Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  thenit : (03 December 2015 - 05:38 AM) Not a complete game, but the effort was there, and voila we are at least competitive even when we arent playing well
@  cointurtlemoose : (03 December 2015 - 04:44 AM) Corey Brewer went from being absolutely horrible (whole season) to being the Corey Brewer that we all remember and love (tonight)!
@  thenit : (03 December 2015 - 03:02 AM) yep and lawson is having his bst game so far in the season
@  slick shoes : (03 December 2015 - 02:53 AM) it's crazy what happens when the rockets play defense.
@  thenit : (03 December 2015 - 01:46 AM) Not looking good after the 1st Q tonight either.
@  thenit : (01 December 2015 - 04:56 AM) It doesnt help when Bev looks like he lost a step since the surgery and now we have 2 wing defenders who can't defend. So Bev has become Lin with worse offensive skills and shooting
@  thenit : (01 December 2015 - 04:55 AM) Thought last year he finally got it by at least exerting effort and by seeing the results he will be even more willing to play a two way game. Sadly I was completely wrong, he is worse than his first year here
@  thenit : (01 December 2015 - 04:53 AM) Harden is the new Carmelo, high volume usage, scorer, with no D and effort. Will never win a championship with him
@  thenit : (01 December 2015 - 04:52 AM) Its the curse of the Kardashian clan, seriously though Harden can score 80 and it still be close because he doesn't defend. Too many times he just stands there. Not even trying, fame has gone to his head.
@  Jatman20 : (01 December 2015 - 04:08 AM) Opps....on us
@  Jatman20 : (01 December 2015 - 04:07 AM) Rockets have gone Wizard of Oz no us !! No Heart (Harden still looks heartbroken over Chloe), No courage and No Brains (Bickerstaff is less of a coach than McHale at this stage in their careers).
@  majik19 : (01 December 2015 - 03:29 AM) We should've fired Bickerstaff, not McHale. Our defense is killing us.
@  Jatman20 : (01 December 2015 - 02:54 AM) Time to go scorched earth on the Rockets roster!!
@  Cooper : (01 December 2015 - 02:28 AM) on the semi plus side Lawson doesn't look like the absolute worst player in the league.
@  Willk : (01 December 2015 - 01:29 AM) this team needs to be booed from the start of the game to the end of the game during their next home game. This effort is pathetic
@  cointurtlemoose : (30 November 2015 - 03:32 AM) A mix of really bad and really good tonight, but it was a gutsy comeback!
@  slick shoes : (30 November 2015 - 01:38 AM) that was more of a rhetorical question, but good to see you're on your game ;)
@  jorgeaam : (29 November 2015 - 08:12 PM) 7/12 shooting from the field, 8/9 from the line
@  jorgeaam : (29 November 2015 - 08:12 PM) 6, he also had 5 assists and 7 rebounds
@  slick shoes : (29 November 2015 - 05:46 PM) how many treys did Covington bury?

Photo

Talking Rockets, Part I

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#21 Ostrow

Ostrow

Officer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 09:43 PM

There's no way we get Howard or Gasol without Lowry involved in the deal so I don't think there is any chance that happens. I think Scola would pair well with Howard actually. His mid-range/long 2 jumper meshes well with Howard's game. And on the defensive end Howard makes up for a lot of what Scola can't do. I wonder if the Magic would throw Anderson in a deal with Howard. Anderson didn't play well when Howard was out of the line-up but he is a perfect guy WITH Howard. He spreads the floor and rebounds pretty effectively. He also doesn't want touches in the post so it keeps it open for Howard. The Magic may think that his contract isn't worth it if Howard isn't there. With his acquisition in that kind of deal a PF pairing of Scola or Patterson would make a pretty good 1-2 punch (not to mention Monte who was cleared a week or so ago to play in summer league).

