Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  majik19 : (13 October 2015 - 09:09 PM) Apparently we claimed Arsalan Kazemi off waivers from the Hawks today... yet another undersized (6'7") power forward for Morey's cupboard.
@  Mario Peña : (10 October 2015 - 01:12 PM) If your part if the Red94 Fantasy Basketball League check the thread to vote for the date and time for the draft event. Thanks y'all!
@  jorgeaam : (07 October 2015 - 08:47 PM) Guys we need 1 more owner for the Red94 fantasy league, if interested please comment on the post in the fantasy basketball thread
@  slick shoes : (07 October 2015 - 06:50 PM) Kobe ranked one spot higher than Ariza? Is this based on legacy or...??
@  slick shoes : (07 October 2015 - 04:13 PM) It was hard to keep up with both the Astros and Rockets at the same time. Should be interesting on Thursday with the Texans and Astros on simultaneously.
@  Mario Peña : (07 October 2015 - 04:09 PM) It was fun to have the Rockets on last night! Right now I'm watching the Celtics versus Milan and Alessandro Gentile is impressive.
@  jorgeaam : (06 October 2015 - 07:47 PM) Well, thinking twice about it, I'd rather have him score less and have the team as a whole do better. Lawson should take a lot of his load off
@  jorgeaam : (06 October 2015 - 07:47 PM) Loving that, hope he hits 30 PPG this year
@  thejohnnygold : (06 October 2015 - 06:15 PM) Someone is feeling confident :) : LINK
@  jorgeaam : (06 October 2015 - 05:54 PM) 10 Teams done, will need 2 more
@  Mario Peña : (06 October 2015 - 02:35 PM) Alright guys, if anyone is interested in joining the Red94 fantasy basketball league we could use one more player to get us to 10 teams (or three to get us to 12 teams). Just check the thread in the Fantasy Basketball forum. Thanks!
@  thejohnnygold : (05 October 2015 - 06:23 PM) I use leaguepass here in Austin with no problems...
@  skip 2 my lou : (05 October 2015 - 03:14 PM) Hey fellas, I'm a rocket fan but I live in the heart of Dallas. Does anybody know if I buy NBA Leaguepass if it's too close to be subject to blackouts?
@  Losthief : (02 October 2015 - 02:24 AM) tks jg
@  thejohnnygold : (29 September 2015 - 05:16 AM) FYI, it was media day today. Interviews are up at NBA.com
@  slick shoes : (23 September 2015 - 06:37 PM) kind of late in the day but NBATV is broadcasting classis Rockets games all day today.
@  SadLakerFan : (16 September 2015 - 04:37 AM) Man, as a Laker fan, I'm learning how little you care about the off season when your team sucks. Anyway, a quick moment to remember Moses. Still remember watching the 81 team as a kid - losing record, NBA Finals. I would have cried w/joy if they could have beaten the Celtics.
@  jorgeaam : (15 September 2015 - 08:30 PM) http://bleacherrepor...ist-after-crash
@  jorgeaam : (15 September 2015 - 08:30 PM) So to celebrate his new contract, Montrezl Harrell saved someone's life on monday
@  thejohnnygold : (14 September 2015 - 04:36 PM) A good article from Blinebury talking about when Hakeem and Moses used to play in the park. LINK

Photo

Predictions?...and other stuff

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Rahat Huq

Rahat Huq

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,547 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 12:38 PM

So we're one day away now.

The Bucks just traded Bogut to the Warriors yesterday creating a Monta Ellis/Brandon Jennings backcourt which is sure to get Scott Skiles fired. Hopefully though, it will be enough atleast for this season to get the Bucks into the 8th seed. Go bucks.

The Bucks' beat writer reported yesterday that the Rockets' offer had consisted of Scola, Dalembert, and a draft pick. That makes me think that the Rockets weren't really too interested in Bogut to begin with and were just trying to steal him. Had they wanted, they could have put together a far better package than that. Scola and Dalembert are two of our worst assets.

Ken Berger of CBS reported two other things: 1) the Rockets had left the Bogut deal to turn their attention towards some mystery target and 2) of all of the Dwight Howard rental suitors, the Rockets remained the most aggressive.

I wonder if the Rockets just engaged the Bucks to draw in the Warriors to give up Monta Ellis so that he couldn't go to the Magic (and potentially save them.) I don't know, just speculating.

I'm still hoping the Rockets go all in on Howard, despite the risk. Even the mere chance of keeping him is worth it, especially when the opportunity cost is mediocrity. If he stays, great, obviously. If he leaves, we full-on rebuild.

Predictions:

I think the team pretty much has to trade Kevin Martin at this point considering that he doesn't even play for them anymore. I'm not basing this on anything, but a three-way sending Martin to the Bulls and bringing us Asik and other parts from a 3rd team seems to make sense.

I think we'll push for other deals up until the last hour. If nothing goes through, we'll just trade the 09ers for Kaman. I think you will for sure see at least one deal.

