Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  majik19 : (21 November 2015 - 02:31 AM) our team is just embarassing
@  cointurtlemoose : (19 November 2015 - 07:11 AM) That was the most Corey Brewer thing I have ever seen
@  majik19 : (19 November 2015 - 04:20 AM) how the hell did that happen? maybe just switching from McHale to JB will change our bad luck...
@  Willk : (19 November 2015 - 03:58 AM) in my face
@  bboley24 : (19 November 2015 - 03:55 AM) So that just happened
@  Cooper : (19 November 2015 - 03:53 AM) got the win
@  Willk : (19 November 2015 - 02:06 AM) fire McHale! playing like crap again
@  SadLakerFan : (18 November 2015 - 06:21 PM) It's unfair, but it's the right move because it's the only move major move they had available to them. But, it seems just a tad premature - I wonder what was really said in the player meeting.
@  majik19 : (18 November 2015 - 06:03 PM) So much for building off continuity now that the core is in place... It's probably about time for another "Morey's Plan" article from Rahat.
@  txtdo1411 : (18 November 2015 - 05:26 PM) No problem. He definitely made it clear that changes will continue to be made until we are winning again.
@  cointurtlemoose : (18 November 2015 - 05:19 PM) Thanks for the link, txtdo; good words from Morey, I thought
@  cointurtlemoose : (18 November 2015 - 05:14 PM) Wow, I expected this 6 or 7 games from now if things didn't change... This seems a tad early. And they better have a replacement actually in mind and ready to hire, otherwise this seems like a misguided move
@  txtdo1411 : (18 November 2015 - 05:13 PM) Its going on right now.
@  txtdo1411 : (18 November 2015 - 05:13 PM) http://api.viglink.c...9&title=Rockets Press Conference 11am - ClutchFans&txt=http://www.khou.com/videos/news/loca...7/29/12651418/
@  slick shoes : (18 November 2015 - 05:12 PM) Anyone know where to listen in to the DM press conference?
@  DenverRocket : (18 November 2015 - 04:50 PM) Shocked too, but then again not. Something had to give. I can't see JB being given the reins f/t. Surely they have a contingency? Thibs?
@  txtdo1411 : (18 November 2015 - 04:48 PM) I wonder if the plan is to find a replacement fairly quickly, or to give JB a shot. I'm trying to understand how things would change, since JB has been in the locker room all year. The players are going to give him effort now just because McHale is gone?
@  majik19 : (18 November 2015 - 04:22 PM) just shocked. I feel like this is now a lost season. We were struggling under McHale, but do we really think J.B. can lead us to a championship?
@  thenit : (18 November 2015 - 04:19 PM) Its becoming a winner or becoming Melo, great scorer but not coachable
@  Mario Peña : (18 November 2015 - 04:14 PM) I'm disappointed in the players too. Here is Harden's chance, win a championship or get relegated to being considered a guy that can't get on the same page with a coach.

Photo

*Updated 7/10*[ESPN/Yahoo] Continued Dwight Howard Talks?

• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

#61 Steven

Steven

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,008 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 08:37 PM

The goal is to get Howard. Then you trade him to LA for Bynum. This gets us someone who wants to stay in Houston. But in order to get Bynum we need Howard.

#62 Matt Maloney's Ghost

Matt Maloney's Ghost

Rookie

• Members
    • PipPip
    • 57 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 09:58 PM

I like it. I like it a lot.

If you are ORL, would you want Bynum who does not want to sign a long term deal, or three first round picks amd two second round picks?

Take the draft picks.

#63 slick shoes

slick shoes

• Members
      • PipPipPip
      • 406 posts
      • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 10 July 2012 - 10:36 PM

The goal is to get Howard. Then you trade him to LA for Bynum. This gets us someone who wants to stay in Houston. But in order to get Bynum we need Howard.

I second this. I don't necessarily want DH, Kobe, and Nash together in the same conference as me, but IF we did land Howard and started building around having a big man like that, the table would be pretty much set once Bynum arrived. Does Houston's reputation with their players and Bynum's attitude repel quality players away even more though? Or does Bynum's potential supersede all of that?
      trickin' six digits on kicks and still holdin'.

#64 sircharles

sircharles

• Members
      • PipPipPip
      • 283 posts
      • LocationAustin Tx

Posted 10 July 2012 - 11:10 PM

I'm on my phone so I can't post a link but hoopsworld has reported that the rockets, magic and Lakers are discussing a deal that would send howard to lakers, bynum to rockets and draft picks, couple young players, cap relief to the magic

#65 blakecouey

blakecouey

Red94 Chief of Police

• Moderators
      • 1,587 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 11:43 PM

Heres that link from ESPN discussing the same thing sircharles is referring to-

http://espn.go.com/n...des-source-says

#66 JarredAllen

JarredAllen

• Members
        • PipPipPip
        • 148 posts
        • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 10 July 2012 - 11:44 PM

http://www.hoopsworl...gic-make-a-deal

#67 Steven

Steven

Veteran

• Members
        • PipPipPipPipPipPip
        • 2,008 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 02:59 AM

Next time I'll keep my insider information to myself. ;)

#68 Mario Peña

Mario Peña

Officer

• Moderators
          • 2,321 posts
          • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 11 July 2012 - 04:57 AM

Mark Stein just said "I think the Rockets are going to get Howard or Bynum..." when asked by Freddy Coleman where Howard will end up on ESPN 97.5's Sportscenter Tonight.
          How sweet it is!

