Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  majik19 : (13 October 2015 - 09:09 PM) Apparently we claimed Arsalan Kazemi off waivers from the Hawks today... yet another undersized (6'7") power forward for Morey's cupboard.
@  Mario Peña : (10 October 2015 - 01:12 PM) If your part if the Red94 Fantasy Basketball League check the thread to vote for the date and time for the draft event. Thanks y'all!
@  jorgeaam : (07 October 2015 - 08:47 PM) Guys we need 1 more owner for the Red94 fantasy league, if interested please comment on the post in the fantasy basketball thread
@  slick shoes : (07 October 2015 - 06:50 PM) Kobe ranked one spot higher than Ariza? Is this based on legacy or...??
@  slick shoes : (07 October 2015 - 04:13 PM) It was hard to keep up with both the Astros and Rockets at the same time. Should be interesting on Thursday with the Texans and Astros on simultaneously.
@  Mario Peña : (07 October 2015 - 04:09 PM) It was fun to have the Rockets on last night! Right now I'm watching the Celtics versus Milan and Alessandro Gentile is impressive.
@  jorgeaam : (06 October 2015 - 07:47 PM) Well, thinking twice about it, I'd rather have him score less and have the team as a whole do better. Lawson should take a lot of his load off
@  jorgeaam : (06 October 2015 - 07:47 PM) Loving that, hope he hits 30 PPG this year
@  thejohnnygold : (06 October 2015 - 06:15 PM) Someone is feeling confident :) : LINK
@  jorgeaam : (06 October 2015 - 05:54 PM) 10 Teams done, will need 2 more
@  Mario Peña : (06 October 2015 - 02:35 PM) Alright guys, if anyone is interested in joining the Red94 fantasy basketball league we could use one more player to get us to 10 teams (or three to get us to 12 teams). Just check the thread in the Fantasy Basketball forum. Thanks!
@  thejohnnygold : (05 October 2015 - 06:23 PM) I use leaguepass here in Austin with no problems...
@  skip 2 my lou : (05 October 2015 - 03:14 PM) Hey fellas, I'm a rocket fan but I live in the heart of Dallas. Does anybody know if I buy NBA Leaguepass if it's too close to be subject to blackouts?
@  Losthief : (02 October 2015 - 02:24 AM) tks jg
@  thejohnnygold : (29 September 2015 - 05:16 AM) FYI, it was media day today. Interviews are up at NBA.com
@  slick shoes : (23 September 2015 - 06:37 PM) kind of late in the day but NBATV is broadcasting classis Rockets games all day today.
@  SadLakerFan : (16 September 2015 - 04:37 AM) Man, as a Laker fan, I'm learning how little you care about the off season when your team sucks. Anyway, a quick moment to remember Moses. Still remember watching the 81 team as a kid - losing record, NBA Finals. I would have cried w/joy if they could have beaten the Celtics.
@  jorgeaam : (15 September 2015 - 08:30 PM) http://bleacherrepor...ist-after-crash
@  jorgeaam : (15 September 2015 - 08:30 PM) So to celebrate his new contract, Montrezl Harrell saved someone's life on monday
@  thejohnnygold : (14 September 2015 - 04:36 PM) A good article from Blinebury talking about when Hakeem and Moses used to play in the park. LINK

Photo

Any BOLD predictions for next season?

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#21 Mason Khamvilay

Mason Khamvilay

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,216 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA.

Posted 07 July 2013 - 12:58 PM

Lin wins Most Improved Player award for reasons stated above

Dwight and Harden both finish top 5 in MVP votes

And I will share tombrokeoff's prediction that Houston will be a top 3 seed in the west, and make it even more bold by bumping it up to top 2!  B)

#22 miketheodio

miketheodio

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 01:24 PM

WCF - rockets v clippers.

4 spot is filled from within.

lin becomes more of a facilitator.

#23 ale11

ale11

Advanced Member

• Members
    • PipPipPipPip
    • 704 posts
    • LocationMontevideo, Uruguay

Posted 07 July 2013 - 08:10 PM

Even though Lin's main strength is going full throttle, I think he is more than capable to adapt to Dwight coming. Him knowing he is gonna be the fourth option probably will lead him to work on his passing ability as well as the spot-up shooting. I want to think he is more than capable of adapting to our current situation, and with a full camp with both Harden and Howard, he will get time to prove himself as the right choice for our team at PG.

Since we got Dwight, it's not really that bold to say we'll get to top 3 (when tombrokeoff predicted it, Howard wasn't really that feasible). The bold prediction might be that team chemistry won't be ruined one bit by our recent signing and we'll get at least to WCF.

#24 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

glad you're on board, but I been on this boat since it left

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • 4,125 posts
    • Locationhouston

Posted 07 July 2013 - 11:58 PM

Bold prediction for next year............there's going to be a parade on Travis street next June :lol:  

you can only warn a man that the bridge is out.....if he keeps driving he's on his own B)

#25 Rockets fan newton

Rockets fan newton

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 144 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 12:30 AM

Lin wins Most Improved Player award for reasons stated above
      Dwight and Harden both finish top 5 in MVP votes
      And I will share tombrokeoff's prediction that Houston will be a top 3 seed in the west, and make it even more bold by bumping it up to top 2! B)

All of what he said plus we stop the heat from the 3 peat..BOOOOMMM

#26 Steven

Steven

Veteran

• Members
      • PipPipPipPipPipPip
      • 2,008 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 12:40 AM

Rockets lead the league in blocked shots and points on the fastbreak

#27 Johnny Rocket

Johnny Rocket

• Members
        • PipPipPip
        • 214 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 05:39 AM

The Lakers win 32 games and miss the playoffs, ending up with the 10th pick of the draft.  But lo and behold, miracles of miracles, they win the lottery (despite have only a 1 percent chance) and draft Allan Wiggins.

