Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Losthief : (02 October 2015 - 02:24 AM) tks jg
@  thejohnnygold : (29 September 2015 - 05:16 AM) FYI, it was media day today. Interviews are up at NBA.com
@  slick shoes : (23 September 2015 - 06:37 PM) kind of late in the day but NBATV is broadcasting classis Rockets games all day today.
@  SadLakerFan : (16 September 2015 - 04:37 AM) Man, as a Laker fan, I'm learning how little you care about the off season when your team sucks. Anyway, a quick moment to remember Moses. Still remember watching the 81 team as a kid - losing record, NBA Finals. I would have cried w/joy if they could have beaten the Celtics.
@  jorgeaam : (15 September 2015 - 08:30 PM) http://bleacherrepor...ist-after-crash
@  jorgeaam : (15 September 2015 - 08:30 PM) So to celebrate his new contract, Montrezl Harrell saved someone's life on monday
@  thejohnnygold : (14 September 2015 - 04:36 PM) A good article from Blinebury talking about when Hakeem and Moses used to play in the park. LINK
@  rockets best... : (14 September 2015 - 02:29 AM) I agree totally. I got to watch his Rocket days and the man was a hell of a player. BIG MO R.I.P.
@  Mario Peña : (13 September 2015 - 05:24 PM) Sad to see Moses pass. I don't remember watching him as a Rocket but I do remember his Philly and Hawks teams. He was the perfect man to mentor Dream. It's a very sad day for his family and friends and there are many.
@  majik19 : (12 September 2015 - 09:01 PM) i just saw a post wishing Yao Ming a happy 35th birthday... am I the only one whose mind is blown that he's only 35?
@  cointurtlemoose : (08 September 2015 - 01:17 AM) aaaah, thanks jorge
@  jorgeaam : (08 September 2015 - 12:21 AM) Love it how Hinkie and Morey always target the same players, but hoping he isn't another Covington
@  thejohnnygold : (08 September 2015 - 12:03 AM) Christian Wood has signed with Philly
@  jorgeaam : (07 September 2015 - 10:32 PM) If I'm not wrong, he hasn't been waived yet, they have until october 4th to do that
@  cointurtlemoose : (07 September 2015 - 05:39 PM) Anyone else surprised that Kostas hasn't gotten picked up by anyone yet? I wanna see that guy play somewhere
@  redfaithful : (05 September 2015 - 10:48 PM) Llull line from today loss to Serbia: 30MIN 1-10PG, 0-5 3PG, 4-4FT 6AST, 1TO, 4REB, +/- -11
@  Losthief : (03 September 2015 - 02:27 AM) this dude's gun fired and all he got a misdemeanor at bush lol: http://abc13.com/new...ush-iah/815795/
@  Losthief : (03 September 2015 - 02:26 AM) theres more articles all over, but the jist is houston (and texas) doesn't really arrest for it, they just recommend you leave it in your car when they catch it. So seems dwight got lucky he was in texas and not cali or the NE.
@  Losthief : (03 September 2015 - 02:22 AM) honestly we should just be glad they caught it...
@  Losthief : (03 September 2015 - 02:21 AM) response: http://nymag.com/dai...n_airplane.html

Photo

Assessing Jeremy Lin: Part 1

• Please log in to reply
276 replies to this topic

#261 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

glad you're on board, but I been on this boat since it left

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,122 posts
  • Locationhouston

Posted 27 August 2013 - 05:05 PM

I think that's why a player should change this in the summer during the practices and workouts. If successful, he does not have to think about it anymore during the game.  So...to your point, that is basically depends on the situations, e.g. your shooting% b4 change. Indeed the gains has to out weigh the risk for a player to actually make the change.

I agree the benefit has to out weigh the risk of change. however Lin's shooting motion doesn't appear to be broken to me. his shot looks fine to me, but it's more the repetition of shooting enough that will make him better if he is to get better to me.

you can only warn a man that the bridge is out.....if he keeps driving he's on his own B)

#262 BrentYen

BrentYen

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 27 August 2013 - 05:31 PM

I agree the benefit has to out weigh the risk of change. however Lin's shooting motion doesn't appear to be broken to me. his shot looks fine to me, but it's more the repetition of shooting enough that will make him better if he is to get better to me.

Ture, I was simply pointing out the flaw I see and I suspect that it affects his consistency. As for change or not, I really do not know if the change will hurt or benefit him for the next season or not. I just lean more on he should change, I think it will benefit him in the long run.

Is a big Jeremy Lin fan and was a big ROX fan. More importantly, a huge bball fan in general.

#263 Hockey the Harden Way

Hockey the Harden Way

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • LocationGlendale, Arizona

Posted 28 August 2013 - 06:19 AM

Saw some video of pickup games in Taiwan.......  I'm still skeptical about that left hand.  He still finishes right, right, right.............

#264 bboley24

bboley24

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 03:45 PM

Jeremy Lin is a hot debate here.  One thing that I think most will overlook is that he isn't a punk and he's a hard worker.  Hard to find these days.  He won't go in the stands and punch people, he won't start fights, he won't have a drug problem, he won't get a coach fired.  He is a leader and a mentor.  If anything he's an asset like derek fisher and the talent level of a championship starter Mario Chalmers.

#265 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • 4,122 posts
    • Locationhouston

Posted 28 August 2013 - 04:20 PM

Jeremy Lin is a hot debate here.  One thing that I think most will overlook is that he isn't a punk and he's a hard worker.  Hard to find these days.  He won't go in the stands and punch people, he won't start fights, he won't have a drug problem, he won't get a coach fired.  He is a leader and a mentor.  If anything he's an asset like derek fisher and the talent level of a championship starter Mario Chalmers.

