Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  majik19 : (13 October 2015 - 09:09 PM) Apparently we claimed Arsalan Kazemi off waivers from the Hawks today... yet another undersized (6'7") power forward for Morey's cupboard.
@  Mario Peña : (10 October 2015 - 01:12 PM) If your part if the Red94 Fantasy Basketball League check the thread to vote for the date and time for the draft event. Thanks y'all!
@  jorgeaam : (07 October 2015 - 08:47 PM) Guys we need 1 more owner for the Red94 fantasy league, if interested please comment on the post in the fantasy basketball thread
@  slick shoes : (07 October 2015 - 06:50 PM) Kobe ranked one spot higher than Ariza? Is this based on legacy or...??
@  slick shoes : (07 October 2015 - 04:13 PM) It was hard to keep up with both the Astros and Rockets at the same time. Should be interesting on Thursday with the Texans and Astros on simultaneously.
@  Mario Peña : (07 October 2015 - 04:09 PM) It was fun to have the Rockets on last night! Right now I'm watching the Celtics versus Milan and Alessandro Gentile is impressive.
@  jorgeaam : (06 October 2015 - 07:47 PM) Well, thinking twice about it, I'd rather have him score less and have the team as a whole do better. Lawson should take a lot of his load off
@  jorgeaam : (06 October 2015 - 07:47 PM) Loving that, hope he hits 30 PPG this year
@  thejohnnygold : (06 October 2015 - 06:15 PM) Someone is feeling confident :) : LINK
@  jorgeaam : (06 October 2015 - 05:54 PM) 10 Teams done, will need 2 more
@  Mario Peña : (06 October 2015 - 02:35 PM) Alright guys, if anyone is interested in joining the Red94 fantasy basketball league we could use one more player to get us to 10 teams (or three to get us to 12 teams). Just check the thread in the Fantasy Basketball forum. Thanks!
@  thejohnnygold : (05 October 2015 - 06:23 PM) I use leaguepass here in Austin with no problems...
@  skip 2 my lou : (05 October 2015 - 03:14 PM) Hey fellas, I'm a rocket fan but I live in the heart of Dallas. Does anybody know if I buy NBA Leaguepass if it's too close to be subject to blackouts?
@  Losthief : (02 October 2015 - 02:24 AM) tks jg
@  thejohnnygold : (29 September 2015 - 05:16 AM) FYI, it was media day today. Interviews are up at NBA.com
@  slick shoes : (23 September 2015 - 06:37 PM) kind of late in the day but NBATV is broadcasting classis Rockets games all day today.
@  SadLakerFan : (16 September 2015 - 04:37 AM) Man, as a Laker fan, I'm learning how little you care about the off season when your team sucks. Anyway, a quick moment to remember Moses. Still remember watching the 81 team as a kid - losing record, NBA Finals. I would have cried w/joy if they could have beaten the Celtics.
@  jorgeaam : (15 September 2015 - 08:30 PM) http://bleacherrepor...ist-after-crash
@  jorgeaam : (15 September 2015 - 08:30 PM) So to celebrate his new contract, Montrezl Harrell saved someone's life on monday
@  thejohnnygold : (14 September 2015 - 04:36 PM) A good article from Blinebury talking about when Hakeem and Moses used to play in the park. LINK

Photo

Season Over...Next up the draft!

• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

#81 blakecouey

blakecouey

Red94 Chief of Police

• Moderators
  • 1,567 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 11:35 AM

Getting the guy you want and need most is a good idea, but you dont want to get them so early that you essentially waste the pick, ie. Tim tebow at 23(I think) to the broncos, they couldve gotten him in the second at least. Sorry for the football reference its the most dramatic one on the top of my head. If we want henson zeller or Leonard we don't need to move up to 6, look at the talent at 6-9/10 its projected that maybe, maybe one is drafted top ten. So if our only choice would be one of those three, move up to 10-12 from 14/16 and find a different trade for klow, or move back frim 6 regaining a future pick as well. Id vote moving back from 6 for a 10-12 and a future top 3 protected.

