Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  majik19 : (13 October 2015 - 09:09 PM) Apparently we claimed Arsalan Kazemi off waivers from the Hawks today... yet another undersized (6'7") power forward for Morey's cupboard.
@  Mario Peña : (10 October 2015 - 01:12 PM) If your part if the Red94 Fantasy Basketball League check the thread to vote for the date and time for the draft event. Thanks y'all!
@  jorgeaam : (07 October 2015 - 08:47 PM) Guys we need 1 more owner for the Red94 fantasy league, if interested please comment on the post in the fantasy basketball thread
@  slick shoes : (07 October 2015 - 06:50 PM) Kobe ranked one spot higher than Ariza? Is this based on legacy or...??
@  slick shoes : (07 October 2015 - 04:13 PM) It was hard to keep up with both the Astros and Rockets at the same time. Should be interesting on Thursday with the Texans and Astros on simultaneously.
@  Mario Peña : (07 October 2015 - 04:09 PM) It was fun to have the Rockets on last night! Right now I'm watching the Celtics versus Milan and Alessandro Gentile is impressive.
@  jorgeaam : (06 October 2015 - 07:47 PM) Well, thinking twice about it, I'd rather have him score less and have the team as a whole do better. Lawson should take a lot of his load off
@  jorgeaam : (06 October 2015 - 07:47 PM) Loving that, hope he hits 30 PPG this year
@  thejohnnygold : (06 October 2015 - 06:15 PM) Someone is feeling confident :) : LINK
@  jorgeaam : (06 October 2015 - 05:54 PM) 10 Teams done, will need 2 more
@  Mario Peña : (06 October 2015 - 02:35 PM) Alright guys, if anyone is interested in joining the Red94 fantasy basketball league we could use one more player to get us to 10 teams (or three to get us to 12 teams). Just check the thread in the Fantasy Basketball forum. Thanks!
@  thejohnnygold : (05 October 2015 - 06:23 PM) I use leaguepass here in Austin with no problems...
@  skip 2 my lou : (05 October 2015 - 03:14 PM) Hey fellas, I'm a rocket fan but I live in the heart of Dallas. Does anybody know if I buy NBA Leaguepass if it's too close to be subject to blackouts?
@  Losthief : (02 October 2015 - 02:24 AM) tks jg
@  thejohnnygold : (29 September 2015 - 05:16 AM) FYI, it was media day today. Interviews are up at NBA.com
@  slick shoes : (23 September 2015 - 06:37 PM) kind of late in the day but NBATV is broadcasting classis Rockets games all day today.
@  SadLakerFan : (16 September 2015 - 04:37 AM) Man, as a Laker fan, I'm learning how little you care about the off season when your team sucks. Anyway, a quick moment to remember Moses. Still remember watching the 81 team as a kid - losing record, NBA Finals. I would have cried w/joy if they could have beaten the Celtics.
@  jorgeaam : (15 September 2015 - 08:30 PM) http://bleacherrepor...ist-after-crash
@  jorgeaam : (15 September 2015 - 08:30 PM) So to celebrate his new contract, Montrezl Harrell saved someone's life on monday
@  thejohnnygold : (14 September 2015 - 04:36 PM) A good article from Blinebury talking about when Hakeem and Moses used to play in the park. LINK

Photo

[chron] Rockets more likely to pursue Eric Gordon than Deron Williams

• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

#21 pharmag

pharmag

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 01:28 PM

lol i hate coming off as a hater in most of my posts, but the truth is this- go back and look at the moves the Rockets have done year after year since Morey took over. Including draft and free agents/trades, they mirror each other. Yao and T-Mac (initially) were able to cover some of the glaring holes with their superstar qualities, but look at all the scrubs and dead weight they had to carry.

Its just that there is only so many times you pull the same bs on me, before i call you out. And Morey has been pulling the same draft/trade/free agent moves the past few years, which is why the team have been stuck on average all those years.
    No major moves- either to get better or worse, just movement of minor parts to remain the same overall

And if you take that in a vacuum, then I agree. However, with it being pretty common knowledge that Les has told him to stay competitive, which he has substantiated with several comments he has made over the years. What else is he supposed to do? Les won't let him tank, and if you clean the cupboard for a superstar, you are back to where you were when Morey took over. Couple superstars with scrubs. At least now we have players that would be good role-players if we could find a superstar. If you trade all of them away to get him, you have accomplished nothing...

