Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Mario Peña : (10 October 2015 - 01:12 PM) If your part if the Red94 Fantasy Basketball League check the thread to vote for the date and time for the draft event. Thanks y'all!
@  jorgeaam : (07 October 2015 - 08:47 PM) Guys we need 1 more owner for the Red94 fantasy league, if interested please comment on the post in the fantasy basketball thread
@  slick shoes : (07 October 2015 - 06:50 PM) Kobe ranked one spot higher than Ariza? Is this based on legacy or...??
@  slick shoes : (07 October 2015 - 04:13 PM) It was hard to keep up with both the Astros and Rockets at the same time. Should be interesting on Thursday with the Texans and Astros on simultaneously.
@  Mario Peña : (07 October 2015 - 04:09 PM) It was fun to have the Rockets on last night! Right now I'm watching the Celtics versus Milan and Alessandro Gentile is impressive.
@  jorgeaam : (06 October 2015 - 07:47 PM) Well, thinking twice about it, I'd rather have him score less and have the team as a whole do better. Lawson should take a lot of his load off
@  jorgeaam : (06 October 2015 - 07:47 PM) Loving that, hope he hits 30 PPG this year
@  thejohnnygold : (06 October 2015 - 06:15 PM) Someone is feeling confident :) : LINK
@  jorgeaam : (06 October 2015 - 05:54 PM) 10 Teams done, will need 2 more
@  Mario Peña : (06 October 2015 - 02:35 PM) Alright guys, if anyone is interested in joining the Red94 fantasy basketball league we could use one more player to get us to 10 teams (or three to get us to 12 teams). Just check the thread in the Fantasy Basketball forum. Thanks!
@  thejohnnygold : (05 October 2015 - 06:23 PM) I use leaguepass here in Austin with no problems...
@  skip 2 my lou : (05 October 2015 - 03:14 PM) Hey fellas, I'm a rocket fan but I live in the heart of Dallas. Does anybody know if I buy NBA Leaguepass if it's too close to be subject to blackouts?
@  Losthief : (02 October 2015 - 02:24 AM) tks jg
@  thejohnnygold : (29 September 2015 - 05:16 AM) FYI, it was media day today. Interviews are up at NBA.com
@  slick shoes : (23 September 2015 - 06:37 PM) kind of late in the day but NBATV is broadcasting classis Rockets games all day today.
@  SadLakerFan : (16 September 2015 - 04:37 AM) Man, as a Laker fan, I'm learning how little you care about the off season when your team sucks. Anyway, a quick moment to remember Moses. Still remember watching the 81 team as a kid - losing record, NBA Finals. I would have cried w/joy if they could have beaten the Celtics.
@  jorgeaam : (15 September 2015 - 08:30 PM) http://bleacherrepor...ist-after-crash
@  jorgeaam : (15 September 2015 - 08:30 PM) So to celebrate his new contract, Montrezl Harrell saved someone's life on monday
@  thejohnnygold : (14 September 2015 - 04:36 PM) A good article from Blinebury talking about when Hakeem and Moses used to play in the park. LINK
@  rockets best... : (14 September 2015 - 02:29 AM) I agree totally. I got to watch his Rocket days and the man was a hell of a player. BIG MO R.I.P.

Photo

Paul Millsap

• Please log in to reply
148 replies to this topic

#141 RollingWave

RollingWave

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 06:08 AM

A theoretical trade that might work for Amir Johnson I guess is along the lines of .

http://espn.go.com/n...tradeId=kzloph7

This would be pretty block buster for sure. I can see something like this for Toronto that clears all deck at once while getting mostly servicable players back with probably a pick or 2 as well. that would really be able to reset their team to a more reasonable level.

#142 Mason Khamvilay

Mason Khamvilay

Veteran

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • 3,216 posts
    • LocationVirginia, USA.

Posted 12 November 2013 - 08:03 PM

In more cases than not, if someone can shoot long 2's at a decent clip he can also shoot wide open corner 3's at a decent clip. I prefer Millsap, but Amir is a good choice too. 

Edited by 2016Champions, 12 November 2013 - 08:05 PM.

#143 sircharles

sircharles

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 283 posts
    • LocationAustin Tx

Posted 12 November 2013 - 08:05 PM

perhaps we can get thaddeus young, help the 76ers out with that tanking project. he would help spread the floor for sure and he is a good all around player.

or brandon bass.

Edited by sircharles, 12 November 2013 - 08:06 PM.

#144 Mason Khamvilay

Mason Khamvilay

Veteran

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • 3,216 posts
    • LocationVirginia, USA.

Posted 12 November 2013 - 08:20 PM

perhaps we can get thaddeus young, help the 76ers out with that tanking project. he would help spread the floor for sure and he is a good all around player.

or brandon bass.

Thad is very nice. I'd rather get Sullinger than Bass though. 

#145 sircharles

sircharles

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 283 posts
    • LocationAustin Tx

Posted 12 November 2013 - 10:48 PM

i just like bass cause he can shoot and is efficient 

#146 Mason Khamvilay

Mason Khamvilay

Veteran

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • 3,216 posts
    • LocationVirginia, USA.

Posted 14 December 2013 - 08:09 AM

Many league insiders maintain that the Rockets' No. 1 target in an Asik deal is Hawks forward Paul Millsap, who will join more than 100 players who signed contracts in July in becoming trade-eligible Dec. 15, which happens to be Sunday. We caution, though, that gauging the Hawks' true willingness to part with Millsap -- after signing him to a two-year, $19 million deal that increasingly ranks as one of the league's best bargains -- remains a mystery thanks to ever-coy Hawks general manager Danny Ferry. 

- Marc Stein via ESPN

I'm so happy Daryl Morey is the GM of my favorite team, he thinks just like I do! 

#147 Dayak

Dayak

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 116 posts
    • LocationBorneo Island

Posted 14 December 2013 - 11:19 AM

Asik + D-Mo for Milsap + Gustavo Ayon? We really need a reliable back up C.

#148 Mason Khamvilay

Mason Khamvilay

Veteran

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • 3,216 posts
    • LocationVirginia, USA.

Posted 14 December 2013 - 02:18 PM

Morey still has the room exception ($2.5m) which he didn't use during free agency, so hopefully a back up center shakes loose at the trade deadline.

Edited by 2016Champions, 14 December 2013 - 02:19 PM.

#149 Losthief

Losthief

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 475 posts
    • LocationHouston

Posted 14 December 2013 - 09:25 PM

Thad is very nice. I'd rather get Sullinger than Bass though. 

have to agree...i don't have the link handy, but in the brad stevens q and a (on grantland? i think?) he talks a bit about using players strengths instead of focusing on fixing there weaknesses.

He mentions sullinger as a 3pt threat in the same area and says the strength thing is why he's using brandon bass so much in post ups. So, with our team and dwight i'd lean toward sullinger as well.

heres the q and a: http://www.grantland...jordan-crawford

p.s. i really enjoyed the q and a as a overall read, found it interesting that he doesn't use analytics as much as outsiders think, instead relying on those around him more familiar to let him know what he needs to and uses that. Made me more hopeful for Mchale, as he seems like a guy willing to let others do what they do to make the whole better.

Edited by Losthief, 14 December 2013 - 09:27 PM.

LoSTHieF

I'd Rather Be Lucky Than Skilled

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users