Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  cointurtlemoose : (21 November 2015 - 06:39 AM) McHale might not have been a great coach, but he definitely was NOT the problem with this team...
@  majik19 : (21 November 2015 - 02:31 AM) our team is just embarassing
@  cointurtlemoose : (19 November 2015 - 07:11 AM) That was the most Corey Brewer thing I have ever seen
@  majik19 : (19 November 2015 - 04:20 AM) how the hell did that happen? maybe just switching from McHale to JB will change our bad luck...
@  Willk : (19 November 2015 - 03:58 AM) in my face
@  bboley24 : (19 November 2015 - 03:55 AM) So that just happened
@  Cooper : (19 November 2015 - 03:53 AM) got the win
@  Willk : (19 November 2015 - 02:06 AM) fire McHale! playing like crap again
@  SadLakerFan : (18 November 2015 - 06:21 PM) It's unfair, but it's the right move because it's the only move major move they had available to them. But, it seems just a tad premature - I wonder what was really said in the player meeting.
@  majik19 : (18 November 2015 - 06:03 PM) So much for building off continuity now that the core is in place... It's probably about time for another "Morey's Plan" article from Rahat.
@  txtdo1411 : (18 November 2015 - 05:26 PM) No problem. He definitely made it clear that changes will continue to be made until we are winning again.
@  cointurtlemoose : (18 November 2015 - 05:19 PM) Thanks for the link, txtdo; good words from Morey, I thought
@  cointurtlemoose : (18 November 2015 - 05:14 PM) Wow, I expected this 6 or 7 games from now if things didn't change... This seems a tad early. And they better have a replacement actually in mind and ready to hire, otherwise this seems like a misguided move
@  txtdo1411 : (18 November 2015 - 05:13 PM) Its going on right now.
@  txtdo1411 : (18 November 2015 - 05:13 PM) http://api.viglink.c...9&title=Rockets Press Conference 11am - ClutchFans&txt=http://www.khou.com/videos/news/loca...7/29/12651418/
@  slick shoes : (18 November 2015 - 05:12 PM) Anyone know where to listen in to the DM press conference?
@  DenverRocket : (18 November 2015 - 04:50 PM) Shocked too, but then again not. Something had to give. I can't see JB being given the reins f/t. Surely they have a contingency? Thibs?
@  txtdo1411 : (18 November 2015 - 04:48 PM) I wonder if the plan is to find a replacement fairly quickly, or to give JB a shot. I'm trying to understand how things would change, since JB has been in the locker room all year. The players are going to give him effort now just because McHale is gone?
@  majik19 : (18 November 2015 - 04:22 PM) just shocked. I feel like this is now a lost season. We were struggling under McHale, but do we really think J.B. can lead us to a championship?
@  thenit : (18 November 2015 - 04:19 PM) Its becoming a winner or becoming Melo, great scorer but not coachable

Photo

Any BOLD predictions for next season?

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#61 Sir Thursday

Sir Thursday

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,197 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 16 July 2013 - 03:36 PM

Bold Prediction from me: One of Washington and Cleveland will win a playoff series this year.

Reasoning:

- I'm optimistic that Bynum will actually see the court at some point this season, and his addition immediately vaults the Cavaliers into the playoff pack.

- The Wizards looked really good with Wall back last year. Okafor/Nene is a very solid frontcourt, especially defensively, and I think they've gone the right route by not looking to be too splashy in free-agency. From a Wall/Beal core if you add a decent defensive wing like a Singleton or a Webster and you've got a very nice starting 5. A settled core coming back for another year should mean that the team is familiar with each other and will likely be able to maintain the groove they got into last year.

- As I see it, there are only three teams in the East who are ahead of the pack: Miami, Indiana and Chicago (assuming Rose comes back as good as he was before). That means there's a conference semi-final spot up for grabs, and while the Nets and Knicks are frontrunners on paper, in practice those are old teams and I can see them breaking down over the course of the season.

ST

#62 Mason Khamvilay

Mason Khamvilay

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,216 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA.

Posted 16 July 2013 - 04:02 PM

There are plenty of ways to space the floor without shooters, and the Nuggets proved that by winning 57 games in the regular season. However, even though floor spacing wasn't a problem for the Nuggets during the regular season, it was a problem in the playoffs as they were clearly outclassed by the Warriors despite being listed as the favorite to win the series

NBA futures market Bovada was offering 6/1 on Denver winning the Western Conference, with Golden State getting 40/1.--LINK

The Warriors lost 95-97 in game 1 where David Lee got seriously injured, and alot of people thought that was it for the Warriors. Then in game 2 the Warriors drop 131 points in game 2 and go on to win the series with Harrison Barnes being hailed the X-Factor.

