Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Mario Peña : (10 October 2015 - 01:12 PM) If your part if the Red94 Fantasy Basketball League check the thread to vote for the date and time for the draft event. Thanks y'all!
@  jorgeaam : (07 October 2015 - 08:47 PM) Guys we need 1 more owner for the Red94 fantasy league, if interested please comment on the post in the fantasy basketball thread
@  slick shoes : (07 October 2015 - 06:50 PM) Kobe ranked one spot higher than Ariza? Is this based on legacy or...??
@  slick shoes : (07 October 2015 - 04:13 PM) It was hard to keep up with both the Astros and Rockets at the same time. Should be interesting on Thursday with the Texans and Astros on simultaneously.
@  Mario Peña : (07 October 2015 - 04:09 PM) It was fun to have the Rockets on last night! Right now I'm watching the Celtics versus Milan and Alessandro Gentile is impressive.
@  jorgeaam : (06 October 2015 - 07:47 PM) Well, thinking twice about it, I'd rather have him score less and have the team as a whole do better. Lawson should take a lot of his load off
@  jorgeaam : (06 October 2015 - 07:47 PM) Loving that, hope he hits 30 PPG this year
@  thejohnnygold : (06 October 2015 - 06:15 PM) Someone is feeling confident :) : LINK
@  jorgeaam : (06 October 2015 - 05:54 PM) 10 Teams done, will need 2 more
@  Mario Peña : (06 October 2015 - 02:35 PM) Alright guys, if anyone is interested in joining the Red94 fantasy basketball league we could use one more player to get us to 10 teams (or three to get us to 12 teams). Just check the thread in the Fantasy Basketball forum. Thanks!
@  thejohnnygold : (05 October 2015 - 06:23 PM) I use leaguepass here in Austin with no problems...
@  skip 2 my lou : (05 October 2015 - 03:14 PM) Hey fellas, I'm a rocket fan but I live in the heart of Dallas. Does anybody know if I buy NBA Leaguepass if it's too close to be subject to blackouts?
@  Losthief : (02 October 2015 - 02:24 AM) tks jg
@  thejohnnygold : (29 September 2015 - 05:16 AM) FYI, it was media day today. Interviews are up at NBA.com
@  slick shoes : (23 September 2015 - 06:37 PM) kind of late in the day but NBATV is broadcasting classis Rockets games all day today.
@  SadLakerFan : (16 September 2015 - 04:37 AM) Man, as a Laker fan, I'm learning how little you care about the off season when your team sucks. Anyway, a quick moment to remember Moses. Still remember watching the 81 team as a kid - losing record, NBA Finals. I would have cried w/joy if they could have beaten the Celtics.
@  jorgeaam : (15 September 2015 - 08:30 PM) http://bleacherrepor...ist-after-crash
@  jorgeaam : (15 September 2015 - 08:30 PM) So to celebrate his new contract, Montrezl Harrell saved someone's life on monday
@  thejohnnygold : (14 September 2015 - 04:36 PM) A good article from Blinebury talking about when Hakeem and Moses used to play in the park. LINK
@  rockets best... : (14 September 2015 - 02:29 AM) I agree totally. I got to watch his Rocket days and the man was a hell of a player. BIG MO R.I.P.

Photo

Summer League 2012

• Please log in to reply
118 replies to this topic

#21 Rahat Huq

Rahat Huq

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,547 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 02:57 AM

^Thanks, just fixed it.

#22 Rahat Huq

Rahat Huq

Administrator

• Administrators
    • 1,547 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 03:14 AM

Ok, I just looked over you guys' suggestions. Thanks! I will be sure to ask these things tomorrow. It's at 11:30 tomorrow so if you all think of anything else between now and then, don't be bashful.

#23 Stephen

Stephen

• Members
      • PipPipPip
      • 338 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 03:38 AM

Too late,but have the Rockets talked to Parsons about playing the SG position?
        From the interview he seems like he's ready to take a bigger part of the offense.

