Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  majik19 : (25 October 2015 - 08:26 PM) also read the Zach Lowe article - he's definitely drinking the kool-aid, and for good reason! I don't know if we're the biggest regular season threat (howard's health), but I think we are in the playoffs.
@  majik19 : (25 October 2015 - 08:25 PM) Sad about Saunders... seems sudden, though I knew he had fought on and off with cancer.
@  jorgeaam : (25 October 2015 - 06:41 PM) RIP Flip Saunders, sad day for basketball
@  YaoMan : (23 October 2015 - 04:49 PM) Zach Lowe seems to think the Rox are the biggest threat to GSW: http://grantland.com...-16-nba-season/
@  cointurtlemoose : (23 October 2015 - 04:36 PM) Hey if yall want a good podcast to listen to, find the Dunc'd On Basketball Podcast on Itunes, Rahat just did a Rockets preview with the host.
@  majik19 : (13 October 2015 - 09:09 PM) Apparently we claimed Arsalan Kazemi off waivers from the Hawks today... yet another undersized (6'7") power forward for Morey's cupboard.
@  Mario Peña : (10 October 2015 - 01:12 PM) If your part if the Red94 Fantasy Basketball League check the thread to vote for the date and time for the draft event. Thanks y'all!
@  jorgeaam : (07 October 2015 - 08:47 PM) Guys we need 1 more owner for the Red94 fantasy league, if interested please comment on the post in the fantasy basketball thread
@  slick shoes : (07 October 2015 - 06:50 PM) Kobe ranked one spot higher than Ariza? Is this based on legacy or...??
@  slick shoes : (07 October 2015 - 04:13 PM) It was hard to keep up with both the Astros and Rockets at the same time. Should be interesting on Thursday with the Texans and Astros on simultaneously.
@  Mario Peña : (07 October 2015 - 04:09 PM) It was fun to have the Rockets on last night! Right now I'm watching the Celtics versus Milan and Alessandro Gentile is impressive.
@  jorgeaam : (06 October 2015 - 07:47 PM) Well, thinking twice about it, I'd rather have him score less and have the team as a whole do better. Lawson should take a lot of his load off
@  jorgeaam : (06 October 2015 - 07:47 PM) Loving that, hope he hits 30 PPG this year
@  thejohnnygold : (06 October 2015 - 06:15 PM) Someone is feeling confident :) : LINK
@  jorgeaam : (06 October 2015 - 05:54 PM) 10 Teams done, will need 2 more
@  Mario Peña : (06 October 2015 - 02:35 PM) Alright guys, if anyone is interested in joining the Red94 fantasy basketball league we could use one more player to get us to 10 teams (or three to get us to 12 teams). Just check the thread in the Fantasy Basketball forum. Thanks!
@  thejohnnygold : (05 October 2015 - 06:23 PM) I use leaguepass here in Austin with no problems...
@  skip 2 my lou : (05 October 2015 - 03:14 PM) Hey fellas, I'm a rocket fan but I live in the heart of Dallas. Does anybody know if I buy NBA Leaguepass if it's too close to be subject to blackouts?
@  Losthief : (02 October 2015 - 02:24 AM) tks jg
@  thejohnnygold : (29 September 2015 - 05:16 AM) FYI, it was media day today. Interviews are up at NBA.com

Photo

On Patrick Beverley, the Pelicans pick, 60 wins

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#21 clydesmoustache

clydesmoustache

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 09:31 AM

Why would dragic resign in Houston if traded here? I know we are a different team than when he was last here but didn't he kind of shaft us? My memory might be wrong but werent the rockets keen to give him the keys to the team but he demanded $10 mill a year (which in retrospect is now a bargain) and then signed with phoenix for much less. Which meant we got stuck with an overhyped backup pg from nyc for two years? I am all in with Bev with Cannan as backup at Pg.

#22 thejohnnygold

thejohnnygold

Veteran

• Moderators
    • 4,137 posts
    • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 10 December 2014 - 04:34 PM

Why would dragic resign in Houston if traded here? I know we are a different team than when he was last here but didn't he kind of shaft us? My memory might be wrong but werent the rockets keen to give him the keys to the team but he demanded $10 mill a year (which in retrospect is now a bargain) and then signed with phoenix for much less. Which meant we got stuck with an overhyped backup pg from nyc for two years? I am all in with Bev with Cannan as backup at Pg.

It was over the number of years in the contract--Morey wanted 3 and Dragic wanted more.  The money was roughly the same.