#69 Ostrow

Ostrow

Officer

• Members
          • PipPipPip
          • 437 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 05:48 AM

Mark Stein just said "I think the Rockets are going to get Howard or Bynum..." when asked by Freddy Coleman where Howard will end up on ESPN 97.5's Sportscenter Tonight.

If that happens we would have to say that Morey is a great GM don't we?

#70 tombrokeoff

tombrokeoff

Advanced Member

• Members
            • PipPipPipPip
            • 594 posts
            • LocationHouston

Posted 11 July 2012 - 05:49 AM

hey guys ive been watching twitter and havent had a chance to read much in here, but heres my question (not sure if this has been discussed):

Seeing that it looks like the Nets are giving Lopez a max contract (meaning they cant trade him for a few months, right?) ... if Morey can land Howard, does this not essentially eliminate any chance the Nets really have of signing Howard as a free agent next summer? Barring some kind of crazy trade they'd have to make to shed salary.

#71 sircharles

sircharles

• Members
            • PipPipPip
            • 283 posts
            • LocationAustin Tx

Posted 11 July 2012 - 05:59 AM

hey guys ive been watching twitter and havent had a chance to read much in here, but heres my question (not sure if this has been discussed):

Seeing that it looks like the Nets are giving Lopez a max contract (meaning they cant trade him for a few months, right?) ... if Morey can land Howard, does this not essentially eliminate any chance the Nets really have of signing Howard as a free agent next summer? Barring some kind of crazy trade they'd have to make to shed salary.

correct, the only way they would be able to acquire howard is through sign and trade.

#72 tombrokeoff

tombrokeoff

Advanced Member

• Members
            • PipPipPipPip
            • 594 posts
            • LocationHouston

Posted 11 July 2012 - 06:03 AM

correct, the only way they would be able to acquire howard is through sign and trade.

i think the nets felt the pressure of the clock and gave lopez the offer and i think helped us immensely. i could be way off, but thats what im hoping for.

#73 Ostrow

Ostrow

Officer

• Members
            • PipPipPip
            • 437 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 06:03 AM

Lopez could be traded as long as they aren't matching a contract. If they are matching an offer sheet he can't be traded until Dec 15 I believe. The Nets could not offer him a deal but that doesn't mean another team couldn't sign him or we could deal Howard to the Nets or anyone else because he gets more money with whoever he ends up getting traded to.

#74 tombrokeoff

tombrokeoff

Advanced Member

• Members
              • PipPipPipPip
              • 594 posts
              • LocationHouston

Posted 11 July 2012 - 06:06 AM

Lopez could be traded as long as they aren't matching a contract. If they are matching an offer sheet he can't be traded until Dec 15 I believe. The Nets could not offer him a deal but that doesn't mean another team couldn't sign him or we could deal Howard to the Nets or anyone else because he gets more money with whoever he ends up getting traded to.

so the lopez offer with the nets doesnt rule them out of the howard sweepstakes in the immediate picture?

#75 Ostrow

Ostrow

Officer

• Members
              • PipPipPip
              • 437 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 06:11 AM

They would need to sign him in order to trade for Howard. Although there may have to wait until Dec 15 if they don't do it within the first 2 days believe.

#76 tombrokeoff

tombrokeoff

Advanced Member

• Members
                • PipPipPipPip
                • 594 posts
                • LocationHouston

Posted 11 July 2012 - 06:13 AM

They would need to sign him in order to trade for Howard. Although there may have to wait until Dec 15 if they don't do it within the first 2 days believe.

i understand that, but i thought the offer they gave him was different than a typical sign and trade offer. i thought the intention had to be laid out while it was offered/signed.

#77 tombrokeoff

tombrokeoff

Advanced Member

• Members
                • PipPipPipPip
                • 594 posts
                • LocationHouston

Posted 11 July 2012 - 06:14 AM

oh well...its late (i need to crash). im just trying to keep some kind of hope alive for something big that isnt a rental.

#78 Ostrow

Ostrow

Officer

• Members
                • PipPipPip
                • 437 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 06:32 AM

Even if we rent Howard I think we would be able to sign and trade him at the very least for Brook Lopez which would be an upgrade over our current roster even if he isn't a superstar.

#79 6ft.

6ft.

• Members
                  • Pip
                  • 28 posts
                  • LocationLincoln, Nebraska

Posted 11 July 2012 - 07:18 AM

the value of dwight howard is why we should still try and get him instead of bynum. If dwight gets traded to the rockets, hates houston and would not re-sign, a playoff contender give up a shit ton to get him at trade deadline next year. It's not like you need a guy like dwight around for a full season to get him into your teams groove. The guy is good at being an absolute beast, boards/d/dunks. I could see a young team like philadelphia coming up with enough to make the trade go down, or pacers (hibbert + george hill+picks), or even the bulls(noah and/or deng + their future charlotte bobcats pick). send him to the eastern conference, we would only have to see him twice a year.

Plus if the lakers struggle next season, by trade deadline they would be more likely to give up bynum + gasol for dwight than they would now. mitch kupchcak would be trying to save his neck and trading for dwight howard, one of the biggest names in the nba would probably let him keep his job.

all hypothetical, but getting dwight, i think, would open more doors

#80 sircharles

sircharles

• Members
                  • PipPipPip
                  • 283 posts
                  • LocationAustin Tx

Posted 11 July 2012 - 07:32 AM

I think bynum is the right player for Houston. He is a lot more likely to re-sign with us than howard, he is still only 25 and gets better every year. Sure, he may have some immaturity issues but he will get over it with time I'm sure, ill take that any day over Dwight howard, the Dude is one of the biggest bitches in the league. Bynum would still attract just as many players to Houston as howard would have.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users