Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Mario Peña : (10 October 2015 - 01:12 PM) If your part if the Red94 Fantasy Basketball League check the thread to vote for the date and time for the draft event. Thanks y'all!
@  jorgeaam : (07 October 2015 - 08:47 PM) Guys we need 1 more owner for the Red94 fantasy league, if interested please comment on the post in the fantasy basketball thread
@  slick shoes : (07 October 2015 - 06:50 PM) Kobe ranked one spot higher than Ariza? Is this based on legacy or...??
@  slick shoes : (07 October 2015 - 04:13 PM) It was hard to keep up with both the Astros and Rockets at the same time. Should be interesting on Thursday with the Texans and Astros on simultaneously.
@  Mario Peña : (07 October 2015 - 04:09 PM) It was fun to have the Rockets on last night! Right now I'm watching the Celtics versus Milan and Alessandro Gentile is impressive.
@  jorgeaam : (06 October 2015 - 07:47 PM) Well, thinking twice about it, I'd rather have him score less and have the team as a whole do better. Lawson should take a lot of his load off
@  jorgeaam : (06 October 2015 - 07:47 PM) Loving that, hope he hits 30 PPG this year
@  thejohnnygold : (06 October 2015 - 06:15 PM) Someone is feeling confident :) : LINK
@  jorgeaam : (06 October 2015 - 05:54 PM) 10 Teams done, will need 2 more
@  Mario Peña : (06 October 2015 - 02:35 PM) Alright guys, if anyone is interested in joining the Red94 fantasy basketball league we could use one more player to get us to 10 teams (or three to get us to 12 teams). Just check the thread in the Fantasy Basketball forum. Thanks!
@  thejohnnygold : (05 October 2015 - 06:23 PM) I use leaguepass here in Austin with no problems...
@  skip 2 my lou : (05 October 2015 - 03:14 PM) Hey fellas, I'm a rocket fan but I live in the heart of Dallas. Does anybody know if I buy NBA Leaguepass if it's too close to be subject to blackouts?
@  Losthief : (02 October 2015 - 02:24 AM) tks jg
@  thejohnnygold : (29 September 2015 - 05:16 AM) FYI, it was media day today. Interviews are up at NBA.com
@  slick shoes : (23 September 2015 - 06:37 PM) kind of late in the day but NBATV is broadcasting classis Rockets games all day today.
@  SadLakerFan : (16 September 2015 - 04:37 AM) Man, as a Laker fan, I'm learning how little you care about the off season when your team sucks. Anyway, a quick moment to remember Moses. Still remember watching the 81 team as a kid - losing record, NBA Finals. I would have cried w/joy if they could have beaten the Celtics.
@  jorgeaam : (15 September 2015 - 08:30 PM) http://bleacherrepor...ist-after-crash
@  jorgeaam : (15 September 2015 - 08:30 PM) So to celebrate his new contract, Montrezl Harrell saved someone's life on monday
@  thejohnnygold : (14 September 2015 - 04:36 PM) A good article from Blinebury talking about when Hakeem and Moses used to play in the park. LINK
@  rockets best... : (14 September 2015 - 02:29 AM) I agree totally. I got to watch his Rocket days and the man was a hell of a player. BIG MO R.I.P.

Photo

Patrick Patterson back in form

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Rahat Huq

Rahat Huq

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,547 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 03:57 AM

I posted here in my piece earlier today that I felt Patrick Patterson would continue to improve as his ankle continued to heal. You have to remember, he's just a few weeks off of surgery.

We saw tonight what the Rockets were missing when he was struggling. Patterson came in and changed the game in the third quarter, and after that point, it was over. I expect him to only continue to get better as the ankle improves.

Many of you were asking me on Twitter, earlier in the year, why I held Patterson so highly in regard. How quickly we forget how vital he was to this team last season down the stretch. The team's defensive output, statistically, was significantly better after he replaced Luis Scola in the starting lineup. They also continued to win. He's smart, physical, and hungry. The basketball IQ makes such a huge difference - you can see it just watching both Patterson and Hill. You can have all the tools in the world like Hill, but unless you know how to rotate effectively and make smart reads, like Patterson, you won't stick in this league.

