Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  majik19 : (13 October 2015 - 09:09 PM) Apparently we claimed Arsalan Kazemi off waivers from the Hawks today... yet another undersized (6'7") power forward for Morey's cupboard.
@  Mario Peña : (10 October 2015 - 01:12 PM) If your part if the Red94 Fantasy Basketball League check the thread to vote for the date and time for the draft event. Thanks y'all!
@  jorgeaam : (07 October 2015 - 08:47 PM) Guys we need 1 more owner for the Red94 fantasy league, if interested please comment on the post in the fantasy basketball thread
@  slick shoes : (07 October 2015 - 06:50 PM) Kobe ranked one spot higher than Ariza? Is this based on legacy or...??
@  slick shoes : (07 October 2015 - 04:13 PM) It was hard to keep up with both the Astros and Rockets at the same time. Should be interesting on Thursday with the Texans and Astros on simultaneously.
@  Mario Peña : (07 October 2015 - 04:09 PM) It was fun to have the Rockets on last night! Right now I'm watching the Celtics versus Milan and Alessandro Gentile is impressive.
@  jorgeaam : (06 October 2015 - 07:47 PM) Well, thinking twice about it, I'd rather have him score less and have the team as a whole do better. Lawson should take a lot of his load off
@  jorgeaam : (06 October 2015 - 07:47 PM) Loving that, hope he hits 30 PPG this year
@  thejohnnygold : (06 October 2015 - 06:15 PM) Someone is feeling confident :) : LINK
@  jorgeaam : (06 October 2015 - 05:54 PM) 10 Teams done, will need 2 more
@  Mario Peña : (06 October 2015 - 02:35 PM) Alright guys, if anyone is interested in joining the Red94 fantasy basketball league we could use one more player to get us to 10 teams (or three to get us to 12 teams). Just check the thread in the Fantasy Basketball forum. Thanks!
@  thejohnnygold : (05 October 2015 - 06:23 PM) I use leaguepass here in Austin with no problems...
@  skip 2 my lou : (05 October 2015 - 03:14 PM) Hey fellas, I'm a rocket fan but I live in the heart of Dallas. Does anybody know if I buy NBA Leaguepass if it's too close to be subject to blackouts?
@  Losthief : (02 October 2015 - 02:24 AM) tks jg
@  thejohnnygold : (29 September 2015 - 05:16 AM) FYI, it was media day today. Interviews are up at NBA.com
@  slick shoes : (23 September 2015 - 06:37 PM) kind of late in the day but NBATV is broadcasting classis Rockets games all day today.
@  SadLakerFan : (16 September 2015 - 04:37 AM) Man, as a Laker fan, I'm learning how little you care about the off season when your team sucks. Anyway, a quick moment to remember Moses. Still remember watching the 81 team as a kid - losing record, NBA Finals. I would have cried w/joy if they could have beaten the Celtics.
@  jorgeaam : (15 September 2015 - 08:30 PM) http://bleacherrepor...ist-after-crash
@  jorgeaam : (15 September 2015 - 08:30 PM) So to celebrate his new contract, Montrezl Harrell saved someone's life on monday
@  thejohnnygold : (14 September 2015 - 04:36 PM) A good article from Blinebury talking about when Hakeem and Moses used to play in the park. LINK

Photo

Jeremy Lin's stats given the Opportunity

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#41 Knickabokkaz

Knickabokkaz

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 12:49 PM

No, I'm not saying that. Let me put it another way.

There are certain types of people who hate certain players, and trying to have a reasonable conversation with that person about that player is a lose-lose situation as you can see here: http://www.red94.net...age-1?hl=jeremy

I see what you mean.

#42 Knickabokkaz

Knickabokkaz

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 182 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 02:16 PM

I like the way you framed all of that johnnygold though we may disagree. I actually think you may be correct in foretelling what could occur I just believe that Morey will eventually find a point guard that fits that scenario for a little less money. Morey will find an efficient ball handing point guard that commands less pay thus freeing up enough money for another top tier role player in my opinion.

