Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  2016Champions : (06 April 2013 - 05:31 AM) I like the way McHale's guard rotation today, Lin was on fire while Harden was on the bench. His PF rotation was also pretty solid. Obviously a few guys need to step up, TJones and Anderson both ahd a bad game. Man, I feel like we're getting more and more dangerous by the minute!
@  phaketrash : (06 April 2013 - 05:15 AM) Some nice garbage minutes from TRob, even if most of the stuff didn't pan out, you can see the raw talent and high motor
@  2016Champions : (06 April 2013 - 05:03 AM) He almost beat that pg to the loose ball despite a 2 yard head start
@  2016Champions : (06 April 2013 - 05:03 AM) Thomas Robinson showing off his potential
@  BenQueens : (06 April 2013 - 05:02 AM) Robinson showing some desire for minutes there.
@  BenQueens : (06 April 2013 - 04:58 AM) Harden rested a fair amount of the 4th, but yeah: We should see the Anderson/Garcia/Bev.
@  thenit : (06 April 2013 - 04:58 AM) not a bad backcourt production
@  thenit : (06 April 2013 - 04:57 AM) Harden Bev and Lin combined 62 points, 20 assists, 13 rebounds and 4 steals
@  2016Champions : (06 April 2013 - 04:57 AM) I would have rest them the whole 4th quarter.
@  2016Champions : (06 April 2013 - 04:56 AM) Up 20 with 3 minutes left.
@  thenit : (06 April 2013 - 04:56 AM) yea its a 20 point game now
@  2016Champions : (06 April 2013 - 04:56 AM) If he doesn't rest the starters here it will be the dumbest move I've ever seen him make.
@  2016Champions : (06 April 2013 - 04:54 AM) But I thin it's time to rest the starters, we have to pay Nuggets tomorrow.
@  2016Champions : (06 April 2013 - 04:54 AM) Yeah, I knew he would come around eventually.
@  BenQueens : (06 April 2013 - 04:53 AM) That Harden eurostep after the turnover around the 5:10 mark... wow.
@  thenit : (06 April 2013 - 04:51 AM) Finally Mchale has figured it out 2016, he ahd Lin or Harden on the floor during the whole game :)
@  phaketrash : (06 April 2013 - 04:45 AM) And GSmith being GSmith...bullying into 19 pts and 5 rebounds...and 5 fouls lol.
@  BenQueens : (06 April 2013 - 04:45 AM) Lot of rest for Harden down the stretch here. Looks like he's coming back in as Smith fouls out.
@  phaketrash : (06 April 2013 - 04:45 AM) Love it when Lin warms up in the second half of games haha.
@  2016Champions : (06 April 2013 - 04:41 AM) This LAL MEM game is so much more itense and exciting

Photo

Who is the best post player in the league?

20 replies to this topic

#1 2016Champions

2016Champions

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 693 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA.

Posted 04 April 2013 - 04:11 PM

Player                               Post-Up FG%

Pau Gasol                         36.3%

Al Jefferson                       44%

David Lee                          46.9%

Paul Millsap                       44.9%

Tim Duncan                       46.4%

LaMarcus Aldridge            47%

Blake Griffin                       47.2%

Donatas Motiejunas          65.2%.......... Just saying...... :ph34r:

“A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open.” 
― Frank Zappa

#2 phaketrash

phaketrash

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 595 posts
  • LocationCambridge, MA

Posted 04 April 2013 - 05:00 PM

lol small sample size though -- very small sample size relative to the others. I am surprised though that A Jefferson's post-up FG% is that low...I thought he was one of the dying breed of back-to-basket big men, and very good at what he does (from one half the side of the court at least lol).

#3 2016Champions

2016Champions

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 693 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA.

Posted 04 April 2013 - 05:17 PM

Yeah, that's why I had the sneaky ninja face.--it's far too small of a sample size. With that being said, the potential is undeniably there, all he needs to do is hit the weight room hard so he doesn't get pushed around like a rag doll down there. Once this kid gets to the point he can consistently establish post position, this won't even be a discussion anymore.

As for Al Jefferson, a big reason his fg% is lower is because he's going up against centers while everyone else on this list is going up against power forwards. I think Blake Griffin has horrible footwork but he still manages to do well in the post because he's so much stronger than most 4's. Put a strong 4 on him (ie. Greg Smith) and he's no where near as effective.

― Frank Zappa

#4 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 986 posts
  • Locationhouston

Posted 04 April 2013 - 05:37 PM

this stat is misleading.............d-mo may have the higher fg% in the post however does this stat take into account how often he is able to get his shot and what point he takes those shots in a game (ie garbage minutes verses game on the line minutes), what his usage rate verses the other players, and the other intangibles brought to the table with overall game.................NO. I really like d-mo and like you believe he has a chance to be the answer at PF on this team. however when discussing best post player in the game d-mo isn't even in the conversation yet.

#5 2016Champions

2016Champions

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 693 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA.

Posted 04 April 2013 - 07:07 PM

Yep, it's a good thing the members of red94 are smart so I don't have to point out the obvious.

