Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  thenit : (03 December 2015 - 05:38 AM) Not a complete game, but the effort was there, and voila we are at least competitive even when we arent playing well
@  cointurtlemoose : (03 December 2015 - 04:44 AM) Corey Brewer went from being absolutely horrible (whole season) to being the Corey Brewer that we all remember and love (tonight)!
@  thenit : (03 December 2015 - 03:02 AM) yep and lawson is having his bst game so far in the season
@  slick shoes : (03 December 2015 - 02:53 AM) it's crazy what happens when the rockets play defense.
@  thenit : (03 December 2015 - 01:46 AM) Not looking good after the 1st Q tonight either.
@  thenit : (01 December 2015 - 04:56 AM) It doesnt help when Bev looks like he lost a step since the surgery and now we have 2 wing defenders who can't defend. So Bev has become Lin with worse offensive skills and shooting
@  thenit : (01 December 2015 - 04:55 AM) Thought last year he finally got it by at least exerting effort and by seeing the results he will be even more willing to play a two way game. Sadly I was completely wrong, he is worse than his first year here
@  thenit : (01 December 2015 - 04:53 AM) Harden is the new Carmelo, high volume usage, scorer, with no D and effort. Will never win a championship with him
@  thenit : (01 December 2015 - 04:52 AM) Its the curse of the Kardashian clan, seriously though Harden can score 80 and it still be close because he doesn't defend. Too many times he just stands there. Not even trying, fame has gone to his head.
@  Jatman20 : (01 December 2015 - 04:08 AM) Opps....on us
@  Jatman20 : (01 December 2015 - 04:07 AM) Rockets have gone Wizard of Oz no us !! No Heart (Harden still looks heartbroken over Chloe), No courage and No Brains (Bickerstaff is less of a coach than McHale at this stage in their careers).
@  majik19 : (01 December 2015 - 03:29 AM) We should've fired Bickerstaff, not McHale. Our defense is killing us.
@  Jatman20 : (01 December 2015 - 02:54 AM) Time to go scorched earth on the Rockets roster!!
@  Cooper : (01 December 2015 - 02:28 AM) on the semi plus side Lawson doesn't look like the absolute worst player in the league.
@  Willk : (01 December 2015 - 01:29 AM) this team needs to be booed from the start of the game to the end of the game during their next home game. This effort is pathetic
@  cointurtlemoose : (30 November 2015 - 03:32 AM) A mix of really bad and really good tonight, but it was a gutsy comeback!
@  slick shoes : (30 November 2015 - 01:38 AM) that was more of a rhetorical question, but good to see you're on your game ;)
@  jorgeaam : (29 November 2015 - 08:12 PM) 7/12 shooting from the field, 8/9 from the line
@  jorgeaam : (29 November 2015 - 08:12 PM) 6, he also had 5 assists and 7 rebounds
@  slick shoes : (29 November 2015 - 05:46 PM) how many treys did Covington bury?

Photo

Well... Who stays? (Goran Dragic vs. Kyle Lowry part 2)

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Ostrow

Ostrow

Officer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 08:54 AM

http://espn.go.com/n...ch-kevin-mchale

Basically Lowry says he won't play for McHale next year.

#2 Sir Thursday

Sir Thursday

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 1,205 posts
    • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 26 May 2012 - 10:19 AM

I guess that means Lowry is moving...we were all talking about installing Dragic as the starter and moving Lowry anyway (though that wasn't my preferred option at the time), so this could be worse. Might reduce his trade value a little, I suppose, which isn't great, but on the other hand it might mean that other GMs start thinking more seriously about trying to acquire Lowry, which could be a good thing.

IMO, keeping a coach and philosophy in place is more important than one player, even if that's our best player. If you remember back to the start of the season, players were saying that it was taking them some time to learn the new terminology McHale brought with him to the job. That was particularly an issue given the lockout, but there's still going to be the same effect if you bring in another coach. Even given the high personnel turnover of the Rockets, there are still going to be a lot of players around from year to year, and they're going to be able to build on what we did last year instead of starting from scratch.

ST

#3 Stephen

Stephen

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 338 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 02:53 PM

Ouch!

A big thanks to Rahat for making us aware of the situation earlier,when everyone else was downplaying it.

#4 blakecouey

blakecouey

Red94 Chief of Police

• Moderators
      • 1,590 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 04:31 PM

We all somewhat expected it, it's just confirmed now, which means our suggestions and theories have a bit more meaning now. So, what to do..Move Lowry or replace McHale? My opinion is to trade Lowry, from what I have seen the drop-off of talent between the two is minimal regardless of which characteristics you involve in your evaluation. Another trait to add is if Lowry is publicly denouncing his coach(or their relationship) he isn't the kind of guy we want here. Lowry isn't CP3, Rondo, D Will, who you could look past attitude problems with if there were any existing. At this point I think we're kind of "stuck" with McHale. I wasn't impressed when we hired him last year, I had seen nothing that made me feel he was the best guy for the job during his tenure in Minnesota. After a season with him as the helm, I'm still wondering what it was that got him the job. If it was for development of our big guys, well we traded two of them(Hill & Thabeet) and the one we kept regressed(Pat) and the rest are over 30. Now, it would seem given a true offseason and being able to look back on what did and didn't work last season that things could only improve. I'm not so sure of that, seems we need to make moves during the offseason, trades, FA additions, and draftees our team may not resemble last season by much. At that point we've seemingly lost another year of players being "coached up" and playing with a known system/rotation.
        If the reports are all true, that there are several other players and agents that are complaining about McHale(not including Martin/Dalembert-they don't need to return anyways), then maybe McHale is the one that needs to leave. There are several quality coaches on the market these days, and I'd have to say Houston is a better job than Charlotte, maybe than Orlando as well if Dwight is gone and theyre stuck with high priced mid level talent.

