Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  redfaithful : (05 September 2015 - 10:48 PM) Llull line from today loss to Serbia: 30MIN 1-10PG, 0-5 3PG, 4-4FT 6AST, 1TO, 4REB, +/- -11
@  Losthief : (03 September 2015 - 02:27 AM) this dude's gun fired and all he got a misdemeanor at bush lol: http://abc13.com/new...ush-iah/815795/
@  Losthief : (03 September 2015 - 02:26 AM) theres more articles all over, but the jist is houston (and texas) doesn't really arrest for it, they just recommend you leave it in your car when they catch it. So seems dwight got lucky he was in texas and not cali or the NE.
@  Losthief : (03 September 2015 - 02:22 AM) honestly we should just be glad they caught it...
@  Losthief : (03 September 2015 - 02:21 AM) response: http://nymag.com/dai...n_airplane.html
@  Losthief : (03 September 2015 - 01:42 AM) one bullet left in the chamber is diff than fully loaded and ready to go. Still stupid...but not like he was prepared for a shooting spree.
@  jorgeaam : (02 September 2015 - 09:33 PM) http://www.tmz.com/2...t-get-arrested/
@  jorgeaam : (02 September 2015 - 09:33 PM) So according to TMZ (I know, I know) Dwight Howard had an incident last month in which he took a loaded gun into an airport, but he was allowed to give it to a friend to take it back and wasn't arrested.
@  jorgeaam : (31 August 2015 - 10:45 PM) The Los Angeles Rockets, lol
@  redfaithful : (31 August 2015 - 09:51 PM) Seems that Chuck is also on his way to the Clippers.
@  slick shoes : (24 August 2015 - 06:14 PM) ill just leave this here...
@  slick shoes : (24 August 2015 - 06:14 PM) http://www.timeandda...04&font=cursive
@  timetodienow... : (21 August 2015 - 07:20 PM) At least in my opinion.
@  timetodienow... : (21 August 2015 - 07:20 PM) I love having Terry. But the main factor was that New Orleans will NOT compete for a championship this year and the Rockets will.
@  jorgeaam : (21 August 2015 - 03:57 AM) Things that make me like the JET even more
@  jorgeaam : (21 August 2015 - 03:57 AM) Jason Terry said that he turned down a more lucrative deal from New Orleans in order to return to Houston.
@  clydesmoustache : (19 August 2015 - 08:32 AM) A year ago who would have thought I would be so happy to have Jason Terry on my team. Welcome back JET! Hurry up October!
@  cointurtlemoose : (19 August 2015 - 04:45 AM) Terry I love yooouuuuuuuuu
@  jorgeaam : (19 August 2015 - 02:38 AM) Yay Terry is back!
@  majik19 : (15 August 2015 - 09:33 PM) and i thought these shouts were limited to some number of characters!

Photo

Llull

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#21 clydesmoustache

clydesmoustache

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 06:07 AM

All this talk of the same ring and court but isn't the euro three point line shorter? I thought that was the issue with Pap. Llull might be the answer we need a distributor but my issue is the amount of cash that reports are saying on someone unproven. For those that think Llul is the answer how much cap would you sacrifice? Sounds a little like David Anderson being an awesome backup to Yao as he is a Euro league champion.

In brighter news looks like Rubio was only an option during the draft. My issue with rubio was mainly having to pay him 12 mill when he averages around half a season of games played. Not to mention his shooting and the fact that Harden showed he has limited lateral movement this season! :)

Edited by clydesmoustache, 30 June 2015 - 06:17 AM.

#22 redfaithful

redfaithful

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 211 posts
    • LocationIsrael

Posted 30 June 2015 - 07:19 AM

The point that I'm most worried about is consistency, I've seen a couple of big money Euroleague games in which Llull was a non-factor. Probably not the best case scenario in an NBA playoff series.

#23 Losthief

Losthief

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 473 posts
    • LocationHouston

Posted 30 June 2015 - 10:15 AM

The corner 3 is the roughly the same within a few inches, but instead of running it out to 23.75 ft like we do at the top they only go like half a foot more than the corner at the top. So....wing 3s and top of the circle are harder, corner 3s are about equal. But this is fairly new (2012?), before that it was even shorter.

Edited by Losthief, 30 June 2015 - 10:15 AM.

