Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Mario Peña : (10 October 2015 - 01:12 PM) If your part if the Red94 Fantasy Basketball League check the thread to vote for the date and time for the draft event. Thanks y'all!
@  jorgeaam : (07 October 2015 - 08:47 PM) Guys we need 1 more owner for the Red94 fantasy league, if interested please comment on the post in the fantasy basketball thread
@  slick shoes : (07 October 2015 - 06:50 PM) Kobe ranked one spot higher than Ariza? Is this based on legacy or...??
@  slick shoes : (07 October 2015 - 04:13 PM) It was hard to keep up with both the Astros and Rockets at the same time. Should be interesting on Thursday with the Texans and Astros on simultaneously.
@  Mario Peña : (07 October 2015 - 04:09 PM) It was fun to have the Rockets on last night! Right now I'm watching the Celtics versus Milan and Alessandro Gentile is impressive.
@  jorgeaam : (06 October 2015 - 07:47 PM) Well, thinking twice about it, I'd rather have him score less and have the team as a whole do better. Lawson should take a lot of his load off
@  jorgeaam : (06 October 2015 - 07:47 PM) Loving that, hope he hits 30 PPG this year
@  thejohnnygold : (06 October 2015 - 06:15 PM) Someone is feeling confident :) : LINK
@  jorgeaam : (06 October 2015 - 05:54 PM) 10 Teams done, will need 2 more
@  Mario Peña : (06 October 2015 - 02:35 PM) Alright guys, if anyone is interested in joining the Red94 fantasy basketball league we could use one more player to get us to 10 teams (or three to get us to 12 teams). Just check the thread in the Fantasy Basketball forum. Thanks!
@  thejohnnygold : (05 October 2015 - 06:23 PM) I use leaguepass here in Austin with no problems...
@  skip 2 my lou : (05 October 2015 - 03:14 PM) Hey fellas, I'm a rocket fan but I live in the heart of Dallas. Does anybody know if I buy NBA Leaguepass if it's too close to be subject to blackouts?
@  Losthief : (02 October 2015 - 02:24 AM) tks jg
@  thejohnnygold : (29 September 2015 - 05:16 AM) FYI, it was media day today. Interviews are up at NBA.com
@  slick shoes : (23 September 2015 - 06:37 PM) kind of late in the day but NBATV is broadcasting classis Rockets games all day today.
@  SadLakerFan : (16 September 2015 - 04:37 AM) Man, as a Laker fan, I'm learning how little you care about the off season when your team sucks. Anyway, a quick moment to remember Moses. Still remember watching the 81 team as a kid - losing record, NBA Finals. I would have cried w/joy if they could have beaten the Celtics.
@  jorgeaam : (15 September 2015 - 08:30 PM) http://bleacherrepor...ist-after-crash
@  jorgeaam : (15 September 2015 - 08:30 PM) So to celebrate his new contract, Montrezl Harrell saved someone's life on monday
@  thejohnnygold : (14 September 2015 - 04:36 PM) A good article from Blinebury talking about when Hakeem and Moses used to play in the park. LINK
@  rockets best... : (14 September 2015 - 02:29 AM) I agree totally. I got to watch his Rocket days and the man was a hell of a player. BIG MO R.I.P.

Photo

Talking Howard, Asik, Lin and looking ahead

• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

#41 bboley24

bboley24

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 02:28 AM

Is Abrooks too expensive to bring back?  I love the kid!  I know he is bev.1 but he was a good POINT GUARD 

#42 Steven

Steven

Veteran

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • 2,008 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 02:38 AM

Is Abrooks too expensive to bring back? I love the kid! I know he is bev.1 but he was a good POINT GUARD

Already got three. Don't need another especially one who won't play.

#43 Rockets fan newton

Rockets fan newton

• Members
      • PipPipPip
      • 144 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 07:46 PM

Man guys I have some trades i am falling in love with..I also think we should move Asik now..love Jimmer, I really want him on thiS team next year don't care how they get it done..I really like Anderson and Rivers for Asik and Dmo..gives us a lot of shooting and space..starting to like him going to clevland for Verajao and maybe Cj Miles..he is said to be coming back strong and will recover..he gives us a great energy guy now that reb great and can def Pf well..and more importantly he has a 10 mil team option next year were we can clear great space to add to this team next year..the kings have so many redundant players on that team..would love a Jimmer/Thornton and Jason Thompson for Asik and Dmo..All three of those trades really helps our team and doesn't hurt our future..would be really excited to have either!!!