#2 Lyfestyle

Lyfestyle

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 182 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 01:28 PM

I was disappointed to see the Bogut trade yesterday. To my mind, we must do whatever we can to get Scola and Martin off the books heading into the offseason. Seemingly a Dwight rental could in part accomplish this, but I'd be hesitant to part with the picks they'd likely demand. Should be a very interesting couple of days.

#3 Rahat Huq

Rahat Huq

Administrator

• Administrators
      • 1,547 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 01:38 PM

These are our best assets:

-Lowry
        -NY pick
        -our own pick
        -Motiejunas
        -Patterson
        -marcus morris

next class:
        -lee
        -parsons
        -llul

next class:
        -dragic
        -martin

next class:
        -scola
        -budinger
        -dalembert

these assets are pretty much worthless, just for filler:
        -flynn
        -twill
        -hill
        -thabeet

so the question is, how many of those class A assets are we willing to give up for dwight?

#4 Lyfestyle

Lyfestyle

• Members
        • PipPipPip
        • 182 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 01:49 PM

I imagine Orlando would do the deal if we took back Turkoglu and dealt Lowry, Patterson, at least one pick and expiring 09ers. Then let's say we make the playoffs, lose to the Spurs or Lakers in the first round, Dwight signs with NJ (or worse, Dallas), and we're left with Turkoglu and not much else to show for the trade.

To answer your question... I'd be willing to part with Morris, Patterson and Motiejunas. I'd hesitate to part with Lowry given his contract and what seems to be a common silver-lining thought that's some variation of, "At least we have Lowry to build upon." You lose Lowry and I fear this season will look even worse in hindsight.

You?

#5 Rahat Huq

Rahat Huq

Administrator

• Administrators
          • 1,547 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 03:54 PM

The way I see it, the entire point of accumulating all of these assets was just to try and trade for a star. So it doesn't make sense to hold back at all. Morey can always get these type of guys again. Even taking on Turkoglu I don't think hurts us much because we wouldn't be trying to rebuild through free agency if Dwight left - we'd be doing it through the draft.

Also, the beauty of our depth is that it wouldn't put too big a hole into our lineup as we would hardly be touching our veteran core. For instance, say you're trading Lowry, Martin, Morris, Motiejunas, and a pick, you're still left with:

Dragic, Lee, Parsons, Scola, Dwight, Patterson, Budinger, a nucleus that could make a run in the West, possibly convincing Dwight to stay.

#6 Jdon76

Jdon76

• Members
            • Pip
            • 8 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 04:04 PM

The only piece we have that I'd hate to see go is Motiejunas, I realize he's one of our most valuable assets, but I'm really intrigued with what he brings to the table. We've never had a 7-footer with an outside touch and the athleticism to run the floor. If there was a scenario where we rent Dwight without losing him I'd be floored, but given the reward, I would reluctantly accept losing him for a shot at Dwight.

#7 rednation

rednation

• Members
              • Pip
              • 5 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 05:26 PM

I agree with the last guy. Motiejunas and Llull are our future. If we do trade for Howard and lose him later, the overseas players we have are good backup pieces to help with the rebuild. We must keep both of the picks and those guys in order for the transition to the "lottery days" to be quick and painless.

#8 Lyfestyle

Lyfestyle

• Members
                • PipPipPip
                • 182 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 07:56 PM

When your fanbase can say things like, "Motiejunas and Llull are our future," it's a pretty damning statement about your present.

#9 areteejay789

areteejay789

Rookie

• Members
                  • PipPip
                  • 82 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 08:28 PM

Who if anyone is gonna be interested in KMart... He has been so poor this season, especially this last 3 weeks or so. It seems only contending teams (bulls, clippers etc.) would be interested in him, and they really don't have anything of value for us other than a high draft pick - and we have had plenty of those. Maybe someone with their amnesty left might take him for a combination of lower paid players? I would love to get something of value for him, but i really cant see anything better than maybe Eric Bledsoe... but apparently he wont be leaving the clips until the draft comes around.

#10 Jdon76

Jdon76

• Members
                    • Pip
                    • 8 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 08:45 PM

New Idea: Trade martin, scola and dalembert for Okafor, Kaman and the Hornets unprotected lottery pick. We'll have 30 mil coming off the books, 42 mil if we amnesty okafor and potentially 3 lottery picks..creates room in the rotation for Motiejunas and Llull(who only wants to come over if he has a chance to play decent minutes). If we were to draft Andre Drummond and say Bradley Beal or someone like that, we'd be well on our way to a rebuild without ever "tanking"

#11 Alituro

Alituro

Advanced Member

• Members
                      • PipPipPipPip
                      • 548 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 02:54 PM

I would settle for Kaman as a consolation prize. Basically anyone not named Pau Gasol or Dwight Howard won't elevate us into instant contention. So, we look ahead to the future and stay with the mentality that no Rocket is at this point untradeable for that right piece, not even Lowry. Also I would get a kick out of watching a couple games with an all-white-boy lineup of Dragic, Chase, Parsons, Scola and Kaman... just for kicks.

#12 Ostrow

Ostrow

Officer

• Members
                        • PipPipPip
                        • 437 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 12:50 AM

Not that this matters any more but you can't amnesy someone who wasn't on your roster when the NBA/Players deal was signed

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users