#24 Cooper

Cooper

• Members
        • PipPipPipPipPip
        • 1,290 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 03:44 AM

Too late,but have the Rockets talked to Parsons about playing the SG position?
          From the interview he seems like he's ready to take a bigger part of the offense.

Parsons has no business playing the 2 with lamb and Martin there.

#25 Stephen

Stephen

• Members
          • PipPipPip
          • 338 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 04:05 AM

Cooper,
            You actually believe Martin is going to make it the start of the season on the team? I don't.

Assuming there isn't a trade or signing bringing in a SG,it would be a way to alleviate the glut at SF.
            Esp if the team is seriously considering Brooks(please no!).
            Start something like Brooks(or whoever),Parsons,Jones and you've got plenty of height-and rebounding-out of the wings to make up for lack of height among bigs. Have a second unit of w/Livingston setting up Lamb,while he gains weight and adjusts to NBA,Morris,White and Motie.

#26 Rahat Huq

Rahat Huq

Administrator

• Administrators
            • 1,547 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 04:09 AM

Stephen - Interesting question. But out of curiosity, what purpose would it serve? Aren't the 2 and 3 essentially the same position?

#27 Steven

Steven

Veteran

• Members
              • PipPipPipPipPipPip
              • 2,008 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 04:12 AM

Yes. There are only 3 positions in the NBA now. PG wings and bigs. That's it. Plus Parson is gonna guard the other teams best perimeter offensive player. So who plays with him would be based on matchups.

#28 amacbrooks12

amacbrooks12

• Members
                • PipPipPip
                • 161 posts
                • LocationBronx, New York

Posted 09 July 2012 - 04:14 AM

I really hope we can sign a good decent point guard , and I hope its Aaron Brooks because at this point there is no other point guard available thats better than him . ( Ramon Sessions , Raymond Felton )

Btw when we get our starting PG , I really hope we let Royce White be the backup 1 because he would be a nightmare matchup to other point guards with his size . However , its no secret that Royce White is a SF so he wont get any kind of minutes at that position with Chandler Parsons and Marcus Morris there . Same for Terrence Jones , I cant picture him getting decent minutes when we have Scola , Patterson , and D-mo at the 4 . Its sad to say , but I dont see neither white or jones getting that many minutes this up coming season and they both could end up having the same kind of season marcus morris had . ( Unless they let White run pg )

#29 Mario Peña

Mario Peña

Officer

• Moderators
                • 2,303 posts
                • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 09 July 2012 - 04:17 AM

Start something like Brooks(or whoever),Parsons,Jones and you've got plenty of height-and rebounding-out of the wings to make up for lack of height among bigs. Have a second unit of w/Livingston setting up Lamb,while he gains weight and adjusts to NBA,Morris,White and Motie.

SteinyMo just tweeted this:

ESPNSteinLine Marc Stein
                Word is Rockets coach Kevin McHale had an evening visit on this Sunday with a former Rocket traded before McHale got there: Aaron Brooks...
                How sweet it is!

#30 amacbrooks12

amacbrooks12

• Members
                • PipPipPip
                • 161 posts
                • LocationBronx, New York

Posted 09 July 2012 - 04:25 AM

I would love this lineup , should defitnetly get us a top 5 pick in next years' draft :

PG : Aaron Brooks / Scott Machado
                SG : Jeremy Lamb / Marcus Morris
                SF : Chandler Parsons / Royce White
                PF : Patrick Patterson / Terrence Jones / D-Mo
                C : Omir Asik / Gregory Smith

If we want Royce White to get minutes they better move Marcus Morris as a backup 2 or move White as a backup 1 ( I rather move morris to the 2 ) . Anyways , what you guys think about that team ? You guys think they could be pretty bad enough to get us a top 5 pick ?