#44 Dan G

Dan G

• Members
        • PipPipPip
        • 247 posts
        • LocationEast Texas

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:49 AM

Oh yeah and also I think either Lin gets traded during this coming season or he doesn't get traded. We need to remember that even though he only takes up 8.3 mil as far as the salary cap is concerned in each of the next two seasons, he will actually get paid 5 mil this season and a whopping 15 mil next season. I don't think too many owners are going to want to pay him that much that final season. If you trade him now that will average out to 10 mil a season which is more bearable and in fact a steal this season at 5 mil, but come next season or even the trade deadline, I wouldn't think too many people will be lining up to pay Lin that much unless he is flat out balling and in that case, why would we trade him?

Edit: Oops wrong thread.

Edited by Dan G, 10 July 2013 - 07:54 AM.

:lol: All in the game, yo, :D all in the game :lol:!

#45 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

glad you're on board, but I been on this boat since it left

• Members
        • PipPipPipPipPipPip
        • 4,123 posts
        • Locationhouston

Posted 10 July 2013 - 08:13 AM

Oh yeah and also I think either Lin gets traded during this coming season or he doesn't get traded. We need to remember that even though he only takes up 8.3 mil as far as the salary cap is concerned in each of the next two seasons, he will actually get paid 5 mil this season and a whopping 15 mil next season. I don't think too many owners are going to want to pay him that much that final season. If you trade him now that will average out to 10 mil a season which is more bearable and in fact a steal this season at 5 mil, but come next season or even the trade deadline, I wouldn't think too many people will be lining up to pay Lin that much unless he is flat out balling and in that case, why would we trade him?

Edit: Oops wrong thread.

totally agree. that's why now is the time to trade him. the closer he gets to next  year the harder he will be to move

you can only warn a man that the bridge is out.....if he keeps driving he's on his own B)

#46 quatin

quatin

• Members
        • Pip
        • 48 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 02:12 PM

totally agree. that's why now is the time to trade him. the closer he gets to next  year the harder he will be to move

Large expiring contracts are trade commodities. With the big 2014 free agent list, a lot of teams are going to want to make space. Lin and Asik would make good trade pieces then.

#47 webattorney

webattorney

Rookie

• Members
          • PipPip
          • 50 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 03:30 PM

I think PB is suitable for a back-up PG.  I also think Rockets should trade Lin IF they do not plan to use him as the primary ball-handling PG because I think Rockets can find a PG who can cut and make long jumpers better than Lin.  Having said this, I think Rockets should experiment with several set-ups to see which players fit best with Howard.  I do feel that Lin's assist numbers will definitely go up playing with Howard if he's not traded.

#48 timetodienow1234567

timetodienow1234567

Veteran

• Members
            • PipPipPipPipPipPip
            • 2,596 posts
            • LocationAlabama

Posted 10 July 2013 - 03:53 PM

The only bad thing about Lin's contract is it will be a cap hit of 8.3 but the team would have to pay him 15 mil. Small market teams would balk at that. And most big market teams don't need a PG.

Why so Serious? :D

#49 timetodienow1234567

timetodienow1234567

Veteran

• Members
            • PipPipPipPipPipPip
            • 2,596 posts
            • LocationAlabama

Posted 10 July 2013 - 03:56 PM

I actually think a Lin/Asik/Parsons would be enough for Bosh, but as with Miami 3 superstar offensive talents can't coexist optimally and Dwight believes that's what he is. You really need that third piece to do the things like superb defense, hustle, rebounding, etc... The only reason Miami won is because Lebron is a jack of all trades and Wade can still play good defense. Bosh is wasted in Miami.

#50 ale11

ale11

Advanced Member

• Members
            • PipPipPipPip
            • 702 posts
            • LocationMontevideo, Uruguay

Posted 10 July 2013 - 04:14 PM

Large expiring contracts are trade commodities. With the big 2014 free agent list, a lot of teams are going to want to make space. Lin and Asik would make good trade pieces then.

