Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  2016Champions : (04 April 2013 - 04:52 AM) All of a sudden that 6th seed looks worth fighting for. Denver is only half a game ahead of Memphis and this will hurt them.
@  2016Champions : (04 April 2013 - 04:52 AM) Ty Lawson out with plantar fascia tear http://probasketball...a-tear-in-heel/
@  2016Champions : (04 April 2013 - 04:29 AM) Yeah I'll take it. Welcome to the rotation TJones :D
@  thenit : (04 April 2013 - 04:28 AM) time for bed hate watching west coast games. GOod win though
@  thenit : (04 April 2013 - 04:27 AM) but thats with most teams with a elite superstar, you defer to him
@  thenit : (04 April 2013 - 04:27 AM) we got 36 points and 19 assists from out backcourt and it was in a game they struggled shooting, you take that any night
@  bboley24 : (04 April 2013 - 04:27 AM) btw... cousins better not come near the city of houston... keep that garbage out of this city
@  pharmag : (04 April 2013 - 04:27 AM) The thing is you can blame Harden for some of it, but I have noticed the rest of the team tends to move less when he has the ball.
@  bboley24 : (04 April 2013 - 04:26 AM) TJones better get PT the rest of the season
@  thenit : (04 April 2013 - 04:26 AM) because he usually didn't have the ball there. and if he did he had a chip on his shoulder
@  thenit : (04 April 2013 - 04:25 AM) as long as you don't take the shot early its fine at that point of the game, if it was a 5 point game, you would want him to attack, but it was 11 point and you just want to run the clock.
@  2016Champions : (04 April 2013 - 04:25 AM) When he was in OKC he wasn't like this.
@  2016Champions : (04 April 2013 - 04:24 AM) But our ball movement was definatly better without Harden. I wish Harden could play within the offense more.
@  timetodienow... : (04 April 2013 - 04:24 AM) Like I said in a post earlier, I wondered if he had that will to win and would sacrifice stats a la Duncan/KG/LBJ/etc... or will he a new Melo/Kobe/Marbury/AI/etc...
@  2016Champions : (04 April 2013 - 04:24 AM) nvm I guess it makes sense to do that when the game is almost over and you're winning
@  thenit : (04 April 2013 - 04:23 AM) still very good box score, but if you watch the game you are right, he has made some bad decisions
@  2016Champions : (04 April 2013 - 04:23 AM) Look at this, dribble the ball for 15 seconds before making a move...
@  thenit : (04 April 2013 - 04:23 AM) He's been off, but he has 21, 7, 9
@  2016Champions : (04 April 2013 - 04:22 AM) going iso taking step back 3's, calling away screens, not moving at all off the ball...
@  2016Champions : (04 April 2013 - 04:21 AM) not happy with Harden in the 2nd half

Photo

The Bash McHale thread

80 replies to this topic

#1 Steven

Steven

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 01:20 PM

The thread that is created in order to bash McHale so that the rest if the forum remains clean of the BS so that the rest of us can take off our rubber boots and not have to wade through the shiet.

Rule 1: Anything goes

Rule 2: All negative McHale thoughts must be placed in this thread so that the rest of us don't have to read them in the other threads.

#2 timetodienow1234567

timetodienow1234567

Advanced Member

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 472 posts
    • LocationAlabama

Posted 01 April 2013 - 01:25 PM

Lol. Did you look at the results of the poll? It's a 50/50 split about Mchale. Just because you love him, don't ignore the facts.

Why so Serious? :D

#3 phaketrash

phaketrash

Advanced Member

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 543 posts
    • LocationCambridge, MA

Posted 01 April 2013 - 01:57 PM

Seems like a rather divisive thread to create, and by "seems," I mean "is" :P

Not saying I do or would like to go on McHale bashing sprees, but the same could be said for those who laud McHale. Man, I hate putting on my rubber suit just to wade through that love fest in all the other threads! Why do I have to read that? icky. lol /end tongue in cheek

#4 thejohnnygold

thejohnnygold

Advanced Member

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 845 posts
    • LocationAustin

Posted 01 April 2013 - 02:12 PM

"Kevin McHale smells of boiled cabbage.  There.  I said it....

Now will somebody give me some credit for our transition offense???"

usp-nba_-detroit-pistons-at-houston-rock

#5 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

Advanced Member

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 968 posts
    • Locationhouston

Posted 01 April 2013 - 02:16 PM

Steven:

to assume everyone or even most agree with you is premature. each poster has the right to their opinion. if you don't like it stop reading it. trying to confine everyone who doesn't agree with you to 1 tread ain't gonna happen. the only way I would ever agree to such an idea is you and all the McHale lovers also confine yourself's to one thread so I don't have to read your opinions either. the purpose of this forum is the free exchange of ideas and opinions. if you can't stand the heat stay out of the kitchen. it just that simple.

