Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Losthief : (02 October 2015 - 02:24 AM) tks jg
@  thejohnnygold : (29 September 2015 - 05:16 AM) FYI, it was media day today. Interviews are up at NBA.com
@  slick shoes : (23 September 2015 - 06:37 PM) kind of late in the day but NBATV is broadcasting classis Rockets games all day today.
@  SadLakerFan : (16 September 2015 - 04:37 AM) Man, as a Laker fan, I'm learning how little you care about the off season when your team sucks. Anyway, a quick moment to remember Moses. Still remember watching the 81 team as a kid - losing record, NBA Finals. I would have cried w/joy if they could have beaten the Celtics.
@  jorgeaam : (15 September 2015 - 08:30 PM) http://bleacherrepor...ist-after-crash
@  jorgeaam : (15 September 2015 - 08:30 PM) So to celebrate his new contract, Montrezl Harrell saved someone's life on monday
@  thejohnnygold : (14 September 2015 - 04:36 PM) A good article from Blinebury talking about when Hakeem and Moses used to play in the park. LINK
@  rockets best... : (14 September 2015 - 02:29 AM) I agree totally. I got to watch his Rocket days and the man was a hell of a player. BIG MO R.I.P.
@  Mario Peña : (13 September 2015 - 05:24 PM) Sad to see Moses pass. I don't remember watching him as a Rocket but I do remember his Philly and Hawks teams. He was the perfect man to mentor Dream. It's a very sad day for his family and friends and there are many.
@  majik19 : (12 September 2015 - 09:01 PM) i just saw a post wishing Yao Ming a happy 35th birthday... am I the only one whose mind is blown that he's only 35?
@  cointurtlemoose : (08 September 2015 - 01:17 AM) aaaah, thanks jorge
@  jorgeaam : (08 September 2015 - 12:21 AM) Love it how Hinkie and Morey always target the same players, but hoping he isn't another Covington
@  thejohnnygold : (08 September 2015 - 12:03 AM) Christian Wood has signed with Philly
@  jorgeaam : (07 September 2015 - 10:32 PM) If I'm not wrong, he hasn't been waived yet, they have until october 4th to do that
@  cointurtlemoose : (07 September 2015 - 05:39 PM) Anyone else surprised that Kostas hasn't gotten picked up by anyone yet? I wanna see that guy play somewhere
@  redfaithful : (05 September 2015 - 10:48 PM) Llull line from today loss to Serbia: 30MIN 1-10PG, 0-5 3PG, 4-4FT 6AST, 1TO, 4REB, +/- -11
@  Losthief : (03 September 2015 - 02:27 AM) this dude's gun fired and all he got a misdemeanor at bush lol: http://abc13.com/new...ush-iah/815795/
@  Losthief : (03 September 2015 - 02:26 AM) theres more articles all over, but the jist is houston (and texas) doesn't really arrest for it, they just recommend you leave it in your car when they catch it. So seems dwight got lucky he was in texas and not cali or the NE.
@  Losthief : (03 September 2015 - 02:22 AM) honestly we should just be glad they caught it...
@  Losthief : (03 September 2015 - 02:21 AM) response: http://nymag.com/dai...n_airplane.html

Photo

An exploration of the scenario involving both Chris Paul and Dwight Howard

• Please log in to reply
156 replies to this topic

#141 Rockets fan newton

Rockets fan newton

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 03:15 AM

I think it's clear the media wants them to play together. problem is the media isn't talking about how much money d-12 must leave on the table to go to the clippers.............he can make that money up in texas, but not in LA. at the end of the day money talks. d-12 may be willing to leave a little on the table, but not the amount he would have to in order to play for the clippers, all the while cp3 is getting maxed out. ain't gonna happen

I'm with u man..this sounds like what Chris Paul wants..and i still think Lin harden parsons and Asik is a much better team then what the clippers are going to get..I really don't think Howard wants to deal with playing in the same gym..listening to the same media bash him for switching sides..if he leaves he is going to want to LEAVE

#142 Mason Khamvilay

Mason Khamvilay

Veteran

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • 3,216 posts
    • LocationVirginia, USA.

Posted 18 June 2013 - 03:47 AM

I don't think Dwight cares about all that drama talk as much as people think he does, I honestly think he has wanted to play with Chris Paul for a long time now and he cares more about that than the drama talk. 

#143 RollingWave

RollingWave

Advanced Member

• Members
    • PipPipPipPip
    • 506 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 03:57 AM

If I had to choose between the best center or the best pg to spend my money on, I'd always lean towards the center because of supply and demand for one. 

Yeah, and as Chris Paul's own career has shown, it's awfully hard for the smallest guy on the court to carry a team far in the post season, even if that smallest guy is damn good.

#144 Steven

Steven

Veteran

• Members
      • PipPipPipPipPipPip
      • 2,008 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:49 AM

Yeah, and as Chris Paul's own career has shown, it's awfully hard for the smallest guy on the court to carry a team far in the post season, even if that smallest guy is damn good.

Have you heard of Tony Parker?

#145 Freebird

Freebird

• Members
        • PipPipPip
        • 236 posts
        • LocationRaleigh, NC

Posted 18 June 2013 - 03:10 PM

CP3 just hasn't had the right team, and still doesn't.  He's had to carry the load, instead of being the instigator.  I think in our case, that may not be the case.

