Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Mario Peña : (10 October 2015 - 01:12 PM) If your part if the Red94 Fantasy Basketball League check the thread to vote for the date and time for the draft event. Thanks y'all!
@  jorgeaam : (07 October 2015 - 08:47 PM) Guys we need 1 more owner for the Red94 fantasy league, if interested please comment on the post in the fantasy basketball thread
@  slick shoes : (07 October 2015 - 06:50 PM) Kobe ranked one spot higher than Ariza? Is this based on legacy or...??
@  slick shoes : (07 October 2015 - 04:13 PM) It was hard to keep up with both the Astros and Rockets at the same time. Should be interesting on Thursday with the Texans and Astros on simultaneously.
@  Mario Peña : (07 October 2015 - 04:09 PM) It was fun to have the Rockets on last night! Right now I'm watching the Celtics versus Milan and Alessandro Gentile is impressive.
@  jorgeaam : (06 October 2015 - 07:47 PM) Well, thinking twice about it, I'd rather have him score less and have the team as a whole do better. Lawson should take a lot of his load off
@  jorgeaam : (06 October 2015 - 07:47 PM) Loving that, hope he hits 30 PPG this year
@  thejohnnygold : (06 October 2015 - 06:15 PM) Someone is feeling confident :) : LINK
@  jorgeaam : (06 October 2015 - 05:54 PM) 10 Teams done, will need 2 more
@  Mario Peña : (06 October 2015 - 02:35 PM) Alright guys, if anyone is interested in joining the Red94 fantasy basketball league we could use one more player to get us to 10 teams (or three to get us to 12 teams). Just check the thread in the Fantasy Basketball forum. Thanks!
@  thejohnnygold : (05 October 2015 - 06:23 PM) I use leaguepass here in Austin with no problems...
@  skip 2 my lou : (05 October 2015 - 03:14 PM) Hey fellas, I'm a rocket fan but I live in the heart of Dallas. Does anybody know if I buy NBA Leaguepass if it's too close to be subject to blackouts?
@  Losthief : (02 October 2015 - 02:24 AM) tks jg
@  thejohnnygold : (29 September 2015 - 05:16 AM) FYI, it was media day today. Interviews are up at NBA.com
@  slick shoes : (23 September 2015 - 06:37 PM) kind of late in the day but NBATV is broadcasting classis Rockets games all day today.
@  SadLakerFan : (16 September 2015 - 04:37 AM) Man, as a Laker fan, I'm learning how little you care about the off season when your team sucks. Anyway, a quick moment to remember Moses. Still remember watching the 81 team as a kid - losing record, NBA Finals. I would have cried w/joy if they could have beaten the Celtics.
@  jorgeaam : (15 September 2015 - 08:30 PM) http://bleacherrepor...ist-after-crash
@  jorgeaam : (15 September 2015 - 08:30 PM) So to celebrate his new contract, Montrezl Harrell saved someone's life on monday
@  thejohnnygold : (14 September 2015 - 04:36 PM) A good article from Blinebury talking about when Hakeem and Moses used to play in the park. LINK
@  rockets best... : (14 September 2015 - 02:29 AM) I agree totally. I got to watch his Rocket days and the man was a hell of a player. BIG MO R.I.P.

Photo

Summer League 2012

• Please log in to reply
118 replies to this topic

#41 slick shoes

slick shoes

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 347 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 11 July 2012 - 05:13 PM

That video is is all over Twitter I believe.

I would love to see this. I don't have a twitter account so if anyone would be kind enough to post it, I would really appreciate it.
trickin' six digits on kicks and still holdin'.

#42 amacbrooks12

amacbrooks12

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
  • LocationBronx, New York

Posted 11 July 2012 - 05:49 PM

slick shoes :

the full scrimages and practice footage of our rookies and young players are all on Rockets.com .

#43 blakecouey

blakecouey

Red94 Chief of Police

• Moderators
  • 1,564 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 08:59 PM

Slick Shoes, here is the link to the video of White's play.

#44 slick shoes

slick shoes

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 347 posts
    • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 12 July 2012 - 02:22 AM

Slick Shoes, here is the link to the video of White's play.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5thW90zJsn8

I took amacbrooks12's advicfe and checked out what they had online. I appreciate it just the same, though.
    trickin' six digits on kicks and still holdin'.