#6 Alituro

Alituro

Advanced Member

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 218 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 02:59 PM

I don't like that he gave up on the Memphis game in the fourth quarter when it was still within reach. If our playoff berth becomes determined by our last game versus LAL, and we lose, then I will blame it on this moment of nonchalance and call for his head. The quarter started with a 5 point deficit and not a single starter saw any minutes in the quarter... It was still only a 9 point deficit with 8 minutes left, when the starters should have been rotated in.. I understand Harden may have already been hurt, but we still coulda used Asik, Parsons and Lin...

#7 pharmag

pharmag

Advanced Member

• Members
      • PipPipPip
      • 167 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 03:13 PM

I don't like that he gave up on the Memphis game in the fourth quarter when it was still within reach. If our playoff berth becomes determined by our last game versus LAL, and we lose, then I will blame it on this moment of nonchalance and call for his head. The quarter started with a 5 point deficit and not a single starter saw any minutes in the quarter... It was still only a 9 point deficit with 8 minutes left, when the starters should have been rotated in.. I understand Harden may have already been hurt, but we still coulda used Asik, Parsons and Lin...

May have a point, but that being said, then perhaps we don't win Clippers game?  I find it hard to believe they play as well without Harden if you tack on the extra minutes/don't motivate them by benching them for not playing well.  He made a decision that we can't fully comprehend the reasoning and don't entirely know what the implications are if he had gone the other way.  That being said, most of us would have been happy with a 2-2 split on the weeks game, which we got.

#8 phaketrash

phaketrash

Advanced Member

• Members
        • PipPipPip
        • 543 posts
        • LocationCambridge, MA

Posted 01 April 2013 - 03:21 PM

I'm okay with the benching. Rest them while finally hammering home to them that they need to play smarter. Equal treatment of starters finally ftw.

#9 Richards

Richards

Advanced Member

• Members
        • PipPipPip
        • 75 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 03:27 PM

I "hate" McHale's coaching at Grizz game.

I "love" McHale's coaching at Clippers game.

Am I a wishy-washy guy?  :D

#10 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

Advanced Member

• Members
          • PipPipPip
          • 968 posts
          • Locationhouston

Posted 01 April 2013 - 03:32 PM

I "hate" McHale's coaching at Grizz game.

I "love" McHale's coaching at Clippers game.

Am I a wishy-washy guy?  :D

funny :lol:

#11 timetodienow1234567

timetodienow1234567

Advanced Member

• Members
          • PipPipPip
          • 472 posts
          • LocationAlabama

Posted 01 April 2013 - 05:08 PM

Kevin Mchale is a basketball genius. He did a great job installing the offense. He greenlit Parsons/Harden/Delfino.  And it's been working. Here's our guys' shooting percentages.

Parsons = 47.7%FG, 38.1% 3point.

Harden = 44.4% FG, 37.4% 3 point.

Delfino = 40.9% FG, 37.9% 3 point.

He
          must have looked at the stats and decided who to give free reign
          to.......Oh wait, he scoffs at analytics, maybe that was Morey's
          decision?

But, Mchale's a genius motivator. If it
          wasn't for our lack of talent, we'd be in contention for a championship
          with Mchale at the helm.

1) Mchale got us super motivated for
          our 2nd rematch against GS after they kept us from getting the 3 point
          record......Nevermind we got blown out.

2) Our bench guys were better than our starters so he benched the starters. That made us win the Grizzlies game......Nevermind.

3) His rotations are clear and set for the playoffs to give us some measure of stability......Nevermind.

He's done wonders for our defense........Nevermind.

#12 thejohnnygold

thejohnnygold

Advanced Member

• Members
          • PipPipPip
          • 845 posts
          • LocationAustin

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:44 PM

For the record, we did win our next game against GSW the next week: 116-107.

Regarding our rotations...that's a  little tricky.  Our guys (besides Asik) are all completely inconcsistent.  You just can't count on what you are going to get from Harden, Lin, Parsons, Delfino, or D-Mo on any given night.  If our players were more consistent I think we would see a more consistent rotation.  Now, is it possible that inconsistency comes from the lack of defined rotations?  Maybe...mabe not...we are heading towards the "chicken and the egg" debate.  There is no telling from our viewpoint.

