Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Losthief : (02 October 2015 - 02:24 AM) tks jg
@  thejohnnygold : (29 September 2015 - 05:16 AM) FYI, it was media day today. Interviews are up at NBA.com
@  slick shoes : (23 September 2015 - 06:37 PM) kind of late in the day but NBATV is broadcasting classis Rockets games all day today.
@  SadLakerFan : (16 September 2015 - 04:37 AM) Man, as a Laker fan, I'm learning how little you care about the off season when your team sucks. Anyway, a quick moment to remember Moses. Still remember watching the 81 team as a kid - losing record, NBA Finals. I would have cried w/joy if they could have beaten the Celtics.
@  jorgeaam : (15 September 2015 - 08:30 PM) http://bleacherrepor...ist-after-crash
@  jorgeaam : (15 September 2015 - 08:30 PM) So to celebrate his new contract, Montrezl Harrell saved someone's life on monday
@  thejohnnygold : (14 September 2015 - 04:36 PM) A good article from Blinebury talking about when Hakeem and Moses used to play in the park. LINK
@  rockets best... : (14 September 2015 - 02:29 AM) I agree totally. I got to watch his Rocket days and the man was a hell of a player. BIG MO R.I.P.
@  Mario Peña : (13 September 2015 - 05:24 PM) Sad to see Moses pass. I don't remember watching him as a Rocket but I do remember his Philly and Hawks teams. He was the perfect man to mentor Dream. It's a very sad day for his family and friends and there are many.
@  majik19 : (12 September 2015 - 09:01 PM) i just saw a post wishing Yao Ming a happy 35th birthday... am I the only one whose mind is blown that he's only 35?
@  cointurtlemoose : (08 September 2015 - 01:17 AM) aaaah, thanks jorge
@  jorgeaam : (08 September 2015 - 12:21 AM) Love it how Hinkie and Morey always target the same players, but hoping he isn't another Covington
@  thejohnnygold : (08 September 2015 - 12:03 AM) Christian Wood has signed with Philly
@  jorgeaam : (07 September 2015 - 10:32 PM) If I'm not wrong, he hasn't been waived yet, they have until october 4th to do that
@  cointurtlemoose : (07 September 2015 - 05:39 PM) Anyone else surprised that Kostas hasn't gotten picked up by anyone yet? I wanna see that guy play somewhere
@  redfaithful : (05 September 2015 - 10:48 PM) Llull line from today loss to Serbia: 30MIN 1-10PG, 0-5 3PG, 4-4FT 6AST, 1TO, 4REB, +/- -11
@  Losthief : (03 September 2015 - 02:27 AM) this dude's gun fired and all he got a misdemeanor at bush lol: http://abc13.com/new...ush-iah/815795/
@  Losthief : (03 September 2015 - 02:26 AM) theres more articles all over, but the jist is houston (and texas) doesn't really arrest for it, they just recommend you leave it in your car when they catch it. So seems dwight got lucky he was in texas and not cali or the NE.
@  Losthief : (03 September 2015 - 02:22 AM) honestly we should just be glad they caught it...
@  Losthief : (03 September 2015 - 02:21 AM) response: http://nymag.com/dai...n_airplane.html

Photo

Camby as the old veteran presence?

• Please log in to reply
168 replies to this topic

#41 Mario Peña

Mario Peña

Officer

• Moderators
  • 2,298 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 28 July 2013 - 05:35 PM

Well done by Morey and great news for the Rockets. Forget 2 year projects (mostly) it's time to win now.

Check the Camby link for the update:

http://www4.fantrax....29kbtgnhjbfgnk8

Also Jonathan Feigen of the Chronicle on twitter just now:

"Rockets are expected to sign Marcus Camby today, source said."
How sweet it is!

#42 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

glad you're on board, but I been on this boat since it left

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,122 posts
  • Locationhouston

Posted 28 July 2013 - 05:46 PM

Well done by Morey and great news for the Rockets. Forget 2 year projects (mostly) it's time to win now.

Check the Camby link for the update:

http://www4.fantrax....29kbtgnhjbfgnk8

Also Jonathan Feigen of the Chronicle on twitter just now:

"Rockets are expected to sign Marcus Camby today, source said."

that's good news

you can only warn a man that the bridge is out.....if he keeps driving he's on his own B)

#43 redfaithful

redfaithful

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
  • LocationIsrael

Posted 28 July 2013 - 07:03 PM

Camby must play in back-to-backs, either allowing Asik a day off or even better - let DH rest, start Asik and bring Camby off the bench. That will reduce risk injury, and get the team ready in case it occurs.