I understand wanting an AS center, but the difference between Lin -> Paul and Asik -> Howard is too much.  I think Asik is a top 10 center right now - and Lin is mediocre, at best.  He can learn, yes, but how much time will that take?  I'd rather take the AS PG and Asik, thank you very much.

The other question is what happens if Armageddon happens and we get both.  Will Free Agents take the minimum to play with our triumvirate?  Something similar to what happened in Miami?

#146 quatin

quatin

• Members
        • Pip
        • 48 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 03:18 PM

Monta Ellis just opted out of the Bucks for $12 million per year. With CP3 almost certainly staying with the Clippers, perhaps we should talk about signing Ellis and Howard? That's probably a lot easier to fit cap wise and more realistic to happen

#147 thejohnnygold

thejohnnygold

Veteran

• Moderators
          • 4,125 posts
          • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 18 June 2013 - 03:44 PM

I saw that and it is intriguing...I am skeptical as Ellis has been featured in two dynamic scoring combo guard line-ups and the results weren't spectacular.  Unless he wants to play 6th man and take a pay cut I'm not sure the Rockets are interested in him.  I think we could get OJ Mayo for half the price and end up with the better player.

#148 Freebird

Freebird

• Members
          • PipPipPip
          • 236 posts
          • LocationRaleigh, NC

Posted 18 June 2013 - 04:22 PM

JG - agreed.  We need a PG that's more of an instigator and spot up 3 shooter than a "dynamic scorer".  I wasn't impressed with Monta's game in this regard.

#149 Mason Khamvilay

Mason Khamvilay

Veteran

• Members
          • PipPipPipPipPipPip
          • 3,216 posts
          • LocationVirginia, USA.

Posted 18 June 2013 - 04:26 PM

I saw that and it is intriguing...I am skeptical as Ellis has been featured in two dynamic scoring combo guard line-ups and the results weren't spectacular.  Unless he wants to play 6th man and take a pay cut I'm not sure the Rockets are interested in him.  I think we could get OJ Mayo for half the price and end up with the better player.

Half the price for a slightly inferior player. They both suck. 

#150 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

glad you're on board, but I been on this boat since it left

• Members
          • PipPipPipPipPipPip
          • 4,122 posts
          • Locationhouston

Posted 18 June 2013 - 05:08 PM

Monta Ellis just opted out of the Bucks for $12 million per year. With CP3 almost certainly staying with the Clippers, perhaps we should talk about signing Ellis and Howard? That's probably a lot easier to fit cap wise and more realistic to happen

ellis is a cancer in the locker room and on the court. I wouldn't touch him. it's one thing to chase a player who is a prima donna who is a star, but it's entirely a different ballgame to chase a prima donna who can't back up his trash talk with quality play 

you can only warn a man that the bridge is out.....if he keeps driving he's on his own B)

#151 thejohnnygold

thejohnnygold

Veteran

• Moderators
          • 4,125 posts
          • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 19 June 2013 - 03:33 AM

Wow--how do you guys really feel? :lol:

In all fairness, I think Mayo (as the fifth best payer on the floor) is a quality piece.  (presuming we've moved Lin)  We're talking Harden, Mayo, Parsons, Howard, Asik.  Despite his faults (decision-making, focus, defense) I think he would be a nice contributor to that squad.  He shot 40% from 3 last season and should see plenty of open looks in our offense.

#152 Mason Khamvilay

Mason Khamvilay

Veteran

• Members
          • PipPipPipPipPipPip
          • 3,216 posts
          • LocationVirginia, USA.

Posted 19 June 2013 - 04:00 AM

I'd rather have Dorrell Wright or Francisco Garcia than O.J. Mayo.

#153 thejohnnygold

thejohnnygold

Veteran

• Moderators
          • 4,125 posts
          • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 19 June 2013 - 04:04 AM

Garcia yes...not sure about Wright...

#154 quatin

quatin

• Members
          • Pip
          • 48 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 04:34 AM

Mayo is not a draw for Howard though. Signing Ellis might attract Howard to Houston for sure.

#155 Mason Khamvilay

Mason Khamvilay

Veteran

• Members
            • PipPipPipPipPipPip
            • 3,216 posts
            • LocationVirginia, USA.

Posted 19 June 2013 - 04:39 AM

I have a feeling O.J. Mayo will go for $6-8 million. Garcia or Wright can probably be had for the Room Exception ($2.6m/2yrs), and both guys are much more capable defenders with good length capable of playing the 3 and the 2. 

Monta Ellis will go for $10-12m. 

Edited by 2016Champions, 19 June 2013 - 04:40 AM.

#156 RollingWave

RollingWave

Advanced Member

• Members
            • PipPipPipPip
            • 506 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 05:13 AM

Have you heard of Tony Parker?

You mean the guy who has played with a top 10 all time player (who's a PF/C) his entire career?

Parker is very good, but in career context he's not half the player Tim Duncan is, Duncan's underratedness can not be over stated.

Edited by RollingWave, 19 June 2013 - 05:19 AM.

#157 Mason Khamvilay

Mason Khamvilay

Veteran

• Members
              • PipPipPipPipPipPip
              • 3,216 posts
              • LocationVirginia, USA.

Posted 19 June 2013 - 12:24 PM

Parker definitely benefited from his system and environment, but I feel like playing well within a system is an ability that not all players have so Parker should be commended rather than punished for that. Basically he gets alot of off-the-ball screens set for him and he's incredibly good at making his defender look foolish trying to chase him around them. 

Edited by 2016Champions, 19 June 2013 - 12:25 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users