They expire in 2015....so it's quite the opposite. People looking to take a big name next year's free agency won't want to commit to a full extra year of them.

#51 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

glad you're on board, but I been on this boat since it left

• Members
            • PipPipPipPipPipPip
            • 4,123 posts
            • Locationhouston

Posted 10 July 2013 - 04:28 PM

They expire in 2015....so it's quite the opposite. People looking to take a big name next year's free agency won't want to commit to a full extra year of them.

I agree totally

I actually think a Lin/Asik/Parsons would be enough for Bosh, but as with Miami 3 superstar offensive talents can't coexist optimally and Dwight believes that's what he is. You really need that third piece to do the things like superb defense, hustle, rebounding, etc... The only reason Miami won is because Lebron is a jack of all trades and Wade can still play good defense. Bosh is wasted in Miami.

even if Miami call us day and night about this trade I still wouldn't do it......exactly who is going to play SF? we have no need to trade Parsons......especial for a disappearing act like Bosh.

you can only warn a man that the bridge is out.....if he keeps driving he's on his own B)

#52 thejohnnygold

thejohnnygold

Veteran

• Moderators
            • 4,128 posts
            • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:15 PM

Agree--that is way too much for Bosh.  Now that Josh Smith is a non-issue I think we will develop our PF's that are on the roster and if they haven't excelled by the trade deadline of '14-'15 we go shopping again.  We don't need them to be studs.  We need good D and a little rebounding/efficient scoring when called upon.  If they become studs then yay for us!

#53 RollingWave

RollingWave

Advanced Member

• Members
            • PipPipPipPip
            • 506 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 09:58 AM

If owners really give a damn about that difference in real money vs cap, Les would easily just fork over most of it in that deal anyway. you can trade up to 3 m in cash  IIRC in any trade.

People advocating trading Lin view him as having no value, yet expect to get value back for trading him, error in logic?

#54 Richards

Richards

• Members
              • PipPipPip
              • 393 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 11:52 AM

I think most had bad view on Lin cause he made 8 mil per year. It is a bit more than average point guard. But they always forgot that ownership want him more than his basketball play. His marketing potentials in east is huge.

Parsons's production is about the same as Lin but he and Bev were paid less. So most are happy. What they don't know is sooner or later we have to pay them huge salaries.

Another thing is Lin is like Melo. I can't explain it. Fans are very strongly opinionated on those type of play. They either hate or love them.  

#55 ale11

ale11

Advanced Member

• Members
                • PipPipPipPip
                • 702 posts
                • LocationMontevideo, Uruguay

Posted 11 July 2013 - 04:43 PM

If owners really give a damn about that difference in real money vs cap, Les would easily just fork over most of it in that deal anyway. you can trade up to 3 m in cash  IIRC in any trade.

I think it was 3M in any trade before the new CBA, now it's 3M total per year to give away in trades.

#56 thejohnnygold

thejohnnygold

Veteran

• Moderators
                • 4,128 posts
                • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 13 July 2013 - 09:44 PM

Well, here's the answer...for now....

LINK

Morey says Asik and Lin are staying put.

#57 Steven

Steven

Veteran

• Members
                • PipPipPipPipPipPip
                • 2,008 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 11:10 PM

Well, here's the answer...for now....

LINK

Morey says Asik and Lin are staying put.

Woohoo and "summamabytch".

#58 thejohnnygold

thejohnnygold

Veteran

• Moderators
                  • 4,128 posts
                  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 13 July 2013 - 11:14 PM

My own opinions aside, certainly it says something that both Howard and Harden want Omer and Jeremy on the team.  I don't think they would over-ride Morey and request they not be traded unless they believed they are good enough to win with.  That's good enough for me.

#59 timetodienow1234567

timetodienow1234567

Veteran

• Members
                  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
                  • 2,596 posts
                  • LocationAlabama

Posted 13 July 2013 - 11:40 PM

I wonder how Omer reacts to Dwight. That's going to be interesting.

#60 timetodienow1234567

timetodienow1234567

Veteran

• Members
                  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
                  • 2,596 posts
                  • LocationAlabama

Posted 13 July 2013 - 11:42 PM

Does anyone know if they've met or are friends?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users