Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  thenit : (03 December 2015 - 05:38 AM) Not a complete game, but the effort was there, and voila we are at least competitive even when we arent playing well
@  cointurtlemoose : (03 December 2015 - 04:44 AM) Corey Brewer went from being absolutely horrible (whole season) to being the Corey Brewer that we all remember and love (tonight)!
@  thenit : (03 December 2015 - 03:02 AM) yep and lawson is having his bst game so far in the season
@  slick shoes : (03 December 2015 - 02:53 AM) it's crazy what happens when the rockets play defense.
@  thenit : (03 December 2015 - 01:46 AM) Not looking good after the 1st Q tonight either.
@  thenit : (01 December 2015 - 04:56 AM) It doesnt help when Bev looks like he lost a step since the surgery and now we have 2 wing defenders who can't defend. So Bev has become Lin with worse offensive skills and shooting
@  thenit : (01 December 2015 - 04:55 AM) Thought last year he finally got it by at least exerting effort and by seeing the results he will be even more willing to play a two way game. Sadly I was completely wrong, he is worse than his first year here
@  thenit : (01 December 2015 - 04:53 AM) Harden is the new Carmelo, high volume usage, scorer, with no D and effort. Will never win a championship with him
@  thenit : (01 December 2015 - 04:52 AM) Its the curse of the Kardashian clan, seriously though Harden can score 80 and it still be close because he doesn't defend. Too many times he just stands there. Not even trying, fame has gone to his head.
@  Jatman20 : (01 December 2015 - 04:08 AM) Opps....on us
@  Jatman20 : (01 December 2015 - 04:07 AM) Rockets have gone Wizard of Oz no us !! No Heart (Harden still looks heartbroken over Chloe), No courage and No Brains (Bickerstaff is less of a coach than McHale at this stage in their careers).
@  majik19 : (01 December 2015 - 03:29 AM) We should've fired Bickerstaff, not McHale. Our defense is killing us.
@  Jatman20 : (01 December 2015 - 02:54 AM) Time to go scorched earth on the Rockets roster!!
@  Cooper : (01 December 2015 - 02:28 AM) on the semi plus side Lawson doesn't look like the absolute worst player in the league.
@  Willk : (01 December 2015 - 01:29 AM) this team needs to be booed from the start of the game to the end of the game during their next home game. This effort is pathetic
@  cointurtlemoose : (30 November 2015 - 03:32 AM) A mix of really bad and really good tonight, but it was a gutsy comeback!
@  slick shoes : (30 November 2015 - 01:38 AM) that was more of a rhetorical question, but good to see you're on your game ;)
@  jorgeaam : (29 November 2015 - 08:12 PM) 7/12 shooting from the field, 8/9 from the line
@  jorgeaam : (29 November 2015 - 08:12 PM) 6, he also had 5 assists and 7 rebounds
@  slick shoes : (29 November 2015 - 05:46 PM) how many treys did Covington bury?

Photo

NBA Draft Lottery

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Rahat Huq

Rahat Huq

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,547 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 02:21 PM

Tonight at 7PM on ESPN. We'll know within ten seconds if the Rockets moved up. They have a 1.8% chance of landing in the top 3.

#2 Sir Thursday

Sir Thursday

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 1,204 posts
    • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 30 May 2012 - 04:29 PM

1.8% is approximately 1 in 60. Who's feeling lucky :P?

ST

#3 Rahat Huq

Rahat Huq

Administrator

• Administrators
    • 1,547 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 05:28 PM

I have a feeling we're going to win the lottery tonight.

...I also had that feeling the last two years as well, so we'll see.

#4 Lyfestyle

Lyfestyle

• Members
      • PipPipPip
      • 182 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 10:54 PM

I would lose my shit if the Rockets won the lottery tonight. That said, I don't even feel remotely like it'll happen.

Also: isn't it kinda weird that we can't actually watch the lottery process? Like, if a team like Brooklyn (or Cleveland) wins the lottery tonight, isn't that kinda a bit too convenient for the NBA?

#5 Ostrow

Ostrow

Officer

• Members
        • PipPipPip
        • 437 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 03:53 AM

Talk about convenient for the NBA. The conspiracy theorists will be out.

#6 Dan G

Dan G

• Members
          • PipPipPip
          • 251 posts
          • LocationEast Texas

Posted 31 May 2012 - 08:34 AM

Call me a conspiracy theorist or not, but before this season even started right after the original C. Paul trade was rejected and he was traded to the Clippers, I said New Orleans was going to win the draft lottery and look what happened. Now I originally said they would win it with the Minnesota pick but Minnesota did too well and it would have been TOO obvious, but still, how the Bobcats who had the worst winning percentage in NBA history and some of the other bottom feeders didn't win the draft lottery is beyond me. Just like when the Cavs won the lottery a year before right after Lebron left, this year really leaves me with a feeling the draft lottery is rigged for sure and how come we don't get to see the ping pong ball selections anymore?

Edit- I didn't even see Ostrow's comment before typing my own but yes, you're damn right conspiracy theorists will be out after what happened last night.

:lol: All in the game, yo, :D all in the game :lol:!

#7 Rahat Huq

Rahat Huq

Administrator

• Administrators
          • 1,547 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 11:42 AM

I wonder why they don't just air the drawing live on television. In a league where you actually had referees betting on games, they can't afford any type of suspicions.

Regardless though, I think any way this went, things would seem suspicious: If NJ got it, it was for Brooklyn, if Cleveland got it, it was makeup for Lebron, if Charlotte got it, it was for MJ, etc. Though obviously, this looks the worst.

#8 blakecouey

blakecouey

Red94 Chief of Police

• Moderators
            • 1,590 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 01:45 PM

In addition to Rahat's post... If the Rockets got it, it was a real lottery. Just kidding, I dont think it was tainted at all, but as I said on Twitter and a few have mentioned here televising it would eliminate all suspicion.

#9 Stephen

Stephen

• Members
              • PipPipPip
              • 338 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 12:33 AM

Re the Hornets-or whatever they're going to be called.
                If I'm them I keep Okafor.
                First,they need to have a min salary,and better short term on Okafor than stuck w/a couple of players at $5-8mil each for 4 yrs.
                Second,they can play Okafor and Davis together,giving Davis time to mature into his body and learn the NBA.
                Third,playing Okafor and Davis together gives NO a heck of a defensive frontline. They've got the complemetary wing in Ariza,scoring from Gordon,they just need a PG. Re-sign Landry and Bellineli and they've got bench scoring.

As to Kaman,oh heck no! He makes Kevin Martin look like an iron man.
                I could see Kaman three yrs ago,but he can't stay healthy. We've been down that road and it doesn't lead anywhere.

#10 blakecouey

blakecouey

Red94 Chief of Police

• Moderators
                • 1,590 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 02:35 AM

I only mentioned Kaman as he has been mentioned several other times on these forums, he's like Gordon in my opinion...if you can't keep them on the court they aren't worth paying. I can't wait to stop debating what might happen, and start debating what has happened.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users