The question remains, who is the best post player in the league?

― Frank Zappa

#6 Steven

Steven

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 07:23 PM

Hakeem The Dream is still the best post player.

#7 2016Champions

2016Champions

Advanced Member

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 693 posts
    • LocationVirginia, USA.

Posted 04 April 2013 - 07:26 PM

Hakeem The Dream is still the best post player.

Hakeem was definately the most skilled post player, but I wouldn't be surprised if Shaq scored more efficienctly in the post due to his combination of skill and strength/size.

― Frank Zappa

#8 timetodienow1234567

timetodienow1234567

Advanced Member

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 487 posts
    • LocationAlabama

Posted 04 April 2013 - 09:13 PM

Duncan or LA.

Why so Serious? :D

#9 2016Champions

2016Champions

Advanced Member

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 693 posts
    • LocationVirginia, USA.

Posted 04 April 2013 - 09:38 PM

^Solid choices imo, they both get it done with skill unlike Blake who get it done with brute force and horrible footwork

― Frank Zappa

#10 bboley24

bboley24

Advanced Member

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 78 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 11:56 PM

Good thing Red94 members are smart enough not to question The Dream and how much more dominant he was than Shaq.... Ever.  

#11 2016Champions

2016Champions

Advanced Member

• Members
      • PipPipPip
      • 693 posts
      • LocationVirginia, USA.

Posted 05 April 2013 - 12:05 AM

Don't get me wrong, I think Hakeem was arguably the greatest center ever. I'm just not enough of a homo to say it's not even an argument. 

― Frank Zappa

#12 Sir Thursday

Sir Thursday

Advanced Member

• Members
      • PipPipPip
      • 515 posts
      • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 05 April 2013 - 01:25 AM

I'd be interested to see the numbers for Carmelo and LeBron up with the rest of those guys. The two of them have been going down to the post a lot this year with good results. Also, what are Andre Miller's numbers like?

ST

#13 Cooper

Cooper

Advanced Member

• Members
      • PipPipPip
      • 280 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 01:44 AM

Lebron and melo are really good in the post, even wade and Kobe if you're looking at guards.

#14 2016Champions

2016Champions

Advanced Member

• Members
        • PipPipPip
        • 693 posts
        • LocationVirginia, USA.

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:19 AM

I'd be interested to see the numbers for Carmelo and LeBron up with the rest of those guys. The two of them have been going down to the post a lot this year with good results. Also, what are Andre Miller's numbers like?

ST

According to www.mysynergysports.com :

Lebron:

0.96 PPP (points per play, this is better than using fg% because it includes free throws)

46.9%fg and draws a shooting foul 11.5% of the time

Melo:

0.96 PPP

45.5%fg and 13.5%sf

Kobe:

1.03 PPP

55%fg and 12.5sf

Wade:

0.98 PPP

Andre Miller:

0.7 PPP

― Frank Zappa

#15 ale11

ale11

Advanced Member

• Members
        • PipPipPip
        • 443 posts
        • LocationMontevideo, Uruguay

Posted 05 April 2013 - 04:39 AM

I think that a lot of what D-Mo does in the post is because of his speed and I'm not sure how much weight he should gain without losing any of the speed. I mean, he is not as brilliant as The Dream, but he fakes so fast that he doesn't have to be that skilled to take advantage.

It's a difficult question....I think Pau is the most talented, he has all the skills, but he is past his prime. Duncan's also past his prime, so I'd have to vote for LaMarcus Aldridge.

#16 2016Champions

2016Champions

Advanced Member

• Members
        • PipPipPip
        • 693 posts
        • LocationVirginia, USA.

Posted 05 April 2013 - 06:02 AM

Putting on muscle doesn't necessarily mean you get slower, just look at Lebron James, Wade, Kobe. I even remember Garnett being so scrawny he played SF his first few years in the league. More strength will make it alot easier for him to get position to post up, otherwise he'll be posting up from the 3pt line whenever anyone even makes half an effort to push him out.  

― Frank Zappa

#17 Steven

Steven

Advanced Member

• Members
        • PipPipPip
        • 412 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 01:53 PM

Timmy is my choice. Him or Z-Bo.

#18 Alituro

Alituro

Advanced Member

• Members
          • PipPipPip
          • 219 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 06:48 PM

I'd say Aldridge..  His fadeaway is SWEEET and he's probably got the largest repertoire of solid post moves out of those mentioned. 

#19 thejohnnygold

thejohnnygold

Advanced Member

• Members
            • PipPipPip
            • 847 posts
            • LocationAustin

Posted 06 April 2013 - 09:52 PM

What, no love for lopez in brooklyn?

Rbf is right about context. Looking at it that way you have to go duncan and zbo.

#20 Steven

Steven

Advanced Member

• Members
            • PipPipPip
            • 412 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 10:38 PM

What, no love for lopez in brooklyn?

Rbf is right about context. Looking at it that way you have to go duncan and zbo.

Copycat.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users