Dragic is on record (recently) as still being fond of McHale and Houston's front office (from GM to trainers) seems to be universally liked because they genuinely care about each player's development, betterment, and success and invest in it financially, in time, and in manpower.  They shoot 'em straight and treat them fairly.  What more can a person ask for in a hyper competitive market like that?

Once again, we are back in the same conversation we've been having....what does it cost to get Dragic?  Some seem to think Phoenix will hand him over cheap out of the goodness of their hearts.  I just don't see it happening that way and think that waiting until free agency this Summer is a wiser move.  Yes, there will be more competition for his services, but I think he is ready to take the next step (which is contending for a title) and there are not many teams who fit that description and want to upgrade PG.

Right now, I'd guess Dallas and Houston are the only teams that are contenders, want a PG, can give him the starting spot, and pay him in the $12M+ range.  That's free agency competition.  Trade competition would be much higher with teams like Detroit (Monroe, J.Smith, and Jennings are available), Indiana (quality 3&D back up PG Hill plus this year's first rounder, which should be good, plus maybe they take Scola back for the remainder of his last year to give some depth at PF), LA, and others I'm sure.

I just don't know what Phoenix wants....they're locked in with the Morris twins.  They've got two young centers they are developing.  They've got young PG's.  Even SG is pretty much locked down with Bledsoe/Tucker/Green.  The odds are they are looking for multiple first rounders which are going to be tougher to come by.  Teams with good ones are not likely to give them up since Dragic will likely not re-sign after this season with a cellar dweller and Phoenix doesn't want our #30 picks once they trade Dragic to us  ;) .

Eh, the more I think about it the more I think this is an off season thing and no trade for Dragic is coming.  If they'll take Canaan, Daniels, and the pellies pick then maybe, but does anyone think that gets the deal done?   :unsure:

Of course, this doesn't even consider whether or not the move is the "right" move.  It's certainly intriguing on paper, but it's not like our PG position has been a black hole for us.  How much better does Dragic actually make us and will that be enough because once he re-signs we're locked in to that core, more or less.

Does anyone ever wonder if Morey and crew sometimes just sit back with NBA 2K14 and shuffle rosters, play them for a bit, and see how they work?  I bet they do.  :)

#23 Sir Thursday

Sir Thursday

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 1,188 posts
    • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 10 December 2014 - 06:30 PM

Does anyone ever wonder if Morey and crew sometimes just sit back with NBA 2K14 and shuffle rosters, play them for a bit, and see how they work?  I bet they do.  :)

Nah, they'll have built their own, superior simulation. There's a reason they've got an enormous analytics department :P.

ST

#24 redfaithful

redfaithful

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 211 posts
    • LocationIsrael

Posted 10 December 2014 - 08:30 PM

Interesting Wojnarowski report on the Lin trade exception:

http://sports.yahoo....-202526796.html

#25 Losthief

Losthief

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 475 posts
    • LocationHouston

Posted 10 December 2014 - 09:22 PM

it was also over the fact dragic wanted a player option (and got one with pho) and for morey thats a no go in the same theme as parsons trade kicker.

LoSTHieF

I'd Rather Be Lucky Than Skilled

#26 thejohnnygold

thejohnnygold

Veteran

• Moderators
    • 4,137 posts
    • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 10 December 2014 - 10:47 PM

Interesting Wojnarowski report on the Lin trade exception:

http://sports.yahoo....-202526796.html

Well, that makes sense; although, they did say the same thing last year about trading Asik.

Guys who are likely on their list (many of which have been mentioned before)

Ilyasova

Mike Scott (from Atlanta who is currently in front of Adreian Payne of MSU on the depth chart and they might want to make room)

Marvin Williams (Charlotte might want to make a move since things aren't working out)

Bismack Biyombo (same as above, but less likely as we already have guys with his skill set)

Taj Gibson (this isn't happening, but the money works...we'd have to give up some goodies to get this done...which defeats the purpose of the TPE)

Nikola Mirotic (again, not sure if he's even available and would likely cost us goodies to get him)

Tristan Thompson (hmmmmm, they need a defensive center and Thompson is stuck behind Love on the depth chart...send them Dorsey?)