#22 Guest_RedStewie_*

Guest_RedStewie_*
    • Guests

Posted 16 June 2012 - 10:55 PM

There is no way we are getting Howard with or without Lowry.
    To trade Howard, Orlando will demand multiple young players with star potential- why accept Lowry when they have another midget pg in Nelson who is actually a better scorer in my opinion.
    Also, we will need to send multiple players for the salaries to match, which means Orlando will have to cut some of their scrub players- why do this to accept our own scrub players.
    Rockets fans overvalue Lowry- Lowry would need to be a top 3 pg in order for Orlando to accept him as the major piece for Howard since Howard is the #1 center in the league, however I doubt Lowry is even a top 10 pg (I could make a list if you disagree)

We have a shot at Gasol, although I doubt the Lakers will want to deal with us until they are sure Dwight is off the market because they have been dangling Pau for Dwight for a while now. Also, although Lowry is better, the Lakers now have a starting pg in Sessions and will play hardball in such a trade (probably asking for Parsons) because simply put- Lowry is no CP3 (which was the main reason they agreed to that trade in the first place)

#23 amacbrooks12

amacbrooks12

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 161 posts
    • LocationBronx, New York

Posted 17 June 2012 - 01:52 AM

did this guy just compare JAMEER NELSON to KYLE LOWRY ? did he just say jameer nelson is a better scorer ? Red Stewie your out of your mind . Jameer Nelson is one of the worst point guards in the league , there are backup point guards on other teams that are better than him . He is the reason why Dwight Howard wants to pair up with another point guard ( Deron Williams ) . Please know your facts and what your talking about Red Stewie

#24 amacbrooks12

amacbrooks12

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 161 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 02:00 AM

by the way you just ask for arguements red stewie because when healthy , kyle lowry is a top ten pg for sure . before his bacterial infection lowry was in the talks of being an all star . so i would love to know ten point guards who are better than him

#25 blakecouey

blakecouey

Red94 Chief of Police

• Moderators
    • 1,590 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 03:01 AM

There is no way we are getting Howard with or without Lowry.
      To trade Howard, Orlando will demand multiple young players with star potential- why accept Lowry when they have another midget pg in Nelson who is actually a better scorer in my opinion.
      Also, we will need to send multiple players for the salaries to match, which means Orlando will have to cut some of their scrub players- why do this to accept our own scrub players.
      Rockets fans overvalue Lowry- Lowry would need to be a top 3 pg in order for Orlando to accept him as the major piece for Howard since Howard is the #1 center in the league, however I doubt Lowry is even a top 10 pg (I could make a list if you disagree)

We have a shot at Gasol, although I doubt the Lakers will want to deal with us until they are sure Dwight is off the market because they have been dangling Pau for Dwight for a while now. Also, although Lowry is better, the Lakers now have a starting pg in Sessions and will play hardball in such a trade (probably asking for Parsons) because simply put- Lowry is no CP3 (which was the main reason they agreed to that trade in the first place)

Nelson has a player option for this year so the Magic may very well need Lowry. Nelson's option is over 7mil, and he's an idiot if he doesn't sign it. Not only that but Lowry is a much better PG than Nelson(please explain how you honestly believe this), and I too(along with amac) want to see your list of ten PG's better than he in the league.

#26 Ostrow

Ostrow

Officer

• Members
      • PipPipPip
      • 437 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 03:51 AM

Lowry is better at every aspect of basketball than Nelson. In addition I would argue that Lowry has much more value to the Magic than Gasol does, and I don't think it's close. Maybe Gasol and Bynum gets a deal done but there is no package around Gasol that the Lakers could make that would entice the Magic at all. I think you are overvaluing Gasol and undervaluing Lowry, He's a young PG on a great contract. If the Magic can't get a superstar (and I mean a top-5 or 10 guy) back they are more likely to want young players and draft picks because they will be bad. Howard covered up a lot of problems with that team, they are going no where soon without him. And he's in the top-10 of PGs. Rondo, Williams, CP3, Rose, Parker, Westbrook (in order of how the teams were listed on the site I was looking at, not ability) are the only guys I think you could say for a fact are better. Nash, Holiday, Curry, Irving, Wall, Rubio, Lawson are in that next group and there is an argument that he is better than all of them right now. Take into account his contract and availability there is really no one else that rivals him.

