Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  majik19 : (13 October 2015 - 09:09 PM) Apparently we claimed Arsalan Kazemi off waivers from the Hawks today... yet another undersized (6'7") power forward for Morey's cupboard.
@  Mario Peña : (10 October 2015 - 01:12 PM) If your part if the Red94 Fantasy Basketball League check the thread to vote for the date and time for the draft event. Thanks y'all!
@  jorgeaam : (07 October 2015 - 08:47 PM) Guys we need 1 more owner for the Red94 fantasy league, if interested please comment on the post in the fantasy basketball thread
@  slick shoes : (07 October 2015 - 06:50 PM) Kobe ranked one spot higher than Ariza? Is this based on legacy or...??
@  slick shoes : (07 October 2015 - 04:13 PM) It was hard to keep up with both the Astros and Rockets at the same time. Should be interesting on Thursday with the Texans and Astros on simultaneously.
@  Mario Peña : (07 October 2015 - 04:09 PM) It was fun to have the Rockets on last night! Right now I'm watching the Celtics versus Milan and Alessandro Gentile is impressive.
@  jorgeaam : (06 October 2015 - 07:47 PM) Well, thinking twice about it, I'd rather have him score less and have the team as a whole do better. Lawson should take a lot of his load off
@  jorgeaam : (06 October 2015 - 07:47 PM) Loving that, hope he hits 30 PPG this year
@  thejohnnygold : (06 October 2015 - 06:15 PM) Someone is feeling confident :) : LINK
@  jorgeaam : (06 October 2015 - 05:54 PM) 10 Teams done, will need 2 more
@  Mario Peña : (06 October 2015 - 02:35 PM) Alright guys, if anyone is interested in joining the Red94 fantasy basketball league we could use one more player to get us to 10 teams (or three to get us to 12 teams). Just check the thread in the Fantasy Basketball forum. Thanks!
@  thejohnnygold : (05 October 2015 - 06:23 PM) I use leaguepass here in Austin with no problems...
@  skip 2 my lou : (05 October 2015 - 03:14 PM) Hey fellas, I'm a rocket fan but I live in the heart of Dallas. Does anybody know if I buy NBA Leaguepass if it's too close to be subject to blackouts?
@  Losthief : (02 October 2015 - 02:24 AM) tks jg
@  thejohnnygold : (29 September 2015 - 05:16 AM) FYI, it was media day today. Interviews are up at NBA.com
@  slick shoes : (23 September 2015 - 06:37 PM) kind of late in the day but NBATV is broadcasting classis Rockets games all day today.
@  SadLakerFan : (16 September 2015 - 04:37 AM) Man, as a Laker fan, I'm learning how little you care about the off season when your team sucks. Anyway, a quick moment to remember Moses. Still remember watching the 81 team as a kid - losing record, NBA Finals. I would have cried w/joy if they could have beaten the Celtics.
@  jorgeaam : (15 September 2015 - 08:30 PM) http://bleacherrepor...ist-after-crash
@  jorgeaam : (15 September 2015 - 08:30 PM) So to celebrate his new contract, Montrezl Harrell saved someone's life on monday
@  thejohnnygold : (14 September 2015 - 04:36 PM) A good article from Blinebury talking about when Hakeem and Moses used to play in the park. LINK

Photo

Rockets still plan on pursuing Dwight, Bynum, Josh Smith

• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

#81 Jason

Jason

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 06:53 PM

Yeah, they will probably end up keeping him past his current contract.

#82 Mason Khamvilay

Mason Khamvilay

Veteran

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • 3,216 posts
    • LocationVirginia, USA.

Posted 11 March 2013 - 07:16 PM

I was thinking about that. If we get Bosh that could conflict with the style of play Morey wants, because Bosh is a guy who likes to take mid-range shots while Morey wants only shots at the basket and 3's. Maybe Morey is willing to make an acception for Bosh though, Bosh is shooting an insane 55% from 16-23 feet this season.  

http://stats.nba.com...l?PlayerID=2547

#83 phaketrash

phaketrash

Advanced Member

• Members
    • PipPipPipPip
    • 891 posts
    • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 11 March 2013 - 08:21 PM

I've always liked Bosh's game, but his contract is a killer. I'd really want to swing a trade for LMA if, in a hypothetical situation, we snagged Howard. I think a trade for KLove, assuming we had Howard, at the 2014 trade deadline would work...if Minny is still doing badly. A package of Asik/Parsons/TRob for Love. Dwight would mean we keep our defense intact, though we don't have a very strong bench (in fact, it gets weaker w/ possibly Delfino starting at the 3). Not saying I'd do that trade, but something like that for Love seems plausible to me. Harder to get that to work for LMA, I think, just because Parsons becomes a little more redundant.