#44 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,122 posts
  • Locationhouston

Posted 28 July 2013 - 08:00 PM

Camby must play in back-to-backs, either allowing Asik a day off or even better - let DH rest, start Asik and bring Camby off the bench. That will reduce risk injury, and get the team ready in case it occurs.

Camby is only an insurance policy in case of injury or we move Asik

you can only warn a man that the bridge is out.....if he keeps driving he's on his own B)

#45 Buckko

Buckko

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,636 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 08:02 PM

Insurance and locker room presence, hey he good teach Greg how to rebound and defend.

#46 hizzobbes

hizzobbes

Rookie

• Members
    • PipPip
    • 52 posts
    • LocationHouston

Posted 28 July 2013 - 08:43 PM

1. Dwight Howard              $20,513,178

2. James Harden                 13,668,750

3. Chandler Parsons                926,500

4. Jeremy Lin                        8,374,646

5. Omer Asik                         8,374,646

6. Terrence Jones                 1,551,840

7. Donatas Montiejunas         1,422,720

8. Patrick Beverley                   788,872

9. Greg Smith                           884,293

10. Francisco Garcia             1,265,977

11. Omri Casspi                        947,907

12. Isaiah Canaan                     570,515

13. Aaron Brooks                      884,293

14. Marcus Camby                    884,293

15. Reggie Williams                   947,907

16. Robert Covington               490,180

17. B.J. Young                          490,180

18. Jordan Henriquez               490,180

*Tyler Honeycutt                       100,000

Total:                                 $63,576,877

Three guys will have to be cut before the start of the season. Young and Henriquez are the most likely... The question is, who will be the third? Or is it possible we'll have a minor trade go down? Smith seems like a likely candidate for a trade, Reggie Williams and Robert Covington could be cut while leaving only half a mil on the cap.... Aaron Brooks is fully unguaranteed... Camp should be interesting. 

Edited by hizzobbes, 28 July 2013 - 08:48 PM.

"I am the stone that the builder refused..."

#47 coachwood

coachwood

• Members
    • Pip
    • 20 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 08:48 PM

i think so of your numbers are off, jlin makes more than a milion, tjones and parsons dont make that much, and you left out beard... idk maybe just your formatting.

#48 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

• Members
      • PipPipPipPipPipPip
      • 4,122 posts
      • Locationhouston

Posted 28 July 2013 - 08:55 PM

i think so of your numbers are off, jlin makes more than a milion, tjones and parsons dont make that much, and you left out beard... idk maybe just your formatting.

the only one I see wrong is Camby.......he makes1.4 mil.......the others look right or close to it

#49 hizzobbes

hizzobbes

Rookie

• Members
      • PipPip
      • 52 posts
      • LocationHouston

Posted 28 July 2013 - 08:59 PM

the only one I see wrong is Camby.......he makes1.4 mil.......the others look right or close to it

Since Camby signed a 1 year vet deal the Rockets only pay him $884,293 while the league picks up the rest of the check (same as AB). 

Per http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm question 16. 

When a player has been in the NBA for three or more seasons, and is playing under a one-year, 10-day or rest-of-season contract at the minimum salary, the league reimburses the team for part of his salary -- any amount above the minimum salary level for a two-year veteran3. For example, in 2011-12 the minimum salary for a two-year veteran is $854,389, so for a ten-year veteran, with a minimum salary of $1,352,181, the league would reimburse the team $497,792. Only the two-year minimum salary is included in the team salary, not the player's full salary. They do this so teams won't shy away from signing older veterans simply because they are more expensive than younger veterans.

Now update the $854,389 to this years vet min and it's $884,293. 

Edited by hizzobbes, 28 July 2013 - 09:01 PM.

#50 hizzobbes

hizzobbes

Rookie

• Members
      • PipPip
      • 52 posts
      • LocationHouston

Posted 28 July 2013 - 09:02 PM

I submitted my edit right as you posted, the format I used to copy and paste messed up somehow so I had to rearrange them. 

#51 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

• Members
      • PipPipPipPipPipPip
      • 4,122 posts
      • Locationhouston

Posted 28 July 2013 - 09:08 PM

Since Camby signed a 1 year vet deal the Rockets only pay him $884,293 while the league picks up the rest of the check (same as AB). 

Per http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm question 16. 

Now update the $854,389 to this years vet min and it's $884,293. 

true, but I didn't realize you were factoring that in. I just assumed you were listing how much each player makes

#52 hizzobbes

hizzobbes

Rookie

• Members
      • PipPip
      • 52 posts
      • LocationHouston

Posted 28 July 2013 - 09:17 PM

Yup yup. I don't care how much they are actually getting paid, only how it affects our cap lol. Otherwise I'd have to adjust Jeremy and Omer to the 5+mil they're actually getting paid this year and I think all that is misleading. 

