Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  cointurtlemoose : (21 November 2015 - 06:39 AM) McHale might not have been a great coach, but he definitely was NOT the problem with this team...
@  majik19 : (21 November 2015 - 02:31 AM) our team is just embarassing
@  cointurtlemoose : (19 November 2015 - 07:11 AM) That was the most Corey Brewer thing I have ever seen
@  majik19 : (19 November 2015 - 04:20 AM) how the hell did that happen? maybe just switching from McHale to JB will change our bad luck...
@  Willk : (19 November 2015 - 03:58 AM) in my face
@  bboley24 : (19 November 2015 - 03:55 AM) So that just happened
@  Cooper : (19 November 2015 - 03:53 AM) got the win
@  Willk : (19 November 2015 - 02:06 AM) fire McHale! playing like crap again
@  SadLakerFan : (18 November 2015 - 06:21 PM) It's unfair, but it's the right move because it's the only move major move they had available to them. But, it seems just a tad premature - I wonder what was really said in the player meeting.
@  majik19 : (18 November 2015 - 06:03 PM) So much for building off continuity now that the core is in place... It's probably about time for another "Morey's Plan" article from Rahat.
@  txtdo1411 : (18 November 2015 - 05:26 PM) No problem. He definitely made it clear that changes will continue to be made until we are winning again.
@  cointurtlemoose : (18 November 2015 - 05:19 PM) Thanks for the link, txtdo; good words from Morey, I thought
@  cointurtlemoose : (18 November 2015 - 05:14 PM) Wow, I expected this 6 or 7 games from now if things didn't change... This seems a tad early. And they better have a replacement actually in mind and ready to hire, otherwise this seems like a misguided move
@  txtdo1411 : (18 November 2015 - 05:13 PM) Its going on right now.
@  txtdo1411 : (18 November 2015 - 05:13 PM) http://api.viglink.c...9&title=Rockets Press Conference 11am - ClutchFans&txt=http://www.khou.com/videos/news/loca...7/29/12651418/
@  slick shoes : (18 November 2015 - 05:12 PM) Anyone know where to listen in to the DM press conference?
@  DenverRocket : (18 November 2015 - 04:50 PM) Shocked too, but then again not. Something had to give. I can't see JB being given the reins f/t. Surely they have a contingency? Thibs?
@  txtdo1411 : (18 November 2015 - 04:48 PM) I wonder if the plan is to find a replacement fairly quickly, or to give JB a shot. I'm trying to understand how things would change, since JB has been in the locker room all year. The players are going to give him effort now just because McHale is gone?
@  majik19 : (18 November 2015 - 04:22 PM) just shocked. I feel like this is now a lost season. We were struggling under McHale, but do we really think J.B. can lead us to a championship?
@  thenit : (18 November 2015 - 04:19 PM) Its becoming a winner or becoming Melo, great scorer but not coachable

Photo

[chron] Rockets more likely to pursue Eric Gordon than Deron Williams

• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

#61 Ostrow

Ostrow

Officer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 06:37 AM

It is possible that I am reading it wrong, however

#62 Guest_RedStewie_*

Guest_RedStewie_*
    • Guests

Posted 03 July 2012 - 06:38 AM

I'm also not saying Lopez would sign that contract, but if the Rockets were to really want Gordon and Gordon really wants the Rockets the way I'm reading that there is a way to get it done in a sign and trade

And what if NO doesn't wanna give him up, plus the rockets do not have the cap space for a max deal. Gordon turned down an extension for a max deal this summer, where would we find such cash. I doubt the rockets will even make him an offer

#63 Ostrow

Ostrow

Officer

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 437 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 06:42 AM

If they were to do a sign-and-trade NO would have to be willing to do it restricted or unrestricted. I'm not saying the Rockets get this done or that NO would be willing to. The only reason I think they would be willing to is if Gordon threatened to turn in to Dwight Howard and they decided they didn't want him anymore. AGAIN I am not saying this gets done, but if all three parties were interested it is possible. And if it was a s-and-t then Martin and Scola would be plenty to cover a max deal (no way NO would do THAT deal but just an example)

#64 Guest_RedStewie_*

Guest_RedStewie_*
      • Guests

Posted 03 July 2012 - 06:45 AM

Gordon is not a superstar, heck, he has never been an all star, not once.
      He has no pull at all, as in zero to start making demands and has only been in the league 4 seasons compared to Dwight

#65 Ostrow

Ostrow

Officer

• Members
      • PipPipPip
      • 437 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 06:45 AM

Unless Stern vetoed it for.... basketball reasons....

#66 Ostrow

Ostrow

Officer

• Members
        • PipPipPip
        • 437 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 06:46 AM

my only point was that you can sign and trade restricted free agents not that we are going to get Gordon in anyway

#67 Guest_RedStewie_*

Guest_RedStewie_*
          • Guests

Posted 03 July 2012 - 06:48 AM

my only point was that you can sign and trade restricted free agents not that we are going to get Gordon in anyway

unless they don't sign an offer sheet with another team. Meaning no other team makes an viable offer and they just take yours.