I don't think any other part of Lin is being questioned here outside of his game. it's common knowledge we all agree he is a good locker room influence and all around good guy. the debate here is over his skill level nothing more nothing less. his work ethic is excellent. that's not the problem. his ability to become the player we feel can man the PG position on this team is what's being called into question. no matter what side of the debate there are certain attributes we all agree he has.

you can only warn a man that the bridge is out.....if he keeps driving he's on his own B)

#266 bboley24

bboley24

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 393 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 04:26 PM

It has proven to work throughout the years that a capable point guard can lead a team to the championship.  Dfish, Rondo '08, eric snow, bj armstrong, mario chalmers.  I think if it weren't for his heavy contract, this wouldn't be an issue at all.  We have more than capable back ups.

#267 BrentYen

BrentYen

• Members
      • PipPipPip
      • 339 posts
      • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 28 August 2013 - 04:43 PM

It has proven to work throughout the years that a capable point guard can lead a team to the championship.  Dfish, Rondo '08, eric snow, bj armstrong, mario chalmers.  I think if it weren't for his heavy contract, this wouldn't be an issue at all.  We have more than capable back ups.

I am just curious, while you cite those players, what is the connections or points that you are making out of it?

Is a big Jeremy Lin fan and was a big ROX fan. More importantly, a huge bball fan in general.

#268 bboley24

bboley24

• Members
      • PipPipPip
      • 393 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 04:49 PM

You're looking for a leader that is "capable" of handling the role of general.  Skills are great but Eric Snow and Dfish aren't exactly allstars.  If its clutch you're looking for, that will come with experience.  Just don't throw a Jamall Tinsley or Damon Stoudamire in the lineup because they have more talent.  Let the scoring be had by our allstars and let his distribution and defense speak for itself.  If he can hone in his 3 point shot and less turnovers, he is capable of that role; minus 5 million.

#269 BrentYen

BrentYen

• Members
        • PipPipPip
        • 339 posts
        • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 28 August 2013 - 04:58 PM

I see your points now, thanks

#270 timetodienow1234567

timetodienow1234567

Veteran

• Members
        • PipPipPipPipPipPip
        • 2,596 posts
        • LocationAlabama

Posted 26 September 2013 - 09:25 PM

After reading Mchale say, "He's going to get pushed for time with AB, and Pat, and Isiah Canaan."

I'm not bullish on Lin's role with the team. If a guy that clearly looked washed up last year can push Lin(in McHales mind) then that speaks volumes on what he thinks of Lin. And his dismissal of Asiks rumblings were not those you would normally hear a coach say.

Why so Serious? :D

#271 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

• Members
        • PipPipPipPipPipPip
        • 4,122 posts
        • Locationhouston

Posted 26 September 2013 - 09:52 PM

After reading Mchale say, "He's going to get pushed for time with AB, and Pat, and Isiah Canaan."

I'm not bullish on Lin's role with the team. If a guy that clearly looked washed up last year can push Lin(in McHales mind) then that speaks volumes on what he thinks of Lin. And his dismissal of Asiks rumblings were not those you would normally hear a coach say.

I agree........I didn't want to say it because LOF's will think I'm just hating :lol: but that's not the kind of endorsement that sounds like McHale has confidence in Lin's ability to fulfill what he believes is the necessary role for PG on this team. we haven't even started the season and he is already talking about Lin losing minutes to other players.

#272 BrentYen

BrentYen

• Members
        • PipPipPip
        • 339 posts
        • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 26 September 2013 - 10:15 PM

Well in LOF's eye (meant mine at least :P), if you are just interpreting someone else's comments fairly, you will not be called as a hater IMO. Most ppl been called hater of any player is because either they bait others for a unnecessary debate or trolls with nonsense.

I, too, think McHale does not rate Lin very highly, and it is not really a surprise since he is like that for a whole season of 2012-13. He obliviously is a doubter of Lin.

#273 Richards

Richards

• Members
        • PipPipPip
        • 393 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:39 AM

Thread on Jeremy Lin is pretty much like Jeremy Lin. Won't go away easily. 

#274 myjohnlai

myjohnlai

• Members
          • Pip
          • 29 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 07:56 PM

If Lin can compete that well with such a limited skill level, how much more lethal if he improves on these areas. This kid learns real fast. You can see his improvements year after year. Nobody can say he's not smart and he can't learn. His upsides are absolutely awesome. Just hire someone to teach him, he must be the candidate of the best point guard in the future.

#275 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

• Members
            • PipPipPipPipPipPip
            • 4,122 posts
            • Locationhouston

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:08 PM

If Lin can compete that well with such a limited skill level, how much more lethal if he improves on these areas. This kid learns real fast. You can see his improvements year after year. Nobody can say he's not smart and he can't learn. His upsides are absolutely awesome. Just hire someone to teach him, he must be the candidate of the best point guard in the future.

slow down there............ you're doing 75 mph in a school zone :lol: I thought you were going to say Lin for president if you kept going :lol: best PG in the future? that would surely blow my mind.

Edited by rockets best fan, 27 September 2013 - 09:11 PM.

#276 thenit

thenit

Advanced Member

• Members
            • PipPipPipPip
            • 671 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 11:13 PM

Rbf agree with you. Although I believe that he can eventually develop into a top 10 pg, but best would be a huge shock to me.

#277 BrentYen

BrentYen

• Members
              • PipPipPip
              • 339 posts
              • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 28 September 2013 - 01:03 AM

It is also depends on what do u mean by best, it is just too early to say anything for sure. He is not the piece that ROX need to address right now.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users