JJ Hickson

Brandon Jennings ( :o  I know, not popular in these parts.  Yet, he gets to the rim and shoots decent from deep (41% in the corners).  HE takes nearly a third of his shots from mid-range and is miserable %-wise from there.  If the Rockets thought they could reign him in he could be a steal and can be that 2nd creator everyone wants--doesn't solve our need for a big)

Al Harrington/Glen Davis (neither appeals to me, but they fit the need)

Patrick Patterson (this is interesting...)

Trevor Booker (meh....)

Kris Humphries

This list is just some names--many of these guys are likely not available--aside from Jennings I didn't really include wing players/guards.  I don't know...the more I think about it the more I think they are just shaking the trees to see if anything good falls out.  Unless this is a signal that Jones' injury could be long-term.  I hope not.

#27 clydesmoustache

clydesmoustache

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 144 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 11:21 PM

Thanks guys this makes sense now!

#28 Jatman20

Jatman20

• Members
      • PipPipPip
      • 222 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 02:34 AM

Dragic shoots 59.5 eFG % on catch-and-shoots according to an article I read....so in theory he could play off Harden where Lin could not (lin could never understand the role of spot up shooter.....funny Lin recently reported Houston had the ideal system for him and that LA is not running that system; Really!!!!). So many young players on our team needing minutes when the starters come back. DMo last i checked had a PER of 12.4 which he is improving.....but T Jones had a PER of 19.4 in the few games he played in; which is up from his 19.1 last season. Keep in mind bosh posted a 19.0 PER last year as the third option behind Wade and LeBron. How severe is T J's injury?? How can we get a commitment from a player without tampering? Love let it be know through the media he would be willing to sign an extension with Cleveland if they trade for him (Still to be determined). How is that not tampering? Can we get Dragic or Monroe to do the same?

Position by position: Too much talent at PG with Beverley (FA to be...we saw how that worked with Parsons-Gone) Canaan,The Jet, Nick. Uncertain what keeps Bev or a Dragic in Houston. SG needs depth. SF I'm ok with Ariza, Papa and Garcia has bird rights- has to ok deal/trade.
        PF Big question....I think the healthy TJ can sport a plus 20 PER making him the third superstar (role players are sporting an under 20 PER IMO -tongue in cheek off of reports in the summer; but is he healthy. I'm sure there will be some muscle atrophy going on with this nerve problem.....how will that injury turn out? You have me sold on DMo somewhat. First Memphis game was in Memphis and almost everyone had problems, DMo 6 points. DMo did better the 2nd meeting...but Black said in an interview after the game he played Z Bo during the game, that he was use to working out with Z Bo in the off seasons in Memphis. Blake Griffin scored 30 points in 30 minutes in the Nov 28th meeting....DMo scored 6 points. Is DMo playing center or PF or both? Can he guard PF's out on the peremiter? Center D12 , DMo Black and Dorsey.

Would a second place team such as Atlanta wheel and deal ?? Looks like a second place team in Houston is looking to wheel and deal; but I digress.....

I would be content to get Corey Brewer with the Lin exception and 2nd round pick (hear Min wants a 1st rounder). Corey would provide depth at SG and SF.....leaking out and providing easy fast break points while giving us a defender who blocks shots and rebounds and steals. In the playoffs fast break points are at a minimum; but Corey goes from 10 points a game for his career in the regular season to about 6 points per game in the playoffs. That's sufficient for our needs. Then go after Monroe; 6'11" center/power forward. A couple of current players become casualties: Capela? Black (poor FT shooter)? Dorsey (even worse FT shooter)? TJ? DMo? Monroe covers two positions.....get Jerberko (spelling?) also in the deal and we may be able to send Garcia (with his ok.....Aaron Brooks helped us out last year in a trade by giving his ok). Morey will work his magic and probably find someone off a bottom feeder that I haven't thought about.

Edited by Jatman20, 11 December 2014 - 02:41 AM.

#29 jorgeaam

jorgeaam

• Members
        • PipPipPip
        • 409 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 04:27 AM

Who likes Kirilenko? We could possibly get him as a FA, he was traded to the 76ers this morning and probably will be waived

As for the trade exception, I think some of this guys might also help

Brandon Bass (Veteran, playing on a rebuilding team, on the last year of his $6.9 Mill contract, sounds like the kind of player who would be traded)

Mirza Teletovic (Brooklyn looks to be on fire-sale mode, and Teletovic is also on an expiring $3 Mill contract, he can shoot 3's and is 6'9)

Darrell Arthur (Very underrated, he has a very nice mid range game, and is also on an expiring contract in Denver's clogged rotation)

Luis Scola (I know Houston amnestied him so I don't know if he could be traded here, but he is also on an expiring contract)

Ronny Turiaf (Would be a great backup C/PF)

Kendrick Perkins (He wouldn't fit the exception ($9.1 mill contract), but he could be an enforcer when Dwight's not playing, he also has been in three finals already (being the starting center in two) so he knows what the playoffs take)

Kevin Seraphin (The Wiz already have Nene, Gortat, Humphries and Dejuan Blair under contract for next year, so I don't think they would be bringing him back either way)

Edited by jorgeaam, 11 December 2014 - 04:28 AM.

