Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Losthief : (02 October 2015 - 02:24 AM) tks jg
@  thejohnnygold : (29 September 2015 - 05:16 AM) FYI, it was media day today. Interviews are up at NBA.com
@  slick shoes : (23 September 2015 - 06:37 PM) kind of late in the day but NBATV is broadcasting classis Rockets games all day today.
@  SadLakerFan : (16 September 2015 - 04:37 AM) Man, as a Laker fan, I'm learning how little you care about the off season when your team sucks. Anyway, a quick moment to remember Moses. Still remember watching the 81 team as a kid - losing record, NBA Finals. I would have cried w/joy if they could have beaten the Celtics.
@  jorgeaam : (15 September 2015 - 08:30 PM) http://bleacherrepor...ist-after-crash
@  jorgeaam : (15 September 2015 - 08:30 PM) So to celebrate his new contract, Montrezl Harrell saved someone's life on monday
@  thejohnnygold : (14 September 2015 - 04:36 PM) A good article from Blinebury talking about when Hakeem and Moses used to play in the park. LINK
@  rockets best... : (14 September 2015 - 02:29 AM) I agree totally. I got to watch his Rocket days and the man was a hell of a player. BIG MO R.I.P.
@  Mario Peña : (13 September 2015 - 05:24 PM) Sad to see Moses pass. I don't remember watching him as a Rocket but I do remember his Philly and Hawks teams. He was the perfect man to mentor Dream. It's a very sad day for his family and friends and there are many.
@  majik19 : (12 September 2015 - 09:01 PM) i just saw a post wishing Yao Ming a happy 35th birthday... am I the only one whose mind is blown that he's only 35?
@  cointurtlemoose : (08 September 2015 - 01:17 AM) aaaah, thanks jorge
@  jorgeaam : (08 September 2015 - 12:21 AM) Love it how Hinkie and Morey always target the same players, but hoping he isn't another Covington
@  thejohnnygold : (08 September 2015 - 12:03 AM) Christian Wood has signed with Philly
@  jorgeaam : (07 September 2015 - 10:32 PM) If I'm not wrong, he hasn't been waived yet, they have until october 4th to do that
@  cointurtlemoose : (07 September 2015 - 05:39 PM) Anyone else surprised that Kostas hasn't gotten picked up by anyone yet? I wanna see that guy play somewhere
@  redfaithful : (05 September 2015 - 10:48 PM) Llull line from today loss to Serbia: 30MIN 1-10PG, 0-5 3PG, 4-4FT 6AST, 1TO, 4REB, +/- -11
@  Losthief : (03 September 2015 - 02:27 AM) this dude's gun fired and all he got a misdemeanor at bush lol: http://abc13.com/new...ush-iah/815795/
@  Losthief : (03 September 2015 - 02:26 AM) theres more articles all over, but the jist is houston (and texas) doesn't really arrest for it, they just recommend you leave it in your car when they catch it. So seems dwight got lucky he was in texas and not cali or the NE.
@  Losthief : (03 September 2015 - 02:22 AM) honestly we should just be glad they caught it...
@  Losthief : (03 September 2015 - 02:21 AM) response: http://nymag.com/dai...n_airplane.html

Photo

Assessing Jeremy Lin: Part 1

• Please log in to reply
276 replies to this topic

#21 Rahat Huq

Rahat Huq

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,547 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 04:16 AM

LargeMouthBass: I think my article was a bit confusing in that the middle paragraphs weren't intended as a support for the premise regarding his playoff performance.  The middle paragraphs were merely intended as an overall evaluation of his skillset, independent of his production.  

#22 Ostrow

Ostrow

Officer

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 437 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 05:02 AM

I think he was saying that the stereotypes say that Lin shouldn't be athletic and should be smart on the court.  I think that's the same way a lot of people look at white people in the NBA (and anywhere else for that matter).  I don't know if Lin has pure point guard skills based on this past season because the team was run through it's SG.  It is tough for PGs to be great when the SG has the ball most of the time.  Look at Steve Nash this year. He struggled because he wasn't used to not having the ball.  Nash and Lin's stats (outside of shooting %) are pretty similar on the year.  Lin needs to learn how to adjust, hopefully he can do that over the summer w/ Harden.  Also, Hopefully this Howard saga ends quickly so out team has a full off-season to get to know each other with or without Howard.

