Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Losthief : (02 October 2015 - 02:24 AM) tks jg
@  thejohnnygold : (29 September 2015 - 05:16 AM) FYI, it was media day today. Interviews are up at NBA.com
@  slick shoes : (23 September 2015 - 06:37 PM) kind of late in the day but NBATV is broadcasting classis Rockets games all day today.
@  SadLakerFan : (16 September 2015 - 04:37 AM) Man, as a Laker fan, I'm learning how little you care about the off season when your team sucks. Anyway, a quick moment to remember Moses. Still remember watching the 81 team as a kid - losing record, NBA Finals. I would have cried w/joy if they could have beaten the Celtics.
@  jorgeaam : (15 September 2015 - 08:30 PM) http://bleacherrepor...ist-after-crash
@  jorgeaam : (15 September 2015 - 08:30 PM) So to celebrate his new contract, Montrezl Harrell saved someone's life on monday
@  thejohnnygold : (14 September 2015 - 04:36 PM) A good article from Blinebury talking about when Hakeem and Moses used to play in the park. LINK
@  rockets best... : (14 September 2015 - 02:29 AM) I agree totally. I got to watch his Rocket days and the man was a hell of a player. BIG MO R.I.P.
@  Mario Peña : (13 September 2015 - 05:24 PM) Sad to see Moses pass. I don't remember watching him as a Rocket but I do remember his Philly and Hawks teams. He was the perfect man to mentor Dream. It's a very sad day for his family and friends and there are many.
@  majik19 : (12 September 2015 - 09:01 PM) i just saw a post wishing Yao Ming a happy 35th birthday... am I the only one whose mind is blown that he's only 35?
@  cointurtlemoose : (08 September 2015 - 01:17 AM) aaaah, thanks jorge
@  jorgeaam : (08 September 2015 - 12:21 AM) Love it how Hinkie and Morey always target the same players, but hoping he isn't another Covington
@  thejohnnygold : (08 September 2015 - 12:03 AM) Christian Wood has signed with Philly
@  jorgeaam : (07 September 2015 - 10:32 PM) If I'm not wrong, he hasn't been waived yet, they have until october 4th to do that
@  cointurtlemoose : (07 September 2015 - 05:39 PM) Anyone else surprised that Kostas hasn't gotten picked up by anyone yet? I wanna see that guy play somewhere
@  redfaithful : (05 September 2015 - 10:48 PM) Llull line from today loss to Serbia: 30MIN 1-10PG, 0-5 3PG, 4-4FT 6AST, 1TO, 4REB, +/- -11
@  Losthief : (03 September 2015 - 02:27 AM) this dude's gun fired and all he got a misdemeanor at bush lol: http://abc13.com/new...ush-iah/815795/
@  Losthief : (03 September 2015 - 02:26 AM) theres more articles all over, but the jist is houston (and texas) doesn't really arrest for it, they just recommend you leave it in your car when they catch it. So seems dwight got lucky he was in texas and not cali or the NE.
@  Losthief : (03 September 2015 - 02:22 AM) honestly we should just be glad they caught it...
@  Losthief : (03 September 2015 - 02:21 AM) response: http://nymag.com/dai...n_airplane.html

any chance t-will gets burn this year?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Carrol Dawson_*

Guest_Carrol Dawson_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 December 2011 - 02:47 AM

What do you guys say? Does McHale give him a chance? He's a knucklehead but you can't deny that he's talented, maybe the most talented guy on the team (sadly)...

#2 Rahat Huq

Rahat Huq

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,547 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 03:22 AM

I think he gets his chance. My suspicion is that he's one of the guys that Morey and Adelman clashed over with Rick not giving him any time.

In a year like this, with no expectations, I would give him all the minutes he can handle, and see what he can do. Considering we gave up a draft pick for him, I think it would be foolish to not atleast do that.

#3 Guest_Carrol Dawson_*

Guest_Carrol Dawson_*
    • Guests

Posted 03 December 2011 - 03:25 AM

So who does he start over? Chase? MM?

#4 Rahat Huq

Rahat Huq

Administrator

• Administrators
    • 1,547 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 03:26 AM

Chase is likely the starter. Then T-Will and Courtney Lee with the backup minutes at the swing spots. Morris will probably have to earn his way into the rotation much like Patterson last year.

#5 Guest_RocketFuel_*

Guest_RocketFuel_*
      • Guests

Posted 03 December 2011 - 04:02 AM

He got his chance. The sooner the Rockets rid themselves of this guy, the better. We don't need losers with bad attitude.

#6 Guest_James_*

Guest_James_*
      • Guests

Posted 03 December 2011 - 04:53 AM

He got his chance. The sooner the Rockets rid themselves of this guy, the better. We don't need losers with bad attitude.

Enlighten me as to when he got his chance.

#7 Guest_RocketFuel_*

Guest_RocketFuel_*
      • Guests

Posted 03 December 2011 - 05:44 AM

Enlighten me as to when he got his chance.

He got into games. He didn't play the most minutes but the ones that he got he jacked up off balance jumpers didn't play within the offense aand didn't play d.

#8 Guest_pencilRick_*

Guest_pencilRick_*
      • Guests

Posted 03 December 2011 - 06:29 PM

I think he gets his chance, that's why McHale was brought in. If he crashes the team loses nothing. The Rockets have to hope at least one of the busts from 2009 can turn it around though I'm not holding my breath.

