Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  thenit : (03 January 2016 - 06:57 AM) You cant rule out dmo yet. Still not recovered, he was out tonight due to sore back so the back is still an issue. TJ - I have seen enough 2 playoffs and 3 reg seasons
@  Johnny Rocket : (03 January 2016 - 04:01 AM) It turns out that in the big DMO vs. T Jones debate, there was only one right answer: neither.
@  thenit : (03 January 2016 - 03:29 AM) So once again TJones can't defend a good PF, minus 35 after 3 Qs, and Harden not much better with -31. Two of the worst defenders I've seen in a long time ATM
@  Johnny Rocket : (03 January 2016 - 02:10 AM) Maybe we should trade for Kevin Martin as defensive stopper off the bench (snark alert)
@  thenit : (01 January 2016 - 07:23 AM) He has played several games 20 plus minutes, so at this point only getting 6 doesn't make sense
@  Cooper : (01 January 2016 - 05:34 AM) Maybe he isn't in game shape yet, otherwise just doesn't make sense
@  thenit : (01 January 2016 - 02:33 AM) How about not playing Tjones who can't defend. -24 in 14 minutes. Can't understand why motie doesn't get more PT
@  thejohnnygold : (29 December 2015 - 08:46 PM) Don't forget that -40 of those came in 2 of the first 3 games when Dwight didn't play. That skews the relation a wee bit.
@  majik19 : (28 December 2015 - 07:49 PM) Also from Marc Stein's Twitter (and makes you rethink Capela's development so far...): How key is Dwight Howard to Houston's success? Entering Christmas, Rockets were +36 this season with Dwight on floor ... and -80 without him
@  majik19 : (28 December 2015 - 07:47 PM) From Marc Stein's Twitter: James Harden attempted 10 or more 3s in each of his first eight games this season. Since then? 10+ in just three of Houston's last 23 games
@  Mario Peña : (26 December 2015 - 08:44 PM) Tonight is a big test for Harden and company. Amid holiday distractions and on the second night of a back to back can this team bring maximum effort and not play down to the opponent?
@  majik19 : (24 December 2015 - 11:13 PM) In case you didn't see this, today is the anniversary of 13 in 34...
@  Mario Peña : (22 December 2015 - 03:36 PM) LeBron usually hides on weaker offensive opposition, George I cannot speak to and defense has been Leonard's calling card and priority up until this year.
@  SadLakerFan : (22 December 2015 - 04:04 AM) Hey, you guys are above .500! Watched parts of the game. Nice game by Harden tonight. Lots of mental mistakes by a number of players tho.
@  ale11 : (21 December 2015 - 03:38 PM) txtdo1411: I do watch most games. I even stayed up until 3 am watching this one (I'm from Uruguay) to see it. The fact that we need to put Ariza on the best player speaks for itself. LeBron, George, Leonard, they guard the best opponent, you don't hide them. If you are going to hide on defense, at least be efficient on offense like Curry. I love Harden, but he is not trying on D unless it's on ball defense (and not all the time either)
@  majik19 : (20 December 2015 - 03:53 AM) so i didn't watch this game - what the hell happened? Shot only 32% from 3, but still managed to win by 10. Only 15 turnovers? I don't understand this team.
@  txtdo1411 : (18 December 2015 - 10:45 PM) Whoops, I did not realize it was going to swallow the entire shoutbox. My apologies folks!
@  txtdo1411 : (18 December 2015 - 10:45 PM) I always love when posters make comments that point to them clearly not watching the games, or at the very least paying attention. Ale11, here are all of Kobe's scores from last night, care to guess who was guarding him 95% of the time he scored?
@  slick shoes : (18 December 2015 - 07:29 PM) http://espn.go.com/n...driving-arrests
@  slick shoes : (18 December 2015 - 07:28 PM) Lawson's agent feeling out his value to other teams....

Photo

Thoughts for Tonight's Game

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 majik19

majik19

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 03:15 PM

Few random thoughts:

1) I'm guessing JJ Barea will start at PG for Rondo, and Jefferson will start for Parsons. I feel like we did a poor job of letting Barea get into the lane frequently in Game 2, and he has a pretty good floater to compensate for his short stature. Maybe we just let him have that in lieu of crowding off of Ellis, Dirk, or Chandler. I'd like to see Jefferson's man cut him off, if possible. 

2) I wonder how Dallas is going to counter the 4-5 pick and roll and really any play where we go right at Dirk. I would expect Carlisle to force his guards to help and see if we hit our 3s. If we're hitting them, then they'll have no options left. If we're missing, we could be in for a long night. 

3) I wonder if we'll see more Josh Smith tonight. He so thoroughly carved up the Mavs that I wonder if it would be beneficial for him to see 30+ minutes. He clearly illustrated that he is a much better passer than Jones (though we already knew that, but maybe not to that extent). I also wonder if the success from the other night got to his head and we'll see him press for those looks more, creating more turnovers. 

