Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  majik19 : (13 October 2015 - 09:09 PM) Apparently we claimed Arsalan Kazemi off waivers from the Hawks today... yet another undersized (6'7") power forward for Morey's cupboard.
@  Mario Peña : (10 October 2015 - 01:12 PM) If your part if the Red94 Fantasy Basketball League check the thread to vote for the date and time for the draft event. Thanks y'all!
@  jorgeaam : (07 October 2015 - 08:47 PM) Guys we need 1 more owner for the Red94 fantasy league, if interested please comment on the post in the fantasy basketball thread
@  slick shoes : (07 October 2015 - 06:50 PM) Kobe ranked one spot higher than Ariza? Is this based on legacy or...??
@  slick shoes : (07 October 2015 - 04:13 PM) It was hard to keep up with both the Astros and Rockets at the same time. Should be interesting on Thursday with the Texans and Astros on simultaneously.
@  Mario Peña : (07 October 2015 - 04:09 PM) It was fun to have the Rockets on last night! Right now I'm watching the Celtics versus Milan and Alessandro Gentile is impressive.
@  jorgeaam : (06 October 2015 - 07:47 PM) Well, thinking twice about it, I'd rather have him score less and have the team as a whole do better. Lawson should take a lot of his load off
@  jorgeaam : (06 October 2015 - 07:47 PM) Loving that, hope he hits 30 PPG this year
@  thejohnnygold : (06 October 2015 - 06:15 PM) Someone is feeling confident :) : LINK
@  jorgeaam : (06 October 2015 - 05:54 PM) 10 Teams done, will need 2 more
@  Mario Peña : (06 October 2015 - 02:35 PM) Alright guys, if anyone is interested in joining the Red94 fantasy basketball league we could use one more player to get us to 10 teams (or three to get us to 12 teams). Just check the thread in the Fantasy Basketball forum. Thanks!
@  thejohnnygold : (05 October 2015 - 06:23 PM) I use leaguepass here in Austin with no problems...
@  skip 2 my lou : (05 October 2015 - 03:14 PM) Hey fellas, I'm a rocket fan but I live in the heart of Dallas. Does anybody know if I buy NBA Leaguepass if it's too close to be subject to blackouts?
@  Losthief : (02 October 2015 - 02:24 AM) tks jg
@  thejohnnygold : (29 September 2015 - 05:16 AM) FYI, it was media day today. Interviews are up at NBA.com
@  slick shoes : (23 September 2015 - 06:37 PM) kind of late in the day but NBATV is broadcasting classis Rockets games all day today.
@  SadLakerFan : (16 September 2015 - 04:37 AM) Man, as a Laker fan, I'm learning how little you care about the off season when your team sucks. Anyway, a quick moment to remember Moses. Still remember watching the 81 team as a kid - losing record, NBA Finals. I would have cried w/joy if they could have beaten the Celtics.
@  jorgeaam : (15 September 2015 - 08:30 PM) http://bleacherrepor...ist-after-crash
@  jorgeaam : (15 September 2015 - 08:30 PM) So to celebrate his new contract, Montrezl Harrell saved someone's life on monday
@  thejohnnygold : (14 September 2015 - 04:36 PM) A good article from Blinebury talking about when Hakeem and Moses used to play in the park. LINK

Photo

Which player has the higher ceiling?

• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

Poll: Higher Ceilings? (27 member(s) have cast votes)

Which young PG has the highest ceiling?

1. John Wall (11 votes [40.74%])

Percentage of vote: 40.74%

2. Kyrie Irving (11 votes [40.74%])

3. Jrue Holiday (1 votes [3.70%])

Percentage of vote: 3.70%

4. Damien Lilliard (4 votes [14.81%])

Percentage of vote: 14.81%

Which young SG/SF has the highest ceiling?

1. Ben Mclemore (1 votes [3.70%])

2. Victor Oladipo (3 votes [11.11%])

Percentage of vote: 11.11%

3. Klay Thompson (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. Jimmy Butler (0 votes [0.00%])

5. Kawhi Leonard (6 votes [22.22%])

Percentage of vote: 22.22%

6. Chandler Parsons (2 votes [7.41%])

Percentage of vote: 7.41%

7. Jeff Green (1 votes [3.70%])

8. Paul George (14 votes [51.85%])

Percentage of vote: 51.85%

Which young PF/C has the higher ceiling?

1. Andre Drummond (10 votes [37.04%])

Percentage of vote: 37.04%

2. Anthony Davis (11 votes [40.74%])

3. Anthony Bennett (1 votes [3.70%])

4. Nerlens Noel (0 votes [0.00%])

5. Demarcus Cousins (5 votes [18.52%])

Percentage of vote: 18.52%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#81 Buckko

Buckko

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,636 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 02:00 AM

True...but because its in my head now:

As of right now:

Athleticism=Kawhi (but its semi-close, strength goes to Kawhi though)

Scoring=Even

Shooting=Parsons

Post Game=Kawhi

Finishing at/around Rim=Even

Passing=Parsons (underrated passer really)

Dribbling/Driving=Kawhi but close, full court/fastbreak would probably be parsons.