By the way welcome Knickabokkaz (not sure if you are a Knicks fan?) and despite disagreeing with where you are going with it I must admit you constructed a very good argument and topic.

Yes I'm from Ny, I'm a Knick fan but I root for Houston in the west. And yes I rooted for Houston when they played the Knicks last yr.

#43 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

glad you're on board, but I been on this boat since it left

• Members
      • PipPipPipPipPipPip
      • 4,125 posts
      • Locationhouston

Posted 07 August 2013 - 02:31 PM

No, I'm not saying that. Let me put it another way.

There are certain types of people who hate certain players, and trying to have a reasonable conversation with that person about that player is a lose-lose situation as you can see here: http://www.red94.net...age-1?hl=jeremy

this type of advise coming from you is not surprising, but disappointing

I see what you mean.

I'll offer a little advise too. I have always been a person to does not form opinions on people until I have interacted with them myself. accepting preconceived ideas of some one else who may have had positive or negative experience with that person is a mistake until you yourself have also interacted with  said person

you can only warn a man that the bridge is out.....if he keeps driving he's on his own B)

#44 Knickabokkaz

Knickabokkaz

• Members
      • PipPipPip
      • 182 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 02:43 PM

FYI, this isn't an individual debate, this forum like most are based on the topics discussed and not personal vendettas. If you make a valid point, great, even if its against my own opinion. That's the whole point of debating. I respect the people who keep it logical and passionate with their opinion. What I don't respect is unworthy comments that have no validity. Such as "I just don't like this guy, he ain't a right fit" we'll why don't you like that guy? Other then your personal opinion? See where I'm getting at?

Back to the subject pls.

#45 Mario Peña

Mario Peña

Officer

• Moderators
        • 2,308 posts
        • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 07 August 2013 - 03:01 PM

Take it easy Knick, this debate has been going on long before you decided to make this topic, actually long before yesterday when you joined Red94. Also please don't only respect those you deem to be making logical arguments as you put it but I ask you to respect all Red94 forum members equally.
        How sweet it is!

#46 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

glad you're on board, but I been on this boat since it left

• Members
        • PipPipPipPipPipPip
        • 4,125 posts
        • Locationhouston

Posted 07 August 2013 - 03:07 PM

Take it easy Knick, this debate has been going on long before you decided to make this topic, actually long before yesterday when you joined Red94. Also please don't only respect those you deem to be making logical arguments as you put it but I ask you to respect all Red94 forum members equally.

I see your on the job today :rolleyes: I was about to make a similar statement. I believe we are all passionate when it comes to the Rockets. we just differ in how we think they should continue to build this team

you can only warn a man that the bridge is out.....if he keeps driving he's on his own B)

#47 thejohnnygold

thejohnnygold

Veteran

• Moderators
        • 4,133 posts
        • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 07 August 2013 - 03:15 PM

I like the way you framed all of that johnnygold though we may disagree. I actually think you may be correct in foretelling what could occur I just believe that Morey will eventually find a point guard that fits that scenario for a little less money. Morey will find an efficient ball handing point guard that commands less pay thus freeing up enough money for another top tier role player in my opinion.

By the way welcome Knickabokkaz (not sure if you are a Knicks fan?) and despite disagreeing with where you are going with it I must admit you constructed a very good argument and topic.

Thanks--and for the record I would be okay with that scenario as well.  If a trade does come along that enables us to at least stay on par at PG while creating more cap space that would be great--I just haven't been able to isolate such a trade when scanning other teams' rosters.  I think the best chance may be in 2015 at the trade deadline--and by that point Lin's on-court value will be much more accurate.

#48 Cooper

Cooper

• Members
        • PipPipPipPipPip
        • 1,290 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 03:23 PM

Lets debate this logic here, if we ignore money for a moment, would the Rockets be better last year with Chalmers and would the Heat be worse with Lin ? (and one should note, Chalmers isn't exactly making peanuts either.)

I would remind folks to take a look at Mario Chalmers assist to turnover ratio. and remember that everyone scores a lot easier with Lebron.