Wizards had a strong finish to the season despite their lack of floor spacing, and I'm sure that was a preview of what's to come as I predict the Wizards will make the playoffs next season, but they will get swept in the first round--this prediction is contingent on the idea they continue to play Okafor and Nene together for extended periods. There are clever tricks to create floor spacing with 2 rangeless bigs such as running horns and all its variations, but the playoffs are where clever tricks go to die. Playoffs are where teams study game tape like their lives depend on it, and if there's a weakness it will be found and exposed just like the Nuggets were. 

Edited by 2016Champions, 16 July 2013 - 04:11 PM.

#63 Steven

Steven

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,008 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 04:03 AM

Jeremy Lin is an All-Star.....

In the d-league.

Edited by Steven, 28 July 2013 - 04:03 AM.

#64 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

glad you're on board, but I been on this boat since it left

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • 4,162 posts
    • Locationhouston

Posted 28 July 2013 - 04:12 AM

that's a good one :lol:

you can only warn a man that the bridge is out.....if he keeps driving he's on his own B)

#65 timetodienow1234567

timetodienow1234567

Veteran

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • 2,597 posts
    • LocationAlabama

Posted 28 July 2013 - 12:23 PM

Steven...

Will become funny by the end of the year.

Why so Serious? :D

#66 Buckko

Buckko

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 1,636 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 02:16 PM

In the d-league.

Hey you do know there is a high chance he does become an allstar because Lin came in third in guard voting last season behind CP3 and kobe but kobe will be out so you never know.

#67 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

• Members
      • PipPipPipPipPipPip
      • 4,162 posts
      • Locationhouston

Posted 28 July 2013 - 05:34 PM

Hey you do know there is a high chance he does become an allstar because Lin came in third in guard voting last season behind CP3 and kobe but kobe will be out so you never know.

he may be an all star in popularity, but not skill set and that's the only thing that matters to me

you can only warn a man that the bridge is out.....if he keeps driving he's on his own B)

#68 Buckko

Buckko

• Members
      • PipPipPipPipPip
      • 1,636 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 08:04 PM

Well that might too happen friend, you never know.

#69 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

• Members
        • PipPipPipPipPipPip
        • 4,162 posts
        • Locationhouston

Posted 28 July 2013 - 08:11 PM

Lin all star talent? I can't even get it out without laughing :lol: if this happened that means Lin morphed into something that almost no one seen coming. it's a nice dream, but very very very very very very very very unlikely to happen :lol:

#70 timetodienow1234567

timetodienow1234567

Veteran

• Members
        • PipPipPipPipPipPip
        • 2,597 posts
        • LocationAlabama

Posted 28 July 2013 - 08:53 PM

More likely than Beverley becoming a legitimate starter

#71 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

• Members
        • PipPipPipPipPipPip
        • 4,162 posts
        • Locationhouston

Posted 28 July 2013 - 08:56 PM

More likely than Beverley becoming a legitimate starter

I disagree......Beverly is much closer to being starter material than Lin is to becoming a star

#72 timetodienow1234567

timetodienow1234567

Veteran

• Members
        • PipPipPipPipPipPip
        • 2,597 posts
        • LocationAlabama

Posted 28 July 2013 - 08:59 PM

We will have to agree to disagree. I see an undersized two guard with no court vision and limited offensive game. He is a good on ball defender, but that's about it. He was very polished due to playing overseas. He's come extremely close to peaking IMO.

#73 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

• Members
        • PipPipPipPipPipPip
        • 4,162 posts
        • Locationhouston

Posted 28 July 2013 - 09:05 PM

We will have to agree to disagree. I see an undersized two guard with no court vision and limited offensive game. He is a good on ball defender, but that's about it. He was very polished due to playing overseas. He's come extremely close to peaking IMO.

true I agree to disagree. when I look at Lin I see a player who has already maxed and still is below average. he may get marginally better, but that's about it where as Beverly I see a player who is both a better fit next to harden and an above average defender. the two areas Lin struggles with the most

#74 Steven

Steven

Veteran

• Members
        • PipPipPipPipPipPip
        • 2,008 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 09:52 PM

Yes. And the blind sqirrel finds the acorn sometimes too, no matter how improbable.

#75 Mason Khamvilay

Mason Khamvilay

Veteran

• Members
          • PipPipPipPipPipPip
          • 3,216 posts
          • LocationVirginia, USA.

Posted 13 December 2013 - 06:48 AM

lol

#76 Steven

Steven

Veteran

• Members
          • PipPipPipPipPipPip
          • 2,008 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 07:30 AM

2014 NBA champions. Harden First Team all NBA. Terrence Jones Most Improved Player averaging 15/10/4.

Damn I should have said per 36 minutes.

#77 Sir Thursday

Sir Thursday

• Members
            • PipPipPipPipPip
            • 1,197 posts
            • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 21 April 2014 - 11:43 PM

Right, might as well resurrect this thread so you can gloat/mourn the prescience or lack thereof of your 2013 selves. Personally, I'm quite happy that this prediction is still in play, although the reasoning does look a bit wonky now:

Bold Prediction from me: One of Washington and Cleveland will win a playoff series this year.

