Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  majik19 : (13 October 2015 - 09:09 PM) Apparently we claimed Arsalan Kazemi off waivers from the Hawks today... yet another undersized (6'7") power forward for Morey's cupboard.
@  Mario Peña : (10 October 2015 - 01:12 PM) If your part if the Red94 Fantasy Basketball League check the thread to vote for the date and time for the draft event. Thanks y'all!
@  jorgeaam : (07 October 2015 - 08:47 PM) Guys we need 1 more owner for the Red94 fantasy league, if interested please comment on the post in the fantasy basketball thread
@  slick shoes : (07 October 2015 - 06:50 PM) Kobe ranked one spot higher than Ariza? Is this based on legacy or...??
@  slick shoes : (07 October 2015 - 04:13 PM) It was hard to keep up with both the Astros and Rockets at the same time. Should be interesting on Thursday with the Texans and Astros on simultaneously.
@  Mario Peña : (07 October 2015 - 04:09 PM) It was fun to have the Rockets on last night! Right now I'm watching the Celtics versus Milan and Alessandro Gentile is impressive.
@  jorgeaam : (06 October 2015 - 07:47 PM) Well, thinking twice about it, I'd rather have him score less and have the team as a whole do better. Lawson should take a lot of his load off
@  jorgeaam : (06 October 2015 - 07:47 PM) Loving that, hope he hits 30 PPG this year
@  thejohnnygold : (06 October 2015 - 06:15 PM) Someone is feeling confident :) : LINK
@  jorgeaam : (06 October 2015 - 05:54 PM) 10 Teams done, will need 2 more
@  Mario Peña : (06 October 2015 - 02:35 PM) Alright guys, if anyone is interested in joining the Red94 fantasy basketball league we could use one more player to get us to 10 teams (or three to get us to 12 teams). Just check the thread in the Fantasy Basketball forum. Thanks!
@  thejohnnygold : (05 October 2015 - 06:23 PM) I use leaguepass here in Austin with no problems...
@  skip 2 my lou : (05 October 2015 - 03:14 PM) Hey fellas, I'm a rocket fan but I live in the heart of Dallas. Does anybody know if I buy NBA Leaguepass if it's too close to be subject to blackouts?
@  Losthief : (02 October 2015 - 02:24 AM) tks jg
@  thejohnnygold : (29 September 2015 - 05:16 AM) FYI, it was media day today. Interviews are up at NBA.com
@  slick shoes : (23 September 2015 - 06:37 PM) kind of late in the day but NBATV is broadcasting classis Rockets games all day today.
@  SadLakerFan : (16 September 2015 - 04:37 AM) Man, as a Laker fan, I'm learning how little you care about the off season when your team sucks. Anyway, a quick moment to remember Moses. Still remember watching the 81 team as a kid - losing record, NBA Finals. I would have cried w/joy if they could have beaten the Celtics.
@  jorgeaam : (15 September 2015 - 08:30 PM) http://bleacherrepor...ist-after-crash
@  jorgeaam : (15 September 2015 - 08:30 PM) So to celebrate his new contract, Montrezl Harrell saved someone's life on monday
@  thejohnnygold : (14 September 2015 - 04:36 PM) A good article from Blinebury talking about when Hakeem and Moses used to play in the park. LINK

Photo

*Updated 7/10*[ESPN/Yahoo] Continued Dwight Howard Talks?

• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

#21 Rahat Huq

Rahat Huq

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,547 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 09:08 PM

I'm not even sure where else but Houston that Dwight could end up, now. New Jersey is taking themselves out of it with these moves and has nothing to offer to begin with, Portland just signed Hibbert to an offer sheet, and Dallas never had anything to begin with. Unless the LAL suddenly offer Bynum, I just don't know what other direction Orlando could go in. And I'd have to think Morey is offering much less now than he was at the draft.

#22 blakecouey

blakecouey

Red94 Chief of Police

• Moderators
    • 1,567 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 09:12 PM

This morning rumors were that the GSW were trying to make a deal-and weren't backing down from the "ill only resign with the ???(Nets)" comments. I don't know what they'd conceivably offer that the Magic would be interested in, they're adamant on keeping certain pieces that I'd assume Hennigan would want.