I don't see why we would be worse with chalmers and the heat would win the title with chalmers or Lin, lebron wade and bosh are too much for anyone. No one is making peanuts but chalmers makes signifcantly less. Chalmers assist to turnover was 2.3 which was .1less than lebron. And .2 BETTTER than Lin

#49 Buckko

Buckko

• Members
          • PipPipPipPipPip
          • 1,636 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 03:38 PM

@Knickabokkaz

I'll tell you what a good fit is.....a PG who can hit a spot up 3, run the offense when Harden isn't controlling the ball, be able to be an effective player even when he does not have the ball, play defense...........all of the things Lin isn't........we need a young derrick fisher. trust me there is no argument you can make for Lin I haven't heard. I respect your opinion, but I just don't agree with it. quote all the stats, make all the points you want and I will still believe he is a marginal player until he proves me wrong. Lin is no star. he's not garbage either. the things he is good at don't fit what is needed for this team. he makes to much money against the cap for what he brings to the table. that's my view of him. Lin is a player we on this forum have had much discussion on. I think you will find most here already locked into their opinions on him including me :lol: some favor you view....some do not. however the one thing we can all agree on is he is one of the most polarizing players in the game today

Well let him prove you wrong then.

#50 Buckko

Buckko

• Members
            • PipPipPipPipPip
            • 1,636 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 03:46 PM

One thing people tend to forget is if Harden gets injured, we are screwed because we don't have another ball handler or play-maker if we trade lin.

Lakers have nash if kobe is injured, Durant for Westbrook, Wade for Lebron, Manua/Leonard for Parker, etc...

If we don't have lin and Harden is injured, whose our play-maker? Beverley definitely isn't one, wanna bring Brooks out of reserves when he just is meant as a scorer?

I liked to use the same argument for trading Asik. Howard has proven he can get injured, so what if he does, you wanna start Smith because Camby can't play starter minutes. 

#51 Knickabokkaz

Knickabokkaz

• Members
              • PipPipPip
              • 182 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 03:46 PM

I don't know how many times Morey said it himself, in this system with a PnR system with Howard with James he fits right it. 5th best PnR player in the league. I gave specific stats/logic/theory. I'm still wondering what you gave me other then your opinion.

#52 Ostrow

Ostrow

Officer

• Members
                • PipPipPip
                • 437 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 03:56 PM

Chalmers is a significantly worse player.  His assist to TO ratio should be good, he never handles the ball.  When he starts, he's at best the #3 PG on the floor, when Ray Allen is on the floor as well, with LeBron at the 4, Chamlers is the 4th option to bring the ball up the floor.  Chalmers and Beverly are very similar players when you watch them play IMO.  Pesky on defense, long, tendency to gamble on D and pick up dumb fouls, can hit an open shot, not the guy who you want to have the ball in their hands.  Chalmers stats are helped immensely playing with LeBron, Wade, and Bosh.

#53 Cooper

Cooper

• Members
                  • PipPipPipPipPip
                  • 1,290 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 04:05 PM

One thing people tend to forget is if Harden gets injured, we are screwed because we don't have another ball handler or play-maker if we trade lin.
                    Lakers have nash if kobe is injured, Durant for Westbrook, Wade for Lebron, Manua/Leonard for Parker, etc...
                    If we don't have lin and Harden is injured, whose our play-maker? Beverley definitely isn't one, wanna bring Brooks out of reserves when he just is meant as a scorer?

I liked to use the same argument for trading Asik. Howard has proven he can get injured, so what if he does, you wanna start Smith because Camby can't play starter minutes.

We are screwed if harden is hurt either way, Lin isn't Westbrook or wade (even they are conference finals teams at best without durant/lebron) and the spurs would be screwed without Parker because Leonard can't be a primary scorer and manu has hit the wall in his career same with the lakers and Kobe being hurt Nash can't do it anymore.

Edited by Cooper, 07 August 2013 - 04:10 PM.