#45 blakecouey

blakecouey

Red94 Chief of Police

• Moderators
    • 1,564 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 02:33 AM

I figured you did, wasnt able to get the clip til I got home.

While watching the full scrims and practices did you see any other good plays?

#46 blakecouey

blakecouey

Red94 Chief of Police

• Moderators
      • 1,564 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 02:09 PM

Rockets first game is tonight, we play Toronto at 5pm. Do we have any forum members that are going?

You can watch the games online at this link, for $5:
        https://account.nba....eaguebroadband/

#47 Cooper

Cooper

• Members
        • PipPipPipPipPip
        • 1,290 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 07:44 PM

Rockets first game is tonight, we play Toronto at 5pm. Do we have any forum members that are going?

You can watch the games online at this link, for $5:
          https://account.nba....eaguebroadband/

It's also on NBA tv
          Channel 216 if you have directv notnsure about the others.

#48 blakecouey

blakecouey

Red94 Chief of Police

• Moderators
          • 1,564 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 08:54 PM

Yeah I have Suddenlink...Sadly I don't have access to NBAtv through them, Im stuck online if I want to watch.

#49 Sir Thursday

Sir Thursday

• Members
            • PipPipPipPipPip
            • 1,182 posts
            • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 13 July 2012 - 10:43 PM

First quarter in the books. Standout has to be Motiejunas, who's looked really good so far. Active on the boards and running the floor, I like what I see. Plus, 3 point range! :)

Lamb had a great block and showed some nice moves on offense. Terrence Jones had some good stuff too. Wasn't particularly impressed by White or Fortson.

ST

#50 Sir Thursday

Sir Thursday

• Members
            • PipPipPipPipPip
            • 1,182 posts
            • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 13 July 2012 - 11:09 PM

At the half, we're up 41-40. Chandler Parsons played well in the second, and acquired a new nickname from McHale and Webber in the commentary. He shall now forever be known as the 'Mad Chicken', in tribute to his hairstyle. More good stuff from Lamb too, he's been VERY impressive.

Machado looked slightly more in control than Fortson, but still had a couple of bad turnovers. Neither of the PGs look great so far, unfortunately.

ST

#51 Johnny Rocket

Johnny Rocket

• Members
            • PipPipPip
            • 214 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 12:08 AM

What's really impressive about D-Mo is how well he moves--very quick and agile for a big guy, good shooting touch. But also strong, and a little bit mean--he looks a little scary out there. Man, him and D. Howard together--that would be something.

#52 Sir Thursday

Sir Thursday

• Members
              • PipPipPipPipPip
              • 1,182 posts
              • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 14 July 2012 - 12:12 AM

Really good 4th quarter from the Rockets there. They put a lineup of Machado, Lamb, Morris, Jones and Smith, and they all started to play well. Machado was still a little wild, but he played a lot better with this unit and had some nice drives and dishes. Morris also looked better in the 4th quarter. Had some more confidence about his game, although that was helped slightly by the matador defence Toronto were playing.

Overall, Motiejunas was the star. 11-13 shooting, 2-2 from 3pts and another 2pointer where his foot was on the line. I loved the way he ran the floor with energy, and he also looked pretty alert and aware on defence. Saw a couple of plays where he hedged quite smartly when it looked like the guard had been beaten. Chris Webber was effusive in his praise, and rightly so. Hope he can keep it up, because if so we've got a great player on our hands.

ST

#53 Johnny Rocket

Johnny Rocket

• Members
              • PipPipPip
              • 214 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 12:25 AM

Totally agree with the good Sir Thursday. Matiejunas looks like a star.

