Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  YaoMan : (23 October 2015 - 04:49 PM) Zach Lowe seems to think the Rox are the biggest threat to GSW: http://grantland.com...-16-nba-season/
@  cointurtlemoose : (23 October 2015 - 04:36 PM) Hey if yall want a good podcast to listen to, find the Dunc'd On Basketball Podcast on Itunes, Rahat just did a Rockets preview with the host.
@  majik19 : (13 October 2015 - 09:09 PM) Apparently we claimed Arsalan Kazemi off waivers from the Hawks today... yet another undersized (6'7") power forward for Morey's cupboard.
@  Mario Peña : (10 October 2015 - 01:12 PM) If your part if the Red94 Fantasy Basketball League check the thread to vote for the date and time for the draft event. Thanks y'all!
@  jorgeaam : (07 October 2015 - 08:47 PM) Guys we need 1 more owner for the Red94 fantasy league, if interested please comment on the post in the fantasy basketball thread
@  slick shoes : (07 October 2015 - 06:50 PM) Kobe ranked one spot higher than Ariza? Is this based on legacy or...??
@  slick shoes : (07 October 2015 - 04:13 PM) It was hard to keep up with both the Astros and Rockets at the same time. Should be interesting on Thursday with the Texans and Astros on simultaneously.
@  Mario Peña : (07 October 2015 - 04:09 PM) It was fun to have the Rockets on last night! Right now I'm watching the Celtics versus Milan and Alessandro Gentile is impressive.
@  jorgeaam : (06 October 2015 - 07:47 PM) Well, thinking twice about it, I'd rather have him score less and have the team as a whole do better. Lawson should take a lot of his load off
@  jorgeaam : (06 October 2015 - 07:47 PM) Loving that, hope he hits 30 PPG this year
@  thejohnnygold : (06 October 2015 - 06:15 PM) Someone is feeling confident :) : LINK
@  jorgeaam : (06 October 2015 - 05:54 PM) 10 Teams done, will need 2 more
@  Mario Peña : (06 October 2015 - 02:35 PM) Alright guys, if anyone is interested in joining the Red94 fantasy basketball league we could use one more player to get us to 10 teams (or three to get us to 12 teams). Just check the thread in the Fantasy Basketball forum. Thanks!
@  thejohnnygold : (05 October 2015 - 06:23 PM) I use leaguepass here in Austin with no problems...
@  skip 2 my lou : (05 October 2015 - 03:14 PM) Hey fellas, I'm a rocket fan but I live in the heart of Dallas. Does anybody know if I buy NBA Leaguepass if it's too close to be subject to blackouts?
@  Losthief : (02 October 2015 - 02:24 AM) tks jg
@  thejohnnygold : (29 September 2015 - 05:16 AM) FYI, it was media day today. Interviews are up at NBA.com
@  slick shoes : (23 September 2015 - 06:37 PM) kind of late in the day but NBATV is broadcasting classis Rockets games all day today.
@  SadLakerFan : (16 September 2015 - 04:37 AM) Man, as a Laker fan, I'm learning how little you care about the off season when your team sucks. Anyway, a quick moment to remember Moses. Still remember watching the 81 team as a kid - losing record, NBA Finals. I would have cried w/joy if they could have beaten the Celtics.
@  jorgeaam : (15 September 2015 - 08:30 PM) http://bleacherrepor...ist-after-crash

Photo

[Hypothetical] If we have to trade someone other than Thomas Robinson to get Dwight, who do we trade?

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

Poll: Who should we trade? (14 member(s) have cast votes)

Who should we trade?

1. James Harden :P (1 votes [7.14%])

Percentage of vote: 7.14%

2. Jeremy Lin (3 votes [21.43%])

Percentage of vote: 21.43%

3. Donatas Motiejunas (1 votes [7.14%])

Percentage of vote: 7.14%

4. Terrence Jones (2 votes [14.29%])

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

5. Omer Asik (4 votes [28.57%])

Percentage of vote: 28.57%

6. Chandler Parsons (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

7. Don't get Dwight because he's not worth it (3 votes [21.43%])

Percentage of vote: 21.43%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 Mason Khamvilay

Mason Khamvilay

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,216 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA.

Posted 14 June 2013 - 07:23 PM

While the stretch provision for Royce White is a nice possibility I am surprised that nobody thinks we can move White's contract in the scenario RBF has put forth multiple times.  Attaching White's contract plus T-Rob and $2M in cash gets us just over $5.23M.  It's all we need.  Plus, the other team gets T-Rob, they waive White and buy out his $1.71M while pocketing a cool $300K in cash.  While not every team would do this--I think it's reasonable to consider.  Am I missing something that makes this not an appealing offer?

You're missing the fact Royce White is a walking lawsuit waiting to happen, and no team wants that on their hands (I mentioned this in the OP). I could be wrong, but it's a possibility. 

Edited by 2016Champions, 14 June 2013 - 07:27 PM.

