Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Drew in Abilene : (15 February 2014 - 11:01 PM) If he can become a reliable 3-and-d guy, I'm sure Morey would find a place for him.
@  miketheodio : (15 February 2014 - 10:58 PM) i think the idea that covington could be the 2/3 wing guy next year is floating around in morey's head. i'd bet on covington.
@  Drew in Abilene : (15 February 2014 - 10:38 PM) And he broke the record for most points in the DL ASG with 33, and won MVP. Makes me happy that Houston kept him back when we were talking about who was getting cut.
@  Drew in Abilene : (15 February 2014 - 10:19 PM) Covington has been impressive in the DL All-Star game so far.
@  YaoMan : (14 February 2014 - 03:24 PM) OKC almost lost but that Durant guy went nuts again for 43 and 12...
@  It's Dee... : (14 February 2014 - 10:32 AM) #3 that's just Grand but it ain't over yet
@  RollingWave : (14 February 2014 - 09:10 AM) I've said this at the seasons start, realistic expectation, top 4 seed, 2nd round. anything beyond that is GREAT
@  RollingWave : (14 February 2014 - 09:09 AM) Really, the realistic expectation of this team this year is 2nd round, as long as we can get past the first, I'm not going to be disappointed with whatever happens next
@  BrentYen : (14 February 2014 - 05:20 AM) Should we expect OKC to lose today too? lol
@  RudyT1995 : (13 February 2014 - 05:39 PM) I expect OKC to finish 1st, us and Clips battle for 2nd an 3rd, Spurs to rest their guys more and settle into 4th
@  feelingsuper... : (13 February 2014 - 04:10 PM) I'd rather the Rockets face the Clippers in the second round than the Thunder but either way it's going to be a 'pay your dues' postseason for the good guys.
@  feelingsuper... : (13 February 2014 - 04:09 PM) i don't think the Clippers are just heating but rather they enemy number 2 for the Rockets. The Clippers have an established core that has been through brutal playoff tests and this year they will be better. Their problem is they cannot win out against the Thunder in the postseason.
@  RudyT1995 : (13 February 2014 - 07:53 AM) I'm more worried about playing Clippers in 2nd round and not having home court.
@  RollingWave : (13 February 2014 - 06:58 AM) Don't worry, we'll pass the Spurs ;) (i hope.)
@  RudyT1995 : (13 February 2014 - 06:54 AM) because the Blazer are going to continue coming down to earth. Clippers are heating up and could be a problem for us.
@  RudyT1995 : (13 February 2014 - 06:51 AM) Didn't say that you weren't watching. I'm just saying that it's better for us if Clippers lost.
@  feelingsuper... : (13 February 2014 - 06:23 AM) I know they lost to the Clippers I was watching the game.
@  RudyT1995 : (13 February 2014 - 06:20 AM) Yeah, but they lost to the Clippers. I'd rather the Clips lost than the Blazers.
@  feelingsuper... : (13 February 2014 - 06:08 AM) Blazers lose, yesssss!
@  miketheodio : (13 February 2014 - 05:06 AM) can't believe im actually cheering for the clippers...even if it's for one game

Photo

Very interesting recounting of fan's POV during the Rockets-Clippers game

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 zcTM8pUxe1mC

zcTM8pUxe1mC

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 11:51 AM

This posted on the reddit /r/rockets board, but was originally posted on the Rockets Facebook page.

"Wanted to post my observations from the game last night but will lead the analysis to the pros on the site. My sister and I sat right behind Rockets bench which was great but we had 5 or 6 hecklers sitting right beside us that were super annoying. They were talking trash and screaming literally the whole game. I want to punch them in the face First, Jeremy looked good during warmups. He was making a lot of his jump shots. Not sure if they showed this on TV but Parsons, Harden and Lin have a new pre game ritual. Harden and Parsons facing each other with Lin facing away from them. Harden brushes Parsons hair, Parsons brushes Harden's beard. They do a couple other things that I missed then at the last second Jeremy turns around and they all bow towards each other.

First half was really hard to watch. Looks like dwight and Harden were super lazy on defense. Dwight constantly looks to throw outlet pass to Harden or Parsons. Jeremy was getting really frustrated. There was a play where Coach Mchale was yelling at Jeremy to run a certain play (Index finger and pinky finger raised). Looks like this is a type of "horns" play where they set double screens for Jeremy at the top of the key (one pick on each side). Jeremy calls the play, Harden gets the ball and goes iso and misses.