#23 manmythlegend

manmythlegend

• Members
      • PipPipPip
      • 185 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 05:03 AM

After reading that breakdown of Lin by Huq, it's remarkable that Jeremy can even chew gum and walk at the same time.

Edited by manmythlegend, 26 June 2013 - 05:03 AM.

#24 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

glad you're on board, but I been on this boat since it left

• Members
        • PipPipPipPipPipPip
        • 4,122 posts
        • Locationhouston

Posted 26 June 2013 - 05:16 AM

DANG rahat part 2 is going to blow the lid off :lol: polarizing is a fact when it comes to Lin. you know I agree, but of course I would have bash him a little harder.

you can only warn a man that the bridge is out.....if he keeps driving he's on his own B)

#25 Hockey the Harden Way

Hockey the Harden Way

• Members
        • Pip
        • 41 posts
        • LocationGlendale, Arizona

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:32 AM

I also had a problem with McHale's handling of Lin....  And since McHale isn't going anywhere, I'm not sure the Rockets keeping Lin would be beneficial for either the team or player.  I also think there is mass resentment over his contract, and it has soured a lot of Rockets fans.  I just think it would be better to trade the player than to hope he improves.  And if he does stay, he MUST improve his three point shot.  Otherwise, fans will be yelling for Beverley or even Brooks.

Without those in-season reps, Lin didn’t stand a chance in the postseason.

Totally agree....

I’ve posited that Lin possibly has the lowest overall skill level of any starting point guard in basketball.

Strongly disagree...  Lin's skills are mostly between 5 and 15 feet, which was missing in action due to the "layups and threes" strategy.  Another reason why both Lin and the Rockets would both be better off with Lin moved or traded.

Unlike his peers, among deception/change-of-direction moves, Lin only has a standard right-to-left/left-to-right crossover, and a weak one at best.

When Lin was with the Knicks, someone actually posted a video on YouTube comparing Lin's crossover to Allen Iverson's.....  http://www.youtube.c...?v=yE1WzELMZik� What a difference a season (and offensive scheme) makes.

Lin also does not have hesitation/head-fake moves.

Once again, he did this with the Knicks....  These moves in most part were mothballed last season.

What makes Paul, and formerly Steve Nash, so lethal, is that they can keep a live dribble within cramped spaces by using a tight, close dribble.  Paul can dip his way around picks, inside the paint, stop, stay low, and reassess the opposing defensive coverage prior to making his decisions.  Lin, in contrast, can only blow by initial coverage, maintaining a waist-high handle; he can’t stay low and protect the ball.

Now I'm back to total agreement.....  This is Lin's number one problem.  And it seems like it didn't improve at all from the previous season.

Next season, regardless of what team Lin ends up on, it will be interesting to see how much he improved during this offseason.  This could make or break his career.

Lin can’t keep a live dribble in one spot against a pressing defender.

Interesting observation.......  And I'm inclined to agree.  He really has a hard time when trapped by a double team.

Among Lin’s other flaws are poor fundamentalsand overall lack of variance in his arsenal.  He has an awkward hitch tohis shot and most egregiously, he simply cannot drive left.

Lin can drive left....  He cannot finish left.

Lin doesn’t have a floater or any unique finishing move.

Lin had a lethal floater and bank shot from 5 to 10 feet when he played for the Knicks.  This was another part of his game that was abandoned, since joining the Rockets.

The criticisms of Lin are partly accurate, partly inaccurate.  But it was a nice article nonetheless.  (I'd likely agree with you in greater part had I not seen him play with the Knicks.)  This will become moot of Lin gets moved.  Which I state again would be beneficial to both him and the Rockets.

#26 manmythlegend

manmythlegend

• Members
        • PipPipPip
        • 185 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 01:42 PM

The Knicks-version of Jeremy Lin played with confidence and reckless abandon (obvious since he was on the cusp of being released by the Knicks prior to Linsanity and had nothing to lose). The Rockets-version of Jeremy Lin plays as if he's constantly under the microscope of his critics.

Either a change in attitude or scenery is in order for JLin.

