Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  majik19 : (13 October 2015 - 09:09 PM) Apparently we claimed Arsalan Kazemi off waivers from the Hawks today... yet another undersized (6'7") power forward for Morey's cupboard.
@  Mario Peña : (10 October 2015 - 01:12 PM) If your part if the Red94 Fantasy Basketball League check the thread to vote for the date and time for the draft event. Thanks y'all!
@  jorgeaam : (07 October 2015 - 08:47 PM) Guys we need 1 more owner for the Red94 fantasy league, if interested please comment on the post in the fantasy basketball thread
@  slick shoes : (07 October 2015 - 06:50 PM) Kobe ranked one spot higher than Ariza? Is this based on legacy or...??
@  slick shoes : (07 October 2015 - 04:13 PM) It was hard to keep up with both the Astros and Rockets at the same time. Should be interesting on Thursday with the Texans and Astros on simultaneously.
@  Mario Peña : (07 October 2015 - 04:09 PM) It was fun to have the Rockets on last night! Right now I'm watching the Celtics versus Milan and Alessandro Gentile is impressive.
@  jorgeaam : (06 October 2015 - 07:47 PM) Well, thinking twice about it, I'd rather have him score less and have the team as a whole do better. Lawson should take a lot of his load off
@  jorgeaam : (06 October 2015 - 07:47 PM) Loving that, hope he hits 30 PPG this year
@  thejohnnygold : (06 October 2015 - 06:15 PM) Someone is feeling confident :) : LINK
@  jorgeaam : (06 October 2015 - 05:54 PM) 10 Teams done, will need 2 more
@  Mario Peña : (06 October 2015 - 02:35 PM) Alright guys, if anyone is interested in joining the Red94 fantasy basketball league we could use one more player to get us to 10 teams (or three to get us to 12 teams). Just check the thread in the Fantasy Basketball forum. Thanks!
@  thejohnnygold : (05 October 2015 - 06:23 PM) I use leaguepass here in Austin with no problems...
@  skip 2 my lou : (05 October 2015 - 03:14 PM) Hey fellas, I'm a rocket fan but I live in the heart of Dallas. Does anybody know if I buy NBA Leaguepass if it's too close to be subject to blackouts?
@  Losthief : (02 October 2015 - 02:24 AM) tks jg
@  thejohnnygold : (29 September 2015 - 05:16 AM) FYI, it was media day today. Interviews are up at NBA.com
@  slick shoes : (23 September 2015 - 06:37 PM) kind of late in the day but NBATV is broadcasting classis Rockets games all day today.
@  SadLakerFan : (16 September 2015 - 04:37 AM) Man, as a Laker fan, I'm learning how little you care about the off season when your team sucks. Anyway, a quick moment to remember Moses. Still remember watching the 81 team as a kid - losing record, NBA Finals. I would have cried w/joy if they could have beaten the Celtics.
@  jorgeaam : (15 September 2015 - 08:30 PM) http://bleacherrepor...ist-after-crash
@  jorgeaam : (15 September 2015 - 08:30 PM) So to celebrate his new contract, Montrezl Harrell saved someone's life on monday
@  thejohnnygold : (14 September 2015 - 04:36 PM) A good article from Blinebury talking about when Hakeem and Moses used to play in the park. LINK

Photo

The Rockets Daily - August 22, 2013

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#21 BrentYen

BrentYen

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 22 August 2013 - 07:59 PM

What makes us the agrniest, are the jokes that we know are true.

Well, let's just hope the jokes does not come true.

Is a big Jeremy Lin fan and was a big ROX fan. More importantly, a huge bball fan in general.

#22 TeamBall

TeamBall

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 08:26 PM

Don't forget the fact that Bogut was not 100% and should be closer to full strength this coming season!

#23 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

glad you're on board, but I been on this boat since it left

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • 4,125 posts
    • Locationhouston

Posted 22 August 2013 - 08:49 PM

Because this line was the only line that feels weird.

why? maybe because you can't stand critics attacking your idol? when I read it the only thing that came to me was the joke part. I don't like Lin, but I don't get offended when he is praised unjustly. I think everyone is entitled to there own opinion. are you a Rocket fan or just a Lin fan? the Rockets don't revolve around Lin. he is only one of 15 players that may be on the roster come tip off time. do you realize that the more you defend him the more you open him up to be criticized. my point being if he was the player most of his defenders claim his play wouldn't even be discussed on this level. you have a right to your opinion, just don't get upset every time someone makes a statement against your opinion. this is a forum where ideas are exchanged freely. if your going to get uptight every time someone mentions him you're bound to spend a lot of time angry.

you can only warn a man that the bridge is out.....if he keeps driving he's on his own B)

#24 Buckko

Buckko

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 1,636 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 09:17 PM

why? maybe because you can't stand critics attacking your idol? when I read it the only thing that came to me was the joke part. I don't like Lin, but I don't get offended when he is praised unjustly. I think everyone is entitled to there own opinion. are you a Rocket fan or just a Lin fan? the Rockets don't revolve around Lin. he is only one of 15 players that may be on the roster come tip off time. do you realize that the more you defend him the more you open him up to be criticized. my point being if he was the player most of his defenders claim his play wouldn't even be discussed on this level. you have a right to your opinion, just don't get upset every time someone makes a statement against your opinion. this is a forum where ideas are exchanged freely. if your going to get uptight every time someone mentions him you're bound to spend a lot of time angry.

Ok RBF you don't need to give a lecture.

#25 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

• Members
      • PipPipPipPipPipPip
      • 4,125 posts
      • Locationhouston

Posted 22 August 2013 - 09:20 PM

Ok RBF you don't need to give a lecture.