I am unconcerned about the Memphis game.  I love that no one chides Del Negro for benching his guys against the Rockets the next night.  Larger point differential?  Big deal--you have Chris Paul and the rockets can't play defense, right?  I also enjoyed that the Clippers "being tired after playing San Antonio the night before" was put forth to diminish the win immediately after the opposite was said regarding the Rockets against Memphis--they are pro athletes in top form--they shouldn't get tired ever, etc.  It begins to look like a double standard is brewing... :unsure:

#13 timetodienow1234567

timetodienow1234567

Advanced Member

• Members
          • PipPipPip
          • 472 posts
          • LocationAlabama

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:46 PM

For the record, we did win our next game against GSW the next week: 116-107.

Regarding our rotations...that's a  little tricky.  Our guys (besides Asik) are all completely inconcsistent.  You just can't count on what you are going to get from Harden, Lin, Parsons, Delfino, or D-Mo on any given night.  If our players were more consistent I think we would see a more consistent rotation.  Now, is it possible that inconsistency comes from the lack of defined rotations?  Maybe...mabe not...we are heading towards the "chicken and the egg" debate.  There is no telling from our viewpoint.

I am unconcerned about the Memphis game.  I love that no one chides Del Negro for benching his guys against the Rockets the next night.  Larger point differential?  Big deal--you have Chris Paul and the rockets can't play defense, right?

The biggest difference is that the Clippers have already secured a playoff spot. We haven't.

#14 thejohnnygold

thejohnnygold

Advanced Member

• Members
          • PipPipPip
          • 845 posts
          • LocationAustin

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:49 PM

That's fair.

#15 Steven

Steven

Advanced Member

• Members
          • PipPipPip
          • 382 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:03 PM

The clippers are battling for Home Court. Just as big as making the playoffs.

#16 2016Champions

2016Champions

Advanced Member

• Members
            • PipPipPip
            • 624 posts
            • LocationVirginia, USA.

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:05 PM

If we didn't turn the ball over so often (we lead the league in turnovers--a product of our youth and inexperience) we would be much better on both ends of the floor (less turnovers means less fast break opportunities--the Achilles heel of our defense), and as a result we would have won more games than we already have.

On the other hand the Clippers have Chris Paul, an experienced pg who doesn't turn the ball over anywhere near as often as Lin or Harden do on a per minute basis. Not to mention Paul is arguably the best leader in the league, where as we don't even have a true leader.

“A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open.” 
            ― Frank Zappa

#17 Alituro

Alituro

Advanced Member

• Members
            • PipPipPip
            • 218 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:27 PM

May have a point, but that being said, then perhaps we don't win Clippers game?  I find it hard to believe they play as well without Harden if you tack on the extra minutes/don't motivate them by benching them for not playing well.  He made a decision that we can't fully comprehend the reasoning and don't entirely know what the implications are if he had gone the other way.  That being said, most of us would have been happy with a 2-2 split on the weeks game, which we got.

I agree it's hard to be mad at the 2-2 split but it coulda just as easily been a 1-3 stomping... Maybe coach knew Harden wasn't going to be on the court against the Clips and decided to preserve ALL the starters? This whole keep or send him packing discussion should probably be held off to season's end. If the bottom falls out and we somehow miss the postseason again after such a promising, exciting year, then where else should we put the blame? Certainly not on our high reaching dreams. If he coaches into the playoffs, then yeah keep him around a while, if not, then he should have not teased us fans by keeping us in the hunt all season only to shatter our hopes and dreams in the last few games, then fire him.

#18 phaketrash

phaketrash

Advanced Member

• Members
              • PipPipPip
              • 543 posts
              • LocationCambridge, MA

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:05 PM

This reminds me of this:

http://espn.go.com/n...n-antonio-spurs

Pop's quote made me lawl.

#19 2016Champions

2016Champions

Advanced Member

• Members
              • PipPipPip
              • 624 posts
              • LocationVirginia, USA.

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:18 PM

I love Pop lol

“A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open.” 
              ― Frank Zappa

#20 thejohnnygold

thejohnnygold

Advanced Member

• Members
              • PipPipPip
              • 845 posts
              • LocationAustin

Posted 01 April 2013 - 11:46 PM

"Hi, I'm Bill Laimbeer.  I have NBA Championship-Hall of Fame pedigree and have lots of coaching experience with three championships under my belt (stop snickering....the WNBA is legit....seriously, stop).  What have I got to do to get a sniff of an NBA head coaching job?  I played and learned under Coach Daly and sat next to the highly revered Rick Adelman.  Seriously guys--I'm right here!"

bill-laimbeer-23jpg-61fa51b9998a9dba_med

I'm still not advocating McHale leaving, but if he was shown the door I would be very intrigued by Laimbeer.  I think he would command the same respect McHale does and he's proven he can coach at a high level (stop snickering ;)).

EDIT: updated bio

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users