#22 Ostrow

Ostrow

Officer

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 437 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 04:15 AM

I think this goes best here with this topic and I didn't want to start a new one, but Gordon is visiting Monday

http://espn.go.com/n...ts-phoenix-suns

#23 blakecouey

blakecouey

Red94 Chief of Police

• Moderators
      • 1,567 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 04:19 AM

It's a push to ensure getting a max contract. if the rumors of us offering the Hornets Martin, Lowry, Motiejunas, Lamb, White, and Jones for him were even partially true then the Hornets will definitely resign(maybe sign and trade) him. I don't like the deal, then again I havent been an advocate for Gordon since preseason(before his 3rd consecutive season with major injury)

#24 Ostrow

Ostrow

Officer

• Members
        • PipPipPip
        • 437 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 04:41 AM

Where did you see that rumor? I don't know why they wouldn't accept that. When was it?

#25 blakecouey

blakecouey

Red94 Chief of Police

• Moderators
          • 1,567 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 04:53 AM

It was earlier on Twitter, no source listed. Probably BS because you're right the Hornets would be stupid not to take it. If I hear any more about it I will let the forum know.

#26 Matt Maloney's Ghost

Matt Maloney's Ghost

Rookie

• Members
            • PipPip
            • 57 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 07:04 AM

I love Eric Gordon, I watched a lot of Clippers game when he was playing healthy. Definitely a dynamic player who has the confidence to go one on one with the NBA's best player. He does not back down from anybody, I saw it against Kobe and Lebron. I would love to have him on our team.

Can I just say something, can we get off the D.Howard trade issue?

He doesn't want to be here. Based off his personality, he wouldn't fit in Houston. He wants lights, cameras, and all of the attention. Houston isn't that type of city.

Just stop with it. It's all about lifestyle with him, I think we all can agree with NYC (Brooklyn) has a more glamourious lifestyle than Houston. Unless he loves 108 degree weather.

#27 JarredAllen

JarredAllen

• Members
              • PipPipPip
              • 148 posts
              • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 02 July 2012 - 02:12 PM

I have a good feeling, that we snag Eric Gordon from NO! We can offer him the best contract. Plus we offer a better/larger market! I think NO will realize that and have no choice, but to offer us our blockbuster trade of Kaman and Gordon for Lowry, Scola and Kevin Martin.

I would be down for this line up:

PG: Dragic/Lloul/Arkansas PG
              SG: Gordon/Lee/Lamb (maybe decide not to pick up Lee's option)
              SF: Parsons/Morris/White
              PF: Patterson/Jones/Monte/Leuer
              C: Asik/Kaman

#28 blakecouey

blakecouey

Red94 Chief of Police

• Moderators
              • 1,567 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 02:18 PM

I didn't think llull was coming over this season?
                Agreed if we get gordon we need to let Lee go.
                Still one too many forwards, maybe d league for leuer. Id rather camby than kaman depends on contract.

#29 Mario Peña

Mario Peña

Officer

• Moderators
                • 2,308 posts
                • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 02 July 2012 - 02:27 PM

I agree better to buy out Kamen or turn him in another trade and resign Camby. Camby is a good locker room guy and can impact games in spurts. Also, I am pretty sure NOLA would not accept all vets, they want some young cats. Monty Williams and Demps really like Parsons by all accounts so he would be traded I do believe.
                How sweet it is!

#30 blakecouey

blakecouey

Red94 Chief of Police

• Moderators
                • 1,567 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 02:30 PM

NO liking parsons may be why we drafted White. I imagine theyd rather him than scola in the trade. We could amnesty Scola if it came to it.

#31 JarredAllen

JarredAllen

• Members
                  • PipPipPip
                  • 148 posts
                  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 02 July 2012 - 02:42 PM

I agree that NO wouldn't want all Vets, but they need some Vet support for the new guys. Kaman would be a legit post scorer and Asik would be the defender. It would be a great combo. I would think we could lose Martin, Lowry, Parsons and Scola to match contract for Kaman and Gordon and maybe someone else on NO

#32 Mario Peña

Mario Peña

Officer

• Moderators
                  • 2,308 posts
                  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 02 July 2012 - 02:53 PM

my guess is they would probably lean towards Parsons plus Mottie and/or Patterson (just a hunch) and then I guess Martin has to be in for contract matching reasons but I can't say I have crunched the numbers, I am on my phone, whatever it takes I think I like the sign and trade with NOLA, I am warming up to the Gordon scenario...
                  How sweet it is!

