Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Mario Peña : (10 October 2015 - 01:12 PM) If your part if the Red94 Fantasy Basketball League check the thread to vote for the date and time for the draft event. Thanks y'all!
@  jorgeaam : (07 October 2015 - 08:47 PM) Guys we need 1 more owner for the Red94 fantasy league, if interested please comment on the post in the fantasy basketball thread
@  slick shoes : (07 October 2015 - 06:50 PM) Kobe ranked one spot higher than Ariza? Is this based on legacy or...??
@  slick shoes : (07 October 2015 - 04:13 PM) It was hard to keep up with both the Astros and Rockets at the same time. Should be interesting on Thursday with the Texans and Astros on simultaneously.
@  Mario Peña : (07 October 2015 - 04:09 PM) It was fun to have the Rockets on last night! Right now I'm watching the Celtics versus Milan and Alessandro Gentile is impressive.
@  jorgeaam : (06 October 2015 - 07:47 PM) Well, thinking twice about it, I'd rather have him score less and have the team as a whole do better. Lawson should take a lot of his load off
@  jorgeaam : (06 October 2015 - 07:47 PM) Loving that, hope he hits 30 PPG this year
@  thejohnnygold : (06 October 2015 - 06:15 PM) Someone is feeling confident :) : LINK
@  jorgeaam : (06 October 2015 - 05:54 PM) 10 Teams done, will need 2 more
@  Mario Peña : (06 October 2015 - 02:35 PM) Alright guys, if anyone is interested in joining the Red94 fantasy basketball league we could use one more player to get us to 10 teams (or three to get us to 12 teams). Just check the thread in the Fantasy Basketball forum. Thanks!
@  thejohnnygold : (05 October 2015 - 06:23 PM) I use leaguepass here in Austin with no problems...
@  skip 2 my lou : (05 October 2015 - 03:14 PM) Hey fellas, I'm a rocket fan but I live in the heart of Dallas. Does anybody know if I buy NBA Leaguepass if it's too close to be subject to blackouts?
@  Losthief : (02 October 2015 - 02:24 AM) tks jg
@  thejohnnygold : (29 September 2015 - 05:16 AM) FYI, it was media day today. Interviews are up at NBA.com
@  slick shoes : (23 September 2015 - 06:37 PM) kind of late in the day but NBATV is broadcasting classis Rockets games all day today.
@  SadLakerFan : (16 September 2015 - 04:37 AM) Man, as a Laker fan, I'm learning how little you care about the off season when your team sucks. Anyway, a quick moment to remember Moses. Still remember watching the 81 team as a kid - losing record, NBA Finals. I would have cried w/joy if they could have beaten the Celtics.
@  jorgeaam : (15 September 2015 - 08:30 PM) http://bleacherrepor...ist-after-crash
@  jorgeaam : (15 September 2015 - 08:30 PM) So to celebrate his new contract, Montrezl Harrell saved someone's life on monday
@  thejohnnygold : (14 September 2015 - 04:36 PM) A good article from Blinebury talking about when Hakeem and Moses used to play in the park. LINK
@  rockets best... : (14 September 2015 - 02:29 AM) I agree totally. I got to watch his Rocket days and the man was a hell of a player. BIG MO R.I.P.

Photo

Hawks announcers - Rockets shouldnt be so proud of their 3pt shooting because they dont get much layups

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 King's Gambit Accepted

King's Gambit Accepted

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 01:53 PM

For some reeason there wasnt rockets announcers available on my LP premium this time so I listend to hawks annoincers and a cuople comments stuck with me...

They were cheering up whole time for josh smith to take 3s long 2s even when he was hitting them they were happy hes took them...nuf said....

Another thing was they said rockets shouldnt be so proud of taking so many 3pointers because what they should aim for is a lot of layups and shots in the paint...cause this is a true sign of superiority....well I couldnt agree more...

In my humble opinion this game perfectly mirrored how 3 pt shooting is flawed.... when hawks were chucking 3pters they were behind us... the moment they started  attacking the rim more  they prevailed...

#2 thejohnnygold

thejohnnygold

Veteran

• Moderators
    • 4,130 posts
    • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 04 March 2015 - 02:52 PM

Once again, not responding to you, KGA, but anyone who happens across this so that they don't leave here empty handed.

Here is a link to the shot chart from the game: LINK

If you go there and click through by quarter you will see that we took plenty of shots at the rim and Atlanta took plenty of shots from deep.  Now, it might seem insignificant to some, but Millsap and Horford are All-Star talents.  Jeff Teague is lightning fast and excels at getting to the rim.  He has likely taken over Mike Conley's title of most forgotten PG talent in the league.  A PER of 21.6, per game numbers of 17 & 7 (in 31 mpg), and he finishes at 63% around the rim while shooting 5 ft's per game.  His only weakness is 3 pt.%.

Another thing KGA might be overlooking is that free throw disparity and the max value of free throws (which trumps just about everything except a dunk).  Atlanta shot 18-21.  We shot 4-9.  Oh, and no Dwight Howard/James Harden.

#3 Willk

Willk

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 311 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 03:36 PM

For some reeason there wasnt rockets announcers available on my LP premium this time so I listend to hawks annoincers and a cuople comments stuck with me...

They were cheering up whole time for josh smith to take 3s long 2s even when he was hitting them they were happy hes took them...nuf said....

Another thing was they said rockets shouldnt be so proud of taking so many 3pointers because what they should aim for is a lot of layups and shots in the paint...cause this is a true sign of superiority....well I couldnt agree more...

In my humble opinion this game perfectly mirrored how 3 pt shooting is flawed.... when hawks were chucking 3pters they were behind us... the moment they started  attacking the rim more  they prevailed...

KGA - well at least you got half of what the announcers said right. They did say that Atlanta should let Josh Smith shoot 3s, however they never said that Houston should not be proud of shooting 3s. The only thing close to what you claim was said was when they compared 3 point shooting %s. feel free to include a link when you claim announcers say something.

#4 King's Gambit Accepted

King's Gambit Accepted

Rookie

• Members
      • PipPip
      • 52 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 05:32 PM

KGA - well at least you got half of what the announcers said right. They did say that Atlanta should let Josh Smith shoot 3s, however they never said that Houston should not be proud of shooting 3s. The only thing close to what you claim was said was when they compared 3 point shooting %s. feel free to include a link when you claim announcers say something.

can you provide link if you claim my claim is not true? it was  at the begging of the game whoever have LP can listen to it...

#5 Willk

Willk

• Members
        • PipPipPip
        • 311 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 05:37 PM

can you provide link if you claim my claim is not true? it was  at the begging of the game whoever have LP can listen to it...

So you are asking me to provide a link for the whole game? You stated that what you claim is at the beginning of the game, so why not record that little piece and play it for us? That seems more logical right?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users