Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  majik19 : (13 October 2015 - 09:09 PM) Apparently we claimed Arsalan Kazemi off waivers from the Hawks today... yet another undersized (6'7") power forward for Morey's cupboard.
@  Mario Peña : (10 October 2015 - 01:12 PM) If your part if the Red94 Fantasy Basketball League check the thread to vote for the date and time for the draft event. Thanks y'all!
@  jorgeaam : (07 October 2015 - 08:47 PM) Guys we need 1 more owner for the Red94 fantasy league, if interested please comment on the post in the fantasy basketball thread
@  slick shoes : (07 October 2015 - 06:50 PM) Kobe ranked one spot higher than Ariza? Is this based on legacy or...??
@  slick shoes : (07 October 2015 - 04:13 PM) It was hard to keep up with both the Astros and Rockets at the same time. Should be interesting on Thursday with the Texans and Astros on simultaneously.
@  Mario Peña : (07 October 2015 - 04:09 PM) It was fun to have the Rockets on last night! Right now I'm watching the Celtics versus Milan and Alessandro Gentile is impressive.
@  jorgeaam : (06 October 2015 - 07:47 PM) Well, thinking twice about it, I'd rather have him score less and have the team as a whole do better. Lawson should take a lot of his load off
@  jorgeaam : (06 October 2015 - 07:47 PM) Loving that, hope he hits 30 PPG this year
@  thejohnnygold : (06 October 2015 - 06:15 PM) Someone is feeling confident :) : LINK
@  jorgeaam : (06 October 2015 - 05:54 PM) 10 Teams done, will need 2 more
@  Mario Peña : (06 October 2015 - 02:35 PM) Alright guys, if anyone is interested in joining the Red94 fantasy basketball league we could use one more player to get us to 10 teams (or three to get us to 12 teams). Just check the thread in the Fantasy Basketball forum. Thanks!
@  thejohnnygold : (05 October 2015 - 06:23 PM) I use leaguepass here in Austin with no problems...
@  skip 2 my lou : (05 October 2015 - 03:14 PM) Hey fellas, I'm a rocket fan but I live in the heart of Dallas. Does anybody know if I buy NBA Leaguepass if it's too close to be subject to blackouts?
@  Losthief : (02 October 2015 - 02:24 AM) tks jg
@  thejohnnygold : (29 September 2015 - 05:16 AM) FYI, it was media day today. Interviews are up at NBA.com
@  slick shoes : (23 September 2015 - 06:37 PM) kind of late in the day but NBATV is broadcasting classis Rockets games all day today.
@  SadLakerFan : (16 September 2015 - 04:37 AM) Man, as a Laker fan, I'm learning how little you care about the off season when your team sucks. Anyway, a quick moment to remember Moses. Still remember watching the 81 team as a kid - losing record, NBA Finals. I would have cried w/joy if they could have beaten the Celtics.
@  jorgeaam : (15 September 2015 - 08:30 PM) http://bleacherrepor...ist-after-crash
@  jorgeaam : (15 September 2015 - 08:30 PM) So to celebrate his new contract, Montrezl Harrell saved someone's life on monday
@  thejohnnygold : (14 September 2015 - 04:36 PM) A good article from Blinebury talking about when Hakeem and Moses used to play in the park. LINK

Photo

*Updated 7/12*[cbs] Rockets using Amnesty cut on Scola?

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#41 blakecouey

blakecouey

Red94 Chief of Police

• Moderators
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 09:23 PM

Another Suns decision that makes no sense. Oh well, looks like theres a new 9th seed in the West. Best of luck to Scola.

#42 Rahat Huq

Rahat Huq

Administrator

• Administrators
    • 1,547 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 09:29 PM

So pointless, lol.

#43 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

glad you're on board, but I been on this boat since it left

• Members
      • PipPipPipPipPipPip
      • 4,125 posts
      • Locationhouston

Posted 16 July 2012 - 03:01 AM

Another Suns decision that makes no sense. Oh well, looks like theres a new 9th seed in the West. Best of luck to Scola.

I am not so fast to disc them as you are. look at their lineup dragic/pg scola/pf gortat/c beasley/sf now while I agree they do have a hole at sg there are still F/As left to chase. but I think that could be a playoff team

you can only warn a man that the bridge is out.....if he keeps driving he's on his own B)

#44 sircharles

sircharles

• Members
      • PipPipPip
      • 283 posts
      • LocationAustin Tx

Posted 16 July 2012 - 04:17 AM

now the suns are going after mayo

#45 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

• Members
      • PipPipPipPipPipPip
      • 4,125 posts
      • Locationhouston

Posted 16 July 2012 - 06:21 AM

now the suns are going after mayo

if they get mayo thats a playoff team hands down

you can only warn a man that the bridge is out.....if he keeps driving he's on his own B)

#46 Rahat Huq

Rahat Huq

Administrator

• Administrators
      • 1,547 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 11:06 AM

New post: http://www.red94.net...enix-suns/9860/

#47 Cooper

Cooper

• Members
        • PipPipPipPipPip
        • 1,290 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 03:14 PM

I disagree even if the suns get mayo they are the 9 seed,the west is really deep.

#48 Mario Peña

Mario Peña

Officer

• Moderators
          • 2,309 posts
          • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 16 July 2012 - 03:54 PM

Agreed, I think the Suns look poised to take the Rockets place as that team in the Western Conference that has a winning record and the 14th pick in the draft.
          How sweet it is!

