Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Mario Peña : (10 October 2015 - 01:12 PM) If your part if the Red94 Fantasy Basketball League check the thread to vote for the date and time for the draft event. Thanks y'all!
@  jorgeaam : (07 October 2015 - 08:47 PM) Guys we need 1 more owner for the Red94 fantasy league, if interested please comment on the post in the fantasy basketball thread
@  slick shoes : (07 October 2015 - 06:50 PM) Kobe ranked one spot higher than Ariza? Is this based on legacy or...??
@  slick shoes : (07 October 2015 - 04:13 PM) It was hard to keep up with both the Astros and Rockets at the same time. Should be interesting on Thursday with the Texans and Astros on simultaneously.
@  Mario Peña : (07 October 2015 - 04:09 PM) It was fun to have the Rockets on last night! Right now I'm watching the Celtics versus Milan and Alessandro Gentile is impressive.
@  jorgeaam : (06 October 2015 - 07:47 PM) Well, thinking twice about it, I'd rather have him score less and have the team as a whole do better. Lawson should take a lot of his load off
@  jorgeaam : (06 October 2015 - 07:47 PM) Loving that, hope he hits 30 PPG this year
@  thejohnnygold : (06 October 2015 - 06:15 PM) Someone is feeling confident :) : LINK
@  jorgeaam : (06 October 2015 - 05:54 PM) 10 Teams done, will need 2 more
@  Mario Peña : (06 October 2015 - 02:35 PM) Alright guys, if anyone is interested in joining the Red94 fantasy basketball league we could use one more player to get us to 10 teams (or three to get us to 12 teams). Just check the thread in the Fantasy Basketball forum. Thanks!
@  thejohnnygold : (05 October 2015 - 06:23 PM) I use leaguepass here in Austin with no problems...
@  skip 2 my lou : (05 October 2015 - 03:14 PM) Hey fellas, I'm a rocket fan but I live in the heart of Dallas. Does anybody know if I buy NBA Leaguepass if it's too close to be subject to blackouts?
@  Losthief : (02 October 2015 - 02:24 AM) tks jg
@  thejohnnygold : (29 September 2015 - 05:16 AM) FYI, it was media day today. Interviews are up at NBA.com
@  slick shoes : (23 September 2015 - 06:37 PM) kind of late in the day but NBATV is broadcasting classis Rockets games all day today.
@  SadLakerFan : (16 September 2015 - 04:37 AM) Man, as a Laker fan, I'm learning how little you care about the off season when your team sucks. Anyway, a quick moment to remember Moses. Still remember watching the 81 team as a kid - losing record, NBA Finals. I would have cried w/joy if they could have beaten the Celtics.
@  jorgeaam : (15 September 2015 - 08:30 PM) http://bleacherrepor...ist-after-crash
@  jorgeaam : (15 September 2015 - 08:30 PM) So to celebrate his new contract, Montrezl Harrell saved someone's life on monday
@  thejohnnygold : (14 September 2015 - 04:36 PM) A good article from Blinebury talking about when Hakeem and Moses used to play in the park. LINK
@  rockets best... : (14 September 2015 - 02:29 AM) I agree totally. I got to watch his Rocket days and the man was a hell of a player. BIG MO R.I.P.

No love for Houston teams

rockets texans

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_TwistedNematic_*

Guest_TwistedNematic_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 January 2012 - 05:00 PM

Why don't the rockets have a single nationally televised game this year? Are we that uninteresting as a team to watch? Unless Kyle Lowry gets some national recognition then we probably won't have a single player in the all star game but considering that almost every day of the week has a national game on, I'm surprised they couldn't even squeeze us in there for one? Look at the bulls schedule in april, 5 of their first 6 games are nationally televised and who is their opponent for the one thats not? the Houston Rockets. Adding to my frustration is the fact the texans were the only team to never appear on Sunday Night Football this year. Is our fanbase too small? Houston is supposed to be the fourth most populated city in the united states. Are our teams no good? (I'm not even gonna answer that regarding the texans) But the rockets are definitely better than the warriors, suns, timberwolves, pistons and bobcats all of whom have nationally televised games. Those of you that live in Houston might not be too concerned with the lack of recognition but as a displaced Houstonian forced to watch the lakers and heat on a weekly basis, i must say it certainly does sting.

#2 Guest_dsketh_*

Guest_dsketh_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 January 2012 - 08:49 PM

The Rockets haven't made the playoffs in 2 years and have no real star players. I'm a huge Rockets fan but I think that's the reason they don't play on national tv. The Rockets aren't a ratings draw like they were when they had Yao and T-mac. I think you mean the Texans are the only never team to appear on SNF in its history. The Texans haven't been good until this year and the Texans aren't a brand name like the Patriots, Cowboys, Steelers, Packers... etc. NBC wants the teams that get the biggest ratings and the Texans aren't a big draw. Don't worry the success the have this year they will be on SNF and on MNF. When you win they put you on TV.

#3 Rahat Huq

Rahat Huq

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,547 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 03:11 AM

TwistedNematic - I'm not surprised at all. The Rockets are a 'pretty good' team with no marquee talent. That's not what consumers want to see. All of those teams (except for the Pistons and Bobcats) you named are either good or have attractive individual talent.

#4 Sir Thursday

Sir Thursday

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 1,182 posts
    • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 30 January 2012 - 11:39 AM

We did get some nationally televised games before the New Year - both of our games in the Staples Centre were televised (albeit one of them was only because of Fan Night). We got soundly beaten in both those games, especially the Clippers matchup. I suspect that's part of why they haven't bothered to put us back on the box again.

(I find it weird that I know this - that period happened to be the only time in the last few years when I was in the US, and I got to see my Rockets on TV twice while I was there despite being nowhere near Houston! Good times - or at least, they would have been good if we hadn't sucked so badly in those games).

ST

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users