#62 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

glad you're on board, but I been on this boat since it left

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,125 posts
  • Locationhouston

Posted 14 June 2013 - 09:38 PM

You're missing the fact Royce White is a walking lawsuit waiting to happen, and no team wants that on their hands (I mentioned this in the OP). I could be wrong, but it's a possibility. 

how can Royce have a leg to stand on in a suit if he is paid all of his guaranteed money?

you can only warn a man that the bridge is out.....if he keeps driving he's on his own B)

#63 thejohnnygold

thejohnnygold

Veteran

• Moderators
  • 4,137 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 14 June 2013 - 11:32 PM

how can Royce have a leg to stand on in a suit if he is paid all of his guaranteed money?

Agreed.  It's not like he's the first player to get traded, bought out, and released.  If he wants to sue he will just be wasting his money on lawyers.  The teams have lawyers on retainer--they could care less.

#64 Mason Khamvilay

Mason Khamvilay

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,216 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA.

Posted 14 June 2013 - 11:44 PM

I agree that he would lose the lawsuit, but even if he loses I doubt any team wants that kind of media attention.

#65 thejohnnygold

thejohnnygold

Veteran

• Moderators
  • 4,137 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 15 June 2013 - 01:02 AM

Maybe, Royce has pretty much zero credibility at this point.  If he sues, he will be the bad guy--not the franchise.

#66 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,125 posts
  • Locationhouston

Posted 15 June 2013 - 09:07 AM

Royce has no case period........sue on what grounds? as long as any team pays the remainder of the guarantee then the obligation of the contract has been fulfilled. ............what is he going to sue for? will he say the team should not have paid him? that by paying him they unwittingly helped his bank account causing him to wreck that new car he bought and now he suffers from chronic back pain...............get a grip :lol:

you can only warn a man that the bridge is out.....if he keeps driving he's on his own B)

#67 thejohnnygold

thejohnnygold

Veteran

• Moderators
  • 4,137 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 15 June 2013 - 02:54 PM

I presume it would be something akin to "wrongful termination due to discrimination against his anxiety disorder".  Any good judge would throw this out before it ever got started.

#68 Mason Khamvilay

Mason Khamvilay

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,216 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA.

Posted 15 June 2013 - 03:01 PM

Then you must be implying America has a lot of bad judges, because there are alot of ridiculous cases out there. 

#69 thejohnnygold

thejohnnygold

Veteran

• Moderators
  • 4,137 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 15 June 2013 - 05:54 PM

Ha, I'll say this: "If the shoe fits..."

#70 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,125 posts
  • Locationhouston

Posted 15 June 2013 - 05:58 PM

I presume it would be something akin to "wrongful termination due to discrimination against his anxiety disorder".  Any good judge would throw this out before it ever got started.

he's not being terminated. the contract will have been fulfilled. the contract doesn't promise to provide him with a life time job. the first 2 years are guaranteed......any options after that belong to the team to accept or DECLINE. so how can the team be held in breach of contract? teams do this with players all the time...........to me this knuckle head basically bit the hand that's been feeding him and now is just riding out his time to the unemployment line

Then you must be implying America has a lot of bad judges, because there are alot of ridiculous cases out there. 

any system containing humans will have it's imperfections

Ha, I'll say this: "If the shoe fits..."

couldn't agree more if I wanted to :P

#71 Steven

Steven

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,008 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 12:57 AM

Not the judges. It's the money grubbing ambulance chasers.

All it would take is a one sentence law to fix it. "You sue and lose, you pay the defendants lawyers fees and court cost."

#72 Mason Khamvilay

Mason Khamvilay

Veteran

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • 3,216 posts
    • LocationVirginia, USA.

Posted 16 June 2013 - 01:28 AM

I think most cases end in a quick settlement anyway, especially the ones where the media is involved. 

#73 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • 4,125 posts
    • Locationhouston

Posted 16 June 2013 - 01:39 AM

Not the judges. It's the money grubbing ambulance chasers.

All it would take is a one sentence law to fix it. "You sue and lose, you pay the defendants lawyers fees and court cost."

I agree that would fix a lot of the problem

#74 Rockets fan newton

Rockets fan newton

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 144 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 05:56 PM

it will be over before you know it. once july 1 gets here I expect we will know in short order the outcome of FA. most of these stars already know where they are going.....even D-12.

Yea I'm with you bro..we will know soon enough..I'm a lil less thn 75% like 65% with the whole clippers crap going on now..they have a real shot..still need the Lakers to play ball..which I'm not feeling,and does Dwight really want to stay in that arena and Switch teams like that..we will see..I'm still thinking that its a move to keep Chris Paul..@ Alituro..I guess we will just see..I'm done going back and foward til July 1st comes..the only threat to Howard coming here is the Clippers and I can argue that our team will still be better..Harden Lin parsons > Paul Garnett Butler...that's just my opinion tho.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users