Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  majik19 : (13 October 2015 - 09:09 PM) Apparently we claimed Arsalan Kazemi off waivers from the Hawks today... yet another undersized (6'7") power forward for Morey's cupboard.
@  Mario Peña : (10 October 2015 - 01:12 PM) If your part if the Red94 Fantasy Basketball League check the thread to vote for the date and time for the draft event. Thanks y'all!
@  jorgeaam : (07 October 2015 - 08:47 PM) Guys we need 1 more owner for the Red94 fantasy league, if interested please comment on the post in the fantasy basketball thread
@  slick shoes : (07 October 2015 - 06:50 PM) Kobe ranked one spot higher than Ariza? Is this based on legacy or...??
@  slick shoes : (07 October 2015 - 04:13 PM) It was hard to keep up with both the Astros and Rockets at the same time. Should be interesting on Thursday with the Texans and Astros on simultaneously.
@  Mario Peña : (07 October 2015 - 04:09 PM) It was fun to have the Rockets on last night! Right now I'm watching the Celtics versus Milan and Alessandro Gentile is impressive.
@  jorgeaam : (06 October 2015 - 07:47 PM) Well, thinking twice about it, I'd rather have him score less and have the team as a whole do better. Lawson should take a lot of his load off
@  jorgeaam : (06 October 2015 - 07:47 PM) Loving that, hope he hits 30 PPG this year
@  thejohnnygold : (06 October 2015 - 06:15 PM) Someone is feeling confident :) : LINK
@  jorgeaam : (06 October 2015 - 05:54 PM) 10 Teams done, will need 2 more
@  Mario Peña : (06 October 2015 - 02:35 PM) Alright guys, if anyone is interested in joining the Red94 fantasy basketball league we could use one more player to get us to 10 teams (or three to get us to 12 teams). Just check the thread in the Fantasy Basketball forum. Thanks!
@  thejohnnygold : (05 October 2015 - 06:23 PM) I use leaguepass here in Austin with no problems...
@  skip 2 my lou : (05 October 2015 - 03:14 PM) Hey fellas, I'm a rocket fan but I live in the heart of Dallas. Does anybody know if I buy NBA Leaguepass if it's too close to be subject to blackouts?
@  Losthief : (02 October 2015 - 02:24 AM) tks jg
@  thejohnnygold : (29 September 2015 - 05:16 AM) FYI, it was media day today. Interviews are up at NBA.com
@  slick shoes : (23 September 2015 - 06:37 PM) kind of late in the day but NBATV is broadcasting classis Rockets games all day today.
@  SadLakerFan : (16 September 2015 - 04:37 AM) Man, as a Laker fan, I'm learning how little you care about the off season when your team sucks. Anyway, a quick moment to remember Moses. Still remember watching the 81 team as a kid - losing record, NBA Finals. I would have cried w/joy if they could have beaten the Celtics.
@  jorgeaam : (15 September 2015 - 08:30 PM) http://bleacherrepor...ist-after-crash
@  jorgeaam : (15 September 2015 - 08:30 PM) So to celebrate his new contract, Montrezl Harrell saved someone's life on monday
@  thejohnnygold : (14 September 2015 - 04:36 PM) A good article from Blinebury talking about when Hakeem and Moses used to play in the park. LINK

Photo

Rockets Roundup: 01/07/2015

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Red94

Red94

• Administrators
  • 1,415 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 02:20 AM

New post: Rockets Roundup: 01/07/2015
    By: Kevin Kim

A quick and digestible look at the most top-of-mind Rockets news of the past few days.

Grantland. The Future of Basketball Is Here, and It Looks A Lot Like James Harden.

As of today, James Harden is the leading scorer in the NBA and the most important offensive force on a team in the thick of the Western Conference title race. He’s a legitimate MVP candidate, quite clearly the best shooting guard in the league. And yet, he’s more than that. Those plaudits only scratch the surface of what he’s doing this season...

Houston Chronicle. Struggles down the stretch worry Rockets more than free throw absence in loss to Bulls.

A day after the Rockets lamented so rarely getting to the line in the loss to the Bulls, when they made just three of five free throws to barely exceed the franchise records for fewest made and taken in a game, they pointed instead to their shortcomings down the stretch...

NBA.com. James Harden Earns Western Player Conference of the Month Honors.

Houston Rockets guard James Harden was named today by the NBA as Western Conference Player of the Month for games played in Dec., 2014. It marks the first time Harden has won the award and only the 12th time in Rockets franchise history an individual has won Western Conference Player of the Month honors.  This marks the first time a Houston Rocket has won the award since Yao Ming received the honor in Jan., 2008.

#2 Losthief

Losthief

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 475 posts
    • LocationHouston

Posted 08 January 2015 - 05:59 AM

New post: Rockets Roundup: 01/07/2015
    By: Kevin Kim

A quick and digestible look at the most top-of-mind Rockets news of the past few days.

Grantland. The Future of Basketball Is Here, and It Looks A Lot Like James Harden.

As of today, James Harden is the leading scorer in the NBA and the most important offensive force on a team in the thick of the Western Conference title race. He’s a legitimate MVP candidate, quite clearly the best shooting guard in the league. And yet, he’s more than that. Those plaudits only scratch the surface of what he’s doing this season...

Houston Chronicle. Struggles down the stretch worry Rockets more than free throw absence in loss to Bulls.

A day after the Rockets lamented so rarely getting to the line in the loss to the Bulls, when they made just three of five free throws to barely exceed the franchise records for fewest made and taken in a game, they pointed instead to their shortcomings down the stretch...

NBA.com. James Harden Earns Western Player Conference of the Month Honors.

Houston Rockets guard James Harden was named today by the NBA as Western Conference Player of the Month for games played in Dec., 2014. It marks the first time Harden has won the award and only the 12th time in Rockets franchise history an individual has won Western Conference Player of the Month honors.  This marks the first time a Houston Rocket has won the award since Yao Ming received the honor in Jan., 2008.

you should delete my post here (about the grantland article) as yours is more comprehensive and well....mines now redundant lol.

(http://www.red94.net...it-about-morey/)

thanks

LoSTHieF

I'd Rather Be Lucky Than Skilled

#3 rocketrick

rocketrick

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 1,865 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 04:12 PM

I know, all of us clicked on that link, and well, it just didn't work.

So I, at least, am kind of confused (is that the proper word?)..............

#4 thejohnnygold

thejohnnygold

Veteran

• Moderators
      • 4,134 posts
      • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 08 January 2015 - 04:14 PM

I know, all of us clicked on that link, and well, it just didn't work.

So I, at least, am kind of confused (is that the proper word?)..............

This is the LINK Losthief is referring to.  I deleted the thread as he requested which is why his link no longer works.

#5 rocketrick

rocketrick

• Members
      • PipPipPipPipPip
      • 1,865 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 04:20 PM

I've already voted James Harden for the All Star Team at least 25-30 times and will continue doing so going forward....

#6 Mario Peña

Mario Peña

Officer

• Moderators
        • 2,309 posts
        • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 08 January 2015 - 08:03 PM

So considering all the value and statistical advantages Harden provides how many MVP's do y'all think he wins? I say he will get one MVP in his career.
        How sweet it is!

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users