Trading 2014 deadline makes the most sense as Love would have 1.5 seasons left before he would almost certainly opt out, and Minny wants to avoid those situations where the player holds a lot of power and thus loses trade value (as teams realize they can sign for him straight up soon). Parsons/Asik/TRob would also not be expirings yet, so still very good value for more than just one season. But hey, if Love doesn't recover well and Parsons and TRob get even better...wouldn't even need to do that trade.

#84 Alituro

Alituro

Advanced Member

• Members
    • PipPipPipPip
    • 548 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 06:08 PM

IDK, after every game I get more and more weary of pursuing Smith or D12... I want Asik on my team for years to come. I think he surpasses D12 in defensive prowess which makes his contract quite a bargain. D-mo is a better offensive player already than Smith, and every game is showing more and more that T-rob could easily be just as good except with more reluctance to shoot the long ball. The only move I could get behind this offseason would be for a high tier PG like CP3 or a slightly lesser one in Redick. To me, this is our biggest hole because none on our roster play like a true PG with the exception of Beverley who is still a work in progress. Other than that I'd like to see one more year of development from our current roster and perhaps hold out until 2014 to see what big name may help us. We also need a full sized SG to give Harden some rest.

#85 phaketrash

phaketrash

Advanced Member

• Members
      • PipPipPipPip
      • 891 posts
      • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 17 March 2013 - 04:09 PM

IDK, after every game I get more and more weary of pursuing Smith or D12... I want Asik on my team for years to come. I think he surpasses D12 in defensive prowess which makes his contract quite a bargain. D-mo is a better offensive player already than Smith, and every game is showing more and more that T-rob could easily be just as good except with more reluctance to shoot the long ball. The only move I could get behind this offseason would be for a high tier PG like CP3 or a slightly lesser one in Redick. To me, this is our biggest hole because none on our roster play like a true PG with the exception of Beverley who is still a work in progress. Other than that I'd like to see one more year of development from our current roster and perhaps hold out until 2014 to see what big name may help us. We also need a full sized SG to give Harden some rest.

One thing to keep in mind though is that signing D12 to a 4 yr deal this offseason actually gives us a much clearer long-term plan and stability than w/ Asik, whose contract ends after 2 more seasons, and will almost certainly not be at the current bargain at the end of it. Asik's great, and I love him for our team, but just food for thought.

#86 timetodienow1234567

timetodienow1234567

Veteran

• Members
      • PipPipPipPipPipPip
      • 2,596 posts
      • LocationAlabama

Posted 17 March 2013 - 04:21 PM

DMo > offensively than Smith?????? Holy crap. It's hard to debate with some guys on this forum. Every other play is a boneheaded move. He's got the potential to be better, but he is nowhere near that level yet.

And Asik > Dwight defensively??? That's closer, but when healthy Dwight is the best center in the game defensively. I understand the enthusiasm for our guys, but let's not lose our grips on reality.

Why so Serious? :D

#87 Cooper

Cooper

• Members
      • PipPipPipPipPip
      • 1,290 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 04:36 PM

Yeah there's no reason not to go for Dwight because of asik is already on the roster.

#88 Mario Peña

Mario Peña

Officer

• Moderators
        • 2,308 posts
        • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 17 March 2013 - 05:04 PM

Agreed, Motiejunas is still at least a year out from being as good or as consistent as Smith offensively and you can take that for everything it means. And Dwight is one of the great players in the league right now and there is a good bit of evidence that points to needing at least 2 big stars and despite everything Asik provides the Rockets he is definitely not a star player.
        How sweet it is!

#89 thejohnnygold

thejohnnygold

Veteran

• Moderators
        • 4,133 posts
        • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 17 March 2013 - 05:20 PM

Where do you guys think we are right now in terms of the ability to lure Dwight away from LA?  50% chance?  1% chance?  Honestly, I have no idea.  Guessing, I'd say about 5% chance he leaves AND comes to Houston.

He definitely would catapult us directly into finals contention; although, the Lakers said the same thing this year.

I still contend that Dwight's finals run in Orlando had as much to do with hot 3 point shooting and Hedo Turkoglu somehow becoming unguardable as it did with his own abilities.  Maybe deep down he knows this too and will be looking for a situation where he can be Robin to someone else's (harden) Batman.

#90 Mason Khamvilay

Mason Khamvilay

Veteran

• Members
        • PipPipPipPipPipPip
        • 3,216 posts
        • LocationVirginia, USA.

