Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Losthief : (02 October 2015 - 02:24 AM) tks jg
@  thejohnnygold : (29 September 2015 - 05:16 AM) FYI, it was media day today. Interviews are up at NBA.com
@  slick shoes : (23 September 2015 - 06:37 PM) kind of late in the day but NBATV is broadcasting classis Rockets games all day today.
@  SadLakerFan : (16 September 2015 - 04:37 AM) Man, as a Laker fan, I'm learning how little you care about the off season when your team sucks. Anyway, a quick moment to remember Moses. Still remember watching the 81 team as a kid - losing record, NBA Finals. I would have cried w/joy if they could have beaten the Celtics.
@  jorgeaam : (15 September 2015 - 08:30 PM) http://bleacherrepor...ist-after-crash
@  jorgeaam : (15 September 2015 - 08:30 PM) So to celebrate his new contract, Montrezl Harrell saved someone's life on monday
@  thejohnnygold : (14 September 2015 - 04:36 PM) A good article from Blinebury talking about when Hakeem and Moses used to play in the park. LINK
@  rockets best... : (14 September 2015 - 02:29 AM) I agree totally. I got to watch his Rocket days and the man was a hell of a player. BIG MO R.I.P.
@  Mario Peña : (13 September 2015 - 05:24 PM) Sad to see Moses pass. I don't remember watching him as a Rocket but I do remember his Philly and Hawks teams. He was the perfect man to mentor Dream. It's a very sad day for his family and friends and there are many.
@  majik19 : (12 September 2015 - 09:01 PM) i just saw a post wishing Yao Ming a happy 35th birthday... am I the only one whose mind is blown that he's only 35?
@  cointurtlemoose : (08 September 2015 - 01:17 AM) aaaah, thanks jorge
@  jorgeaam : (08 September 2015 - 12:21 AM) Love it how Hinkie and Morey always target the same players, but hoping he isn't another Covington
@  thejohnnygold : (08 September 2015 - 12:03 AM) Christian Wood has signed with Philly
@  jorgeaam : (07 September 2015 - 10:32 PM) If I'm not wrong, he hasn't been waived yet, they have until october 4th to do that
@  cointurtlemoose : (07 September 2015 - 05:39 PM) Anyone else surprised that Kostas hasn't gotten picked up by anyone yet? I wanna see that guy play somewhere
@  redfaithful : (05 September 2015 - 10:48 PM) Llull line from today loss to Serbia: 30MIN 1-10PG, 0-5 3PG, 4-4FT 6AST, 1TO, 4REB, +/- -11
@  Losthief : (03 September 2015 - 02:27 AM) this dude's gun fired and all he got a misdemeanor at bush lol: http://abc13.com/new...ush-iah/815795/
@  Losthief : (03 September 2015 - 02:26 AM) theres more articles all over, but the jist is houston (and texas) doesn't really arrest for it, they just recommend you leave it in your car when they catch it. So seems dwight got lucky he was in texas and not cali or the NE.
@  Losthief : (03 September 2015 - 02:22 AM) honestly we should just be glad they caught it...
@  Losthief : (03 September 2015 - 02:21 AM) response: http://nymag.com/dai...n_airplane.html

Photo

NBA Playoffs Discussion

• Please log in to reply
165 replies to this topic

#21 Mario Peña

Mario Peña

Officer

• Moderators
  • 2,298 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 21 April 2013 - 04:11 AM

Out of johnnygold, Sir Thursday, thenit, 2016Champions and myself it looks like I am the only one that chose the Clippers to eliminate the Grizzlies.
How sweet it is!

#22 Mason Khamvilay

Mason Khamvilay

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,216 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA.

Posted 21 April 2013 - 04:50 AM

Yep, Zach Lowe chose the Grizzlies too. If Clippers win you're smarter than all of us lol

#23 Mario Peña

Mario Peña

Officer

• Moderators
  • 2,298 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 21 April 2013 - 05:00 AM

If I had to bet on all of us I would take y'all's choice over my own since y'all are better informed than my self. I just think it's going to be pretty even so I am giving the nod to the team with the best player.
How sweet it is!

#24 Mason Khamvilay

Mason Khamvilay

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,216 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA.

Posted 21 April 2013 - 05:11 AM

Chris Paul is a monster, if the Grizzlies have any holes in their defense he will find it.

#25 thenit

thenit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 05:35 AM

The Clipps still has Home court advantage. 1-0

#26 thejohnnygold

thejohnnygold

Veteran

• Moderators
    • 4,125 posts
    • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 21 April 2013 - 02:56 PM

I'm counting on Tony Allen shutting down Paul.

#27 miketheodio

miketheodio

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 353 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:07 PM

looking at the spurs now, maybe the 7th spot was overrated...

#28 thejohnnygold

thejohnnygold

Veteran

• Moderators
      • 4,125 posts
      • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:33 PM

Yeah....talent+coaching+experience=excellence

#29 Mario Peña

Mario Peña

Officer

• Moderators
      • 2,298 posts
      • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 23 April 2013 - 03:26 AM

Every time I watch the Clippers I am in awe of how deep they are.
      How sweet it is!