#5 Mario Peña

Mario Peña

Officer

• Moderators
        • 2,323 posts
        • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 26 May 2012 - 06:46 PM

I have been telling anyone that would listen that Lowry's ego had outgrown his talent sometime in the second half of the 2010-2011 season. I think Lowry excelled in Adelman's system and tried to assert himself this year in the first 2/3 of the games this past season to the detriment of the team as well as specific players. Goran came in the last 3rd of the season and the team changed, for the better. Lowry rushed his return and destroyed the chemistry that had evolved in his absence. I am certain players deferred to Lowry and his selfish return impacted Dragic(who handled it with grace) and subverted McHale, nothing good came of it all. In fact the losing streak and collapse I suspect is somehow related to a huge breakdown in chemistry and a fractured team behind the scenes. I don't put the collapse on McHale and I believe McHale did a good job this year. I suspect drama queens like Lowry, Martin and Dalembert sabotaged the great chemistry built by players like Dragic, Scola, Camby, Parsons, Lee and others. I want Mchale for about 3 years and then I want to see where the culture is at.

Furthermore, I don't believe Lowry is the best player on this team, the best player has always been Scola. Luis is a leader, is dependable, productive, plays better defense than most fans understand, sacrifices his game for the team and has been a champion on many levels of basketball.

Lastly and most importantly, Dragic needs to be signed up long term. He has paid his dues behind Nash and Lowry and I am sure he learned a lot about the game as well as some lessons in maturity. He is ready for his own team both skillwise and mentally. Dragic has a ceiling on the court and a respect for team that Lowry will never have.
        I can't stand the Warriors!

#6 Rahat Huq

Rahat Huq

Administrator

• Administrators
        • 1,547 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 01:02 PM

New post: Lowry tries to force the team's hand

http://www.red94.net...eams-hand/9651/

#7 Alituro

Alituro

Advanced Member

• Members
          • PipPipPipPip
          • 549 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 04:32 PM

Send Lowry packing... once my favorite Rocket, now as good as Brooks for denouncing McHale like that. Players, regardless of their status or stature absolutely need to respect their coaches and teams, and learn their place, which is to dribble, pass and shoot. I say make a trade that hurts him, out of spite. Something like sending him back to Memphis to hold Conley's sac once again, that'd humble him, trade him str8 up for Mayo... Either that or go let him waste away in SAC, NOLA or CHA... With an attitude like that he'll eventually be shipped to China, ask Brooks or AI. I used to think his fire was of a competitive nature that wants his team to win, now he's shown his cards and only wants him to win...

#8 Chichos

Chichos

• Members
            • PipPipPip
            • 216 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 08:31 PM

I think Lowry knew he was on his way out. If he knows he will probably be traded from the Rockets then essentially demanding a trade means other GMs will pay less to get him. His new team has more players of a higher caliber and screw the Rockets. As fans we would call it childish but I'm sure his agent has been working phones behind the scenes to tell everyone how fractured the relationship is.

It's sad because of what Lowry used to mean to the team but it has happened. It is up to McHale to do something with the players he has. Let's all hope McHale isn't Doug Collins 2.0. Young players need coaching not constant nit picking.

#9 bob schmidt

bob schmidt

• Members
              • PipPipPip
              • 104 posts
              • LocationBrownsville, Texas

Posted 30 May 2012 - 09:43 PM

I would feel no urgency to trading Lowry, despite his childish outburst and short fuse tendencies... He is obviously worth his contract, and we can afford to take our time in resolving his situation. We now know that there is no reason to defer to his wishes, that is his great weakness. He is under contract, like it or not...

Regarding Dragic, we need to sign him to a mutually acceptable contract. Once that is accomplished, Lowry and Martin must be shopped for the best available players that can help the Rockets improve. I am less than convinced that Lee is enough at SG, so even he remains a question in my mind.

One thing is for sure, I don't want to see Lowry traded for less than his real value. He is a productive player when healthy, and has a reasonable contract. Somebody will step up to get him if we are patient and let the open market do its' thing.

#10 DaDakota

DaDakota

• Members
              • PipPipPip
              • 167 posts
              • LocationAustin

Posted 04 June 2012 - 03:22 PM

Anyone could see that Lowry didn't like McHale, all you had to do was watch him roll his eyes when McHale barked at him on the floor, or watch Kyle's body language, it was clear from the first games of the year that there was a problem there.

Kyle plays with passion, but he has been showing major signs of enitlement issues, and frankly he was beaten out by a bigger, quicker, more athletic player, and he doesn't like it.

It is Aaron Brooks part 2.....

Time to trade Kyle and sign Goran.

DD

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users