Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Losthief : (02 October 2015 - 02:24 AM) tks jg
@  thejohnnygold : (29 September 2015 - 05:16 AM) FYI, it was media day today. Interviews are up at NBA.com
@  slick shoes : (23 September 2015 - 06:37 PM) kind of late in the day but NBATV is broadcasting classis Rockets games all day today.
@  SadLakerFan : (16 September 2015 - 04:37 AM) Man, as a Laker fan, I'm learning how little you care about the off season when your team sucks. Anyway, a quick moment to remember Moses. Still remember watching the 81 team as a kid - losing record, NBA Finals. I would have cried w/joy if they could have beaten the Celtics.
@  jorgeaam : (15 September 2015 - 08:30 PM) http://bleacherrepor...ist-after-crash
@  jorgeaam : (15 September 2015 - 08:30 PM) So to celebrate his new contract, Montrezl Harrell saved someone's life on monday
@  thejohnnygold : (14 September 2015 - 04:36 PM) A good article from Blinebury talking about when Hakeem and Moses used to play in the park. LINK
@  rockets best... : (14 September 2015 - 02:29 AM) I agree totally. I got to watch his Rocket days and the man was a hell of a player. BIG MO R.I.P.
@  Mario Peña : (13 September 2015 - 05:24 PM) Sad to see Moses pass. I don't remember watching him as a Rocket but I do remember his Philly and Hawks teams. He was the perfect man to mentor Dream. It's a very sad day for his family and friends and there are many.
@  majik19 : (12 September 2015 - 09:01 PM) i just saw a post wishing Yao Ming a happy 35th birthday... am I the only one whose mind is blown that he's only 35?
@  cointurtlemoose : (08 September 2015 - 01:17 AM) aaaah, thanks jorge
@  jorgeaam : (08 September 2015 - 12:21 AM) Love it how Hinkie and Morey always target the same players, but hoping he isn't another Covington
@  thejohnnygold : (08 September 2015 - 12:03 AM) Christian Wood has signed with Philly
@  jorgeaam : (07 September 2015 - 10:32 PM) If I'm not wrong, he hasn't been waived yet, they have until october 4th to do that
@  cointurtlemoose : (07 September 2015 - 05:39 PM) Anyone else surprised that Kostas hasn't gotten picked up by anyone yet? I wanna see that guy play somewhere
@  redfaithful : (05 September 2015 - 10:48 PM) Llull line from today loss to Serbia: 30MIN 1-10PG, 0-5 3PG, 4-4FT 6AST, 1TO, 4REB, +/- -11
@  Losthief : (03 September 2015 - 02:27 AM) this dude's gun fired and all he got a misdemeanor at bush lol: http://abc13.com/new...ush-iah/815795/
@  Losthief : (03 September 2015 - 02:26 AM) theres more articles all over, but the jist is houston (and texas) doesn't really arrest for it, they just recommend you leave it in your car when they catch it. So seems dwight got lucky he was in texas and not cali or the NE.
@  Losthief : (03 September 2015 - 02:22 AM) honestly we should just be glad they caught it...
@  Losthief : (03 September 2015 - 02:21 AM) response: http://nymag.com/dai...n_airplane.html

Photo

Is Morey signing J-Smooth as a piece for Love in 2014?

• Please log in to reply
253 replies to this topic

#241 Mason Khamvilay

Mason Khamvilay

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,216 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA.

Posted 13 April 2013 - 02:51 PM

Are you sure it's not called being on the decline coming off an injury plagued season too? 

#242 phaketrash

phaketrash

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 891 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 13 April 2013 - 03:59 PM

iunno, he's looking pretty good now haha.

I think we'd only have to give up TRob to get Pau. Question is, will LAL just take TRob for Pau? Before, I thought very likely as they were so over the luxury tax...but now we have to wonder, are they going to consider amnestying Kobe? He's going to cost them $80M next yr...$80M for a player who may very well not play at all (or only 2 months). eek.

#243 thejohnnygold

thejohnnygold

Veteran

• Moderators
  • 4,125 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 13 April 2013 - 04:09 PM

I think it depends...can a team re-sign a player after he has been amnestied?  I presume Kobe will be out all of next season, but after that could they re-sign him in the 2014-2015 season?  If so, then they all but have to amnesty him.  If they can't re-sign him then I don't see it happening unless he retires.  No way Kobe wears another jersey...is there?

#244 phaketrash

phaketrash

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 891 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 13 April 2013 - 04:21 PM

I think it depends...can a team re-sign a player after he has been amnestied?  I presume Kobe will be out all of next season, but after that could they re-sign him in the 2014-2015 season?  If so, then they all but have to amnesty him.  If they can't re-sign him then I don't see it happening unless he retires.  No way Kobe wears another jersey...is there?

I don't think they can re-sign him that season, but they should be able to the following season. According to espn: 

L.A. could sign Kobe in the summer of 2014, even after using the amnesty clause in 2013.

http://espn.go.com/n...xperts-weigh-in

It makes most practical sense to amnesty him, then bring him back a yr later. Kobe will NOT join another team (he has said so himself), but he doesn't have to. If he is going to be injured all of next season, who will bid on him? Esp. if he can then just say he's not ready to come back to play, still hurts a bit, and want to rehab/rest more (like what Rose is doing now, even though he's been medically cleared to play). No one will waste money on that, knowing that would be the result. Like when Billups said he'd rather retire than play for a contender after he was amnestied, so scrubs needn't bid.

So no one will and Kobe will come back and join LAL at a super discount in 2014, and LAL can save $80M (or $50M since Kobe still has to be paid), and build a better team in the interim. 

