Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  majik19 : (13 October 2015 - 09:09 PM) Apparently we claimed Arsalan Kazemi off waivers from the Hawks today... yet another undersized (6'7") power forward for Morey's cupboard.
@  Mario Peña : (10 October 2015 - 01:12 PM) If your part if the Red94 Fantasy Basketball League check the thread to vote for the date and time for the draft event. Thanks y'all!
@  jorgeaam : (07 October 2015 - 08:47 PM) Guys we need 1 more owner for the Red94 fantasy league, if interested please comment on the post in the fantasy basketball thread
@  slick shoes : (07 October 2015 - 06:50 PM) Kobe ranked one spot higher than Ariza? Is this based on legacy or...??
@  slick shoes : (07 October 2015 - 04:13 PM) It was hard to keep up with both the Astros and Rockets at the same time. Should be interesting on Thursday with the Texans and Astros on simultaneously.
@  Mario Peña : (07 October 2015 - 04:09 PM) It was fun to have the Rockets on last night! Right now I'm watching the Celtics versus Milan and Alessandro Gentile is impressive.
@  jorgeaam : (06 October 2015 - 07:47 PM) Well, thinking twice about it, I'd rather have him score less and have the team as a whole do better. Lawson should take a lot of his load off
@  jorgeaam : (06 October 2015 - 07:47 PM) Loving that, hope he hits 30 PPG this year
@  thejohnnygold : (06 October 2015 - 06:15 PM) Someone is feeling confident :) : LINK
@  jorgeaam : (06 October 2015 - 05:54 PM) 10 Teams done, will need 2 more
@  Mario Peña : (06 October 2015 - 02:35 PM) Alright guys, if anyone is interested in joining the Red94 fantasy basketball league we could use one more player to get us to 10 teams (or three to get us to 12 teams). Just check the thread in the Fantasy Basketball forum. Thanks!
@  thejohnnygold : (05 October 2015 - 06:23 PM) I use leaguepass here in Austin with no problems...
@  skip 2 my lou : (05 October 2015 - 03:14 PM) Hey fellas, I'm a rocket fan but I live in the heart of Dallas. Does anybody know if I buy NBA Leaguepass if it's too close to be subject to blackouts?
@  Losthief : (02 October 2015 - 02:24 AM) tks jg
@  thejohnnygold : (29 September 2015 - 05:16 AM) FYI, it was media day today. Interviews are up at NBA.com
@  slick shoes : (23 September 2015 - 06:37 PM) kind of late in the day but NBATV is broadcasting classis Rockets games all day today.
@  SadLakerFan : (16 September 2015 - 04:37 AM) Man, as a Laker fan, I'm learning how little you care about the off season when your team sucks. Anyway, a quick moment to remember Moses. Still remember watching the 81 team as a kid - losing record, NBA Finals. I would have cried w/joy if they could have beaten the Celtics.
@  jorgeaam : (15 September 2015 - 08:30 PM) http://bleacherrepor...ist-after-crash
@  jorgeaam : (15 September 2015 - 08:30 PM) So to celebrate his new contract, Montrezl Harrell saved someone's life on monday
@  thejohnnygold : (14 September 2015 - 04:36 PM) A good article from Blinebury talking about when Hakeem and Moses used to play in the park. LINK

Photo

Goran Dragic vs. Kyle Lowry

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#61 DaDakota

DaDakota

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • LocationAustin

Posted 04 May 2012 - 08:09 PM

If you are a good franchise you do not let talent walk away for nothing, Do you guys remember when Cuban let Nash walk for a measely $5 million over 5 years?

Nash had about the same production as Dragic as a starter when he was with the Mavs.....not saying Dragic will become Nash, but you do not let a tall, athletic, great vision PG walk for no return.

Lowry and his attitude towards McHale have written him a ticket out of town, the Rox need to lock up Dragic, he is their future - at least until we may flip him for a star...lol.

DD

#62 Jacob_Mustafa

Jacob_Mustafa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 05 May 2012 - 07:14 AM

Feel like you guys are watching different basketball games than I; Lowry's our best player and is playing on what's easily this league's best value contract. Why would we deal him? Not to take a loss on Dragic? That seems reactionary and unreasonable considering all of Dragic's limitations (lesser passer, can only go left, slow-footed defense). I'd love to keep Goran, but that seems untenable given the current situation. Signing and trading him seems like the ebst option for getting something back while not losing our best player for a guy who had a good 12-or-so game stretch.
Soon-To-Be Site of Ridiculously Narcissistic Signature

#63 wtflife

wtflife

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 02:14 PM

I keep hearing this bit about Lowry and McHale not co-existing. Is this real? There was one argument in Denver which is okay. I have seen no reporting that their seems to be a growing rift or anything. I have to agree with Jacob Lowry was our best player this season and has a great contract.