#49 amacbrooks12

amacbrooks12

• Members
          • PipPipPip
          • 161 posts
          • LocationBronx, New York

Posted 16 July 2012 - 07:04 PM

I disagree with everyone here . I really think the suns couldve been something special with the potential lineup they were trying to get :

PG - Goran Dragic
          SG - Eric Gordon
          SF - Michael Beasley
          PF - Luis Scola
          C - Marcin Gortat

That team wouldve defitnetly made them a 5 seed in the West , but not contenders . And now since they lost out on Gordon , that dramatically drops them down to the 8th or 9th seed . But still , I admire what the Suns management is doing with their team .

#50 Mario Peña

Mario Peña

Officer

• Moderators
          • 2,309 posts
          • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 16 July 2012 - 07:15 PM

Gordon was never going to the Suns and their front office knew there chances of landing him were slim to nil at best. That was a charade and smart Suns fans knew that. A good storyline for certain.

As for Scola well I wish he would have gone to a contender but Phoenix is a pretty good consolation prize. It's a solid organization that players generally like, the training staff is top notch and the culture and Alvin Gentry create a good team environment.
          How sweet it is!

#51 Ostrow

Ostrow

Officer

• Members
          • PipPipPip
          • 437 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 08:36 PM

Gordon was never going to the Suns and their front office knew there chances of landing him were slim to nil at best. That was a charade and smart Suns fans knew that. A good storyline for certain.

Agreed, Gordon was a "never gunna happen" type offer.
            I'm also not sure why everyone here seems to be high on Michael Beasley. He was washed out of two places. It's not like he's particularly good. I guess he still has potential, but he really isn't that good right now.

#52 JarredAllen

JarredAllen

• Members
            • PipPipPip
            • 148 posts
            • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 17 July 2012 - 03:49 AM

They are definitely a playoff team with or without Gordon. Goran is a great PG, Beasley in a starting role can have a chance to shine, we all know what Scola can do and Gortat look like a top 10 Center.

#53 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

• Members
            • PipPipPipPipPipPip
            • 4,125 posts
            • Locationhouston

Posted 17 July 2012 - 04:34 AM

I disagree with everyone here . I really think the suns couldve been something special with the potential lineup they were trying to get :

PG - Goran Dragic
            SG - Eric Gordon
            SF - Michael Beasley
            PF - Luis Scola
            C - Marcin Gortat

That team wouldve defitnetly made them a 5 seed in the West , but not contenders . And now since they lost out on Gordon , that dramatically drops them down to the 8th or 9th seed . But still , I admire what the Suns management is doing with their team .

I don't know about that 5 seed stuff. the west is going to be a dog fight next year. there will be a couple of good teams that won't make the playoffs. my playoff perdiction(okc,lakers,clippers,the spurs,memphis,denver,phoenix, with utah, dallas and golden state fighting it out for the last spot.

Agreed, Gordon was a "never gunna happen" type offer.
            I'm also not sure why everyone here seems to be high on Michael Beasley. He was washed out of two places. It's not like he's particularly good. I guess he still has potential, but he really isn't that good right now.

as for beasley he is like a terrance williams who can really score. his problem has never been talent, its been that stuff between his ears.

#54 ale11

ale11

Advanced Member

• Members
            • PipPipPipPip
            • 707 posts
            • LocationMontevideo, Uruguay

Posted 17 July 2012 - 04:39 AM

Phoenix could be a playoff team if they get lucky injury-wise, because it's a respectable lineup, but I'm not sure about the whole rotation. I think that Golden State could easily be on top of Phoenix if Bogut and Curry stay healthy the entire season....just a thought, I might be wrong

#55 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

• Members
            • PipPipPipPipPipPip
            • 4,125 posts
            • Locationhouston

Posted 17 July 2012 - 04:43 AM

your right, but when is the last time bougut or curry played a whole season

#56 ale11

ale11

Advanced Member

• Members
            • PipPipPipPip
            • 707 posts
            • LocationMontevideo, Uruguay

Posted 17 July 2012 - 04:55 AM

Good point. Like I said, they have to be a bit lucky, but could happen. Actually the west it's getting stronger in general. There might not made great moves, but in free agency or in the draft, most of the west has upgraded....I think that the guaranteed for playoffs are OKC, both LA, San Antonio, Memphis and maybe Denver, the other two and a half spots would be really tough to anticipate that, but I don't see Phoenix as a guaranteed playoff team

#57 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

• Members
            • PipPipPipPipPipPip
            • 4,125 posts
            • Locationhouston

Posted 17 July 2012 - 05:14 AM

the reason I give the edge to phoenix in the 7th spot is the players they have are durable. unlike golden state. if history repeats itself curry and or bougut will miss a large chunk of the season. now if phoenix slips a little it could put utah or dallas in the mix. at any rate utah,dallas,phoenix and golden state will fight over the last 2 playoff spots or the 13th and 14th draft picks

#58 DaDakota

DaDakota

• Members
            • PipPipPip
            • 165 posts
            • LocationAustin

Posted 20 July 2012 - 09:24 PM

I think the Suns will be pretty good, not top of the west but in the playoffs, and for an owner like Sarver who is cash poor it makes the most since.

I still can not believe we let Scola go for nothing, the guy is a 17-7 player as a starter, how can you not get something of value for that?

#59 sircharles

sircharles

• Members
            • PipPipPip
            • 283 posts
            • LocationAustin Tx

Posted 20 July 2012 - 10:03 PM

Because his ability to play defense is completely diminished and his rebounding just gets worse. His post game is unbelievable but he is too slow and old

#60 DaDakota

DaDakota

• Members
            • PipPipPip
            • 165 posts
            • LocationAustin

Posted 21 July 2012 - 12:47 AM

Because his ability to play defense is completely diminished and his rebounding just gets worse. His post game is unbelievable but he is too slow and old

He is certainly NOT a good defender, but the Suns have Gortat on the backline along with Lopez, so, Luis' lack of defense will be diminished with a solid shot blocking big on the block.

Sort of like Yao when Luis played with him.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users