#23 Lyfestyle

Lyfestyle

• Members
      • PipPipPip
      • 182 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 09:13 PM

I can't believe New Jersey took on that Joe Johnson contract (assuming these reports are true). With him, D-Will and Wallace, I'm not sure where the $$ comes from to pay Dwight next summer.

#24 blakecouey

blakecouey

Red94 Chief of Police

• Moderators
        • 1,567 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 09:26 PM

They can't get Dwight next summer, just isnt enough money. I guess theoretically if they can get the Magic(or whoever has him) to take back Wallace and all their other pieces, or Johnson and most other pieces for a sign and trade, but that seems unlikely.

#25 Lyfestyle

Lyfestyle

• Members
          • PipPipPip
          • 182 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 09:40 PM

I love any move that makes Dwight Howard look even more stupid. This Joe Johnson deal does that. I love it.

#26 blakecouey

blakecouey

Red94 Chief of Police

• Moderators
            • 1,567 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 09:52 PM

It's in his best interest to be moved, stay quiet, play hard, and wait for next offseason. I just don't think he will realize that.

#27 Dan G

Dan G

• Members
              • PipPipPip
              • 247 posts
              • LocationEast Texas

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:26 PM

Well the draft didn't line up in our favor but free agency and trades around the league are starting to favor the Rockets' agenda. With the Nets trading for J.J., that definitely puts them out of the Howard sweepstakes. After them, who is is left that can even offer a decent package for Howard? All I see are maybe the Warriors, the Lakers if they offer Bynum and then us. Also, with Atlanta trading J.J. and more than likely going into rebuild mode, Josh Smith is looking more and more like another possibility as well even if the Howard situation doesn't pan out.

:lol: All in the game, yo, :D all in the game :lol:!

#28 Ostrow

Ostrow

Officer

• Members
              • PipPipPip
              • 437 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:45 PM

ATL could offer Horford and some cap relief probably

#29 Jeby

Jeby

• Members
                • PipPipPip
                • 208 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 12:15 AM

I'm not sure if I'd rather have a "Happy-to-be-here-without-iso-Joe-hogging-the-ball" Josh Smith than a "I'm-mailing-this-whole-season-in-because-I-can't-play-where-want" Dwight Howard, but man, it's a close call.
                  "Assets" -- Daryl Morey

#30 blakecouey

blakecouey

Red94 Chief of Police

• Moderators
                  • 1,567 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 12:18 AM

ATL is definitely not in rebuild mode, if the Devin Harris deal is closed theyre in contention and proved they can do anything. Ridding their two worst contracts(one of which a "contract killer" I was told would never be traded) and pulling back a slew of young guys and expiring contracts, and the prize piece Devin Harris. Great offseason by the Hawks.

#31 Johnny Rocket

Johnny Rocket

• Members
                    • PipPipPip
                    • 214 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 02:22 AM

The Hawks are now our main competition for Howard. They could offer Horford and take on many of the bad contracts of Orlando. Hortford is probably a more valuable piece than anything singe player the Rockets could offer. But I'm not sure it ultimately works for either team. Horfford is a fine player, but he is minor star, not a super star, and not quite young enough or good enough to build a team around. As for Atlanta, a core of Howard, Smith, and Harris is strong (though I think Harris is really not that good), but they have absolutely nothing else other than the flotsam of NJ and Orlando. So Atlanta would be good, but nowhere near the Heat (and probably not as good as the Pacers or Celtics), and Orlando would have only a so-so foundation for future development. In the end, Houston can offer a better deal and still have players left over to make it worthwhile.

I completely disagree with those down on Howard. He's an immensely talented, somewhat immature young man--welcome to the NBA. The bottom line is that a lineup of Howard, Scola, Parsons, Lee, and Dragic--combined with an above-average bench anchored by Asik--will be the best defensive team in the NBA. And that defense will key a lot of easy buckets for Lee, Dragic, and Parsons. It will be a really good team, and it will be a great team if Parsons and Dragic continue to develop as we expect. Get it done Mr. Morely--this is your once-in-a-career chance of putting together a championship contender.

