Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  majik19 : (13 October 2015 - 09:09 PM) Apparently we claimed Arsalan Kazemi off waivers from the Hawks today... yet another undersized (6'7") power forward for Morey's cupboard.
@  Mario Peña : (10 October 2015 - 01:12 PM) If your part if the Red94 Fantasy Basketball League check the thread to vote for the date and time for the draft event. Thanks y'all!
@  jorgeaam : (07 October 2015 - 08:47 PM) Guys we need 1 more owner for the Red94 fantasy league, if interested please comment on the post in the fantasy basketball thread
@  slick shoes : (07 October 2015 - 06:50 PM) Kobe ranked one spot higher than Ariza? Is this based on legacy or...??
@  slick shoes : (07 October 2015 - 04:13 PM) It was hard to keep up with both the Astros and Rockets at the same time. Should be interesting on Thursday with the Texans and Astros on simultaneously.
@  Mario Peña : (07 October 2015 - 04:09 PM) It was fun to have the Rockets on last night! Right now I'm watching the Celtics versus Milan and Alessandro Gentile is impressive.
@  jorgeaam : (06 October 2015 - 07:47 PM) Well, thinking twice about it, I'd rather have him score less and have the team as a whole do better. Lawson should take a lot of his load off
@  jorgeaam : (06 October 2015 - 07:47 PM) Loving that, hope he hits 30 PPG this year
@  thejohnnygold : (06 October 2015 - 06:15 PM) Someone is feeling confident :) : LINK
@  jorgeaam : (06 October 2015 - 05:54 PM) 10 Teams done, will need 2 more
@  Mario Peña : (06 October 2015 - 02:35 PM) Alright guys, if anyone is interested in joining the Red94 fantasy basketball league we could use one more player to get us to 10 teams (or three to get us to 12 teams). Just check the thread in the Fantasy Basketball forum. Thanks!
@  thejohnnygold : (05 October 2015 - 06:23 PM) I use leaguepass here in Austin with no problems...
@  skip 2 my lou : (05 October 2015 - 03:14 PM) Hey fellas, I'm a rocket fan but I live in the heart of Dallas. Does anybody know if I buy NBA Leaguepass if it's too close to be subject to blackouts?
@  Losthief : (02 October 2015 - 02:24 AM) tks jg
@  thejohnnygold : (29 September 2015 - 05:16 AM) FYI, it was media day today. Interviews are up at NBA.com
@  slick shoes : (23 September 2015 - 06:37 PM) kind of late in the day but NBATV is broadcasting classis Rockets games all day today.
@  SadLakerFan : (16 September 2015 - 04:37 AM) Man, as a Laker fan, I'm learning how little you care about the off season when your team sucks. Anyway, a quick moment to remember Moses. Still remember watching the 81 team as a kid - losing record, NBA Finals. I would have cried w/joy if they could have beaten the Celtics.
@  jorgeaam : (15 September 2015 - 08:30 PM) http://bleacherrepor...ist-after-crash
@  jorgeaam : (15 September 2015 - 08:30 PM) So to celebrate his new contract, Montrezl Harrell saved someone's life on monday
@  thejohnnygold : (14 September 2015 - 04:36 PM) A good article from Blinebury talking about when Hakeem and Moses used to play in the park. LINK

Photo

Any BOLD predictions for next season?

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#41 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

glad you're on board, but I been on this boat since it left

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,125 posts
  • Locationhouston

Posted 15 July 2013 - 04:46 PM

the rockets acquire LMA from Portland between now and the trade deadline for asik/lin/g-smith and 2 first rounders

you can only warn a man that the bridge is out.....if he keeps driving he's on his own B)

#42 thejohnnygold

thejohnnygold

Veteran

• Moderators
  • 4,133 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 15 July 2013 - 09:21 PM

the rockets acquire LMA from Portland between now and the trade deadline for asik/lin/g-smith and 2 first rounders

Daryl Morey becomes first GM ever to be fired in the same year he wins Exec of the Year Award after trading Asik/Lin/G-Smith and 2 first rounders for LaMarcus Aldridge.  :lol:

That's way too much...

#43 rocketrick

rocketrick

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,865 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 09:22 PM

I could live with that trade!

#44 blakecouey

blakecouey

Red94 Chief of Police

• Moderators
    • 1,567 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 09:43 PM

It's called BOLD, not underselling. ;)

I'd rather be right than bold ;)

#45 Mason Khamvilay

Mason Khamvilay

Veteran

• Members
      • PipPipPipPipPipPip
      • 3,216 posts
      • LocationVirginia, USA.

Posted 15 July 2013 - 09:43 PM

I could live with that trade!

Agreed. Aldridge is a top 20 player in this league, and it's very hard to acquire top 20 players despite the fact Morey recently acquired two of them. Any team acquiring a top 20 player in a trade is supposed to give up alot.

