Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  majik19 : (13 October 2015 - 09:09 PM) Apparently we claimed Arsalan Kazemi off waivers from the Hawks today... yet another undersized (6'7") power forward for Morey's cupboard.
@  Mario Peña : (10 October 2015 - 01:12 PM) If your part if the Red94 Fantasy Basketball League check the thread to vote for the date and time for the draft event. Thanks y'all!
@  jorgeaam : (07 October 2015 - 08:47 PM) Guys we need 1 more owner for the Red94 fantasy league, if interested please comment on the post in the fantasy basketball thread
@  slick shoes : (07 October 2015 - 06:50 PM) Kobe ranked one spot higher than Ariza? Is this based on legacy or...??
@  slick shoes : (07 October 2015 - 04:13 PM) It was hard to keep up with both the Astros and Rockets at the same time. Should be interesting on Thursday with the Texans and Astros on simultaneously.
@  Mario Peña : (07 October 2015 - 04:09 PM) It was fun to have the Rockets on last night! Right now I'm watching the Celtics versus Milan and Alessandro Gentile is impressive.
@  jorgeaam : (06 October 2015 - 07:47 PM) Well, thinking twice about it, I'd rather have him score less and have the team as a whole do better. Lawson should take a lot of his load off
@  jorgeaam : (06 October 2015 - 07:47 PM) Loving that, hope he hits 30 PPG this year
@  thejohnnygold : (06 October 2015 - 06:15 PM) Someone is feeling confident :) : LINK
@  jorgeaam : (06 October 2015 - 05:54 PM) 10 Teams done, will need 2 more
@  Mario Peña : (06 October 2015 - 02:35 PM) Alright guys, if anyone is interested in joining the Red94 fantasy basketball league we could use one more player to get us to 10 teams (or three to get us to 12 teams). Just check the thread in the Fantasy Basketball forum. Thanks!
@  thejohnnygold : (05 October 2015 - 06:23 PM) I use leaguepass here in Austin with no problems...
@  skip 2 my lou : (05 October 2015 - 03:14 PM) Hey fellas, I'm a rocket fan but I live in the heart of Dallas. Does anybody know if I buy NBA Leaguepass if it's too close to be subject to blackouts?
@  Losthief : (02 October 2015 - 02:24 AM) tks jg
@  thejohnnygold : (29 September 2015 - 05:16 AM) FYI, it was media day today. Interviews are up at NBA.com
@  slick shoes : (23 September 2015 - 06:37 PM) kind of late in the day but NBATV is broadcasting classis Rockets games all day today.
@  SadLakerFan : (16 September 2015 - 04:37 AM) Man, as a Laker fan, I'm learning how little you care about the off season when your team sucks. Anyway, a quick moment to remember Moses. Still remember watching the 81 team as a kid - losing record, NBA Finals. I would have cried w/joy if they could have beaten the Celtics.
@  jorgeaam : (15 September 2015 - 08:30 PM) http://bleacherrepor...ist-after-crash
@  jorgeaam : (15 September 2015 - 08:30 PM) So to celebrate his new contract, Montrezl Harrell saved someone's life on monday
@  thejohnnygold : (14 September 2015 - 04:36 PM) A good article from Blinebury talking about when Hakeem and Moses used to play in the park. LINK

Photo

Realistic PF targets, and why LMA isn't one of them.

• Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

#41 Buckko

Buckko

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,636 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 01:30 AM

Seriously look up some articles about it.

#42 RollingWave

RollingWave

Advanced Member

• Members
    • PipPipPipPip
    • 506 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 01:34 AM

LMA is better than the other guys I mentioned, at least, if all of them were #1 options, but the key thing to note is that his primary ability over them is scoring, which would be greatly depressed as the #3 scoring option .

As for Bosh vs LMA, is this even a debate? can anyone legiatly say they actually watched the NBA for more than 3 years (or at least know what they're seeing) if they think LMA is better? that's like saying Iverson is better than Jordan. (ok maybe not that extreme, but still.)

Age 25 season, last year Bosh was the #1 option on a middle team 

(Per 36 numbers)

23.9 pts / .592 true shooting 

Age 25 season of LMA

19.8 pts / .549 true shooting

hell let's use LMA's age 26 season since that's was his best season. (never mind that was a strike shorten one.)

Age 26 season LMA

21.5 pts / .560 true shooting 

Bosh had 5 strait season that was clearly better than LMA last year. *5*  he does exactly the same things as LMA except that he's vastly better at the thing they're both best at, scoring. the efficiency difference between him and LMA is essentially that between Harden and Kobe last year. except that Bosh had the Kobe usage instead of the Harden one.