#32 JarredAllen

JarredAllen

• Members
                      • PipPipPip
                      • 148 posts
                      • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 03 July 2012 - 03:38 AM

I think it would be tough to have an Eight million dollar per year back up center, along with Dragic digging for over 10 Million per year and Lee soon to think he is worth 8 to 10 million per year as well. We will run out of cap space very quickly!

#33 blakecouey

blakecouey

Red94 Chief of Police

• Moderators
                      • 1,567 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 11:19 AM

The Dwight Howard saga may be over soon, reports of Nets talks for him have resumed. Current offer includes Popes, Humphries, Brooks, and 2013, 2015, 2017 1st round picks from Brooklyn.

http://www.rotoworld...l-headlines?r=1

When there is a better story or an accepted deal will post a better link.

#34 Sir Thursday

Sir Thursday

• Members
                        • PipPipPipPipPip
                        • 1,184 posts
                        • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 03 July 2012 - 02:34 PM

If they're including Brooks, that does seem like a decent haul for Orlando. It leaves the Nets' roster even more depleted than it was before though. Apart from Williams, Johnson, Wallace and Howard, they've got some Eastern European rookies, Tyshawn Taylor, and possibly Gerald Green if he resigns. Sending out so many first round picks distinctly limits their ability to improve the team as well, because they aren't going to have the cap room for free agents. All of the veteran ring-chasers have already been snapped up by Miami...

But yeah, I could see Orlando taking that deal. It sounds more appealing than what Houston can offer.

ST

#35 Mario Peña

Mario Peña

Officer

• Moderators
                        • 2,308 posts
                        • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 03 July 2012 - 02:37 PM

Will the Nets close the deal for Dwight? Will Brooklyn rival Miami for scariest bench on a contender ever? Will Prokorov laugh at the luxury tax when it kicks in and he is putting Howard, Williams and Johnson on the court? Will Bill Simmons write long columns about how there are too many competing Robins on the Nets to Dwight's Batman? Where does this leave our Dork Elvis?
                        How sweet it is!

#36 Guest_RedStewie_*

Guest_RedStewie_*
                        • Guests

Posted 03 July 2012 - 03:12 PM

Will the Nets close the deal for Dwight? Will Brooklyn rival Miami for scariest bench on a contender ever? Will Prokorov laugh at the luxury tax when it kicks in and he is putting Howard, Williams and Johnson on the court? Will Bill Simmons write long columns about how there are too many competing Robins on the Nets to Dwight's Batman? Where does this leave our Dork Elvis?

lol, too many possibilities. If Brooklyn really offered 3 first round picks + a lottery pick in Brook Lopez, Orlando would be foolish not to take it. Brooks is just icing on top

#37 Freebird

Freebird

• Members
                        • PipPipPip
                        • 236 posts
                        • LocationRaleigh, NC

Posted 03 July 2012 - 03:20 PM

Can't see the Nets doing that - depth WILL become an issue. Unless they recruit guys from Rucker Park to fill the holes.

How about this. D12, Turkoglu and Scola to the Lakers, Gasol and KMart and picks to the Magic, Bynum and Reddick to the Rox? I love the trade machine. :)

#38 Lyfestyle

Lyfestyle

• Members
                        • PipPipPip
                        • 182 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 03:29 PM

Can't see the Nets doing that - depth WILL become an issue.

There's no way "depth concerns" would ever keep the Nets from trading for Howard.

#39 blakecouey

blakecouey

Red94 Chief of Police

• Moderators
                          • 1,567 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 03:40 PM

It'd be just like the Heat, they'll have flocks of vets willing to play with them, if they can convince them to sign for the minimum they'll be fine.

By the way, reports are talks have stalled between nets and magic.

#40 Mario Peña

Mario Peña

Officer

• Moderators
                            • 2,308 posts
                            • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 03 July 2012 - 03:40 PM

Avery Johnson definitely would not worry about depth if he is starting Williams, Johnson, Wallace, Howard and some other guy.

Moving on from that there are rumours that Orlando made the most recent Nets offer public to get other teams to up their offers.
                            How sweet it is!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users