#54 BrentYen

BrentYen

• Members
                    • PipPipPip
                    • 339 posts
                    • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 07 August 2013 - 04:45 PM

We are screwed if harden is hurt either way, Lin isn't Westbrook or wade (even they are conference finals teams at best without durant/lebron) and the spurs would be screwed without Parker because Leonard can't be a primary scorer and manu has hit the wall in his career same with the lakers and Kobe being hurt Nash can't do it anymore.

By no means that Heats w/o LBJ and OKC w/o KD are conference final teams at best. But, yes, Lin isn't WB or Wade.

Is a big Jeremy Lin fan and was a big ROX fan. More importantly, a huge bball fan in general.

#55 Buckko

Buckko

• Members
                    • PipPipPipPipPip
                    • 1,636 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 05:15 PM

The idea is we wouldn't even have a ball handler if Harden went down and we traded lin. Lin is not wade or Westbrook, I don't know where you got the idea that I was comparing him to them in skill set. I was saying Lin can take over and run the offense if Harden goes down and he has proven he can do it well.

#56 Richards

Richards

• Members
                      • PipPipPip
                      • 393 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 06:01 PM

Back to the subject pls.

Sorry to stray away from it a bit. After Howard was singed, I thought we will be inundated with Howard related posts. Well, Howard news flooded but didn't last long. Lin might be the only player on Rockets we kept talking/debating about. JG just froze the "Don't give up on Jeremy Lin" thread after we debated for 35 pages with all kind of disagreements.  :) Currently, two more threads with Lin's name on it. This guy might be bigger than Tebow.

#57 Cooper

Cooper

• Members
                        • PipPipPipPipPip
                        • 1,290 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 06:02 PM

The idea is we wouldn't even have a ball handler if Harden went down and we traded lin. Lin is not wade or Westbrook, I don't know where you got the idea that I was comparing him to them in skill set. I was saying Lin can take over and run the offense if Harden goes down and he has proven he can do it well.

We wouldn't get out of the first round this year without harden. I got the idea of you comparing Lin to Westbrook wade kwahi Manu and Nash because you literally did.

#58 Buckko

Buckko

• Members
                          • PipPipPipPipPip
                          • 1,636 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 07:42 PM

We wouldn't get out of the first round this year without harden. I got the idea of you comparing Lin to Westbrook wade kwahi Manu and Nash because you literally did.

What I was saying was all those teams have other ball handlers should their primary one go down. We have lin and harden and if harden is out for a few games and we trade lin, we would be screwed without a ball handler and you can circle losing streak on your calender.

#59 Losthief

Losthief

• Members
                            • PipPipPip
                            • 475 posts
                            • LocationHouston

Posted 08 August 2013 - 02:05 AM

Depends on howard...he did take the magic with nelson/hedo (simliar to lin/parsons anyone?) to the finals in the east...i think we could win a series if howard returns to health/form/motivation...but thats another debate.

as to who the ideal fit would be at lin's salary (8 mil a year) is george hill imo. But alas, indy ain't gonna give him up.

p.s. if you were to go the mario chalmers route (shooter, defense, no running the team etc etc) avery bradley is who i would get. He fits the mario bill on offense, but is a game-changer defensively. By the way we had Mario Chalmers-ish clone last year in Douglas:

http://espn.go.com/n.../mario-chalmers

http://espn.go.com/n...8/toney-douglas

same body type/size, same offense style, same defense style (imo), except toney was a slightly better rebounder and scorer per 48 min, while chalmers was a slightly better assist man. And Toney lost out to Lin already.

LoSTHieF

I'd Rather Be Lucky Than Skilled

#60 RollingWave

RollingWave

Advanced Member

• Members
                            • PipPipPipPip
                            • 506 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 02:10 AM

I don't see why we would be worse with chalmers and the heat would win the title with chalmers or Lin, lebron wade and bosh are too much for anyone. No one is making peanuts but chalmers makes signifcantly less. Chalmers assist to turnover was 2.3 which was .1less than lebron. And .2 BETTTER than Lin

your not reading the underlying stats behind those.

try AST% versus TOV% on BR and try the related passing and hands rating on 82games

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users