Question is, would LAL do it when there would be such a huge backlash from the vocal LAL community? It is an emotional move, and Kobe HAS to agree to it. It'd be disrespectful for him not to have the final say on it, and would all but end his career there otherwise (I think he'd then retire if they amnestied him against his will). It would put a stink on the Lakers organization. But hey, w/ Jim Buss...who knows...he ain't his papa.

#245 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

glad you're on board, but I been on this boat since it left

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,122 posts
  • Locationhouston

Posted 13 April 2013 - 05:30 PM

Hey RBF, I totally agree about getting along too.  I can't help if you find your responses and reactions to be free of any fault.  From my perspective, you respond to my posts in ways that ignore what I have previously stated--including the last two above--and it's not because you've already said it--the response truly doesn't go with what came before it.  Regarding the reading of posts, I was paraphrasing what you have told me in the past so I can only presume that when your responses don't address what I wrote, or ignore a key point in them, that you are "skimming" them again.  If that's not the case--I apologize.

Guilty on bleacher report, but that is why I mockingly included the mention next to it.  Judge me for that if you must.

I am passionate about the Rockets--same as you--but please consider that it may not be coincidence that you keep finding yourself in the same spot where a debate ends up getting emotionally charged.  You use emotionally charged diction as well and toe the line of insulting a person fairly well and as soon as someone replies in kind you point the finger of shame.  It's not so black and white in my view.  I know we are supposed to have the "higher standard" here and I truly appreciate that and do my best to maintain it.  I think it is important to be respectful and gracious towards the opinions of others--even if we don't agree with them--and if I may, I think many of your posts fall short on that which can lead to such emotional responses.

My posts are often long because that's just the way I think and write.  It has nothing to do with anything other than that.  I like to try and paint a picture.  It's not a bigger is better thing--that's just weird.

Bottom line is I enjoy debating with you.  I don't think I am out of line in saying what I have said or reacting the way I have based on the sum of all things.  If I'm wrong I'll gladly admit that.  I was brought up to stand up for myself and that's what I will continue to do.  We're good but if not let me know and we'll get it right. B)

JG when you arrive today let me know and we will continue our conversation because there is still issues left unresolved in my mind. and just to answer a couple of points from above.......I didn't start having the hissy fit you did. I know I am going to be at odds with a lot of people because I am a very good debater and some people can't stand prolonged attacks against their ideas. I thought you were above that, but am now rethinking that position....to be at odds with other posters...that doesn't surprise me ....what does surprise me is you. in the past we have been able to have these discussions without falling into this area, but this j-smith issue cuts a little to close to home for you I guess. however if you think you have been insulted at any point then why didn't you raise the issue then? sorry you think I have insulted you somewhere, but I don't know when are where. there are only 3 poster I have ever gotten into it with here Jason, 2016 and this time you. Jason needs no explanation. 2016 was new here, but has upped the level of his conversation. you however I'm puzzled by. we have laughed here many times. we have also been at odds, but have maintained a fact driven conversation without emotion. however this j-smith idea evidently riled up emotion. lets discuss it........waiting on your response

you can only warn a man that the bridge is out.....if he keeps driving he's on his own B)

#246 Cooper

Cooper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 05:48 PM

If pau keeps playing well I don't think they will trade him with Kobe going to miss a portion of next season they will need all the talent they can get to win games. Any trade involving pau will be a loss for them because of his contract size diminshes his trade value much lower than his actual value is.

#247 phaketrash

phaketrash

Advanced Member

• Members
    • PipPipPipPip
    • 891 posts
    • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 13 April 2013 - 05:53 PM

@RBF and @JG lol

i-like-where-this-thread-is-going.jpg

#248 thejohnnygold

thejohnnygold

Veteran

• Moderators
    • 4,125 posts
    • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 13 April 2013 - 08:53 PM

@RBF and @JG lol

i-like-where-this-thread-is-going.jpg

How I feel today...

dunce.jpg

#249 Mason Khamvilay

Mason Khamvilay

Veteran

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • 3,216 posts
    • LocationVirginia, USA.

Posted 20 April 2013 - 12:47 AM

Who doesn't want to see Kevin Love in a Rockets uniform? Assuming he's healthy, I do.

#250 Cooper

Cooper

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 1,290 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 01:29 AM

I'm actually not a big love fan because he is always hurt and hasn't been able to even make the playoffs. I suppose I'd take him over smith though.

#251 Mason Khamvilay

Mason Khamvilay

Veteran

• Members
      • PipPipPipPipPipPip
      • 3,216 posts
      • LocationVirginia, USA.

Posted 20 April 2013 - 02:02 AM

Prior to this season he hasn't missed that many games:

09' missed 1 game

10' missed 22 games

11' missed 9 games

12' missed 11 games

So it's not like he has Bynum's knees. When healthy I think he's easily a top 20 player, with potential for top 10. He's only 24 too. 

#252 Steven

Steven

Veteran

• Members
      • PipPipPipPipPipPip
      • 2,008 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 02:38 AM

When healthy, K-Love is the best PF in the league.

#253 thejohnnygold

thejohnnygold

Veteran

• Moderators
        • 4,125 posts
        • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 20 April 2013 - 04:00 PM

I have two reservations about K-Love.  I agree that offensively he would be GREAT with us.  He can do it all.

I've neveer really watched him with an eye on his defense, but I feel it is suspect....jury is still out on this one.

His injuries do concern me exactly because he is 24....it's a huge red flag in my book.

#254 Mason Khamvilay

Mason Khamvilay

Veteran

• Members
        • PipPipPipPipPipPip
        • 3,216 posts
        • LocationVirginia, USA.

Posted 20 April 2013 - 07:39 PM

I think a part of why he got injured last season was the minutes he was being played, if we keep the minutes down until the playoffs he should be fine.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users