4) I wonder how Dallas is going to try to get their offense going. I feel like Ellis is going to have a 30+ point effort tonight (he missed a lot of makeable shots in Game 2). They've been doing pick n rolls with Ellis and Dirk, and we've been switching Harden onto Dirk - then the ball has been going to Dirk. What if Ellis kept the ball and tried to blow by Jones/Smith? 

5) I wonder when Harden's big night will come... I feel like he is going to have at least one 40 point game in the playoffs. 

#2 JY86er

JY86er

• Members
    • Pip
    • 9 posts
    • LocationHouston, Texas

Posted 24 April 2015 - 07:36 PM

The NBA and playoff coaching in general is very reactionary. They will be dead red on making sure they don't give up all those dunks again by packing the lane and doing everything to not expose Dirk's bad lateral movement again.

They can't stop Harden and so far have had no fear to begin doubling him out high. He's very capable of lighting them up for 40, but it hasn't been necessary. We'll have to see how tonight goes. Games one and two were lessons in the different ways the Rockets can beat you. True, I suspect they will allow the threes and hope the Rockets don't get hot away from Toyota Center, but they are a damaged team and if the Rockets apply the vice grips on defense as the game progresses--they will crack or Carlisle will make another desperate poor decision. Rocket had the 2nd best NBA road record this season. That means even more in the post season.

#3 SadLakerFan

SadLakerFan

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 176 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 08:16 PM

I wouldn't be shocked to see the Mavs win tonight.  But, that would probably be it.  Rockets in 5.  Dirk no longer plays with that sense of desperation that drove him to one of the greatest playoff performances of all time in 2011 - 27.7 pts, on 49% FG, 46% 3PFG, 94% FT. 

#4 majik19

majik19

• Members
      • PipPipPip
      • 338 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 09:25 PM

The NBA and playoff coaching in general is very reactionary. They will be dead red on making sure they don't give up all those dunks again by packing the lane and doing everything to not expose Dirk's bad lateral movement again.

Yeah - I fully expect them to give Ariza, Terry, Brewer, and Prigioni wide open looks behind the arc in tonight's game. I also suspect they will stop double teaming Harden until he gets inside the arc. 

#5 majik19

majik19

• Members
        • PipPipPip
        • 338 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 03:29 AM

That was Dallas's best punch - we took it and won, thanks to Harden's 43. 

Just like I thought, Monte Ellis had his 30 points, Harden had his 40 point game, Dallas walled off the paint the best it could. I didn't see the fastbreak bonanza coming (which is how they jumpstarted their offense). 

#6 cointurtlemoose

cointurtlemoose

• Members
          • PipPipPip
          • 178 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 03:37 AM

Turns out they put Dirk on Ariza most of the night. There were a couple blow-by Ariza penetrations that led to buckets, but much more contained than the damage we did with him guarding a 4.

#7 JY86er

JY86er

• Members
            • Pip
            • 9 posts
            • LocationHouston, Texas

Posted 25 April 2015 - 04:56 AM

Yeah - I fully expect them to give Ariza, Terry, Brewer, and Prigioni wide open looks behind the arc in tonight's game. I also suspect they will stop double teaming Harden until he gets inside the arc.

...and for that he k.o.'ed them. It was a wonderful thing to see. Carlisle really cant figure out where the Rocket's soft spots are now. They've been very diverse in kicking their butts.

#8 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

glad you're on board, but I been on this boat since it left

• Members
            • PipPipPipPipPipPip
            • 4,169 posts
            • Locationhouston

Posted 26 April 2015 - 05:00 PM

revenge is best served cold. I could explain all the ways I dislike anything Dallas or Cuban, but it would take all day :lol: I feel a sweep will satisfy ( temporarily mind you :lol: ) my thirst for BLOOD. I believe we can get the job done. here are just a few reasons I want a sweep,

1. I have had a bad taste in my mouth about the Parsons situation. it's not that he left. I don't begrudge the man for taking the money, it's the instagram all in the club thing with Cuban :lol:

2. Cuban seems to have been trying to pick a fight with us all year. I would pay good money to see his face after a sweep.

3. Dirk is a class act, but can't let him retire without putting the final touches on his HOF resume'

4. and mostly I would love to one up a city who seems to love trying to one us :lol:

if we don't get the sweep I will still be happy for a win in 5, but sweep would be icing on the cake

Edited by rockets best fan, 26 April 2015 - 05:01 PM.

you can only warn a man that the bridge is out.....if he keeps driving he's on his own B)

#9 thejohnnygold

thejohnnygold

Veteran

• Moderators
            • 4,246 posts
            • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 26 April 2015 - 08:44 PM

RBF, you mean this face?

17-mark-cuban-sad-large12.jpg

#10 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

glad you're on board, but I been on this boat since it left

• Members
            • PipPipPipPipPipPip
            • 4,169 posts
            • Locationhouston

Posted 26 April 2015 - 09:34 PM

RBF, you mean this face?

17-mark-cuban-sad-large12.jpg

yea that's the one :lol:

you can only warn a man that the bridge is out.....if he keeps driving he's on his own B)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users