Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  2016Champions : (06 April 2013 - 05:31 AM) I like the way McHale's guard rotation today, Lin was on fire while Harden was on the bench. His PF rotation was also pretty solid. Obviously a few guys need to step up, TJones and Anderson both ahd a bad game. Man, I feel like we're getting more and more dangerous by the minute!
@  phaketrash : (06 April 2013 - 05:15 AM) Some nice garbage minutes from TRob, even if most of the stuff didn't pan out, you can see the raw talent and high motor
@  2016Champions : (06 April 2013 - 05:03 AM) He almost beat that pg to the loose ball despite a 2 yard head start
@  2016Champions : (06 April 2013 - 05:03 AM) Thomas Robinson showing off his potential
@  BenQueens : (06 April 2013 - 05:02 AM) Robinson showing some desire for minutes there.
@  BenQueens : (06 April 2013 - 04:58 AM) Harden rested a fair amount of the 4th, but yeah: We should see the Anderson/Garcia/Bev.
@  thenit : (06 April 2013 - 04:58 AM) not a bad backcourt production
@  thenit : (06 April 2013 - 04:57 AM) Harden Bev and Lin combined 62 points, 20 assists, 13 rebounds and 4 steals
@  2016Champions : (06 April 2013 - 04:57 AM) I would have rest them the whole 4th quarter.
@  2016Champions : (06 April 2013 - 04:56 AM) Up 20 with 3 minutes left.
@  thenit : (06 April 2013 - 04:56 AM) yea its a 20 point game now
@  2016Champions : (06 April 2013 - 04:56 AM) If he doesn't rest the starters here it will be the dumbest move I've ever seen him make.
@  2016Champions : (06 April 2013 - 04:54 AM) But I thin it's time to rest the starters, we have to pay Nuggets tomorrow.
@  2016Champions : (06 April 2013 - 04:54 AM) Yeah, I knew he would come around eventually.
@  BenQueens : (06 April 2013 - 04:53 AM) That Harden eurostep after the turnover around the 5:10 mark... wow.
@  thenit : (06 April 2013 - 04:51 AM) Finally Mchale has figured it out 2016, he ahd Lin or Harden on the floor during the whole game :)
@  phaketrash : (06 April 2013 - 04:45 AM) And GSmith being GSmith...bullying into 19 pts and 5 rebounds...and 5 fouls lol.
@  BenQueens : (06 April 2013 - 04:45 AM) Lot of rest for Harden down the stretch here. Looks like he's coming back in as Smith fouls out.
@  phaketrash : (06 April 2013 - 04:45 AM) Love it when Lin warms up in the second half of games haha.
@  2016Champions : (06 April 2013 - 04:41 AM) This LAL MEM game is so much more itense and exciting

Photo

Gallo likely torn ACL

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Rahat Huq

Rahat Huq

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 964 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 04:06 AM

per Woj.

tough break.  (i'm sitting here with the same injury myself)

Rockets need to get that 6th seed and they have a serious shot at taking that series.

#2 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

Advanced Member

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 986 posts
    • Locationhouston

Posted 05 April 2013 - 04:11 AM

Rahat:

I have to disagree. Denver is a deep team. they may have a little harder time running us down, but we will still be looking for the license plate on that mack truck that hit us. I still would rather us play Memphis or the clippers.

#3 timetodienow1234567

timetodienow1234567

Advanced Member

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 487 posts
    • LocationAlabama

Posted 05 April 2013 - 04:13 AM

No gallo and no Lawson means very winnable series

Why so Serious? :D

#4 PKM

PKM

Advanced Member

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 47 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 04:22 AM

Rahat:

I have to disagree. Denver is a deep team. they may have a little harder time running us down, but we will still be looking for the license plate on that mack truck that hit us. I still would rather us play Memphis or the clippers.

Memphis legitimately scares me.  Look, Jones had a good game yesterday, but Randolph will still eat him alive, much less Motiejunas or Smith.  And Tony Allen is Tony Allen.

Clippers are extremely interesting because of the whole "Hey, come here CP3" factor, and I think we have a legitimate shot against Denver without Gallo/Lawson.  Rather face those two than Memphis.

#5 Rahat Huq

Rahat Huq

Administrator

• Administrators
      • 964 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 04:25 AM

Memphis scares me the most I think.

#6 phaketrash

phaketrash

Advanced Member

• Members
        • PipPipPip
        • 595 posts
        • LocationCambridge, MA

Posted 05 April 2013 - 04:27 AM

No Lawson or Gallo and I think we have a very good chance against DEN, but will Lawson be able to get back in in time? They seem rather vague and uncertain on how long he'll be out, and honestly, he matters a lot more to DEN than Gallo.

#7 2016Champions

2016Champions

Advanced Member

• Members
        • PipPipPip
        • 693 posts
        • LocationVirginia, USA.

Posted 05 April 2013 - 04:29 AM

Memphis are only half a game behind Denver and looking good, I can easily see them taking that 3rd spot. Even though Memphis has improved and recently beat us convincingly with their physical style of play, I actually like our chances against them after seeing how physical we can be with Greg Smith in the starting line-up. Not to mention the emergence of Terrence Jones who is a very strong dude as we saw last night when he held his own in the post agaisnt Cousins and Jason Thompson, I see Jones giving ZBo more trouble off the dribble than ZBo will give him in the post especially after Greg Smith softens him up a bit.

“A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open.” 
        ― Frank Zappa

#8 Steven

Steven

Advanced Member

• Members
        • PipPipPip
        • 412 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 01:51 PM

Rockets will beat any of them. And it's more or like going to be Denver or Memphis as the Clippers have to make up 2 games on Denver and a game and a half on Memphis. Hopefully Denver wins out and the Rockets slide up to 6. Without Gallo, Denver has zero shooters. Everybody slide into the paint and make them hit jumpers.

#9 Chichos

Chichos

Advanced Member

• Members
          • PipPipPip
          • 98 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 04:09 PM

Denver without Gallo means a lot more Corey Brewer, who is better defensively but definitely not the offensive weapon Gallo is.  Lawson is the real key though, if he is hampered the Nuggets don't look nearly as good.  I'm not sure they hold onto the three spot without those two guys.  

#10 2016Champions

2016Champions

Advanced Member

• Members
            • PipPipPip
            • 693 posts
            • LocationVirginia, USA.

Posted 05 April 2013 - 04:28 PM

Without Gallo they still have Corey Brewer and Wilson Chandler, and I wouldn't sleep on those guys, they can both make an impact on both ends on the floor when their game is on. And not to mention Harden has struggled against Iguodala's defense in the past which is not surprising, in my mind Iggy is the best perimeter defender in the league (Tony Allen is great too but Iggy's length gives him an advantage). Ty Lawson is out for now but he might be back in time for the playoffs. For those who say Nuggets have no perimeter shooting, the fact is they have been a bad 3pt shooting team all season long and it hasn't stopped them from scoring, George Karl is an incredible coach who uses alot of player and ball movement to creating spacing. Not to mention their transition offense has murdered us in the past, and I don't think having Gallo out the picture will change that.

“A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open.” 
            ― Frank Zappa

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users