#27 Alituro

Alituro

Advanced Member

• Members
          • PipPipPipPip
          • 548 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 01:44 PM

POPULAR

Good article, Rahat... I disagree with the assessment that McHale "mismanaged" Lin, facilitating a drop in his confidence. I would say that Kevin managed Lin properly by keeping his best performers on the floor at all times. If Lin isn't on the floor, then it's due to poor performance, and McHale is doing his job right, managing player confidence or preventing hurt feelings is not part of his job description, IMO.. Any tentativeness as a result is a product of Lin's personality, not a coaching flaw on McHale's part. The good, professional, basketball players use these ®ejections to fuel the competitive fire in their bellies. It's up to Lin, this offseason to make the corrections to his game to further limit these ejections, if not and he continues respond as he has in the past, he may not have the mettle to be good in this league. Personally, I think he will overcome these shortcomings, in time, and be a good point guard in this league. In the meantime, I put my trust in McHale to put the guys on the floor that give the best chance at winning, player salary and expectations be damned.

Some of the things he needs to work on this summer: Ball Handling, if I were him, I'd be dribbling two balls anytime I walked anywhere, ala Pete Maravich. He desperately needs work here, seeing that the NBA is his first stint as PG, we should see some obvious improvement as time wears on. He also either needs to lose the hitch on his 3s, or develop the deadly floater (preferably with both hands). A PG doesn't need to be deadly at the 3, just respectable, but if he doesn't have a killer 3, then he absolutely MUST develop a deadly floater. At this point, his defenders don't have to work too hard to render him ineffective, they can give him some space beyond the arc and not have to worry too much, and if he drives, you just force him to go left. The space they are able to give him at the arc, allows them to absorb that killer first step every time, and if that first step is the only thing "killer" about his game, then he's got plenty of work to do.

I wouldn't call myself a Lin detractor, more of a realist, because I strongly believe he will develop the necessary skills to be a truly good PG in this league. Which begs the question, next season, if we land Dwight, assuming we are rocketing  :D  to contention, can we afford to spend the next season developing our PG? Pre-Harden/Howard, of course, but now? PFs too, if we land Howard, would it be wise to try to parlay our young talent into, proven, wily veterans for those positions? Those will be the two glaring weaknesses on our roster. I think we would have to do everything we could for the NOW, screw the future.

#28 Rahat Huq

Rahat Huq

Administrator

• Administrators
            • 1,547 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 02:08 PM

BTW - just to add in, I based all of my observations only upon watching him play last year, with the Rockets.  I only caught a handful of games from his time with the Knicks, so I can't comment upon any of that.  To me, his problems seemed like a lack of ability.  But if people who saw him with the Knicks are saying he had those abilities I said he didn't, then it could be a case of lack of confidence constraining an ability and leading to tentativeness.  Either way, I didn't see those things in him last season.  

#29 thejohnnygold

thejohnnygold

Veteran

• Moderators
              • 4,125 posts
              • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 26 June 2013 - 02:28 PM

My turn :D

I don't disagree too much with Rahat's assessment of Lin.  I will point out that despite all of these limitations Jeremy Lin was able to succeed overall as a 2nd option for the Rockets.  He accounted for roughly 1/4 of our total points per game (including assisted shots) on average which i find to be pretty reasonable given Harden's ball-dominant style.

Check out these numbers:

games fg%>.500 pre all-star break: 21/55 (38%)

games fg%>.500 post all-star break: 13/27 (48%)

games 3fg%>.333 pre-all star break: 27/55 (49%)

games 3fg%>.333 post all-star break:18/27 (67%)

(this measure was used because it equates to 1 pps (point per shot) which is a good measure of efficiency.)

For fairness, let's look at the # of games where he shot below acceptable fg%--I put this at 40%.

games fg%<40% pre all-star break: 26/55 (47%)
              games fg%<40% post all-star break: 11/27 (41%)

And some free throw attempts....

fta's/gm pre-all star break: 178/55=3.24
              fta's/gm post all-star break: 97/27=3.59

Not much to see here--an 11% increase.

What caught my eye here--aside from the overall increase in consistently good performances post all-star break is the variance of Lin's shooting.  Like Harden--who I have panned for this very thing--there are very few games where Lin actually shoots for average.  Instead, he is usually well above or well below.  Depending on how one views said player (like vs. dislike) I think this could easily perpetuate itself into selective memory and an overall biased opinion of the player's season.  (I am probably guilty of this with Harden as I grew tired of a few of his in-game habits last season).