Mchale then calls time out and yells at Jeremy. Jeremy yells at Mchale back. I heard Jeremy say something like, "I AM trying to run the play." Mchale then yells at Harden and Harden just walks away from him. Mchale then looks at Jeremy and shrugs his shoulders kind of like, "there's nothing i can do." Jeremy reall looks like he is not having a good time playing. He was constantly being yelled at by Dwight and Parsons between plays. To be honest, I really don't know why they were yelling at him. There were couple time where Jeremy wasn't even involved in the play. In 4th quarter, Jeremy checks in at 8 minute mark on his own. He looked at Mchale while walking to check in kind of like asking "I'm checking in right now right." Made me think maybe they have set times they check in? At the end of the 4th, AB was set to check in for JEremy during garbage time. Jeremy was playing well. I saw AB walk back to the bench on his own and heard him say to Mchale, "Jeremy's doing his thing. Just let him play."

#2 2016Champions

2016Champions

Veteran

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • 3,146 posts
    • LocationVirginia, USA.

Posted 07 November 2013 - 01:13 PM

Whenever something goes wrong just blame the Asian guy lol. Sounds like McHale hasn't gained the trust and ears of his players, that definitely makes McHale's job harder

"We're not satisfied with where we're at, but we're optimistic on where things will go from here" - Daryl Morey

#3 timetodienow1234567

timetodienow1234567

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 1,923 posts
    • LocationAlabama

Posted 07 November 2013 - 01:32 PM

If that's true, that's pretty worrisome.

Why so Serious? :D

#4 thejohnnygold

thejohnnygold

Veteran

• Moderators
    • 2,593 posts
    • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 07 November 2013 - 04:06 PM

I think we have our answer HERE.  That links to the original poster's facebook page where you will immediately see a bevy of Jeremy Lin photos. :wub: It is a fan girl--plain and simple.  Take her story as you like.  The trail goes from reddit.com/r/rockets to r/nba to Houston Rockets Facebook to her.  Source matters. :ph34r:

Also her unbiased observations came from a game where we were getting destroyed--I'm sure everyone was very frustrated.  No big deal.

#5 BrentYen

BrentYen

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 260 posts
    • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 07 November 2013 - 04:09 PM

Even if it is a game that we are not getting destroyed, I believe in a competitive sport, the yelling is just the normal talking.

Is a big Jeremy Lin fan and was a big ROX fan. More importantly, a huge bball fan in general.

#6 2016Champions

2016Champions

Veteran

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • 3,146 posts
    • LocationVirginia, USA.

Posted 07 November 2013 - 04:13 PM

I think we have our answer HERE.  That links to the original poster's facebook page where you will immediately see a bevy of Jeremy Lin photos. :wub: It is a fan girl--plain and simple.  Take her story as you like.  The trail goes from reddit.com/r/rockets to r/nba to Houston Rockets Facebook to her.  Source matters. :ph34r:

Also her unbiased observations came from a game where we were getting destroyed--I'm sure everyone was very frustrated.  No big deal.

Hopefully you're right. It was just a game where everyone got frustrated. 

"We're not satisfied with where we're at, but we're optimistic on where things will go from here" - Daryl Morey

#7 bboley24

bboley24

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 319 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 04:42 PM

I think it has to be demeaning to be a point guard when playing with 2 superstars.  Who knows how Mario Chalmers felt when he first started out with the big 3 over there. Winning championships are fun but when you're not... man that has to hurt.

#8 feelingsupersonic

feelingsupersonic

Officer

• Moderators
      • 1,668 posts
      • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 07 November 2013 - 08:19 PM

Thanks johnnygold, this completely screamed of some type spam or propaganda when I first saw it.

#9 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

glad you're on board, but I been on this boat since it left

• Members
      • PipPipPipPipPipPip
      • 3,204 posts
      • Locationhouston

Posted 07 November 2013 - 09:05 PM

Even if it is a game that we are not getting destroyed, I believe in a competitive sport, the yelling is just the normal talking.

how do you get a person ten or more feet from you in a place with 18000 screaming fans to hear you.........you yell :lol: I agree with you guys this is more about Lin :wub:  than problem within our team

you can only warn a man that the bridge is out.....if he keeps driving he's on his own B)

#10 2016Champions

2016Champions

Veteran

• Members
      • PipPipPipPipPipPip
      • 3,146 posts
      • LocationVirginia, USA.

Posted 07 November 2013 - 10:17 PM

I think it has to be demeaning to be a point guard when playing with 2 superstars.  Who knows how Mario Chalmers felt when he first started out with the big 3 over there. Winning championships are fun but when you're not... man that has to hurt.

Mario Chalmers came to mind for me too, he's always getting yelled at like a child by Bosh and Wade for things that weren't his fault, kind of like a verbal punching bag for team mates to release their frustration at--I sure hope the team hasn't anointed Lin as that guy. I didn't bring up these thoughts earlier because I don't want to compare Lin to Chalmers, because in terms of basketball talent there's really no comparison--Lin is easily the better player.  

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Alexa (1)