#54 Jeby

Jeby

• Members
                • PipPipPip
                • 208 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 01:10 AM

Phone rings...
                  Daryl Morey: "Hello, this is Daryl."
                  Rob Hennigan: "Daryl! Hey, It's Rob!"
                  DM: "Oh hey, yeah, have you thought about our offer for Dwight?"
                  RH: "Well, we were going over some numbers...How about Howard for Motiejunas?"
                  DM: "Whoa! Are you serious?"
                  RH: "Yeah! You on board?"
                  DM: "You really really want him?"
                  RH: "I've already drawn up the paperwork."
                  DM: "You really really really want him?"
                  RH: "YES!!!"
                  DM: *click*

(Hyperbole is fun)
                  "Assets" -- Daryl Morey

#55 Voecklen

Voecklen

• Members
                  • Pip
                  • 26 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 01:15 AM

What is incredibly depressing to me now is that Houston actually had the pieces to a great team this year totally under their control. Motie is exactly the player I thought he would be. Imagine Dragic, Lamb, Parsons, Motie and any decent center. (Camby would have stayed if they had signed Dragic.) That team would have made some noise and been a legitimate contender in the future. So sad. Instead, Morey chases his white whale. How can a person smart enough to put these pieces together not be smart enough to realize what he had.

#56 Sir Thursday

Sir Thursday

• Members
                    • PipPipPipPipPip
                    • 1,182 posts
                    • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 14 July 2012 - 01:40 AM

What is incredibly depressing to me now is that Houston actually had the pieces to a great team this year totally under their control. Motie is exactly the player I thought he would be. Imagine Dragic, Lamb, Parsons, Motie and any decent center. (Camby would have stayed if they had signed Dragic.) That team would have made some noise and been a legitimate contender in the future. So sad. Instead, Morey chases his white whale. How can a person smart enough to put these pieces together not be smart enough to realize what he had.

You don't think a team without some of these guys but with Howard won't also be a legitimate contender? No matter what ESPN says, we won't be giving up everyone for Howard, just a subset. If we have to give up all three draft choices this year but keep Parsons, that's fine by me. No matter what you think of Howard's off court drama, on the court he's still the best centre in basketball and will enhance this team considerably. And even if we have to take on a few bad contracts, I think we'll keep enough of the young players to give everyone their fix of 'potential'.

ST

#57 Jeby

Jeby

• Members
                    • PipPipPip
                    • 208 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 02:08 AM

What is incredibly depressing to me now is that Houston actually had the pieces to a great team this year totally under their control. Motie is exactly the player I thought he would be.

I like D-Mo a lot too (see above post), but seriously, I don't think any of the guys on our roster have a ceiling as high as what Dwight Howard is now. Put it this way, Motiejunas looks like the most promising prospect on the team. It would take a few years of development for him to be as productive as Howard is now on offense, and even if he reaches his fullest potential on defense, he would still only be about half as good at that end as Dwight.
                      That said, I hope they keep D-Mo. I think he will reach his highest potential next to a defensive guy like Howard. And I think Howard would like playing next to a PF who could carry the load on offense.
                      "Assets" -- Daryl Morey

#58 Voecklen

Voecklen

• Members
                      • Pip
                      • 26 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 02:20 AM

Truly, no I do not. There are several reasons. I'll start first with Dragic as I ABSOLUTELY hate Dwight Howard.

Dragic is the first reason. He won't be back. Others may say, "no big deal" but I think he will be a borderline star/star someday in this league. Many players come into the league and their potential, high or low, shines through immediately. A few take more time. I think Dragic is one of these few. Perhaps it's because he's a Euro. Not sure why but his stats and his progression indicates to me his best years are ahead. Beyond that, I saw how the team responded to him last year. I believe he will be an excellent leader and,given his age, would have blended perfectly with this group. Some will say that he left on his own but reports said he gave the Rockets a chance to match and they declined. Huge mistake.

On to Howard. I just typed a long reply but deleted it. Simple answer. He's a narcissist and you can't deal with them. LITERALLY. Never deal with these people. Run, don't walk away from them. He's a classic. What you call off court drama ALWAYS follows people like this. It pervades their life and everything in it. I love basketball as it's a team game and someone like this destroys any concept of team. Sadly, many people try to deal with these people thinking things will work out. Don't.

There is more to it than just that but that's enough for now. This is so sad.

#59 Voecklen

Voecklen

• Members
                        • Pip
                        • 26 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 02:24 AM

The above post was to Sir Thursday.

#60 blakecouey

blakecouey

Red94 Chief of Police

• Moderators
                          • 1,564 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 02:28 AM

Let's all remember this is SUMMER LEAGUE. These guys aren't playing against all-stars, and though a few looked GREAT, they will likely step back a bit when they're up against vets. It has also only been one game, against Toronto nonetheless, and there is a lot more to prove before I'm convinced we have all-stars or anything truly special.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users