#68 Ostrow

Ostrow

Officer

• Members
          • PipPipPip
          • 437 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 06:51 AM

If a restricted FA wants to go to destination A and is trying to work out a trade with his original team why would he sign an offer sheet to destination B

#69 Guest_RedStewie_*

Guest_RedStewie_*
            • Guests

Posted 03 July 2012 - 06:57 AM

to make his original team pay him what he wanted.
            remember with morey trying to short change our player e.g landry, once they signed an offer sheet, he matched it

#70 Ostrow

Ostrow

Officer

• Members
            • PipPipPip
            • 437 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 06:59 AM

That is irrelevant to my my point. If he wants the original team to pay more than he doesn't want to go to free agent destination A

#71 Guest_RedStewie_*

Guest_RedStewie_*
              • Guests

Posted 03 July 2012 - 07:13 AM

if his original team doesn't offer him enough money, then he goes to free agency, so another team offers him the money he wants so that his original team has to pony up.

#72 Ostrow

Ostrow

Officer

• Members
              • PipPipPip
              • 437 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 07:16 AM

I understand that. Still has nothing to do with what I'm saying

#73 Guest_RedStewie_*

Guest_RedStewie_*
                • Guests

Posted 03 July 2012 - 07:19 AM

you asked me why a player would go to free agency if he wants his original team to pay him more. Free agency is how he can get more, and if he's restricted, his team will have to make a tough decision

#74 Ostrow

Ostrow

Officer

• Members
                • PipPipPip
                • 437 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 07:22 AM

That is not what I said. I said

If a restricted FA wants to go to destination A and is trying to work out a trade with his original team why would he sign an offer sheet to destination B

I'll use Gordon as an example. Don't take that to mean I think this happens.

Gordon wants to go to Hou. He talks to NO about a sign and trade. NO agree and they are able to work it out. Why would he sign an offer sheet with Phoenix in this situation?

#75 Guest_RedStewie_*

Guest_RedStewie_*
                  • Guests

Posted 03 July 2012 - 07:24 AM

Do you think the Bulls would have ever originally offered Asik the ridiculous contract we gave him to remain their backup.

Whatever offer Gordon gets is definitely going to be higher than the extension which he rejected last season. And NO will match it cos they have plenty of cap space and Gordon will mesh well with their young core cos he's young as well, plus if he leaves, then they lost CP3 for nothing. So t the end, he ends up back in NO, except he will be paid what he originally wanted

#76 Guest_RedStewie_*

Guest_RedStewie_*
                  • Guests

Posted 03 July 2012 - 07:27 AM

That is not what I said. I said

I'll use Gordon as an example. Don't take that to mean I think this happens.

Gordon wants to go to Hou. He talks to NO about a sign and trade. NO agree and they are able to work it out. Why would he sign an offer sheet with Phoenix in this situation?

But Gordon doesn't wanna go to Houston. According to him, he's not old where he wants a contender to be a factor in his decision. He wants to get paid.

But lets say theoretically he wants Houston, then he doesnt sign an offer with another team, but that would mean he wants the other team and has been in cohorts with his team from the get go. Lopez doesn't want Orlando, he faked several injuries during key trade discussions to avoid being included- but they still wanted to include him. You think he will all of a sudden wanna commit to a sign and trade

#77 Ostrow

Ostrow

Officer

• Members
                  • PipPipPip
                  • 437 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 07:29 AM

You still clearly have no idea what I am saying. All I said was that restricted free agents can be traded under specific circumstances. You are again taking my example and misusing it with my point. I did not say they were going to deal Gordon. I said they could.
                    I understand how restricted free agency works and how players use it to get more money. You clearly don't understand what I am saying and I can't explain it anymore clearly so I am closing this site and not coming back tonight.

#78 Guest_RedStewie_*

Guest_RedStewie_*
                    • Guests

Posted 03 July 2012 - 07:33 AM

You still clearly have no idea what I am saying. All I said was that restricted free agents can be traded under specific circumstances. You are again taking my example and misusing it with my point. I did not say they were going to deal Gordon. I said they could.
                    I understand how restricted free agency works and how players use it to get more money. You clearly don't understand what I am saying and I can't explain it anymore clearly so I am closing this site and not coming back tonight.

i don't think that was an issue, i answered you several posts ago that i didnt see such a provision in the cba saying an unrestricted free agent had to sign an offer sheet for the unrestricted status to kick in but that doesn't mean it wasn't implied. Right afterwards you replied with "It is possible that I am reading it wrong, however". I thought we already cleared that up

post #58

#79 Guest_RedStewie_*

Guest_RedStewie_*
                    • Guests

Posted 03 July 2012 - 07:41 AM

Even if Gordon loves Houston and wants to come here, our old players that we plan on offering in a sign and trade does not fit in with their movement.
                    Martin's expiring doesn't look that good to them, because they already traded for Rashard's expiring contract and bought him out without letting it expire. I doubt they plan on buying another player out

#80 Lyfestyle

Lyfestyle

• Members
                    • PipPipPip
                    • 182 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 08:12 PM

Even if Gordon loves Houston and wants to come here, our old players that we plan on offering in a sign and trade does not fit in with their movement.
                      Martin's expiring doesn't look that good to them, because they already traded for Rashard's expiring contract and bought him out without letting it expire. I doubt they plan on buying another player out

Not that I necessarily disagree, but if they decided Gordon wasn't worth a max deal, why would NO turn down Lowry, Scola and Motiejunas for him? They just drafted Austin Rivers, so it's not like there would be a gaping hole at the 2.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users