What I'm concerned about is the cap and the tax threshold. With all 18 players we're about 900k over the thresh hold so obviously after 3 cuts we'll be below that which is good news. 

#53 hizzobbes

hizzobbes

Rookie

• Members
      • PipPip
      • 52 posts
      • LocationHouston

Posted 28 July 2013 - 09:22 PM

Well damn. Now I see that I forgot to update my James Harden number for his % raise. He will actually be making $13,701,250 which puts our total to $63,609,377. 

Not a major difference but still, sorry about that. 

#54 Cooper

Cooper

• Members
      • PipPipPipPipPip
      • 1,290 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 09:44 PM

The lux tax level is a little over 70mill

#55 Buckko

Buckko

• Members
        • PipPipPipPipPip
        • 1,636 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 09:52 PM

We are going to send 3 guys down to the d-league for this season so we will have our 15 man roster.

#56 hizzobbes

hizzobbes

Rookie

• Members
          • PipPip
          • 52 posts
          • LocationHouston

Posted 28 July 2013 - 10:21 PM

The lux tax level is a little over 70mill

You're right. I confused the apron as being relative to the cap instead of the tax line, which is wrong. 

So here's how it breaks down:

Min Cap = 52,811,000
          Max Cap = 58,679,000

Tax Line = 71,748,000

There is a 4 million dollar apron over the tax line. Under certain circumstances a team could trigger a hard cap equal to the tax line + the apron. This means that under certain circumstances their team salary absolutely can not go above 75,748,000. 

The Rockets are well below the tax line, even though we're over the cap. 

#57 hizzobbes

hizzobbes

Rookie

• Members
          • PipPip
          • 52 posts
          • LocationHouston

Posted 28 July 2013 - 10:25 PM

We are going to send 3 guys down to the d-league for this season so we will have our 15 man roster.

We can't technically send the three guys to the D-League. We can cut them and then our D-League team has the rights to sign them over other D-League teams. NBA teams can still offer them a contract, even if it's unlikely that happens. 

I posted a review of this in the Henriquez thread so lets not clog up this thread with that debate. 

We can however send guys who are part of the 15 man roster to the D-League and other teams can't touch them... This happened with D Mo and T Jones last year and will likely happen with Canaan this year. 

Edited by hizzobbes, 28 July 2013 - 10:30 PM.

#58 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

• Members
          • PipPipPipPipPipPip
          • 4,122 posts
          • Locationhouston

Posted 28 July 2013 - 11:41 PM

We can't technically send the three guys to the D-League. We can cut them and then our D-League team has the rights to sign them over other D-League teams. NBA teams can still offer them a contract, even if it's unlikely that happens. 

I posted a review of this in the Henriquez thread so lets not clog up this thread with that debate. 

We can however send guys who are part of the 15 man roster to the D-League and other teams can't touch them... This happened with D Mo and T Jones last year and will likely happen with Canaan this year. 

it's likely that one or more of the players we cut will be picked up by other NBA teams. with Sam Hinkie in Philly I wouldn't be  surprised to see Philly take in one..........remember they sucked up Anderson as soon as we let him go. also the new GM in Dallas......Rosas......both these guys know what kind of talent our roster contains and may be looking to get some promising talent cheap. that's one of the draw backs of losing people from our front office staff.

#59 hizzobbes

hizzobbes

Rookie

• Members
          • PipPip
          • 52 posts
          • LocationHouston

Posted 28 July 2013 - 11:53 PM

Yeah it's entirely possible but still, those other teams have their own D-League guys and camp bodies they'll be looking at. I think if anyone, Covington would be the most likely to get picked up by another team and I'm kind of hoping we keep him. I'm not really worried about Henriquez or Young even though they do have the possibility to develop a nice game. 

#60 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

• Members
          • PipPipPipPipPipPip
          • 4,122 posts
          • Locationhouston

Posted 29 July 2013 - 12:02 AM

Yeah it's entirely possible but still, those other teams have their own D-League guys and camp bodies they'll be looking at. I think if anyone, Covington would be the most likely to get picked up by another team and I'm kind of hoping we keep him. I'm not really worried about Henriquez or Young even though they do have the possibility to develop a nice game. 

true.......... they do have their own prospects, however they may not yet trust their scouting departments without them having made some changes and may be looking to go with known prospects. it's likely they are very familiar with our young prospects. just like we know they are promising..........they know it too.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users