#31 Jeby

Jeby

• Members
                • PipPipPip
                • 208 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 04:28 AM

@amacbrooks
                  I wouldn't automatically slot D-Mo at the 4. While his size is an advantage at that spot, I've heard quite a bit in some interviews with Rox coaches about how much they like his speed, which would be an advantage at the 5.
                  @Rahat
                  I heard you with the "chip on your shoulder" question for Morris. I'm sure you had that loaded and ready before my comment, but I'm taking full credit nonetheless. By the way, he sounds way more confident than he did one year ago.
                  "Assets" -- Daryl Morey

#32 Cooper

Cooper

• Members
                  • PipPipPipPipPip
                  • 1,290 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 04:33 AM

Cooper,
                    You actually believe Martin is going to make it the start of the season on the team? I don't.

Assuming there isn't a trade or signing bringing in a SG,it would be a way to alleviate the glut at SF.

I think Martin will be here until the deadline and even if we trade him now we would get back or sign another sg, playing parsons at the 2 doesn't really help anything and could stunt parsons growth but I guess it isn't a big deal either way, I was mainly saying they will want to play lamb and Martin at the 2 to develop lamb and try and show Martin has some value still.

#33 Cooper

Cooper

• Members
                    • PipPipPipPipPip
                    • 1,290 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 04:38 AM

I would love this lineup , should defitnetly get us a top 5 pick in next years' draft :

If we want Royce White to get minutes they better move Marcus Morris as a backup 2 or move White as a backup 1 ( I rather move morris to the 2 ) . Anyways , what you guys think about that team ? You guys think they could be pretty bad enough to get us a top 5 pick ?

To me adding aaron brooks almost keeps us a little too competitive, If we are really tanking play machado and forston, but that lineup would still be pretty bad If lamb can't score well right away becuase no one else really gets their own shot.

#34 Jeby

Jeby

• Members
                      • PipPipPip
                      • 208 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 04:40 AM

I think Martin will be here until the deadline and even if we trade him now we would get back or sign another sg, playing parsons at the 2 doesn't really help anything and could stunt parsons growth but I guess it isn't a big deal either way, I was mainly saying they will want to play lamb and Martin at the 2 to develop lamb and try and show Martin has some value still.

Agree 100%. Scola needs to go so some guys can develop, but Martin's trade value is at an all-time low coming off that shoulder injury. Personally I'd like to see him stay as the token veteran guy. But if they are going to trade him, wait til he's producing.
                        "Assets" -- Daryl Morey

#35 Johnny Rocket

Johnny Rocket

• Members
                        • PipPipPip
                        • 214 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 04:50 AM

Rahat--is there any talk of any of the non-roster invitees having a real chance of making the team? One name that caught my attention is Scott Machado, who actually led the nation in assists last year (for info, see http://nbadraft.net/...s/scott-machado). He supposedly lacks quickness, but has great basketball instincts. Hard to know what to make of these guys, but somewhere out there is the next Lin...

#36 Ostrow

Ostrow

Officer

• Members
                          • PipPipPip
                          • 437 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 04:53 AM

If Morris plays at the two this year we are trying to have one of the worst records in the league.

#37 Rahat Huq

Rahat Huq

Administrator

• Administrators
                            • 1,547 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 12:32 AM

New post: http://www.red94.net...amp-day-2/9817/

I tried to get to as many of you all's questions as I could.

#38 blakecouey

blakecouey

Red94 Chief of Police

• Moderators
                              • 1,564 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 03:42 AM

So has anyone been keeping up with our practices and scrimmages? I heard White had a great block-rebound-full court drive to a lay up and 1 today during the scrimmage. How are the rookies doing?

#39 Ostrow

Ostrow

Officer

• Members
                                • PipPipPip
                                • 437 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 05:46 AM

So has anyone been keeping up with our practices and scrimmages? I heard White had a great block-rebound-full court drive to a lay up and 1 today during the scrimmage. How are the rookies doing?

That video is is all over Twitter I believe.

#40 blakecouey

blakecouey

Red94 Chief of Police

• Moderators
                                  • 1,564 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 11:26 AM

What about Jones amd Lamb? They doing anything special? Machado?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users