Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  majik19 : (13 October 2015 - 09:09 PM) Apparently we claimed Arsalan Kazemi off waivers from the Hawks today... yet another undersized (6'7") power forward for Morey's cupboard.
@  Mario Peña : (10 October 2015 - 01:12 PM) If your part if the Red94 Fantasy Basketball League check the thread to vote for the date and time for the draft event. Thanks y'all!
@  jorgeaam : (07 October 2015 - 08:47 PM) Guys we need 1 more owner for the Red94 fantasy league, if interested please comment on the post in the fantasy basketball thread
@  slick shoes : (07 October 2015 - 06:50 PM) Kobe ranked one spot higher than Ariza? Is this based on legacy or...??
@  slick shoes : (07 October 2015 - 04:13 PM) It was hard to keep up with both the Astros and Rockets at the same time. Should be interesting on Thursday with the Texans and Astros on simultaneously.
@  Mario Peña : (07 October 2015 - 04:09 PM) It was fun to have the Rockets on last night! Right now I'm watching the Celtics versus Milan and Alessandro Gentile is impressive.
@  jorgeaam : (06 October 2015 - 07:47 PM) Well, thinking twice about it, I'd rather have him score less and have the team as a whole do better. Lawson should take a lot of his load off
@  jorgeaam : (06 October 2015 - 07:47 PM) Loving that, hope he hits 30 PPG this year
@  thejohnnygold : (06 October 2015 - 06:15 PM) Someone is feeling confident :) : LINK
@  jorgeaam : (06 October 2015 - 05:54 PM) 10 Teams done, will need 2 more
@  Mario Peña : (06 October 2015 - 02:35 PM) Alright guys, if anyone is interested in joining the Red94 fantasy basketball league we could use one more player to get us to 10 teams (or three to get us to 12 teams). Just check the thread in the Fantasy Basketball forum. Thanks!
@  thejohnnygold : (05 October 2015 - 06:23 PM) I use leaguepass here in Austin with no problems...
@  skip 2 my lou : (05 October 2015 - 03:14 PM) Hey fellas, I'm a rocket fan but I live in the heart of Dallas. Does anybody know if I buy NBA Leaguepass if it's too close to be subject to blackouts?
@  Losthief : (02 October 2015 - 02:24 AM) tks jg
@  thejohnnygold : (29 September 2015 - 05:16 AM) FYI, it was media day today. Interviews are up at NBA.com
@  slick shoes : (23 September 2015 - 06:37 PM) kind of late in the day but NBATV is broadcasting classis Rockets games all day today.
@  SadLakerFan : (16 September 2015 - 04:37 AM) Man, as a Laker fan, I'm learning how little you care about the off season when your team sucks. Anyway, a quick moment to remember Moses. Still remember watching the 81 team as a kid - losing record, NBA Finals. I would have cried w/joy if they could have beaten the Celtics.
@  jorgeaam : (15 September 2015 - 08:30 PM) http://bleacherrepor...ist-after-crash
@  jorgeaam : (15 September 2015 - 08:30 PM) So to celebrate his new contract, Montrezl Harrell saved someone's life on monday
@  thejohnnygold : (14 September 2015 - 04:36 PM) A good article from Blinebury talking about when Hakeem and Moses used to play in the park. LINK

Photo

Rockets @ Mavericks

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Rahat Huq

Rahat Huq

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,547 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:26 PM

Anyone have a link to watch this online?

Hoping to see Marcus Morris and/or Royce White.

#2 Sir Thursday

Sir Thursday

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 1,188 posts
    • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 16 October 2012 - 12:29 AM

Goody Two-shoes says: "I've got League Pass, so I'll be watching through that."
    Downloader Kid says: "firstrowsports.eu is usually a good bet if you're looking for a stream."

;)

ST

#3 amacbrooks12

amacbrooks12

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 161 posts
    • LocationBronx, New York

Posted 16 October 2012 - 02:23 AM

Wow , Omer Asik once again with double digits in rebounding . I guess the rockets' players weren't kidding when they said Big O gets every rebound.

#4 Steven

Steven

Veteran

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • 2,008 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 02:34 AM

Big O is already linked to a Hall of Famer, Omer Asik needs a different nickname then that.

#5 Sir Thursday

Sir Thursday

• Members
      • PipPipPipPipPip
      • 1,188 posts
      • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 16 October 2012 - 01:12 PM

So my impressions from the last two games:

- D-Mo looks A LOT more assured playing at PF than he does at C. He seemed much more willing and able to move towards the basket on his post moves rather than away, and he looked more comfortable being able to float out to the perimeter on occasion as well. I think he benefits from not being guarded by the biggest body on the opposing team, especially in post matchups. He seemed to fit especially well when playing with Greg Smith in the Spurs game - I thought that partnership worked quite well.

- Speaking of Smith, he looked much improved over what we saw from him last year. He was no longer completely anonymous on the offensive end. There were one or two nice finishes from him and he even made a shot from 10 feet or so. I don't remember any egregious (good word, that) defensive mistakes from him either (although was it him that Eddy Curry was backing down in the post? I can't remember). Anyway, he seems to have lost his tentativeness from last year, which can only be a good thing going forwards.

- Royce White did not have a good debut. McHale put him in as the first sub off the bench but he was the definition of invisible while he was on the floor. Barely touched the ball except to miss a few shots...the only thing worth writing home about was a pretty nice rejection of a Delonte West dunk attempt. When he came back on in the second half he was better, but still rather limited. His effectiveness seemed mainly limited to the occasions when he gathered the defensive rebound (and I suspect a large part of his anonymity in the first half was that he didn't get any) and then tried to go coast to coast. I counted 4 times he did this, with the following results: (1) scores with the layup; (2) called for an offensive foul; (3) dashes to the three point line and then drops it off to set up the offense; and (4) dribbles past two defenders and makes a sweet dish that D-Mo couldn't convert. So not a bad conversion rate. But he was a bit of a one trick pony, and I suspect once teams realise that we're going to be seeing a lot more of (2) and (3) rather than (1) and (4). He had one other nice move where he received the ball in space on the three point line and penetrated, shook off his defender with a quick post move and finished. I'm hoping he can get more of that, but I suspect that at the NBA level such opportunities are not going to happen often unless he's in the game with someone who commands the double team. We didn't really have anyone who could do that today...maybe in the pick and roll with Lin? Defensively he was awful in the second half, and his lack of defense on Jae Crowder was largely the reason why he filled it up and cost us the game. White was so desperate to get the defensive rebound so he could do his fast break thing that he played off his man far too much. The result was a ton of wide open shots, which Crowder duly converted.

- Didn't feel like Douglas played very well last night. Offensively I felt we were rather stagnant and didn't get the sense that he could do much about it. Machado did alright when he came in, but his defence still needs work.

- We lost the Dallas game in the start of the 3rd quarter when we let them go on a 20-0 run. This was due to a combination of carelessness and not getting back on defence to stop the break. I suspect that's mainly because of this being a back-to-back and the legs not quite being there. Hopefully conditioning will be a bit better by the time the season starts.

- Gary Forbes impressed me. Whenever he comes in he seems to make shots and do the little things well. In the Dallas game both sides put out a predominantly rookie group for the 4th quarter, with Cunningham, Crowder and James (plus Dahntay and Dominique Jones) facing off against Machado, Lamb, White and Motiejunas (plus Forbes). Crowder stole the show (mainly due to the lax defense from White mentioned above), but for a while Forbes held his own. He looked very assured on the court and his extra experience was plain to see. I'm warming up to having him on the roster when the season starts.

ST

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users