
@  BenQueens : (10 April 2013 - 02:43 AM) TJ + Greg Smith combine for 23 and 11 on 10/15 shooting.
@  BenQueens : (10 April 2013 - 02:41 AM) Bright spot: TJ playing some rookie D, but I like the way he cleans up.  Dark: 20% from 3.

Photo

Eric Gordon

42 replies to this topic

#1 Rahat Huq

Rahat Huq

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 979 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:08 PM

http://sports.yahoo....00900--nba.html

I can see the Hornets looking to deal him after this year as things have not worked out.  I recall there was a report earlier this year that if the Rockets struck out on Dwight this summer, Eric Gordon would be an option they'd look into.  

I think that could be smart, just from a value perspective.  If you don't get Howard or Paul, using that cap space to absorb Gordon might be smarter than signing Josh Smith or sitting on the space.  You could then rehabilitate him in this positive environment and either keep him, or trade him away the next season once his value gets higher.  

It could be an option to consider.  

#2 timetodienow1234567

timetodienow1234567

Advanced Member

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 508 posts
    • LocationAlabama

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:23 PM

Yeah. But if we got him, I'd want the starting lineup to be

PG = Lin

SG = Gordon

SF = Harden

PF = Jones

C = Asik

We'd have to give up Parsons, either DMo/Jones and of course TRob.

Why so Serious? :D

#3 2016Champions

2016Champions

Advanced Member

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 806 posts
    • LocationVirginia, USA.

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:33 PM

I would want the starting line-up to be:

Lin

Harden

Parsons

Jones

Asik

With Gordon as the 6th man playing 33+ minutes per game. Harden can play SF sometimes behind Parsons but only for short spurts because defending someone alot bigger in the post is tiring, and from what I've seen Harden needs all the energy he can get.

“A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open.” 
    ― Frank Zappa

#4 timetodienow1234567

timetodienow1234567

Advanced Member

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 508 posts
    • LocationAlabama

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:34 PM

I like that lineup too. But Gordon's got an ego. And I don't see us not having to give up Parsons to get him.

#5 Richards

Richards

Advanced Member

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 90 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:35 PM

I would want the starting line-up to be:

Lin

Harden

Parsons

Jones

Asik

With Gordon as the 6th man playing 33+ minutes per game.

Like this!

#6 Cooper

Cooper

Advanced Member

• Members
      • PipPipPip
      • 290 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:45 PM

Gordon's trade value is pretty low I doubt we would have to give up parsons. He wouldn't be a bad plan C.

#7 Steven

Steven

Advanced Member

• Members
        • PipPipPip
        • 439 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:49 PM

Why pay someone the max who plays 40 games a year?

#8 2016Champions

2016Champions

Advanced Member

• Members
          • PipPipPip
          • 806 posts
          • LocationVirginia, USA.

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:54 PM

If he keeps getting injured we can just wait till he becomes a free agent give him the MLE? lol

― Frank Zappa

#9 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

Advanced Member

• Members
          • PipPipPip
          • 1,089 posts
          • Locationhouston

Posted 07 April 2013 - 08:15 PM

Gordon is a star. while (IMO) he stays injured to much no one can deny he is a star when playing. problem is that max money contract he's on. no player playing less than half a season is worth max money (IMO). you can't score, rebound or assist from the rehabilitation room. while I don't believe j-smith is a good option for us.......he is better than Gordon.....he will be on the floor way more often then Gordon. however just to keep with the theme of this thread....if we got him he's going to start. you don't sit max money players on the bench(well unless you are in NY). a line up of Gordon, harden, parsons, d-mo/tjones, asik could make noise. I wouldn't move harden to SF because of defensive purposes.......maybe move him to PG since he handles the ball a lot anyway

#10 timetodienow1234567

timetodienow1234567

Advanced Member

• Members
          • PipPipPip
          • 508 posts
          • LocationAlabama

Posted 07 April 2013 - 08:28 PM

He doesn't play defense at the SG position. What would change at the SF position. He'll score easier being guarded by slow guys. He'll have less trouble guarding SFs, look at the decent job he did against LBJ. It would allow him more time to rest since most SFs aren't running around like crazy(remember Ray Allen in Boston?).