Again, Rahat is not wrong about Lin's faults; yet, Lin was able to overcome these.  I think we all agree that his work ethic is top notch and the athleticism is there to compete on the NBA level.  I see no reason that Mr. Lin cannot become an excellent combo guard for the Rockets.  The label of PG is misleading and inaccurate at this point--it forces a standard on Lin that he cannot live up to given his role in the offense and obvious deficiencies skill-wise.

Lin is not the "square peg" that fits into the "square hole" of PG.  He is a capable NBA player that I believe is close to finding his niche in the Rockets' offense and I believe will quiet some of the nay-sayers this year.  I think by next season's end the calls to replace/trade him will be all but gone and that $8.3M will look like a good value.

#30 thejohnnygold

thejohnnygold

Veteran

• Moderators
              • 4,125 posts
              • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 26 June 2013 - 02:56 PM

Here's a highlight video from his Linsanity days.  I recognize it will ignore any bad plays he made, but I think this video showcases all the things he can do.  He hits Chandler multiple times for easy looks (because Chandler can catch those), he shoots from 10-15ft. well, and he shows off some nifty moves (a nice spin move around the 3:45 mark).

In this next video you can see him keep a dribble going in traffic (around the :55 mark), a lefty reverse lay-up around 3:10 followed by a crossover against John Wall (which is more Wall's bad defense than Lin's good crossover)...that's most of it--good pick n roll play with Chandler.

The thing is, watching these videos confirms Jeremy's weaknesses--they are plain as day.  It also confirms his ability to succeed despite them.  As scouting reports get better, so will Jeremy have to improve.  I believe he can and will.

#31 Stephen

Stephen

• Members
              • PipPipPip
              • 338 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 03:53 PM

For the first part of season Lin was still not fully recovered from his knee injury.

As he got healthier his play improved.

As to McHale's usage,esp in first half of season,at end of gams Douglas was a vastly better 3pt shooter and much better defender. Since the Rockets were committed to Harden Hero-ball in crunch time,Douglas made more sense.

In NY during Linsanity he was the offense. In Houston he's the PG,a world of difference.

I tend to think Lin's-and the Rockets-biggest issues came from the strategic decision McHale made before Camp opened to not have a structured offense,to go w/a free flowing one. 

When defenses tightened Lin didn't have the comfort of running routine plays where everyone knows their spots. Instead he had to think and look for where the players were-and for young players,thinking is bad,it leads to turnovers and stupid mistakes,ones that a couple of yrs experience will eliminate.

As a further example,remember the chaos as the rookie PFs tried to replace Pat and Morris. Every other play would see them franticly running from one spot to another as they vainly tried to figure out what the heck was going on.

As to whether Lin can be a very good PG,I don't know. 

He's having to learn the position and I'm not sold on his court vision.

I think he can be a good one and the Heat and the Lakers have shown you don't need much at PG to win Titles.

#32 calvino

calvino

• Members
                • Pip
                • 4 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 04:10 PM

Discussion of Jeremy Lin's weaknesses as a player are totally legitimate. After all, there has been no tougher (or more accurate) critic of his game than Lin himself. He knows what he needs to work on this off-season and I have no doubt that he will do so. But this writer loses all credibility when he criticizes Lin's playoff performance without mentioning THAT HE WAS INJURED. To be clear, Lin had a horrible first game (as did all the Rockets not named Beverly). He had a decent first half of game 2, and then he was injured. The injury was severe enough that he couldn't raise his arms above his head; not ideal for playing competitive basketball at the highest level. To his credit, he fought to get back onto the court (is there any doubt that if he didn't, he would have been criticized for being a slacker?). He wasn't effective, but at least he tried. I think if this author had a similar injury and tried to play in a pickup basketball game, he would be running home to his mommy with tears in his eyes.

#33 timetodienow1234567

timetodienow1234567

Veteran

• Members
                  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
                  • 2,596 posts
                  • LocationAlabama

Posted 26 June 2013 - 04:25 PM

All writers give facts that support their argument. The truly great ones try to be as objective as possible. Sub par piece by a good writer.