Champion of the 2014-15 Red94 Fantasy Basketball League :D

#30 thenit

thenit

Advanced Member

• Members
          • PipPipPipPip
          • 671 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 05:22 AM

@jatman

Just comparing PER is not a good argument. PER is flawed but its an indication that Jones is fairly efficient, however that comes as a 4th option last year and this year its only for a few games. Thats not an indicator that he is a third superstar, because if he is a superstar, you could slot him in most teams and he would produce for example 20 10 as a primary or secondary scorer. His D is eye catching but he is fairly poor as a help defender and PnR defender. Also he is fairly weak post defender due to his size

Regarding DMO defence, if you watch the game, he did well against Memphis and Griffin. The times he sat on the bench were the times those players feasted on the other bigs.

Edited by thenit, 11 December 2014 - 05:25 AM.

#31 Steven

Steven

Veteran

• Members
            • PipPipPipPipPipPip
            • 2,008 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 07:48 AM

Greg Monroe will not be traded this year. He loses his Bird-rights if he is traded. Therefore the Rockets or any other team over the cap who trades for him, could only extend him at the Mid-Level Exception. If he plays out the year, then he can work a sign-and-trade to any team who is over the cap.

#32 Jatman20

Jatman20

• Members
              • PipPipPip
              • 222 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 02:04 AM

@Thenitnow

The PER is the basis for judging most players with 15 being average in the NBA. It's not the gospel; but you use it with other stats and ratings. Morey is big on analytics and judges players on such stats. Parsons PER of 14 was not worthy of the salary offered this offseason for example. A PER for a third scoring option player is good; as evidence of Bosh being third behind LeBron and Wade last year and sporting a PER of 19 and now being the go to guy this year and sporting a PER of 22....I mention Bosh because he was regarded as a third superstar and our organization repeatedly claims to be looking for the third superstar......perhaps he is already with our team? Who knows with this injury? I have said over and over again what T Jones -he just needs more time playing vs the players in the league....learning their favorite moves and counter-moves. I like DMo as our backup center. Might be best to trade D12 and start DMo.....but that's not going to happen. Right now the Rockets will sit Canaan and Nick while playing Beverley and Terry....unfortunatel!! We released Covington so he could prosper on another team.....and he is with Philly. Fact in the NBA is sometimes players need to move on to succeed or improve. It's best to trade a budding star(s) to the Eastern Conference. Covington or DMo? T Jones? Canaan? Beverley? Asik to a division rival stinks to me. They can't get T Evans and Gordon in stride with that great front court.....but next year they may get the pieces and some depth. That is why I don't wish to waste the second year of the Harden/D12 matching. The big three in Miami got to the finals in the first year......the clock is ticking on us. The Heat had to reform due to the excessive contracts. We can't wait to teach our young guys....at least not all of them. Some names to consider: Xavier Henry-Lakers if he can come back from injury ( I admit I don't know what his injury is), Gerald Henderson
                -Hornets and possibly bringing back Jordan Hill - Lakers.

Beverley or Canaan, and or Papanikolaou would be allowed to prosper elsewhere. Hate to lose Papanikolaou; but his contract is needed to make most deals we are looking for.....SG depth and PF experience.

#33 Jatman20

Jatman20

• Members
                • PipPipPip
                • 222 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 02:17 AM

Ok Henry is out for season with Achilles injury.

#34 thenit

thenit

Advanced Member

• Members
                  • PipPipPipPip
                  • 671 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 02:44 AM

PER is an indicator and as you said with eye test and other stats you can get a good picture. Comparing Bosh to Jones is just not a good comparison. Bosh was already a superstar. Look at Kobe who sports a 20 PER but because of his usage he gets that high. He shoots poorly below 40% most of his stats are below average for his usage, but he still has a high PER. There are many other players in the 18-20. Speights has a 25 PER and he is a very good player but he is no superstar. Jones may become one in the future, but I don't see the comparison to Bosh.