#33 JarredAllen

JarredAllen

• Members
                  • PipPipPip
                  • 148 posts
                  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 02 July 2012 - 03:33 PM

martin makes about 11.5, lowry makes 5.8 and scola around 8.3 next year. Gordon would get the max of 14 to 15 per year and kaman is probably around 8 to 11 per year. If we threw in Parsons they would balance out.

#34 Guest_RedStewie_*

Guest_RedStewie_*
                  • Guests

Posted 02 July 2012 - 04:15 PM

sure why not give up all our young players with good prospects to snag an injury riddled under-sized shooting guard.
                  Then those players can go to NO and become stars and we can have another episode of "dude, you know we drafted that guy and then traded him"

Say no to Gordon, he's not worth it

#35 Guest_RedStewie_*

Guest_RedStewie_*
                  • Guests

Posted 02 July 2012 - 04:32 PM

Gordon right now is doing what Lebron and Bosh did when they were free agents. Only difference, he's not a superstar so he is the one flying around from city to city, while Lebron and Bosh sat home and had team delegations come to meet them.

Look at all the teams he plans to visit or hear from- Indiana, Houston, Phoenix, NOLA.

NOLA has said they would retain him and unlike Houston, they have the cap to do it, so why make a trade for Scola- they have a backup pf whom they love in Smith, Martin- they prefer Gordon, Lowry- they plan on making Rivers a pg like OKC did to Westbrook.

Gordon is just enjoying his free agency and traveling from team to team to gauge interest and to pit them against each other so as to raise his value. The only team i see him signing an offer sheet with is Indiana and thats if they lose Hibbert to Portland. No way NOLA doesnt match any offer he gets.

#36 Mario Peña

Mario Peña

Officer

• Moderators
                  • 2,308 posts
                  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 02 July 2012 - 04:44 PM

Yes, it is probably at least a 90 per cent chance that NOLA signs Gordon but Morey will try because there is not too much left out there with as high a ceiling despite the injury risk (if the strategy is still "rebuild and stay competitive")...
                  How sweet it is!

#37 Guest_RedStewie_*

Guest_RedStewie_*
                  • Guests

Posted 02 July 2012 - 05:03 PM

I think its about 85% he stays in NO, 15% he ends up in Indiana

#38 blakecouey

blakecouey

Red94 Chief of Police

• Moderators
                  • 1,567 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 05:55 PM

No way he goes to Indy. I've heard nothing about them being willing.to trade for him. It's going.to take a trade to snag him, because as has been said NO likes him and has the space to retain him at max. That said, were probably the only team with pieces/desire to trade for him. 100% he signs with the hornets, 25% he is traded to the Rockets.

#39 JarredAllen

JarredAllen

• Members
                    • PipPipPip
                    • 148 posts
                    • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 02 July 2012 - 06:22 PM

I'm pretty sure Bosh came to Houston and James flew down to Miami. Injured or not, we need to dump our large contracts like Martins, Scola's and Lowry's to make room for our young talent. If we keep Lowry, Dragic might sign somewhere else. If we keep Scola, Patterson, monte, Jones, Leuer and white never get a chance to play basketball. If we keep martin, lamb doesn't get his shot on the court either. That being said we need to make room for the young guns or they will ride the pine, get frustrated, leave Houston and go to another team where they can show their talents, which will leave us with the "Hey remember that guy we drafted, who rode the bench and is now a stud on that other team?"

#40 Cooper

Cooper

• Members
                    • PipPipPipPipPip
                    • 1,290 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 06:47 PM

We are not going to get Gordon N.O. Will Mach any offer no matter what but to have him come and meet with the tram and talk is still good I would even offer him a max deal knowing we still wouldnt get him but make N.O. Pay up for him and in 4 years when he is unrestricted we would have a better shot at him if (he's still good/doesn't keep getting seriously injured) even if we don't get him it's worth it to get quality players like him visiting Houston it sets a good tone but off course we would have to start getting guys like him to sign as well but it's a start.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users