#46 thejohnnygold

thejohnnygold

Veteran

• Moderators
      • 4,133 posts
      • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 15 July 2013 - 10:29 PM

Yeah...when they don't already have 2 stars and are set up to contend for a title.

We aren't desperate for the talent--this would be a luxury trade and giving up all that for a third wheel doesn't make sense to me.

Aldridge is not the kind of player that is going to do well playing off the ball--he needs his own sets and plenty of touches to be effective.

I don't think he would be worth it within the context of Houston's roster and system.

#47 Mason Khamvilay

Mason Khamvilay

Veteran

• Members
      • PipPipPipPipPipPip
      • 3,216 posts
      • LocationVirginia, USA.

Posted 15 July 2013 - 10:47 PM

I agree that Aldridge is not ideal as a compliment to Harden and Dwight. Who would be the ideal compliment though?

#48 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

• Members
      • PipPipPipPipPipPip
      • 4,125 posts
      • Locationhouston

Posted 15 July 2013 - 10:52 PM

Yeah...when they don't already have 2 stars and are set up to contend for a title.

We aren't desperate for the talent--this would be a luxury trade and giving up all that for a third wheel doesn't make sense to me.

Aldridge is not the kind of player that is going to do well playing off the ball--he needs his own sets and plenty of touches to be effective.

I don't think he would be worth it within the context of Houston's roster and system.

think about it JG. our first rounders are going to be garbage for the next few years........so the draft picks don't really amount to much. asik and lin and g-smith are 3 nice young pieces for Portland to add to their team. for us giving up those 3 players won't damage our rotation. LMA is perfect for keeping the floor spaced for D-12..............don't forget LMA average 21/8 last year. he would be the range shooting 4 we need

you can only warn a man that the bridge is out.....if he keeps driving he's on his own B)

#49 Cooper

Cooper

• Members
      • PipPipPipPipPip
      • 1,290 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 10:58 PM

I agree that Aldridge is not ideal as a compliment to Harden and Dwight. Who would be the ideal compliment though?

I think Jeff green would be great (can shoot, score on his own, defend well enough. Reasonably priced) throw asik and a couple first to the C's maybe eat Wallace's contract if necessary.

#50 blakecouey

blakecouey

Red94 Chief of Police

• Moderators
        • 1,567 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 11:08 PM

I think Jeff green would be great (can shoot, score on his own, defend well enough. Reasonably priced) throw asik and a couple first to the C's maybe eat Wallace's contract if necessary.

Kills any of the slim chance we had to be able to chase LeBron next summer if we took Wallace as well.  And straight up Asik for Green isn't our best option in my opinion either, much less giving firsts in addition.  

I'd rather trade Asik for picks, maybe something similar to what we got to Lowry last year, double protected to a bottom dweller.  That of course isn't as flashy as a trade for LMA or Love(who I'd love to have on our team), as well as signing a proper back up for Howard(our biggest need if Asik is no longer with us) to a short term contract saving our flexibility until the right guy comes along.

#51 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

• Members
          • PipPipPipPipPipPip
          • 4,125 posts
          • Locationhouston

Posted 15 July 2013 - 11:17 PM

Kills any of the slim chance we had to be able to chase LeBron next summer if we took Wallace as well.  And straight up Asik for Green isn't our best option in my opinion either, much less giving firsts in addition.  

I'd rather trade Asik for picks, maybe something similar to what we got to Lowry last year, double protected to a bottom dweller.  That of course isn't as flashy as a trade for LMA or Love(who I'd love to have on our team), as well as signing a proper back up for Howard(our biggest need if Asik is no longer with us) to a short term contract saving our flexibility until the right guy comes along.

I agree I'm against that trade, but for different reasons. 1. I don't consider Jeff Green much of an upgrade to what we currently have at that position. 2. Aisk for green straight up we still lose and throwing in draft picks to boot....that's non starter for me

#52 Steven

Steven

Veteran

• Members
          • PipPipPipPipPipPip
          • 2,008 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 11:37 PM

Daryl Morey becomes first GM ever to be fired in the same year he wins Exec of the Year Award after trading Asik/Lin/G-Smith and 2 first rounders for LaMarcus Aldridge. :lol:

That's way too much...

Second. See Denver GM circa 2013.

#53 Rockets fan newton

Rockets fan newton

• Members
            • PipPipPip
            • 144 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 12:34 AM

Daryl Morey becomes first GM ever to be fired in the same year he wins Exec of the Year Award after trading Asik/Lin/G-Smith and 2 first rounders for LaMarcus Aldridge.

That's way too much...

It depends how good Lin and Tjones/Dmo are. If Lin is inconsestant and neither step up as a good Pf then it's a great trade..but if Lin is playing well and either one is playing the potion good then it's to much..we will see..but I agree that LA is a top 20 player and having 3 of them and parsons sounds like a championship no matter who else is left

Edited by Rockets fan newton, 16 July 2013 - 12:37 AM.