Edited by RollingWave, 23 August 2013 - 01:35 AM.

#43 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

glad you're on board, but I been on this boat since it left

• Members
      • PipPipPipPipPipPip
      • 4,125 posts
      • Locationhouston

Posted 23 August 2013 - 01:59 AM

@ Rollingwave

one big difference is LMA doesn't have a reputation for disappearing. Bosh does. now it remains to be seen if LMA will adjust better than Bosh to being the 3rd wheel, but as of now I would take LMA

you can only warn a man that the bridge is out.....if he keeps driving he's on his own B)

#44 Buckko

Buckko

• Members
      • PipPipPipPipPip
      • 1,636 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 02:10 AM

If it weren't for bosh Miami wouldn't have repeat. :)

#45 timetodienow1234567

timetodienow1234567

Veteran

• Members
        • PipPipPipPipPipPip
        • 2,596 posts
        • LocationAlabama

Posted 23 August 2013 - 02:11 AM

If it weren't for bosh Miami wouldn't have repeat. :)

True. But the same could be said for 8-9 guys for EVERY championship team. So I'm missing your point.

Why so Serious? :D

#46 Buckko

Buckko

• Members
        • PipPipPipPipPip
        • 1,636 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 02:17 AM

If bosh hadn't been there for that 1 rebound there would be no repeat.

#47 timetodienow1234567

timetodienow1234567

Veteran

• Members
          • PipPipPipPipPipPip
          • 2,596 posts
          • LocationAlabama

Posted 23 August 2013 - 02:19 AM

Lol.

Why so Serious? :D

#48 Cooper

Cooper

• Members
          • PipPipPipPipPip
          • 1,290 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 02:25 AM

Aldrige and the whole blazers team in general has disappeared the 2nd half of the last 2 years no one talks about it because they're the blazers. the heat are obviously under a bigger microscope and bosh is usually the easiest (not always unwarranted) to blame for their failures besides spoelstra.

#49 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

• Members
            • PipPipPipPipPipPip
            • 4,125 posts
            • Locationhouston

Posted 23 August 2013 - 02:31 AM

I'm sure LBJ and Wade had nothing to do with that repeat :lol:  :lol:

Aldrige and the whole blazers team in general has disappeared the 2nd half of the last 2 years no one talks about it because they're the blazers. the heat are obviously under a bigger microscope and bosh is usually the easiest (not always unwarranted) to blame for their failures besides spoelstra.

the Blazers tanked the last 2 seasons when it appeared they would fall short of the playoffs......big difference in tanking and disappearing

you can only warn a man that the bridge is out.....if he keeps driving he's on his own B)

#50 Buckko

Buckko

• Members
            • PipPipPipPipPip
            • 1,636 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 03:06 AM

I'm sure LBJ and Wade had nothing to do with that repeat :lol: :lol:

the Blazers tanked the last 2 seasons when it appeared they would fall short of the playoffs......big difference in tanking and disappearing

You cannot make a point without changing the subject, can you? You are continuing to prove me right.

#51 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

• Members
              • PipPipPipPipPipPip
              • 4,125 posts
              • Locationhouston

Posted 23 August 2013 - 03:12 AM

You cannot make a point without changing the subject, can you? You are continuing to prove me right.

how is that changing the subject.....you said if bosh didn't get that rebound there would be no repeat. I pointed out he wasn't alone in his contribution. it takes more than 1 rebound to win a championship.

#52 Buckko

Buckko

• Members
              • PipPipPipPipPip
              • 1,636 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 04:52 AM

how is that changing the subject.....you said if bosh didn't get that rebound there would be no repeat. I pointed out he wasn't alone in his contribution. it takes more than 1 rebound to win a championship.

This wasn't about lebron and wade, but how bosh is better than aldrige and how wade and lebron wouldn't have won if they didn't have Bosh.

#53 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

• Members
                • PipPipPipPipPipPip
                • 4,125 posts
                • Locationhouston

Posted 23 August 2013 - 05:06 AM

so you never made this statement? funny why your name is next to it :lol:

#54 Buckko

Buckko

• Members
                • PipPipPipPipPip
                • 1,636 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 05:23 AM

so you never made this statement? funny why your name is next to it :lol:

Yes I said that, without bosh, the heat would have not won, same thing with lebron, wade, and Allen. Bosh is still far better than aldrige. You're running in circles friend.