Yes Dallas should have kept Nash, but Dragic is going to get paid a lot more than that. If the offers he get are reasonable then fine and the Rockets should make him a fairly aggressive offer as well. To make sure whoever picks him up has to pay a fair bit for him.

Regarding vision while neither has great court vision I think Lowry is a far more adept passer and more complete point guard. Dragic is definitely a better shooter.

If we are going to get something awesome like Portlands pick straight up then sure trade Lowry and role the dice, but unless the offer is just stupid good I don't see that much value in moving up 8 spots.

Regardless I am sure Morey will investigate every possible permutation of this situation and make what he feels is the best decision for the franchise to get a star player potentially. Which neither Dragic or Lowry is so who knows maybe they will both be gone.

#64 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

glad you're on board, but I been on this boat since it left

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • 4,125 posts
    • Locationhouston

Posted 06 May 2012 - 02:09 AM

wtflife/jacob_mustafa:
    I agee with both of you glad to see you join the forum. I have been holding down this end of the discussion seemingly alone for awhile. I am glad to see that someone else was seeing the same game I was.

you can only warn a man that the bridge is out.....if he keeps driving he's on his own B)

#65 DaDakota

DaDakota

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 165 posts
    • LocationAustin

Posted 24 May 2012 - 01:14 PM

I could be wrong, but wasn't Nash paid 55 million for 5 years? WTFlife, you think he will get more than that?

Wow !

I think Dragic is a lot better than Lowry, and the Rockets should keep the better player - and jettison Lowry while his value is still relatively high.

#66 rednation

rednation

• Members
    • Pip
    • 5 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 05:08 PM

@Jacob I too was wondering once if it was a knee-jerk reaction to go the Gragic rout and part with Lowry but I got to thinking, Lowry is as good as he'll ever be. Dragic is already as good as Kyle and has shown the potential to get even better. Lowry's stock is pretty high rt now. He just had his best season ever and teams really want him. Why not use this opportunity to upgrade the team in other positions that are sorely in need of improvement? This is a golden chance for Morey to actually do something here. Re-sign Gogi, sell high on Lowry, make the most out of your cap room and extra draft pick.

#67 rednation

rednation

• Members
      • Pip
      • 5 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 05:13 PM

I don't think that the Rockets really have to out-bid Portland or whoever as long as it's pretty close to what those other teams would give him. Gogi seems to love it here. I just hope Morey doesn't lowball the guy and create some sort of rift. Luckily, though, we have the funds and the elbow room to even have the option of re-signing Dragic.

#68 Alituro

Alituro

Advanced Member

• Members
        • PipPipPipPip
        • 548 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 07:11 PM

The statistical differences between Lowry and Gogi are negligible Lowry PER: 18.89 Gogi:18.03... The area Lowry stands out in is rebounding which has always been one of the bonuses of his game. Gogi has a slight edge on wins added, but only slight. Their tandem usage, IMO has always been the most effective when it was able to be used. Gogi is a better shooter, while Kyle is a great floor general. Y'all say Kyle's reached his ceiling, but I think he will become a more prolific shooter in the years to come. Kyle was more effective when he had a shooter to defer to like Martin. Gogi didn't have that luxury and had to shoulder a bit of the load Jeremy Lin style, and he did a good job.

If we're able to obtain another offensive threat like Martin, then Kyle's the guy I want feeding him.

Regardless, the best way to go is to sign Gogi to what he's commanding and leave the options open.

#69 Guest_RedStewie_*

Guest_RedStewie_*
          • Guests

Posted 25 May 2012 - 02:43 PM

i would package lowry for two mid talented players looking for a break or an aging all star like Pau--- that's how good Dragic.

Dragic is the better shooter.
          Dragic does not need to dominate the ball to make a difference
          Dragic sorta learned from Nash
          Dragic is taller
          Dragic is a better defender - in my humble opinions, he takes less risks.
          Dragic would co-exist better with Martin- they can both spread the floor

Perfect time to trade Lowry since his stock is not gonna get any higher
          But knowing the Rockets, they will keep Lowry/ sign Dragic- diminishing his productiion or keep Lowry/let Dragic walk.
          Sounds just like Morey

#70 Rahat Huq

Rahat Huq

Administrator

• Administrators
          • 1,547 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 10:52 PM

I'm going to go ahead and lock this bad boy up now that we have an update on this with Lowry's statement. Please direct all discussion on this topic to the new thread, started by Ostrow.

#71 Rahat Huq

Rahat Huq

Administrator

• Administrators
            • 1,547 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 04:58 AM

New post: http://www.red94.net...-epilogue/9908/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users