Edited by Johnny Rocket, 08 July 2013 - 05:40 AM.

#28 sircharles

sircharles

• Members
          • PipPipPip
          • 283 posts
          • LocationAustin Tx

Posted 08 July 2013 - 05:41 AM

The Lakers win 32 games and miss the playoffs, ending up with the 10th pick of the draft.  But lo and behold, miracles of miracles, they win the lottery (despite have only a 1 percent chance) and draft Allan Wiggins.

wouldnt be suprised at all if that happened with how obviously rigged the lottery is.

#29 thejohnnygold

thejohnnygold

Veteran

• Moderators
          • 4,133 posts
          • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 08 July 2013 - 04:41 PM

D-Mo claims the starting PF spot over T-Jones.  Over the Summer he re-finds his stroke from deep and becomes a HUGE asset as his nifty passes finally find hands that can handle them in Dwight.  His size and quickness make him the perfect compliment to Dwight on both ends of the court and he winds up posting a solid 12 pts, 6 rebs, 4 assists with a steal and a block per game....not bad as a 4th/5th option on the team.

He and Parsons will shred defenses as they overload trying to stop Harden & Howard.

Rockets earn the monicker "most stacked team in the league from top to bottom"

#30 Richards

Richards

• Members
          • PipPipPip
          • 393 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 05:35 PM

Lin (if he wasn't traded) will have higher assists and less turnovers since Howard catch and score better than Asik.

Harden's numbers will go down a bit since ball will go through new big baby more.

#31 Steven

Steven

Veteran

• Members
            • PipPipPipPipPipPip
            • 2,008 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 01:59 PM

73-9. 106 ppg 95 pag.

Edited by Steven, 09 July 2013 - 02:00 PM.

#32 redfaithful

redfaithful

• Members
              • PipPipPip
              • 211 posts
              • LocationIsrael

Posted 09 July 2013 - 02:27 PM

@Steven, why so conservative?

#33 Steven

Steven

Veteran

• Members
              • PipPipPipPipPipPip
              • 2,008 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 02:57 PM

Just my nature.

#34 Richards

Richards

• Members
                • PipPipPip
                • 393 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 04:21 PM

D-Mo claims the starting PF spot over T-Jones.  Over the Summer he re-finds his stroke from deep and becomes a HUGE asset as his nifty passes finally find hands that can handle them in Dwight.  His size and quickness make him the perfect compliment to Dwight on both ends of the court and he winds up posting a solid 12 pts, 6 rebs, 4 assists with a steal and a block per game....not bad as a 4th/5th option on the team.

He and Parsons will shred defenses as they overload trying to stop Harden & Howard.

Rockets earn the monicker "most stacked team in the league from top to bottom"

That is what I was thinking. A lot of fans are very high on TJ for his late season games and recent summer league showings. I think D-Mo and TJ are different type of player and may have same value. But Howard will clog up lanes for TJ and D-Mo might be a better fit due to his shooting  and passing abilities. 

#35 Steven

Steven

Veteran

• Members
                  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
                  • 2,008 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 09:52 PM

Rockets win their first 20 games. End up going 73-9. They have the best center, the best shooting guard, a top 5 (you will see) PF, a top 10 SF. They go Fo Fo Fo Six. To win the 2014 Championship.

#36 blakecouey

blakecouey

Red94 Chief of Police

• Moderators
                    • 1,567 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 03:22 AM

Dwight averages 20 and 14, Harden averages 26 5 and 5.  We make it to the WCF.

#37 Steven

Steven

Veteran

• Members
                      • PipPipPipPipPipPip
                      • 2,008 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 03:23 AM

Dwight averages 20 and 14, Harden averages 26 5 and 5. We make it to the WCF.

It's called BOLD, not underselling. ;)

Edited by Steven, 15 July 2013 - 03:24 AM.

#38 rocketrick

rocketrick

• Members
                        • PipPipPipPipPip
                        • 1,865 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 07:16 AM

I think it will probably come down to playoff matchups next season in regards to how far the Rockets will go. It will be a huge disappointment and a failure if the Rockets don't make it to the second round no matter who we matchup with the first round assuming the Rockets have good luck with health. If it's Rockets-Thunder or Rockets-Spurs in the second round, it sure should be a donnybrook of a series but I wouldn't necessarily call it an outright failure if the Rockets lost to either of those 2 teams unless it turned out to be a sweep, etc.

#39 rocketrick

rocketrick

• Members
                          • PipPipPipPipPip
                          • 1,865 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 07:18 AM

Rockets win their first 20 games. End up going 73-9. They have the best center, the best shooting guard, a top 5 (you will see) PF, a top 10 SF. They go Fo Fo Fo Six. To win the 2014 Championship.

So Steven must be assuming Love or Aldridge are traded to the Rockets this year (top 5 PF)

#40 ParsonsMVP

ParsonsMVP

• Members
                            • Pip
                            • 1 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 12:12 PM

A joke now!!

McHale will coach the year

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users