LoSTHieF

I'd Rather Be Lucky Than Skilled

#24 Losthief

Losthief

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 473 posts
    • LocationHouston

Posted 30 June 2015 - 10:32 AM

Pat Beverly was technically a European import too. Just saying that not every european import turns out bad. Again i get the concerns but its not like the ACB isn't a much better league/competition than the college level. So unless we are getting a starter level nba guy then i don't see the harm in bringing him over. He's likely better than anything we have right now besides bev and bev can't stay healthy or play that many games/minutes at a high intensity and might cost even more. Also we can keep bev anyways with his bird rights.

Also, just for reference Nikola Mirotic was on the same team as Llull all these years and Llull was just as good. http://www.basketbal...adrid/2014.html(you can go comb the other years but here's Nikola's last year '14-'15 with Real)

So....if we got anything near what Mirotic brought to the bulls with Llull that be amazing, if we got just a part of that (which seems fair to expect) then were probably happy with him anyways. Also there shooting numbers are pretty similar and Mirotic did ok, struggled a bit from 3 but he didn't get consistent minutes either. Also Mirotic didn't start any more games than Llull did in the ACB, but he was challenging for minutes in a deep bulls pf rotation (gasol, gibson) by seasons end.

LoSTHieF

I'd Rather Be Lucky Than Skilled

#25 clydesmoustache

clydesmoustache

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 143 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 01:50 PM

The corner 3 is the roughly the same within a few inches, but instead of running it out to 23.75 ft like we do at the top they only go like half a foot more than the corner at the top. So....wing 3s and top of the circle are harder, corner 3s are about equal. But this is fairly new (2012?), before that it was even shorter.

Thanks for that update. I didn't realise that the corner three was close to the same. I just crave a guard that will consistently make defenses pay for double teaming Harden. The Mirotic talent comparisons are also interesting thanks.

#26 bernardo

bernardo

Rookie

• Members
      • PipPip
      • 62 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 09:22 PM

Guard Sergio Llull has decided against joining the Rockets in the NBA and will stay with Real Madrid, league source tells Yahoo Sports.

He's not coming over. Again

#27 Davealicious

Davealicious

• Members
        • Pip
        • 12 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 09:57 PM

Guard Sergio Llull has decided against joining the Rockets in the NBA and will stay with Real Madrid, league source tells Yahoo Sports.

He's not coming over. Again

"So Mr. Beverley, if you could sign on this dotted line, that would be great."

So, who's next on the list?  My head is spinning with all the deals that have taken place already.  Trade for Lawson?  Collison?  Rubio?  The ghost of Matt Maloney?

#28 cointurtlemoose

cointurtlemoose

• Members
          • PipPipPip
          • 166 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 01:40 AM

^Rubio's not worth his contract, and can't shoot. Lawson's on the court ability is fine, and I think Denver would be willing to let him go for not much in return (they're eager to start over). But his off-the-court things make me slightly nervous. Collison is meh. Not bad, but honestly, really doesn't strike me as an upgrade over what we have, once you factor in what we'd end up trading for him.

I'd be interested in seeing what Denver wants for Lawson. The PG market is not great this offseason... Maybe pickup Aaron Brooks? He wouldn't cost much, but then again, I'm not sure how much of a difference he would make.

In an ideal world, I'd try to trade for George Hill. But I really don't see that happening, especially with Indy in talks w/Monta.

#29 Davealicious

Davealicious

• Members
            • Pip
            • 12 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 01:53 AM

^ I wasn't particularly thrilled with any of the suggestions I made, save the ghost of Matt Maloney past. I just don't know who is out there (PG-wise) that is realistically attainable that would make a large difference at this point. I know Morey is doing his thing, and I know it's very early in FA, so he's probably donning his SuperGM costume as we speak, but hearing all these moves with little news on our front (other than PatBev and Brew being strongly courted, and the pursuit of some less than impressive names) has me longing for something to happen.
              I'm pretty much ruling out LMA, as though he's good and it'd be better to have him on our side than playing against him, it's good to know we presented well but the mid-range jumper concerns me.

#30 cointurtlemoose

cointurtlemoose

• Members
              • PipPipPip
              • 166 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 06:01 AM

^Haha, I'd totally be down for signing the ghost of Matt Maloney though. Could we get him at the MLE? Do ghosts have that great of a need for currency?

And yeah, idk either really. This class of free agents has a TON of forwards (which we're already stacked on, obvi), but not many PGs. I don't really see any obvious options...