Why so Serious? :D

#34 thejohnnygold

thejohnnygold

Veteran

• Moderators
                  • 4,125 posts
                  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 26 June 2013 - 04:31 PM

Discussion of Jeremy Lin's weaknesses as a player are totally legitimate. After all, there has been no tougher (or more accurate) critic of his game than Lin himself. He knows what he needs to work on this off-season and I have no doubt that he will do so. But this writer loses all credibility when he criticizes Lin's playoff performance without mentioning THAT HE WAS INJURED. To be clear, Lin had a horrible first game (as did all the Rockets not named Beverly). He had a decent first half of game 2, and then he was injured. The injury was severe enough that he couldn't raise his arms above his head; not ideal for playing competitive basketball at the highest level. To his credit, he fought to get back onto the court (is there any doubt that if he didn't, he would have been criticized for being a slacker?). He wasn't effective, but at least he tried. I think if this author had a similar injury and tried to play in a pickup basketball game, he would be running home to his mommy with tears in his eyes.

Welcome to the forum, calvino!  You're right that Rahat, the author, neglected to mention Lin's injury.  I don't think it was intentional--sometimes we have gone over a topic so much here at Red94 we forget and assume certain things are understood--I know I do.

Here is his quote from the OP:

"What transpired for Mr. Lin during the postseason was perhaps, with the
                  benefit of hindsight, all too predictable.  In the few games in which he
                  appeared, Lin provided little of anything productive, appearing, if not
                  timid, wildly out of sorts.  However, it would not be accurate nor
                  truthful to conclude that Lin would have fared better had he been given a
                  chance to take his lumps earlier on or that the poor showing was direct
                  result of McHale’s mismanagement.  It could very well be that Lin
                  simply doesn’t have it to compete against physical defense.  Yet I
                  contest that the only way to have truly known would have been to have
                  given him a chance.  Without those in-season reps, Lin didn’t stand a
                  chance in the postseason."

I think another reason it may have been over-looked is Rahat was looking more at McHale's management of Lin as a possible indicator of Lin's playoff performance.  While the injury certainly affected his ability to shoot--this is not the part of Lin's game Rahat was looking at.  Certainly, the injury deserves mention and Lin deserves some leeway for it; however, Rahat is not wrong that Lin did look a bit lost.  In all fairness, he did not get the necessary court time to catch up and get up to speed like the others did.  For me, I withheld judgement on Lin's playoff performance for this reason.  I think Rahat's observation--given the context he used it in--is valid and does not reflect anything other than an unpopular opinion.  The good news is all signs point to a chance for redemption next season.

#35 Hockey the Harden Way

Hockey the Harden Way

• Members
                  • Pip
                  • 41 posts
                  • LocationGlendale, Arizona

Posted 26 June 2013 - 04:35 PM

Some of the things he needs to work on this summer: Ball Handling, if I were him, I'd be dribbling two balls anytime I walked anywhere, ala Pete Maravich. He desperately needs work here, seeing that the NBA is his first stint as PG, we should see some obvious improvement as time wears on. He also either needs to lose the hitch on his 3s, or develop the deadly floater (preferably with both hands). A PG doesn't need to be deadly at the 3, just respectable, but if he doesn't have a killer 3, then he absolutely MUST develop a deadly floater. At this point, his defenders don't have to work too hard to render him ineffective, they can give him some space beyond the arc and not have to worry too much, and if he drives, you just force him to go left. The space they are able to give him at the arc, allows them to absorb that killer first step every time, and if that first step is the only thing "killer" about his game, then he's got plenty of work to do.

In regard to "dribbling two balls", Lin actually has videos showing such practice drills....  Lin's problem is real game situations.  As the original article correctly stated, Lin is not particularly good at shielding the ball with the defender on him, or in traffic.

I'm not sure if Lin is even aware of the "hitch" in his three-point stroke.  I personally was annoyed by it.  His release also seemed a lot slower this past season than the season prior to that.

Lin once had a deadly floater....  It was abandoned.....  I've speculated the "layups an threes" strategy might be the reason for that, but I don't know for sure.  I will say whatever point guard the Rockets do end up with next season, the ability to bury the three is a lot more important for this team than for other teams, only because midrange shooting is so discouraged.