#54 Cooper

Cooper

• Members
              • PipPipPipPipPip
              • 1,290 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 12:38 AM

Y'all overvalue asik and we have no shot at lebron next year anyways.

#55 thejohnnygold

thejohnnygold

Veteran

• Moderators
                • 4,133 posts
                • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 16 July 2013 - 01:52 AM

Yeah, I know Aldridge is good--I like him a lot (he's a Longhorn--like me!), but I think that we can do better with those assets.  Further, if we make that trade we suddenly have little depth at pg and center and still have a logjam at PF.  Aldridge averages 21/8 because they feed him the ball....are we going to do that here?  Doubtful.  I think Jones and Motie are actually ideal for our current situation.

Kevin Love can make himself useful off the ball--his injury history still concerns me, but we'll see how he fares this season.

Did Denver's GM get fired?  I thought he just got a job offer in Toronto for more money....?

#56 blakecouey

blakecouey

Red94 Chief of Police

• Moderators
                • 1,567 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 01:53 AM

I agree as well RBF that Green isn't much if any of an upgrade, I'd much rather see how Jones and Motie develop, the likelihood is one or both will be viable starters with potential above that of Green.

Y'all overvalue asik and we have no shot at lebron next year anyways.

Not sure what you think his value is, but if Lowry can net us a lottery pick, Asik could easily.

Also-

So who do you think has a shot at Lebron?

4 teams.  Miami keeping him, continuing to play with his friends Wade and Bosh.  Cleveland, going back home to play with Kyrie and co..  OKC, to play with Durant, forming a powerhouse even greater than the Miami team that has gone back to back- this is unlikely though as it would take some flexibility that the Thunder currently don't have and would likely have to forfeit this season to be ready.  I see the Rockets as the other team with a chance.  We should have the cap room if it's played right(which should be expected), and for him to play with Harden and Dwight could be incredibly good.  I wouldn't bet on it happening, but it's not as unlikely as Lebron going to the Knicks, Nets, Celtics, or even the Lakers who won't have anyone of worth for him to play with.  LBJ is all about rings, and I believe that will continue to be his priority with his next contract too, we would give him a chance to add to his collection(which I project will be up to 3 at that time).

#57 blakecouey

blakecouey

Red94 Chief of Police

• Moderators
                  • 1,567 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 01:59 AM

Yeah, I know Aldridge is good--I like him a lot (he's a Longhorn--like me!), but I think that we can do better with those assets.  Further, if we make that trade we suddenly have little depth at pg and center and still have a logjam at PF.  Aldridge averages 21/8 because they feed him the ball....are we going to do that here?  Doubtful.  I think Jones and Motie are actually ideal for our current situation.

Kevin Love can make himself useful off the ball--his injury history still concerns me, but we'll see how he fares this season.

Did Denver's GM get fired?  I thought he just got a job offer in Toronto for more money....?

Karl was fired after winning Coach of the Year.  Ujiri won Exec of the Year and accepted more money in Toronto as you said.  

#58 Steven

Steven

Veteran

• Members
                    • PipPipPipPipPipPip
                    • 2,008 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 02:09 AM

Yeah, I know Aldridge is good--I like him a lot (he's a Longhorn--like me!), but I think that we can do better with those assets. Further, if we make that trade we suddenly have little depth at pg and center and still have a logjam at PF. Aldridge averages 21/8 because they feed him the ball....are we going to do that here? Doubtful. I think Jones and Motie are actually ideal for our current situation.

Did Denver's GM get fired? I thought he just got a job offer in Toronto for more money....?

If Denver truely wanted to keep him, they wouldn't have allowed him to interview. Technically he wasn't fired, but the Nuggets owner didn't want him either.

#59 Cooper

Cooper

• Members
                      • PipPipPipPipPip
                      • 1,290 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 11:05 AM

I know Omer is good but is a late lottery pick really better than Jeff green? We arent in collect asset mode anymore now its about actually winning. I would think we have a 3-4yr window with Dwight can't risk that on someone we get outside of the top ten this upcoming season or the next (most likely the next) . To me it comes down to 2 teams with lebron the cavs or Stay in Miami. Lakers are the only major market with cap space if I remember correctly and he does not seem like and LA guy especialyl if kobe is still around. Okc has no leverage to get him because even if lebron said I only want to go there you really think a guy like pat rielly is going to trade him there? Even of they get Westbrook in a trade who is a great player they still lose significantly. I think he'd call lebrons bluff and see if he wants to go there for the minimum, same situation for Houston.

Edited by Cooper, 16 July 2013 - 11:09 AM.

#60 Steven

Steven

Veteran

• Members
                        • PipPipPipPipPipPip
                        • 2,008 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 01:06 PM

Lakers will have around $20M in cap space. Kobe wants his money, so him and Steve Nash will cost $40M.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users