#82 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

glad you're on board, but I been on this boat since it left

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • 4,125 posts
    • Locationhouston

Posted 03 May 2012 - 04:08 PM

blakecouey:
    sure there is talent in that range, but nba teams go gaga over 7 footers. not trading up might mean all the decent big men are off the board by the time we pick. its a risk I am not sure we should take as bad as we need a big man.

you can only warn a man that the bridge is out.....if he keeps driving he's on his own B)

#83 blakecouey

blakecouey

Red94 Chief of Police

• Moderators
    • 1,567 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 05:03 PM

That's why I suggest dropping back to 10-12, you'll still be moving up. Taking one of them at 6 is outrageous, although youre right 7feet tall pulls you up the board itself but at this point none of them are top 10 talents, they all have deficiencies that need to be addressed, and at 10-12 there should be at least two available, if not all three. If they arent and we miss out, there will be superior talent left over at other positions, and we can then address the center position in free agency.

#84 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

• Members
      • PipPipPipPipPipPip
      • 4,125 posts
      • Locationhouston

Posted 03 May 2012 - 07:41 PM

blakecouey:
      I see your point. that's a situation I think is win/win for us.

you can only warn a man that the bridge is out.....if he keeps driving he's on his own B)

#85 Stephen

Stephen

• Members
      • PipPipPip
      • 338 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 07:05 AM

McHale speaks on team needs:
        "Q: What are some of the key personnel issues you need to address in the offseason?
        A: We have to get more playmakers on the perimeter. Too much playmaking was left to Goran (Dragic) or Kyle (Lowry). We have to get more athletic up front. We have to get some more guys who can play above the rim, block shots and be able to run and move with some of the more athletic teams. … We need to play more of an up and down game, which at times, hurt us. We’ve got to get the guys we have better. That’s the least sexy of ways of getting better, but it’s the most sure. In free agency, there’s no assurance you are going to get the guys you want and the draft is such an inexact science, it’s ridiculous."
        http://www.themonito...s/-60571--.html
        From the description of bigs,a strong dark horse who Morey would draft would have to be Henson from NC. Tall,athletic PF type who defnds exceptionally well,runs court,rebounds-and is an upperclassman,which Morey prefers drafting.

#86 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

• Members
        • PipPipPipPipPipPip
        • 4,125 posts
        • Locationhouston

Posted 06 May 2012 - 11:17 PM

I think henson ought to be right out front. he is exactly the type of player who can help us. if he starts to fall in the draft you can bet he want fall further than 14. and leonard want fall pass 16. or vice versa. knowing how morey drafts I will bet he won't pass on them unless someone unexpected falls into his lap.

#87 Stephen

Stephen

• Members
        • PipPipPip
        • 338 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 10:29 AM

While looking up previous Morey Drafts for other use,a couple of things stand out.

While Rahat said he didn't think Morey would keep both Firsts,to date Morey has had 5 Drafts. In '07,'08,'09 and '11 he drafted three players. In '10 he drafted just one.(One shouldn't get too attached to Morey draft picks,of his first 9 only Bud is till on the team,w/Llull not having come over.)

Of the 13 players drafted by Morey,5 have been Seniors,4 Juniors,3 "Foreign" players and 1 Freshman who didn't make it to traing camp before he was traded.
          His bigs were known in College for rebounding and his smalls were known for their offensive abilities(w/Parsons being the oddman out,as he was known more for his all-around game).
          Based on history I'd expect Morey to draft a big who rebounds and a guard who can shoot/score and in all probability they'll be Juniors or Seniors.
          Henson or Zeller is the big I suspect he'll draft(w/Henson being first choice) and I sorta expect Morey to move down in draft to take Jeffrey Tyler and get an early Second and draft one of the SGs that will be there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users