#9 Blake Couey

Blake Couey

• Members
      • Pip
      • 15 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 04:01 AM

He got into games. He didn't play the most minutes but the ones that he got he jacked up off balance jumpers didn't play within the offense aand didn't play d.

Do you mean just as Aaron Brooks did the year before he became the starter? I swear Aaron looked horrible to me that year, garbage time minutes. Aaron would grab the ball, run the court, shoot a 3 and miss and repeat(occasionally he'd make one). I was proven wrong by him the next year as he worked his ass off that off-season and eventually took the job from Alston causing a trade. I would be ecstatic if T-Will comes out and proves me wrong as well, although I expect MM will ultimately become the starting small forward.

#10 Guest_RocketFuel_*

Guest_RocketFuel_*
        • Guests

Posted 19 December 2011 - 10:10 PM

Do you mean just as Aaron Brooks did the year before he became the starter? I swear Aaron looked horrible to me that year, garbage time minutes. Aaron would grab the ball, run the court, shoot a 3 and miss and repeat(occasionally he'd make one). I was proven wrong by him the next year as he worked his ass off that off-season and eventually took the job from Alston causing a trade. I would be ecstatic if T-Will comes out and proves me wrong as well, although I expect MM will ultimately become the starting small forward.

Yeah, Brooks really improved after that first year. We sort of forget that after how bad he was last season. I really thought he was going to take off as a player but I guess Lowry just ended up being the better fit.

#11 Guest_RocketFuel_*

Guest_RocketFuel_*
        • Guests

Posted 01 January 2012 - 12:44 PM

It looks like he's out of the rotation based on last night's game. I for one couldn't be happier. This guy won't be in the NBA by next year. Just a complete selfish loser.

#12 Rahat Huq

Rahat Huq

Administrator

• Administrators
        • 1,547 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 05:50 PM

With Chandler's emergence now, it's beginning to look like T-Will might completely be out of the rotation. I'm not even sure they pick up his option at this point.

#13 Rahat Huq

Rahat Huq

Administrator

• Administrators
          • 1,547 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 07:16 PM

here's what i'm wondering: he's out of the rotation it seems. we all read the chron piece with the quotes from mchale.

is this more of the same - ie. t-will blowing another chance due to his attitude?

or did he just get beat out by the better player in parsons?

I sort of feel like its the latter. Parsons is just a much better player than Williams right now. With that said then, why is Budinger playing over Williams? Bud really has struggled....so that would point towards the former...

#14 bob schmidt

bob schmidt

• Members
            • PipPipPip
            • 103 posts
            • LocationBrownsville, Texas

Posted 14 January 2012 - 07:25 PM

I have the feeling that T-will may not be very coachable, while Bud seems highly coachable. Parsons has demonstrated far more than T-Will and deserves a higher rating. Since we have Marcus Morris to call back once his ankle mends, not seeing much future for Terrence in Houston...

#15 Rahat Huq

Rahat Huq

Administrator

• Administrators
            • 1,547 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 10:02 PM

I have the feeling that T-will may not be very coachable, while Bud seems highly coachable. Parsons has demonstrated far more than T-Will and deserves a higher rating. Since we have Marcus Morris to call back once his ankle mends, not seeing much future for Terrence in Houston...

While I have a feeling that's the case, I don't want to make that assumption. It might just be a case of a guy just being beaten out by a better player.

#16 Guest_Howard_*

Guest_Howard_*
              • Guests

Posted 17 January 2012 - 11:05 PM

Budinger understands fundamentals much better than Williams. Williams looks lost out there on both sides of the court. He's not really effective and defense can easily force him to turn the ball over. Talent or no talent, he doesn't seem to have high basketball IQ to be on the court. It's not just he's beaten out by Parsons; he hasn't shown a track record anywhere to want to learn and be a real student of the game. And I'm glad is riding the pine...

#17 Rahat Huq

Rahat Huq

Administrator

• Administrators
              • 1,547 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 03:19 AM

Blowout win and another DNP-CD. I hate to speculate, but that's suspicious. If it was just an issue of being beaten out by Chandler, you'd think he'd atleast get garbage time minutes. That he couldn't even get off the pine tonight leads one to think it's the character issue rearing its head again and McHale not wanting to put up with it.

#18 Alituro

Alituro

Advanced Member

• Members
                • PipPipPipPip
                • 548 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 07:50 PM

I'd have to agree about his attitude. Every time I've seen him step on the floor, he demands the ball, motions for the isolation and throws up some whack shot. Granted, it's only been garbage time I've seen him, but still he only jogs back on defense and makes little effort. I hear alot of talk about talent, but have yet to see it. Talent being more than pure athleticism, needs to have some intelligence and some realization of the necessity of team play in a team sport. "maybe the most talented guy on the team (sadly)..." *Athletic.

#19 Rahat Huq

Rahat Huq

Administrator

• Administrators
                  • 1,547 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 11:43 PM

With yesterday's news, I think that barring some miraculous change of form, T-Will's days with the Rockets are now over. (Keep in mind - that they didn't pick up his option doesn't preclude retention. If they wanted, and he wanted, they could still sign him to a cheaper deal this summer.)

I wonder if this is the last we'll see of T-Will in the NBA. If you can't cut it with Rick Adelman or Kevin McHale, good luck getting someone else to give you a chance.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users