It would be nice if he had a postup game, but it seems that may not ever come. We've seen him do sort of an up and under bank off the glass, but it appears the defenders at this level might be too long for Pat. Regardless, he's been effective with the mid-range jumper and rolling to the basket off the high screen. Coming in after the draft, Patterson's athleticism has been a surprise.

I think Patterson will be this team's power forward of the future. When he's been on his game, this year or last, the team has looked better, in my opinion, than it has with Scola. Scola can get you the points, but its becoming tougher covering for him on the other end.

If the Rockets make a big run towards the playoffs, Patterson will play a big role in that.

#2 FelixPR

FelixPR

• Members
    • Pip
    • 41 posts
    • LocationPuerto Rico

Posted 24 January 2012 - 05:48 PM

I'm glad he bounced back from the start of the game. The 3 fouls in 1 minute was hilariously bad.

#3 Joe

Joe

• Members
    • Pip
    • 4 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 09:32 AM

Truly astonishing that Dork Elvis was able to land Patrick at #14 in a remarkably weak '10 Draft. A high-motor 6'9'' PF with a polished mid-range game and a decorated resume from one of America's all-time winningest collegiate programs, Kentucky. He was mature beyond his years, both physically and mentally.

He began to wreak havoc off Adelman's bench in early March of last season, stringing together 3-straight double-doubles in the middle of a 5-game winning streak. During that coming-out party, he connected at a 58% clip and averaged 2 blocks/game. To "toss" Patrick in a deal as a sweetener alongside K-Mart for a 34-year-old has-been in Paul Pierce would be absurd. Only 22-years-old, Pat's going to continue to blossom, and has the potential to be a fixture at PF in Clutch City for many, many years. He's already one of the most effective mid-range weapons at PF in the Association, sinking an impressive 52.6% of 10-15 footers.

Patience, my friends. Pat's going to be a good one.

#4 Rahat Huq

Rahat Huq

Administrator

• Administrators
      • 1,547 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 12:25 PM

Truly astonishing that Dork Elvis was able to land Patrick at #14 in a remarkably weak '10 Draft. A high-motor 6'9'' PF with a polished mid-range game and a decorated resume from one of America's all-time winningest collegiate programs, Kentucky. He was mature beyond his years, both physically and mentally.

He began to wreak havoc off Adelman's bench in early March of last season, stringing together 3-straight double-doubles in the middle of a 5-game winning streak. During that coming-out party, he connected at a 58% clip and averaged 2 blocks/game. To "toss" Patrick in a deal as a sweetener alongside K-Mart for a 34-year-old has-been in Paul Pierce would be absurd. Only 22-years-old, Pat's going to continue to blossom, and has the potential to be a fixture at PF in Clutch City for many, many years. He's already one of the most effective mid-range weapons at PF in the Association, sinking an impressive 52.6% of 10-15 footers.

Patience, my friends. Pat's going to be a good one.

Great post. Someone was saying to me, I can't remember where, either on Twitter or Facebook, that Pat needed to get in the paint and stop shooting jumpers. I strongly disagree. That midrange jumper is a lethal weapon for a big. Obviously, it would be nice if he had some post-up ability outside of summer league, but since he doesn't, this is much better than having him clog the paint on offense doing nothing.

#5 Rahat Huq

Rahat Huq

Administrator

• Administrators
        • 1,547 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 05:31 PM

Wanted to bump this again because Pat has been maybe our 2nd most valuable contributor during this road trip and by far our best big man. To those that were jumping the gun early on, it's clear that Pat was just severely hampered by his injury. The midrange jumper is falling again and more importantly, the defense is back. Just a great, great draft pick by management. The Rockets really need to find a way to unload Scola because Patterson is the man right now at power forward.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users