Posted 17 March 2013 - 05:42 PM

DMo > offensively than Smith?????? Holy crap. It's hard to debate with some guys on this forum. Every other play is a boneheaded move. He's got the potential to be better, but he is nowhere near that level yet.

And Asik > Dwight defensively??? That's closer, but when healthy Dwight is the best center in the game defensively. I understand the enthusiasm for our guys, but let's not lose our grips on reality.

I think you're a little delusional about how good Josh Smith is offensively....

#91 Mario Peña

Mario Peña

Officer

• Moderators
        • 2,308 posts
        • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 17 March 2013 - 06:03 PM

Between it being the Lakers organization we are competing with, considering he has purchased his 20 something million dollar house in Kobe's neighborhood and the whole agent deciding LA is better for them both in Hollywood, I am betting Howard stays a Laker. We can dream though.
        How sweet it is!

#92 Rahat Huq

Rahat Huq

Administrator

• Administrators
        • 1,547 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 06:46 PM

I'd say it looked like 5% back around the All-Star break.  I'd put it at less than 1% now with LA turning things around.  

#93 Stephen

Stephen

• Members
          • PipPipPip
          • 338 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 07:23 PM

Re Bosh,

Was watching the Raptors/Heat game today and the Heat color guy,after Bosh made a corner 3,said Bosh works on that shot in practice and shoots a bunch of them in pre-game warm-ups.

Not happening,but I would prefer Bosh out of the Aldridge,Love,Smith group.

Bosh is a much better help defender than Aldridge,better defender than Love and vastly better on offense than Smith. Out of the group only Love is a great rebounder,the rest are barely mediocre. I also believe Bosh would fit better w/Asik and Motie,as he could play PF w/Asik and C w/Motie.

Not gonna happen,but sure would be nice if it did.

#94 Richards

Richards

• Members
            • PipPipPip
            • 393 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 07:27 PM

No team can afford more than 3 big names. We are set at No.2. Let us see where we could replace:

No.1 - No chance to sign a big name here

- Lin is doing OK

- I doubt all big names PG want to come. PG primary job is ball handling. Sharing with Harden give them less opportunity for them.

No. 3 - Slim chance

- Parsons has all around skills with chap contract. Team guy and unlimited upside. 

No. 4 - Very good chance

- no need to argue

No. 5 - good chance

- Asik is a good already and room to grow, a good team guy

- but Bynum and D12 would be an upgrade skill wise, but not sure we are inviting a drama here

#95 phaketrash

phaketrash

Advanced Member

• Members
              • PipPipPipPip
              • 891 posts
              • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:48 PM

Re Bosh,

Was watching the Raptors/Heat game today and the Heat color guy,after Bosh made a corner 3,said Bosh works on that shot in practice and shoots a bunch of them in pre-game warm-ups.

Not happening,but I would prefer Bosh out of the Aldridge,Love,Smith group.

Bosh is a much better help defender than Aldridge,better defender than Love and vastly better on offense than Smith. Out of the group only Love is a great rebounder,the rest are barely mediocre. I also believe Bosh would fit better w/Asik and Motie,as he could play PF w/Asik and C w/Motie.

Not gonna happen,but sure would be nice if it did.

I'm with you Stephen. I like Bosh a lot and thinks he would be a great fit on our team too. Would I pay $20M and wait a yr is the question. 2014, Bosh might be the odd man out at Miami...so we'll see.

#96 timetodienow1234567

timetodienow1234567

Veteran

• Members
              • PipPipPipPipPipPip
              • 2,596 posts
              • LocationAlabama

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:50 PM

I think you're a little delusional about how good Josh Smith is offensively....

Not really. He's not great offensively, and his shot selection can be poor at times, but he's a million times better than DMo at this point. DMo makes lots of stupid plays. Hopefully he'll cut those out next year, but until then, it's not very close. I love DMo's upside.

Why so Serious? :D

#97 Mason Khamvilay

Mason Khamvilay

Veteran

• Members
              • PipPipPipPipPipPip
              • 3,216 posts
              • LocationVirginia, USA.

Posted 17 March 2013 - 10:07 PM

Josh Smith's shot selection is bad everytime he can't get to the rim, which is pretty much everytime he's in a half court set.

D-Mo's shortcomings comes on the defensive end. Offensively he's a much better post player and shooter than Josh Smith is.

#98 08huangj

08huangj

Rookie

• Members
              • PipPip
              • 77 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 09:54 AM

Dwight Howard was the correct choice from the start!!

#99 Steven

Steven

Veteran

• Members
                • PipPipPipPipPipPip
                • 2,008 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 04:33 PM

I'd say it looked like 5% back around the All-Star break. I'd put it at less than 1% now with LA turning things around.

I'm glad you were wrong with this prediction.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users