#27 Guest_RedStewie_*

Guest_RedStewie_*
        • Guests

Posted 17 June 2012 - 05:34 PM

Dwight Howard- number 1 center in the league, multiple defensive player of the year, all star, perenial mvp candidate.

Lowry- been in the league 7 seasons and was a backup for 5. Never averaged double digit assists or more than 15pts a season. Hasn't won anything in the nba- not scoring title, assist title, most improved player etc. Only ever completed 82 games in one season.

Now after 1 fluke season in which he was very inconsistent btw, some people think he is Magic.

Yeah, Morey is just gonna wave his magic wand and make Kyle go to Orlando while we get Dwight. come on guys

#28 blakecouey

blakecouey

Red94 Chief of Police

• Moderators
        • 1,590 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 06:34 PM

Dwight Howard- number 1 center in the league, multiple defensive player of the year, all star, perenial mvp candidate.

Lowry- been in the league 7 seasons and was a backup for 5. Never averaged double digit assists or more than 15pts a season. Hasn't won anything in the nba- not scoring title, assist title, most improved player etc. Only ever completed 82 games in one season.

Now after 1 fluke season in which he was very inconsistent btw, some people think he is Magic.

Yeah, Morey is just gonna wave his magic wand and make Kyle go to Orlando while we get Dwight. come on guys

Still waiting on your list of PG's better than Lowry.
          What makes you believe his season was a fluke? And I don't think I've seen anybody refer to Lowry as Magic by the way. Let me intertwine two threads for a minute and refer back to you saying the Clipper have ZERO need for Dwight, yet with the accomplishments you list WHO DOESNT NEED DWIGHT?

I think your problem is you overvalue your opinion so much that you cannot intelligently comprehend other opinions in such a way as to make a reputable argument. The "devils advocate" position is getting so old that you're now contradicting yourself on each and every post you make Stewie.

Considering Dwight has no more strings to pull(other than signing an extension in Orlando) he has no choice as to where he goes, which means our ONLY hurdle is getting their new gm(whenever they get one..) to believe a trade we offer is worth it. This isn't too difficult to attain as we have several good value players, expiring contracts, and young players with potential-all of which Orlando will be looking for in ANY deal for Howard.

#29 Mario Peña

Mario Peña

Officer

• Moderators
          • 2,323 posts
          • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 17 June 2012 - 07:54 PM

There are only about 8 floor leaders better than Lowry right now:

Chris Paul, D Will, Steve Nash, D Rose (despite injuries will remain in the top 10), Rajon Rondo, Russ Westbrook and Tony Parker...

John Wall has enough potential, durability, leadership skills and tangible productivity (unlike Curry, Evans, Irving, Rubio, Dragic, and Lawson though they have higher ceilings than others on this list which may or may not ever be reached) to put him safely in the top ten...

Right now I would say Lowry and Calderon round out the top 10...

Lowry is about a 16-8-6 player depending on his cast and like Rondo is a triple double at the one waiting to happen, paired with more scorers Lowry would probably get more assists and rebounds potentially...
          I can't stand the Warriors!

#30 Guest_RedStewie_*

Guest_RedStewie_*
          • Guests

Posted 17 June 2012 - 08:40 PM

Still waiting on your list of PG's better than Lowry.
          What makes you believe his season was a fluke? And I don't think I've seen anybody refer to Lowry as Magic by the way. Let me intertwine two threads for a minute and refer back to you saying the Clipper have ZERO need for Dwight, yet with the accomplishments you list WHO DOESNT NEED DWIGHT?