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

you can only warn a man that the bridge is out.....if he keeps driving he's on his own B)

#26 timetodienow1234567

timetodienow1234567

Veteran

• Members
      • PipPipPipPipPipPip
      • 2,597 posts
      • LocationAlabama

Posted 22 August 2013 - 09:21 PM

I took that as a failed attempt at humor. Lets stop the personal attacks.

Why so Serious? :D

#27 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

• Members
      • PipPipPipPipPipPip
      • 4,125 posts
      • Locationhouston

Posted 22 August 2013 - 09:27 PM

I took that as a failed attempt at humor. Lets stop the personal attacks.

????????

#28 timetodienow1234567

timetodienow1234567

Veteran

• Members
      • PipPipPipPipPipPip
      • 2,597 posts
      • LocationAlabama

Posted 22 August 2013 - 09:33 PM

You called Lin his idol. If that's true and not an attack, then my bad.

#29 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

• Members
      • PipPipPipPipPipPip
      • 4,125 posts
      • Locationhouston

Posted 22 August 2013 - 10:05 PM

You called Lin his idol. If that's true and not an attack, then my bad.

whether that's true or not how is that a personal attack? explain your angle.......I'm not sure I understand where you are coming from.

#30 timetodienow1234567

timetodienow1234567

Veteran

• Members
      • PipPipPipPipPipPip
      • 2,597 posts
      • LocationAlabama

Posted 22 August 2013 - 10:21 PM

I guess you just don't understand. Never mind.

#31 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

• Members
      • PipPipPipPipPipPip
      • 4,125 posts
      • Locationhouston

Posted 22 August 2013 - 10:27 PM

I guess you just don't understand. Never mind.

no I don't understand how saying someone loves Lin as a player is a personal attack. I love Harden, Parsons and D-12 as players and would not be offended if someone other than me said so. I think you're trying to read to much into it.

#32 timetodienow1234567

timetodienow1234567

Veteran

• Members
      • PipPipPipPipPipPip
      • 2,597 posts
      • LocationAlabama

Posted 22 August 2013 - 10:29 PM

Idol is a strong word, IMO.

#33 thejohnnygold

thejohnnygold

Veteran

• Moderators
      • 4,137 posts
      • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 22 August 2013 - 10:29 PM

I don't think he meant ill by it.  To answer your question, RBF, he is a "Lin Only Fan"--LOF.  That is why his tagline has that in it.  Also for the record, Eby was just making a joke and that should be obvious not only because it was funny, but because he has a track record of doing so.  Lets all get off the eggshells around here, please.

#34 timetodienow1234567

timetodienow1234567

Veteran

• Members
      • PipPipPipPipPipPip
      • 2,597 posts
      • LocationAlabama

Posted 22 August 2013 - 10:35 PM

I took it as a joke, but it wasn't funny. I appreciate the effort though.

#35 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

• Members
      • PipPipPipPipPipPip
      • 4,125 posts
      • Locationhouston

Posted 22 August 2013 - 10:40 PM

I don't think he meant ill by it.  To answer your question, RBF, he is a "Lin Only Fan"--LOF.  That is why his tagline has that in it.  Also for the record, Eby was just making a joke and that should be obvious not only because it was funny, but because he has a track record of doing so.  Lets all get off the eggshells around here, please.

I see were speaking again? :lol: however on a more serious note I totally agree :lol: it seems in every thread it spirals into a Lin fight. some have become so sensitive on him he can not even be mentioned any more

#36 thejohnnygold

thejohnnygold

Veteran

• Moderators
      • 4,137 posts
      • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 22 August 2013 - 10:40 PM

Sorry Eby, looks like you're gettin' no respect :lol:

P_Rodney_Dangerfield_1.jpeg

#37 Buckko

Buckko

• Members
      • PipPipPipPipPip
      • 1,636 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 10:51 PM

????? This seems to have entered down a peculiar road, that or I need to stop being the outside man looking in. 

#38 Jeby

Jeby

• Members
        • PipPipPip
        • 208 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 12:37 AM

<br /><br /><p>Whoa. Just saw all the comments. The Lin injury comment was completely a joke. The door was open and I walked through.<br />
          To be clear: I love Lin and lean toward his side in the Lin v. Beverly debate.<br />
          Did I know that joke would drive Lin fans up the wall? Maybe. Relax.</p>

#39 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

• Members
          • PipPipPipPipPipPip
          • 4,125 posts
          • Locationhouston

Posted 23 August 2013 - 01:45 AM

<br /><br /><p>Whoa. Just saw all the comments. The Lin injury comment was completely a joke. The door was open and I walked through.<br />
          To be clear: I love Lin and lean toward his side in the Lin v. Beverly debate.<br />
          Did I know that joke would drive Lin fans up the wall? Maybe. Relax.</p>

you know Lin fans are sensitive :lol: what you trying to start a fight? :lol: on a more serious note I think your presentation was clear it was a joke, but every critical word on Lin joke or no joke will be attacked by his defenders. that's the only thing I think we really learned here.

I also want to take a moment to say what an outstanding job you are doing. keep up the good work. you have been both insightful and entertaining.

#40 BrentYen

BrentYen

• Members
          • PipPipPip
          • 339 posts
          • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 23 August 2013 - 02:04 AM

Calm down, man. I surely am just a Lin fan, but I am not a Rox hater. And I was not defending him, I just feel weired because that joke, that's all. The most improtant thing is, I am not angry at all. You seems more angry for sure. Just relax....I know it was a joke.

Is a big Jeremy Lin fan and was a big ROX fan. More importantly, a huge bball fan in general.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users