Pick and Roll Def=Even

Recovering to Shooters=Kawhi (his timing is remarkable)

Post Defense=Kawhi (solely on strength)

1 v 1 defense=Even

Pick/Screen Setting=Kawhi

Running off Screens=??? didn't see enough of either guy in this role

Clutch=Parsons :D (though Kawhi did good in the finals on his oppurtunities, i've seen parsons do it more :D)

just my eye test though on that stuff, don't have the stats, or the time right now to look, so take with big grain of salt or look it up and prove me right/wrong as the case may be. Love to hear ya'lls opinion on it though.

p.s. As for off-court/intangiables/leadership i think parsons wins that in a landslide as a leader type player, though it'd be hard for Kawhi to get a chance like parsons did with that locker room so that could even up later, but definelty parsons for now on that. I do think Kawhi's Talent Ceiling is slightly higher than parsons, but i could be wrong, and not every one reaches their respective cielings anyways.

Parsons wins on scoring too. He averaged 2pts more than Kawhi

#82 Losthief

Losthief

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 475 posts
    • LocationHouston

Posted 08 August 2013 - 02:31 AM

Parsons wins on scoring too. He averaged 2pts more than Kawhi

Fair enough...though chandler did shoot more iirc, but yeah that can go parsons way if you'd like, im not going to argue it.

i forgot rebounding, which is obviously Kawhi's by the by. Dunno how i forgot to list that lol. The rockets homer in me i guess.

Edited by Losthief, 08 August 2013 - 02:31 AM.

LoSTHieF

I'd Rather Be Lucky Than Skilled

#83 timetodienow1234567

timetodienow1234567

Veteran

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • 2,596 posts
    • LocationAlabama

Posted 08 August 2013 - 03:09 AM

Fair enough...though chandler did shoot more iirc, but yeah that can go parsons way if you'd like, im not going to argue it.

i forgot rebounding, which is obviously Kawhi's by the by. Dunno how i forgot to list that lol. The rockets homer in me i guess.

I started a thread listing the big difference between Kawhi and Chandler on defense.

Why so Serious? :D

#84 timetodienow1234567

timetodienow1234567

Veteran

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • 2,596 posts
    • LocationAlabama

Posted 09 August 2013 - 10:29 PM

Okay, so now that the poll seems to have died down. Let's analyze the results.

For point guards, it's split pretty evenly between Irving and Wall. Damien's a distant third and Jrue pitifully is last. I think that coincides with what I figured going in to the poll. 

For SG/SF, it's leaning pretty heavily towards Paul George. I did not expect that. I know George was pretty good last year, with the addition of Granger back into the lineup, George will get even less touches and I don't know if he even makes the all star game. That team is just so good that everybody is in contention for an all star spot. That team reminds me of the championship pistons.

My pick, Kawhi finished second, which I figured. I am surprised that Parsons received very little love though.

As for the PF/C spot, I am surprised that Davis beat out Drummond. 

#85 Buckko

Buckko

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 1,636 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 11:27 PM

Okay, so now that the poll seems to have died down. Let's analyze the results.

For point guards, it's split pretty evenly between Irving and Wall. Damien's a distant third and Jrue pitifully is last. I think that coincides with what I figured going in to the poll. 

For SG/SF, it's leaning pretty heavily towards Paul George. I did not expect that. I know George was pretty good last year, with the addition of Granger back into the lineup, George will get even less touches and I don't know if he even makes the all star game. That team is just so good that everybody is in contention for an all star spot. That team reminds me of the championship pistons.

My pick, Kawhi finished second, which I figured. I am surprised that Parsons received very little love though.

As for the PF/C spot, I am surprised that Davis beat out Drummond. 

Paul George is a fantastic player an allstar, but not superstar like elite few level.

#86 timetodienow1234567

timetodienow1234567

Veteran

• Members
      • PipPipPipPipPipPip
      • 2,596 posts
      • LocationAlabama

Posted 10 August 2013 - 01:17 AM

Paul George is a fantastic player an allstar, but not superstar like elite few level.

I agree, although he's got potential to eventually wind up there. But I do think Leonard has the higher ceiling. The only thing George has on Leonard is height and a little more refined offensive game.

#87 Buckko

Buckko

• Members
      • PipPipPipPipPip
      • 1,636 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 02:54 AM

I agree, although he's got potential to eventually wind up there. But I do think Leonard has the higher ceiling. The only thing George has on Leonard is height and a little more refined offensive game.

George handles the ball like its covered in butter though with all his turnovers.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users