#35 Losthief

Losthief

• Members
                    • PipPipPip
                    • 475 posts
                    • LocationHouston

Posted 12 December 2014 - 07:31 PM

I believe we are still paying scola...so we can't sign/trade for him. Yep, last year of it this year....so next season maybe.

LoSTHieF

I'd Rather Be Lucky Than Skilled

#36 Jatman20

Jatman20

• Members
                    • PipPipPip
                    • 222 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 10:49 PM

The PER takes in to account some of the pertinent stats out there. There was about 43 guys sporting a PER of 20 and above (subtract Harden and Howard). Of the 41 players remaining we won't look at: Brandon Wright (PER 26), Speights (PER 25), Kyle O'Quinn (24), Rudy Gobert (22),
                      K-Mart (21), Stoudamire (21), Shabazz (20)......That leaves 34 guys the Rockets would gladly take. The point is Terrence is just starting to learn the NBA and the numbers exhibit high ceiling potential. Idk what year you are getting TJ's defensive outlook from....last year TJ was a DRtg of 105 and he struggled, while this year in 4 games was sporting a DRtg of 98 and playing good defense. Small sample size?? Like someone telling me DMo is/was shooting 40% from 3 point land in the last 8 games. Ariza was shooting about 56% from 3 point land the first 8 games.....now how is he shooting from 3's.

Teams would see T Jones as damaged goods right now anyway.....wouldn't pass a physical.

I swear D-Mo fans are starting to look like Lin fans.

Edited by Jatman20, 13 December 2014 - 10:52 PM.

#37 Jatman20

Jatman20

• Members
                      • PipPipPip
                      • 222 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 11:02 PM

Right losthief.....you got my joke. Bring back all the former Rockets (Jordan Hill). Henderson would be a player to turn around and trade at the trading deadline because we need a sizable contract to trade for a good player. I don't want to mention Melo and his contract. Report Thunder looking at Wilson Chandler......I believe they have the right idea. Player(s) to shore up weak spots or depth. Jordan Hill has a team option next season.....money off the books paired with an increase in the salary cap that would help go after the prized free agent.

Edited by Jatman20, 13 December 2014 - 11:03 PM.

#38 thenit

thenit

Advanced Member

• Members
                        • PipPipPipPip
                        • 671 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 12:10 AM

I don't think anyone has said that Jones is damaged goods. But we disagree on his ceiling. I think Dmo's skillset and size makes me believe he has a higher ceiling. His shot and release are better than Jones that with time I can see him shooting higher percentage than Jones. Jones release are slow and ballhandling for a PF is not really needed unless its on a fastbreak. Jones makes spectacular swats but beside that he is not as good defensively. His ratings has come with Dwight next to him and DMo has done it without any help inside. Dmo is no beast but he has played better D in the past 1,25 seasons. Jones has a slight edge in consistency but neither of them has done it for a long period.

PER is just a stat and doesn't give you the whole picture as any stat. There are tons of players with lower PER that Rockets would trade straight up for Jones. Like I said Kobe shoots less than 40% 30 on 3s and turnovers etc. He still sports a over 20 PER. Its also easier to have a higher PER if you finish around the rim a lot. A lot of big men with a lot of dunks and lay ins inside the paint with rebounding inflates their numbers. All that said Jones is efficient and very good at offense.

#39 thejohnnygold

thejohnnygold

Veteran

• Moderators
                          • 4,137 posts
                          • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 14 December 2014 - 04:03 PM

The PER takes in to account some of the pertinent stats out there. There was about 43 guys sporting a PER of 20 and above (subtract Harden and Howard). Of the 41 players remaining we won't look at: Brandon Wright (PER 26), Speights (PER 25), Kyle O'Quinn (24), Rudy Gobert (22),
                          K-Mart (21), Stoudamire (21), Shabazz (20)......That leaves 34 guys the Rockets would gladly take. The point is Terrence is just starting to learn the NBA and the numbers exhibit high ceiling potential. Idk what year you are getting TJ's defensive outlook from....last year TJ was a DRtg of 105 and he struggled, while this year in 4 games was sporting a DRtg of 98 and playing good defense. Small sample size?? Like someone telling me DMo is/was shooting 40% from 3 point land in the last 8 games. Ariza was shooting about 56% from 3 point land the first 8 games.....now how is he shooting from 3's.