Reasoning:

- I'm optimistic that Bynum will actually see the court at some point this season, and his addition immediately vaults the Cavaliers into the playoff pack.

- The Wizards looked really good with Wall back last year. Okafor/Nene is a very solid frontcourt, especially defensively, and I think they've gone the right route by not looking to be too splashy in free-agency. From a Wall/Beal core if you add a decent defensive wing like a Singleton or a Webster and you've got a very nice starting 5. A settled core coming back for another year should mean that the team is familiar with each other and will likely be able to maintain the groove they got into last year.

- As I see it, there are only three teams in the East who are ahead of the pack: Miami, Indiana and Chicago (assuming Rose comes back as good as he was before). That means there's a conference semi-final spot up for grabs, and while the Nets and Knicks are frontrunners on paper, in practice those are old teams and I can see them breaking down over the course of the season.

ST

#78 thejohnnygold

thejohnnygold

Veteran

• Moderators
            • 4,186 posts
            • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 22 April 2014 - 04:19 AM

Ha, that was fun to re-read.  My prediction that D-Mo would overtake Jones for the starting PF spot did not come true :lol:

#79 gaiusmariusj

gaiusmariusj

• Members
            • Pip
            • 4 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 02:28 AM

In the d-league.

Hello

I am a Jeremy fan, trust me when I say this, as a Jeremy fan, I don't think Houston losing would make Jeremy look good, I don't want Houston to lose, and I don't think he is Kobe. On the other hand, this is the definition of baiting. I wouldn't normally post this, there is no real reason to answer to trolls as it encourages them to keep flaming; however I just like to point out that unnecessary bashing JLin won't make Houston win, it won't make the supposed 'LoF' and "Houston only fan,' allies in my opinion, united to support the same cause. If you think people who likes and enjoys Lin play also enjoy Houston lose, that is a rather cynical view of the world. I see people who spew rather odd views of Lin as savior gets some friendly reminder rather quickly, but plenty of comments and remarks like this gets a nod and pass.

A troll is a troll no matter which side they are on. I actually like many posters from this forum, I felt it use to be more fair. Of course you can talk about how a player is bad when you associate with facts and plays, and how good or how bad are purely subjective as the only objective result would be win/lose rather than how good or how bad, but putting up this kind of view/comments serves no purpose except to bait out flames from the intended targets. 

Personally, you should talk more on where he messed up, and how he can improve. That is constructive criticism. 

This comment, is not. It serves no purpose, it creates an atmosphere that disrupts the original intent of the topic, instead of any bold prediction this will tend to feed trolls of all origins.  

So I will go back to reading the forum and hopefully this atmosphere will go back to where it was a few month ago.

I began to surf this place around the time JG went to reddit and posted there, and I kind of miss these friendly exchanges.

Edited by gaiusmariusj, 23 April 2014 - 02:29 AM.

#80 thejohnnygold

thejohnnygold

Veteran

• Moderators
              • 4,186 posts
              • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 23 April 2014 - 03:07 AM

Hello

I am a Jeremy fan, trust me when I say this, as a Jeremy fan, I don't think Houston losing would make Jeremy look good, I don't want Houston to lose, and I don't think he is Kobe. On the other hand, this is the definition of baiting. I wouldn't normally post this, there is no real reason to answer to trolls as it encourages them to keep flaming; however I just like to point out that unnecessary bashing JLin won't make Houston win, it won't make the supposed 'LoF' and "Houston only fan,' allies in my opinion, united to support the same cause. If you think people who likes and enjoys Lin play also enjoy Houston lose, that is a rather cynical view of the world. I see people who spew rather odd views of Lin as savior gets some friendly reminder rather quickly, but plenty of comments and remarks like this gets a nod and pass.

A troll is a troll no matter which side they are on. I actually like many posters from this forum, I felt it use to be more fair. Of course you can talk about how a player is bad when you associate with facts and plays, and how good or how bad are purely subjective as the only objective result would be win/lose rather than how good or how bad, but putting up this kind of view/comments serves no purpose except to bait out flames from the intended targets. 

Personally, you should talk more on where he messed up, and how he can improve. That is constructive criticism. 

This comment, is not. It serves no purpose, it creates an atmosphere that disrupts the original intent of the topic, instead of any bold prediction this will tend to feed trolls of all origins.  

So I will go back to reading the forum and hopefully this atmosphere will go back to where it was a few month ago.

I began to surf this place around the time JG went to reddit and posted there, and I kind of miss these friendly exchanges.

Thanks for posting.  We try to keep things as objective as we can and this certainly isn't objective.  However, I would not call it trolling either.  Those who spend enough time here quickly learn that Steven can't pass up the chance to make a good joke--which is all this is.  You're not wrong that in most cases this would qualify as trolling, but I hope you can accept that Steven just enjoys making jokes and they are not limited to Jeremy alone.  Even I find myself in his cross-hairs from time to time. :)

I hope you stick around and continue reading/posting.  Go Rockets!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users