#31 thejohnnygold

thejohnnygold

Veteran

• Moderators
                • 4,116 posts
                • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 02 July 2015 - 01:47 PM

This just means Brandon Jennings is still in play  ;)

I read that Sacramento wants to run a 2-point-guard system which means Collison is out.

Lawson at $12M is starting to look like a deal.  Teams are handing out money like candy on halloween.

Maybe we can pry Jrue Holiday away from New Orleans....sign+trade PBev + T-Jones could get it done.  They already have two other starters who are ball handlers and they need some defense on the wing.   :unsure:

On a side note, I think we should publicly burn Llull's draft rights so that we can put an end to this nonsense with him.  Honestly, why did he ever enter the draft in the first place?

Rodney Stuckey, Aaron Brooks, JJ Barea, Jeremy Lin, Austin Rivers, Gary Neal, Shane Larkin, Alexey Shved, Ish Smith, Andre Miller, Lou Williams, and Will Bynum. are what's left in the UFA pool.  (assuming none of them have signed a huge contract as I typed this)  4 of those guys have been Rockets before....that's not good.  How bad is it when you look at Austin Rivers' name and think, "maybe that could be good..."?

Stuckey and Bynum are both cast-offs from Detroit.  Most of these guys aren't true PG's--they're combo-guards.  There is only one player in that group whose name is readily associated with PG, "creator", or "assists" and that's Old-Man-Miller.  :(

Let's all take a moment to focus our thoughts, energy, prayers--whatever you've got--focus those on Nick Johnson's jumper.  May he gain the ability to make it, the courage to take it, and the wisdom to know when to pass.  In Jordan's name.  Game on.

#32 majik19

majik19

• Members
                • PipPipPip
                • 265 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 02:38 PM

Let's all take a moment to focus our thoughts, energy, prayers--whatever you've got--focus those on Nick Johnson's jumper.  May he gain the ability to make it, the courage to take it, and the wisdom to know when to pass.  In Jordan's name.  Game on.

This probably is our best hope for next year...

Of the listed group, I'd either bank on Shane Larkin's upside or Gary Neal's shooting. I like Stuckey as a defensive player and secondary ball handler, but worry about his shooting. 

With Llull not coming, and a Lawson trade seemingly unlikely, Beverly is starting to look like the best option. We just need to hope for Beverly of 2013, not 2014 (who was a really damn good fit, by the way). 

#33 cointurtlemoose

cointurtlemoose

• Members
                  • PipPipPip
                  • 166 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 03:25 PM

This just means Brandon Jennings is still in play  ;)

Aaaand Greg Monroe just signed with MIL, so maybe DET has need for a big man, ie, Terrence Jones via trade???

I'd be down.

#34 Cooper

Cooper

• Members
                    • PipPipPipPipPip
                    • 1,290 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 03:34 PM

essentially have to keep Beverly now, We won't find a real pg in free agency so if they could get stuckey and just ask him to get buckets whenever Harden is off the floor that might be the best non trade route. Id take him gunning over the confusion and disfunction nightmare our half court offense is without Harden.

If johnson can be an average shooter he's a solid if enough passer that maybe him and DMo could right the ship but thats probably an unreasonable expectation at this point. 

#35 majik19

majik19

• Members
                      • PipPipPip
                      • 265 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 10:12 PM

Aaaand Greg Monroe just signed with MIL, so maybe DET has need for a big man, ie, Terrence Jones via trade???

I'd be down.

They just traded for Marcus Morris... not sure that meets their need, but not sure T Jones does either... 

#36 thejohnnygold

thejohnnygold

Veteran

• Moderators
                        • 4,116 posts
                        • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 02 July 2015 - 10:20 PM

They just traded for Marcus Morris... not sure that meets their need, but not sure T Jones does either... 

They got Ilyasova too...

#37 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

glad you're on board, but I been on this boat since it left

• Members
                        • PipPipPipPipPipPip
                        • 4,119 posts
                        • Locationhouston

Posted 03 July 2015 - 12:05 AM

PATIENCE.........I trust Morey. there is a rabbit in the hat. I don't foresee Morey making a move until we here a decision on LMA, however I don't think the FA pool is where Morey will be looking to feel our PG need. there are more PGs available than what we see. rumors are flying around like flies at a BBQ.

you can only warn a man that the bridge is out.....if he keeps driving he's on his own B)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users