Teams would see T Jones as damaged goods right now anyway.....wouldn't pass a physical.

I swear D-Mo fans are starting to look like Lin fans.

Take it out of context.  That's fine.  Blow it out of proportion.  That's fine too.  Compare me to a Lin fan (exactly what kind of insult is that supposed to be, sir?)  Fine.

You come in here talking like we don't know our stuff.  Oh, we should panic, ditch our guys and go after Xavier Henry, Gerald Henderson, and Jordan Hill?  You even go so far as to say we should trade D-12 and just run with D-Mo (despite mocking others for being excited about his development).  You are pining for Robert Covington--why?  Because he's putting up numbers on a bad team?  Nice talent evaluation you're doing here.  Does defense matter to you?  I'm guessing no since you are a PER fan (which also cares little about defense).

You're worried about the Pellies getting better and closing our window so we should trade all our depth for, apparently, those guys above and that's going to get us to a championship past the other 7 teams which are also ridiculously good in the WC?  I'm guessing you liked the Barkley trade too.  (it's ok, lots of people do)

According to your PER evaluation, Tyler Zeller is a potential 3rd star for us and we should trade for him.  Louis Williams too?  What about the SG's on that list?  You trading Harden?  Does fit, position, or contract matter to you at all?  Well, it does for most of us.  You seem hell-bent on getting any three stars (based off of PER???) no matter what.  Good luck with that.  Many teams have tried and, as I said recently, unless one of them is named LeBron it hasn't worked out for any of the others (except the Celtics for one season with the bonus of having Rondo to make it a foursome).

The point is it's fine to voice your opinions, but you should be careful about condescending the opinions of others.  Perhaps other people find some of your views to be.....lacking as well.

I'm curious what you think of certain players' PER:

Enes Kanter:     18.95

Kawhi Leonard: 18.68

I guess Kanter is better, eh?  I know you dismissed any criticism of your evaluations by saying it needs other stats, the eye test, and even crammed Morey into your corner by reminding us that he likes, and uses, analytics (what???? Nooooooooooooo!!! :rolleyes: ).  OMG!!!  You're just like Daryl Morey!!!   :wub:  Yet, after all that you blindly roll along (as so many do) using PER as the basis for your thinking.  OK then, good luck with that.  Let's look at more PER numbers...you know, for potential trades to make our team better than it already is.

Ooooh, look!  JJ Barea (18.65 PER).  He must be better than all of our PG's.  Heck, he's better than Derrick Rose (18.57), Ty Lawson (18.38), and Goran Dragic (17.26) just to name a few.  The longer one looks at that list the more one realizes that it is completely benign.  It's misuse, unfortunately, can easily be described as malignant (literally and figuratively).

We could do this all day, but I think the point is clear.  I think the kind of meddling you want to do with this team would not only turn us into a mid-tier 9th seed this season, but would likely set the franchise back 5 years (minimum) in the process.  Of course, PER does not support my opinion.  Since T-Jones' PER doesn't qualify (only 4 games), Houston only has 3 players above 15 on the PER list (and one of those is Beverley with a 15.21).  Yet, all these sub-standard players are winning...a lot.  These players are besting their peers on the court on a nightly basis.  But hey, PER says the other guys are better so we should swap for them, right?

Strangely, Wilson Chandler and his 14.23 PER are the exception for you.  How does this work exactly?  Oh, if you think it then it's ok, but if someone else does they're being irrational.  Please, show some respect for the the rest of us and we will gladly afford you, and your views, the same.

#40 SadLakerFan

SadLakerFan

• Members
                          • PipPipPip
                          • 172 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 04:53 AM

Very interesting article.  I think Bev is the right PG for this team.  I think that the bigger needs, for playoff purposes, are defense at the 4 and a back up wing.  It would be nice if he play a bit more controlled, which would give him a better shot at staying healthy.  I am afraid you guys will see regression to the mean on 3P%, but on the bright side, on FT% as well, as he is an excellent FT shooter (FYI, in 21 games Rondo has made 11 free throws in 34 attempts). 

In case anyone is interested (and I realize that is unlikely), the Lakers have now won three in a row.  At 8-16, they have the 9th worst record in the NBA and seem to be intent on giving that 1st round pick to Phoenix (protected top 5 only).  Lin fans dominating the forums, all up in arms over his benching (unless the Lakers are tanking, they're probably right; Ronnie Price is terrible).  Franchise in shambles.  Sigh . . . . .

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users