#55 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

• Members
                  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
                  • 4,125 posts
                  • Locationhouston

Posted 23 August 2013 - 05:55 AM

Yes I said that, without bosh, the heat would have not won, same thing with lebron, wade, and Allen. Bosh is still far better than aldrige. You're running in circles friend.

we just looked at the stats and seen how close they are so where do you get that " far better" from? I could argue that Bosh is only a shell of his former self according to his stats in Miami.....big 3 or no big 3 his play should not have fallen off that much, but it has.

#56 Buckko

Buckko

• Members
                  • PipPipPipPipPip
                  • 1,636 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 06:09 AM

Close, I don't think so, but hey perception is reality.

#57 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

• Members
                    • PipPipPipPipPipPip
                    • 4,125 posts
                    • Locationhouston

Posted 23 August 2013 - 06:11 AM

Close, I don't think so, but hey perception is reality.

now that's the first thing you've said I can agree with

#58 miketheodio

miketheodio

• Members
                    • PipPipPip
                    • 353 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 07:06 AM

im hoping parsons becomes the definite 3rd option so the 4 spot can basically be a solid role player.

#59 Losthief

Losthief

• Members
                      • PipPipPip
                      • 475 posts
                      • LocationHouston

Posted 23 August 2013 - 11:43 AM

im hoping parsons becomes the definite 3rd option so the 4 spot can basically be a solid role player.

i love parsons, but he's not a 3rd scoring option on a championship team. He could definetly be a 3rd ball handler/distributer and a above average rebounder/defender for a championship team. But he can't be the focus of a offense, which via injury, rest, or foul trouble you need your third option to be.

Point in case: I don't believe parsons ceiling is a high as say, manu when he played 3rd banana on offense to parker and duncan. Or as high as say bosh, who is playing that third focus role now on the heat. Or as good as bynum/gasol (whichever you think was 3rd option in that LA offense) ceilings.

I could be wrong here, but I hold out hope for that development at around 20%. He's an excellent glue guy, and I think a above average starter, but thats more for his two way play, I don't think he can be the focus of a offense. Love his passing and transition game tho.

P.S. that third option is why I like LMA for our team. He can be a focus, obviously, and you need that. Lin could develop it, or tjones/dmo, but again, I personally worry we don't have the time to let parsons, dmo, tjones, lin develop to that level before Howard isn't howard anymore on offense especially. Which is also why I like the LMA trade, cause as Howard deteriates, LMA can step up the post/inside scoring and Howard can fill the offense glass, rebounder/defender role we now are invisioning for Asik next to Howard. Now, im not saying DMO or TJones can't fill that role in 3 years, they might reach that level, but I 'know' LMA can do it already.

P.S.S. LMA played C for the Blazers this year defensively/effectively (the other starting 'big' man was JJ Hickson), so he has proven he can play and hold up at long minutes at the 5 position (and did so passably well, not as well as say Asik, Garnett, Howard, Noah, but on about the level of Brook Lopez, Gortat, etc etc, so he wouldn't be a total loss there like we had this year when Asik was out) . So his aquistion wouldn't automatically restrict dmo/tjones (whichever was left) from developing or getting playing time, as LMA could slide to the 5 and play with them at the 4 when Howard is out of the game.

I also haven't commented on the list, but I would take paul millsap in a hearbeat, and think long and hard about him over LMA. (If we could somehow keep Asik or a good backup center, then I'd take Millsap over Aldridge (especilaly at there respective prices), but I think Aldridge's ability to slide to the 5 makes him more valuable than Millsap for our team w/o Asik). The other three, I don't really like them if we have to give up anything, I think Amir is small minutes/sample size good stats territory from my eye test, and Erysan and Young are not really big enough upgrades over dmo/jones to give up anything for. But I haven't watched enough 76ers and Bucks basketball to really say, so i could EASILY be wrong on those last two.

LoSTHieF

I'd Rather Be Lucky Than Skilled

#60 Drew in Abilene

Drew in Abilene

• Moderators
                      • 301 posts
                      • LocationAbilene

Posted 23 August 2013 - 02:19 PM

Houston obviously has strong first and second options. In addition to that, I think the Rockets have three players who would be considered strong fourth options on a championship contender in Parsons, Lin, and Asik off the bench. I'm of the mindset that their combined strength can make up for not having a clear third option, especially since there is so much bench depth behind them.

I think that not having a clear third option gives each of those trio of players more flexibility to try to fill that role, as well as allows for more touches for players like Terrence Jones and D-Mo. My belief is that if either of them make some improvements, the Rockets could afford to stand pat and just continue to develop the talent they already have.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users