And finally, Lin on Twitter https://twitter.com/JLin7 claimed in a recent practice he made "78 percent" of his three point shots http://instagram.com/p/a-Pg4YuP1T/# ....  I am very skeptical this actually happened (he would need to provide continuous video footage of a large sample of actual shooting to convince me).... And even if this did happen, it would mean absolutely nothing if this fails to translate to at least 38 percent 3-pt shooting IN ACTUAL GAMES next season.

Edited by Hockey the Harden Way, 26 June 2013 - 04:36 PM.

#36 calvino

calvino

• Members
                  • Pip
                  • 4 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 04:40 PM

It's simply not a valid analysis to say "Lin provided little of anything productive, appearing, if not timid, wildly out of sorts" without mentioning that he was injured. I also disagree with the statement that Lin's performance in the playoffs was predictable. Remember, he scored 29 points against the Thunder when Westbrook was playing. Too much is made of his performance in game 1; Beverly had 6 pts and 0 assists in Game 6, does that mean he was a bust during the playoffs? In the finals, Chalmers had some bad games, including one where he didn't score any points, but does anyone want to make the argument that he wasn't a big factor in Miami winning the championship?

#37 LargeMouthBass

LargeMouthBass

• Members
                    • Pip
                    • 2 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 05:21 PM

Hockey the Harden Way-- you do realize that Lin shot .375% from 3 after the all-star break, right? That is actually a much higher percentage than league average. I think thejohnnygold is on to something in discussing Lin's polarizing effect. When you have a player that can have great games and bad games (with very little in between), proponents on both sides will remember those instances in which he either did well or did poorly, depending on your inclination. I prefer to remember Lin's post all-star performance, when he looked healthier and seemed to have more confidence as the season progressed.

#38 thejohnnygold

thejohnnygold

Veteran

• Moderators
                      • 4,125 posts
                      • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 26 June 2013 - 05:38 PM

It's simply not a valid analysis to say "Lin provided little of anything productive, appearing, if not timid, wildly out of sorts" without mentioning that he was injured. I also disagree with the statement that Lin's performance in the playoffs was predictable. Remember, he scored 29 points against the Thunder when Westbrook was playing. Too much is made of his performance in game 1; Beverly had 6 pts and 0 assists in Game 6, does that mean he was a bust during the playoffs? In the finals, Chalmers had some bad games, including one where he didn't score any points, but does anyone want to make the argument that he wasn't a big factor in Miami winning the championship?

Here are Lin's game logs from the playoffs from basketball-reference.com:

Going beyond these numbers, his usg% went down 14% while his turnovers increased 33% from what his regular season numbers were.  These figures support Rahat's notion that Lin was not handling the defensive pressure very well.  Meanwhile, his ast% fell by 50% and the fg% listed above, while not helped by his injury, are what we have to judge him by.  If he couldn't play he should not have been out there.  It was valiant of him to play, but perhaps bravery is not what the Rockets needed.  Would A. Brooks have fared better in the 18 and 13 minutes Lin played?  Who knows...

My question is this: what would you say about Lin's playoff performance?  You mentioned his 29 points vs. OKC in the regular season.  How would you rate his playoff performance?

#39 calvino

calvino

• Members
                      • Pip
                      • 4 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 06:03 PM

I would rate his playoff performance as mediocre at best, but I would add THAT HE WAS INJURED.

#40 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

glad you're on board, but I been on this boat since it left

• Members
                        • PipPipPipPipPipPip
                        • 4,122 posts
                        • Locationhouston

Posted 26 June 2013 - 06:23 PM

I would rate his playoff performance as mediocre at best, but I would add THAT HE WAS INJURED.

welcome to the forum :rolleyes: mediocre would be an upgrade (IMO)........pitiful is more like it......hurt or not Lin stunk in the playoffs. my conclusion on Lin comes more from the regular season than his playoff performance. some hold up mc hale's handling of Lin as reason for his short comings. I disagree. mc hale got the most from Lin (IMO). he didn't close out some games because he simply wasn't producing the type of play that would have allowed us to win. Lin's skill set simply is not a good fit for this team. some point to his work ethic and attitude as reasons he will improve........I simply don't see it....he will always be limited by his level of skill.....Yes he may get marginally better, but not on the level that will make him anything close to elite. if he is unable to reach elite he makes to much money for a sixth man, therefore should be traded

you can only warn a man that the bridge is out.....if he keeps driving he's on his own B)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users