CP3, Rose, D-Will, Nash, Rondo, Westbrook, Tony Parker, Jrue Holiday, Curry, Irving, John Wall, Rubio, Jennings, Lawson.
          Now you could be a homer and argue he should be ahead of 2 or 3 guys on that list. But my whole point of bringing this up is to clarify that you guys are proposing a trade for arguably a top 5 player in the nba/#1 undisputed center for a pg who is top 13 or barely top 10 (Depending on your opinion) and who is not even the best player on his own team. Logic just goes against that.
          His season was a fluke because he has been in the league 7 seasons, and never had great games, plus he couldn't maintain that form for the whole season. He was stat padding on a team where he was the primary ball handler and there was no major threat especially once Martin got hurt and lost interest in the team. He was inconsistent, despite some great games- his season averages are 14.3 pts, 6.6 assist and 2.8 turnovers.

Considering Dwight has no more strings to pull(other than signing an extension in Orlando) he has no choice as to where he goes, which means our ONLY hurdle is getting their new gm(whenever they get one..) to believe a trade we offer is worth it. This isn't too difficult to attain as we have several good value players, expiring contracts, and young players with potential-all of which Orlando will be looking for in ANY deal for Howard.

Dwight has a lot of pull. Any team stupid enough to trade for him without a guarantee he will resign with them will end up losing everything they gave up to get him once his one year rental is over. So he has a lot of power in where he goes.
          We have a lot of cheap average players who the best skill you can attribute to them is hustling. We have nothing to offer Orlando. And even if we clear the whole roster to get him, who is he going to play with once he gets here. Why would he leave Orlando- currently a better team than Houston, to come to a depleted Houston team- if he can't win in Orlando/Eastern conference, what assurance does he have here once you offload the roster.

#31 blakecouey

blakecouey

Red94 Chief of Police

• Moderators
          • 1,590 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 10:40 PM

CP3, Rose, D-Will, Nash, Rondo, Westbrook, Tony Parker, Jrue Holiday, Curry, Irving, John Wall, Rubio, Jennings, Lawson.
            Now you could be a homer and argue he should be ahead of 2 or 3 guys on that list. But my whole point of bringing this up is to clarify that you guys are proposing a trade for arguably a top 5 player in the nba/#1 undisputed center for a pg who is top 13 or barely top 10 (Depending on your opinion) and who is not even the best player on his own team. Logic just goes against that.
            His season was a fluke because he has been in the league 7 seasons, and never had great games, plus he couldn't maintain that form for the whole season. He was stat padding on a team where he was the primary ball handler and there was no major threat especially once Martin got hurt and lost interest in the team. He was inconsistent, despite some great games- his season averages are 14.3 pts, 6.6 assist and 2.8 turnovers.

Dwight has a lot of pull. Any team stupid enough to trade for him without a guarantee he will resign with them will end up losing everything they gave up to get him once his one year rental is over. So he has a lot of power in where he goes.
            We have a lot of cheap average players who the best skill you can attribute to them is hustling. We have nothing to offer Orlando. And even if we clear the whole roster to get him, who is he going to play with once he gets here. Why would he leave Orlando- currently a better team than Houston, to come to a depleted Houston team- if he can't win in Orlando/Eastern conference, what assurance does he have here once you offload the roster.

Sorry i guess I was taking into consideration that you would have read any of the other multiple threads/posts on this same topic(that you've commented on to boot). As I said, the fact is we wouldn't have to give up everyone on our team, as well as that Morey could assemble a team of equal stature without much effort if needed.
            "Dwight has a lot of pull"- what the hell kind of leverage does he have other than RESIGNING with Orlando? Dwight lost his GM who was willing to find somewhere that he wanted to play, and a new GM is going to be looking for whatever is best for his team-and if Dwight isn't going to resign with Orlando, that means a trade(there is a .01% chance that Orlando actually keeps Dwight past the deadline without an extension in place). Orlando is in a position where they can't make it deep in the playoffs with their current roster, and in such a bad financial situation that they can't do much to help in the short term, they must make moves, and why keep a guy who wont be there next year without getting something in return? Also, teams trading for Dwight aren't automatically "out" if they can't get a guarantee from him to sign with them, there are plenty of teams that are willing to take a rental in HOPES that he will sign with them later. Now for the Lowry issue, I wonder if you watch the same games as everybody else. Lowry's season was no fluke, the entire time before his virus he played above average and at a near all-star level. After his time off, he was never given another opportunity in the same situation, nor was he in the same physical shape-or mental if you consider that Dragic was playing so well that his job was at risk.