#30 thejohnnygold

thejohnnygold

Veteran

• Moderators
      • 4,125 posts
      • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 23 April 2013 - 04:11 AM

And how crazy good Jamal Crawford can be...

#31 Mario Peña

Mario Peña

Officer

• Moderators
      • 2,298 posts
      • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:04 AM

And how impressive Bledsoe is athletically.
      How sweet it is!

#32 thejohnnygold

thejohnnygold

Veteran

• Moderators
      • 4,125 posts
      • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:07 AM

Shoot, their entire team is insanely athletic

#33 Mario Peña

Mario Peña

Officer

• Moderators
      • 2,298 posts
      • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:37 AM

Chris Paul is the reason the Grizzlies don't have a chance.
      How sweet it is!

#34 Mason Khamvilay

Mason Khamvilay

Veteran

• Members
      • PipPipPipPipPipPip
      • 3,216 posts
      • LocationVirginia, USA.

Posted 23 April 2013 - 06:06 AM

Cp3 is an amazing player who is helping his team overachieve right now, but at the same time ZBo is underachieving. This is clearly not the same ZBo we saw dominate Duncan in the 2011 playoffs.

#35 Sir Thursday

Sir Thursday

• Members
      • PipPipPipPipPip
      • 1,179 posts
      • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 23 April 2013 - 10:38 AM

I think everyone is overreacting a bit - "Wow! Gamewinner!" is a natural reaction, but the Grizzlies nearly stole home court in that game, which should worry the Clips. They looked good, but still gave their opponents a chance to win the game. It doesn't matter how good Paul is, he won't make those every time and if and when his stretch dominance falters they're not going to be looking so clever.

Anyway, they've held serve so now they have to go to the Grindhouse - if they win one of the games there, that's when I'll pencil them in for the next round. Not before.

ST

#36 Mario Peña

Mario Peña

Officer

• Moderators
      • 2,298 posts
      • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 23 April 2013 - 02:46 PM

Good points Sir Thursday and 2016Champions, I sort of agree with what you both say. Saying that though I predicted Clippers eliminate Grizzlies so I am just sticking what I believed before. With regards to game two I am going to take the Bill Simmons view and say game 2 was the Grizzlies' win they just got beat by Chris Paul meaning that was their one chance to steal one because they probably won't play that competitively again in Staples. Two things I see though I could be wrong, Randolph looks to be having problems with the amount of athletes invading his paint and Hollins seems to have not stepped up the coaching.
      How sweet it is!

#37 thejohnnygold

thejohnnygold

Veteran

• Moderators
      • 4,125 posts
      • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 23 April 2013 - 03:27 PM

Paul definitely played a great, GREAT game, but I feel like it was Crawford that got them the win in this game.  His 6-10 shooting was the difference.  I don't think he will sustain his current level as his shots tend to have a high difficulty level and will stop dropping in.  Memphis should take those games...

#38 Sir Thursday

Sir Thursday

• Members
      • PipPipPipPipPip
      • 1,179 posts
      • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:33 AM

I'm watching Bucks-Heat at the moment, and Milwaukee are actually doing OK so far, despite Ellis and Jennings having provided basically nothing offensively. Ilyasova and Dunleavy playing really well - I never realised that Dunleavy was such a good passer! He's made 3 or 4 excellent ones, finding cutters or hitting the inside man. I don't know if they'll be able to keep this up or if the Heat will keep missing all of these shots, but if they do you may well see some column inches devoted to Mr Dunleavy Jr. tomorrow.

ST

EDIT: Ooh, and he's a free agent next season! We're looking for a solid wing, so he might not be a bad shout for 'the guy Morey signs on a sneakily low deal in the offseason'.

#39 Mason Khamvilay

Mason Khamvilay

Veteran

• Members
      • PipPipPipPipPipPip
      • 3,216 posts
      • LocationVirginia, USA.

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:44 AM

Dunleavy gets injured alot, but when healthy he's a pretty good player and I would be very happy to see him in a Rockets uniform for around 3-4m. I would actually start him at the 4 and use him the way the Heat use Battier, he would give us the floor spacing we need to take Ibaka away from the rim and make it easier for Harden to attack. 

#40 Sir Thursday

Sir Thursday

• Members
      • PipPipPipPipPip
      • 1,179 posts
      • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:12 AM

Also, Mbah a Moute is playing some pretty excellent post defense on LeBron. Really making him work hard, and is causing him to do some un-James-like things. I can't remember seeing Lebron bite on a pump fake before, and Mbah-a-Moute was also able to swipe the ball in the post very neatly, leading to easy transition bucket (I think the rest of the Heat were so shocked that they forgot to get back on defense). He suffers from the can't-shoot-itis that seems to dog a lot of the perimeter stoppers in the league, but I quite like the guy.

ST

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users