#11 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

Advanced Member

• Members
          • PipPipPip
          • 1,089 posts
          • Locationhouston

Posted 08 April 2013 - 12:05 AM

He doesn't play defense at the SG position. What would change at the SF position. He'll score easier being guarded by slow guys. He'll have less trouble guarding SFs, look at the decent job he did against LBJ. It would allow him more time to rest since most SFs aren't running around like crazy(remember Ray Allen in Boston?).

so let me see if I get this you're saying lin, harden and Gordon is better than harden, Gordon and parsons......I don't agree with that. lin harden and Gordon will be a defensive disaster. (IMO) parsons adds the ability to keep a good defensive man on the other teams best wing while still having all the scoring we need.

#12 2016Champions

2016Champions

Advanced Member

• Members
          • PipPipPip
          • 806 posts
          • LocationVirginia, USA.

Posted 08 April 2013 - 02:38 AM

What makes you think Gordon doesn't play defense?

― Frank Zappa

#13 Chichos

Chichos

Advanced Member

• Members
          • PipPipPip
          • 109 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:18 AM

If Houston gets him Gordon should be the first guy off the bench and just play the end of the game.  Having Gordon and Harden to run the offense through would be ridiculous.

#14 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

Advanced Member

• Members
            • PipPipPip
            • 1,089 posts
            • Locationhouston

Posted 08 April 2013 - 05:40 AM

If Houston gets him Gordon should be the first guy off the bench and just play the end of the game.  Having Gordon and Harden to run the offense through would be ridiculous.

positively no way Gordon accepts this role

What makes you think Gordon doesn't play defense?

I didn't say Gordon plays no defense.  I said Gordon, harden and parson are better than Gordon, harden and lin defensively and I stick by that. I also said Gordon harden and lin are a defensive disaster I also stand by that. among your wing players someone has to be defensively superior to balance the team. parsons would be better for this task than lin.........any questions?

#15 2016Champions

2016Champions

Advanced Member

• Members
            • PipPipPip
            • 806 posts
            • LocationVirginia, USA.

Posted 08 April 2013 - 06:57 AM

I've always seen Gordon as an average defender. Lin is definitely an above average defender, I have absolutely no doubt about this. Harden I would call a below average defender, but I'm not sure where you're getting "defensive nightmare" from. 

― Frank Zappa

#16 bboley24

bboley24

Advanced Member

• Members
            • PipPipPip
            • 79 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 02:18 PM

is overrated.  I believe Eric Gordon to be the player that everyone thought James Harden would end up being.  Instead James took it to another level.  Eric is still sitting there.

#17 2016Champions

2016Champions

Advanced Member

• Members
              • PipPipPip
              • 806 posts
              • LocationVirginia, USA.

Posted 08 April 2013 - 04:08 PM

Alot of ppl thought highly of Eric Gordon, he was a sniper who got to the line so Harden is a good comparison, but one got seriously injured and the other one didn't.

― Frank Zappa

#18 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

Advanced Member

• Members
              • PipPipPip
              • 1,089 posts
              • Locationhouston

Posted 08 April 2013 - 04:32 PM

I've always seen Gordon as an average defender. Lin is definitely an above average defender, I have absolutely no doubt about this. Harden I would call a below average defender, but I'm not sure where you're getting "defensive nightmare" from. 

j-lin is not an above average defender. j-lin can not stay in front of quick guards. this is why more times than not he finds himself on the bench during the 4th quarter. however if that's your opinion I won't try to change your mind. if you think harden is a below average defender and Gordon is just an average defender.......that gives you lin(below average)harden(below average)Gordon(average)......that doesn't sound like they will be shutting down to many people defensively...................defensive disaster!

#19 2016Champions

2016Champions

Advanced Member

• Members
              • PipPipPip
              • 806 posts
              • LocationVirginia, USA.

Posted 08 April 2013 - 04:51 PM

"shutting down" players is an overrated concept, if you have a guy like Asik then all you have to do is funnel them towards the big man in the middle.

― Frank Zappa

#20 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

Advanced Member

• Members
              • PipPipPip
              • 1,089 posts
              • Locationhouston

Posted 08 April 2013 - 05:22 PM

Eric Gordon benched after screaming at Hornets coach
              Views 21920 Comments 16

10:05 AM ET 04.07 | Hornets coach Monty Williams and point guard Eric Gordon got into a screaming match during a timeout with 8:37 left in the third quarter. Millsap had just scored on a putback to put Utah ahead 55-47 and New Orleans called a timeout. Williams was visibly agitated, yelling in Gordon's direction. He had to be held back by assistant coach Randy Ayers after Gordon hollered back at him, and when the team went to the sidelines, Williams continued screaming at Gordon. Gordon, the team's leading scorer, did not return to the game after the confrontation.

NBA.com

looks like trouble brewing with the hornets

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users