#32 Guest_RedStewie_*

Guest_RedStewie_*
            • Guests

Posted 18 June 2012 - 12:50 AM

what? you totally ignored the better pgs than Lowry which you were demanding.
            You take a rental on Dwight, lose all your good pieces to Orlando and lose Dwight after a year. Sounds like something a very smart gm do :rolleyes:

When Lowry averages at least 18pts and 10+ pts per game 2 seasons in a row, then I know its not a fluke.
            He's yet to average a double double for a season, showing how inconsistent he is.

#33 amacbrooks12

amacbrooks12

• Members
            • PipPipPip
            • 161 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 01:57 AM

Jrue Holiday , Stephen Curry , Ricky Rubio ( who i think is massively overrated ) , John Wall , Kyrie Irving , and Brandon Jennings are NOT better than Kyle Lowry right now . Which leaves Kyle Lowry at #8 in top ten point guards . So stop under valueing Kyle Lowry and watch some games .

#34 Cooper

Cooper

• Members
            • PipPipPipPipPip
            • 1,297 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 03:55 PM

Jrue Holiday , Stephen Curry , Ricky Rubio ( who i think is massively overrated ) , John Wall , Kyrie Irving , and Brandon Jennings are NOT better than Kyle Lowry right now . Which leaves Kyle Lowry at #8 in top ten point guards . So stop under valueing Kyle Lowry and watch some games .

Irving is definatly better than Lowry, Lowry is just as good as wall, curry, Rubio,etc currently are, he's a border line top 10 point guard on a cheap contract which makes him valuable.

#35 blakecouey

blakecouey

Red94 Chief of Police

• Moderators
              • 1,590 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 09:32 PM

what? you totally ignored the better pgs than Lowry which you were demanding.
                You take a rental on Dwight, lose all your good pieces to Orlando and lose Dwight after a year. Sounds like something a very smart gm do :rolleyes:

When Lowry averages at least 18pts and 10+ pts per game 2 seasons in a row, then I know its not a fluke.
                He's yet to average a double double for a season, showing how inconsistent he is.

The reason I didn't comment on your list is because you agreed with me(partially) in your post "for a pg who is top 13 or barely top 10 (Depending on your opinion". If you do not understand or believe that a GM will be willing to take a Dwight rental, then i guess youll have to wait and see. It will be QUITE CLEAR if the Rockets make any trade attempt at Dwight, because it's my belief that if he were willing to extend here he wouldn't have signed the ETO for Orlando to keep from being traded to us at the deadline this season.

#36 Cooper

Cooper

• Members
                • PipPipPipPipPip
                • 1,297 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 01:15 AM

The reason I didn't comment on your list is because you agreed with me(partially) in your post "for a pg who is top 13 or barely top 10 (Depending on your opinion". If you do not understand or believe that a GM will be willing to take a Dwight rental, then i guess youll have to wait and see. It will be QUITE CLEAR if the Rockets make any trade attempt at Dwight, because it's my belief that if he were willing to extend here he wouldn't have signed the ETO for Orlando to keep from being traded to us at the deadline this season.

I think Howard doesn't know what he's doing he doesn't want to leave orlando but he doesn't want to be stuck with their crap team his whole career. He wants to be traded out so he can say they traded him and he didnt really want to leave I couldnt tell you if he wouldn't want to go to houston or not but the would have the flexibility to add good players around him even a guy like dwill if they don't take back some of orlandos bad contracts. Howard will end up somewhere with dwill

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users