Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  slick shoes : (23 September 2015 - 06:37 PM) kind of late in the day but NBATV is broadcasting classis Rockets games all day today.
@  SadLakerFan : (16 September 2015 - 04:37 AM) Man, as a Laker fan, I'm learning how little you care about the off season when your team sucks. Anyway, a quick moment to remember Moses. Still remember watching the 81 team as a kid - losing record, NBA Finals. I would have cried w/joy if they could have beaten the Celtics.
@  jorgeaam : (15 September 2015 - 08:30 PM) http://bleacherrepor...ist-after-crash
@  jorgeaam : (15 September 2015 - 08:30 PM) So to celebrate his new contract, Montrezl Harrell saved someone's life on monday
@  thejohnnygold : (14 September 2015 - 04:36 PM) A good article from Blinebury talking about when Hakeem and Moses used to play in the park. LINK
@  rockets best... : (14 September 2015 - 02:29 AM) I agree totally. I got to watch his Rocket days and the man was a hell of a player. BIG MO R.I.P.
@  Mario Peña : (13 September 2015 - 05:24 PM) Sad to see Moses pass. I don't remember watching him as a Rocket but I do remember his Philly and Hawks teams. He was the perfect man to mentor Dream. It's a very sad day for his family and friends and there are many.
@  majik19 : (12 September 2015 - 09:01 PM) i just saw a post wishing Yao Ming a happy 35th birthday... am I the only one whose mind is blown that he's only 35?
@  cointurtlemoose : (08 September 2015 - 01:17 AM) aaaah, thanks jorge
@  jorgeaam : (08 September 2015 - 12:21 AM) Love it how Hinkie and Morey always target the same players, but hoping he isn't another Covington
@  thejohnnygold : (08 September 2015 - 12:03 AM) Christian Wood has signed with Philly
@  jorgeaam : (07 September 2015 - 10:32 PM) If I'm not wrong, he hasn't been waived yet, they have until october 4th to do that
@  cointurtlemoose : (07 September 2015 - 05:39 PM) Anyone else surprised that Kostas hasn't gotten picked up by anyone yet? I wanna see that guy play somewhere
@  redfaithful : (05 September 2015 - 10:48 PM) Llull line from today loss to Serbia: 30MIN 1-10PG, 0-5 3PG, 4-4FT 6AST, 1TO, 4REB, +/- -11
@  Losthief : (03 September 2015 - 02:27 AM) this dude's gun fired and all he got a misdemeanor at bush lol: http://abc13.com/new...ush-iah/815795/
@  Losthief : (03 September 2015 - 02:26 AM) theres more articles all over, but the jist is houston (and texas) doesn't really arrest for it, they just recommend you leave it in your car when they catch it. So seems dwight got lucky he was in texas and not cali or the NE.
@  Losthief : (03 September 2015 - 02:22 AM) honestly we should just be glad they caught it...
@  Losthief : (03 September 2015 - 02:21 AM) response: http://nymag.com/dai...n_airplane.html
@  Losthief : (03 September 2015 - 01:42 AM) one bullet left in the chamber is diff than fully loaded and ready to go. Still stupid...but not like he was prepared for a shooting spree.
@  jorgeaam : (02 September 2015 - 09:33 PM) http://www.tmz.com/2...t-get-arrested/

Photo

The present in terms of the big picture: Scola, Dalembert, etc...

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Rahat Huq

Rahat Huq

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,547 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 02:53 AM

Other than Lowry, the main contributors tonight were the 30 year old Samuel Dalembert and the 31 year old Luis Scola. In fact, were it not for these two, the Rockets probably get blown out. Hasheem Thabeet was inactive.

Overall, I'm pretty confused. I've made my stance on tanking pretty clear but tonight seemed to serve as affirmation for those thoughts. What really are we accomplishing if our prime contributors are guys who won't be around for the long run? (Unless you think these two will be here in 4 years.)

Orlando, despite the distractions, is still a pretty good team, so set aside the fact that we lost. The production we got tonight was enough to win against many NBA teams. What purpose would that serve?

Like I've said, if we win/stay competitive through the play of the young guys, I have no problem with that. What I don't want, and I think is pointless, is basically what took place tonight. Winning off the production of veterans. If Scola/Dalembert lead us to the playoffs, and the young guys do nothing, while we lose our draft pick, how does that help the franchise.

Some of you said in the game thread that Scola is raising his trade value to be flipped to a contender. Then, I must ask, what is the point in signing Dalembert? (Though if you plan on trading both at the deadline, that makes sense, unless they've helped you win enough games to sufficiently destroy your draft slot.)

We'll see how things look going forward, but I really would like to see Hill, Thabeet, and Patterson get all the minutes they can handle.

#2 majik19

majik19

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 267 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 03:50 AM

We didn't get to see much of Hill because of foul trouble, but he did look good in his limited minutes (except that he's clearly not strong enough to guard Howard, good thing there is only one of him in the league.)
      Patterson being hurt makes it hard to say how he'll fit in the rotation. I absolutely agree with you on Thabeet.
      We did, however, get to see significant minutes from Williams and Bud, and some from Morris. Playing too many of the kids at once could be disastrous. For example, I think allowing Williams to play with veterans allows him to individually improve, whereas playing him with say Dragic, Lee, Patterson and Thabeet would leave them all clueless.

#3 Guest_Carrol Dawson_*

Guest_Carrol Dawson_*
      • Guests

Posted 27 December 2011 - 04:01 AM

I just don't understand not playing Thabeet at all. I guess he's looked absolutely awful in practice if he can't even go a few minutes over Adrien...pretty sad.

#4 Guest_RocketFuel_*

Guest_RocketFuel_*
      • Guests

Posted 27 December 2011 - 04:55 AM

Jordan Hill looked like he was going to be on his way to a huge night before the foul trouble. But I agree for the most part with this post. Dalembert and Scola will take away alot of minutes from Patterson and Hill. How will we know if Hill is worth resigning?

#5 Rahat Huq

Rahat Huq

Administrator

• Administrators
      • 1,547 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 03:20 AM

We didn't get to see much of Hill because of foul trouble, but he did look good in his limited minutes (except that he's clearly not strong enough to guard Howard, good thing there is only one of him in the league.)

Yeah, that's one thing that's encouraging. It's not every night that you go against Dwight Howard. Hill seemed to be having trouble holding his ground against Dwight. We'll see how he does in the home opener.

#6 majik19

majik19

• Members
        • PipPipPip
        • 267 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 11:02 PM

Rahat - do you think Dalembert is the eventual starter? Even when Patterson is back (I know he's a 4, but still.) Or do you expect us to continue with Hill and Scola and bring Patterson and Dalembert off the bench? Or do you think it will just be a matchup thing? Clearly you start Dalembert against a Dwight Howard or a Marc Gasol, but maybe not against a Tiago Splitter or Brandon Haywood.

#7 Rahat Huq

Rahat Huq

Administrator

• Administrators
          • 1,547 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 12:22 AM

Rahat - do you think Dalembert is the eventual starter? Even when Patterson is back (I know he's a 4, but still.) Or do you expect us to continue with Hill and Scola and bring Patterson and Dalembert off the bench? Or do you think it will just be a matchup thing? Clearly you start Dalembert against a Dwight Howard or a Marc Gasol, but maybe not against a Tiago Splitter or Brandon Haywood.

I think it's Hill's job to lose, just like I said in another thread with it being Bud's job to lose. It would set a really bad precedent to just bring in Dalembert and immediately promote him to the starting lineup. If Hill flounders, then I think McHale will make the switch. But I think for now, he's safe.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users