Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Mario Peña : (10 October 2015 - 01:12 PM) If your part if the Red94 Fantasy Basketball League check the thread to vote for the date and time for the draft event. Thanks y'all!
@  jorgeaam : (07 October 2015 - 08:47 PM) Guys we need 1 more owner for the Red94 fantasy league, if interested please comment on the post in the fantasy basketball thread
@  slick shoes : (07 October 2015 - 06:50 PM) Kobe ranked one spot higher than Ariza? Is this based on legacy or...??
@  slick shoes : (07 October 2015 - 04:13 PM) It was hard to keep up with both the Astros and Rockets at the same time. Should be interesting on Thursday with the Texans and Astros on simultaneously.
@  Mario Peña : (07 October 2015 - 04:09 PM) It was fun to have the Rockets on last night! Right now I'm watching the Celtics versus Milan and Alessandro Gentile is impressive.
@  jorgeaam : (06 October 2015 - 07:47 PM) Well, thinking twice about it, I'd rather have him score less and have the team as a whole do better. Lawson should take a lot of his load off
@  jorgeaam : (06 October 2015 - 07:47 PM) Loving that, hope he hits 30 PPG this year
@  thejohnnygold : (06 October 2015 - 06:15 PM) Someone is feeling confident :) : LINK
@  jorgeaam : (06 October 2015 - 05:54 PM) 10 Teams done, will need 2 more
@  Mario Peña : (06 October 2015 - 02:35 PM) Alright guys, if anyone is interested in joining the Red94 fantasy basketball league we could use one more player to get us to 10 teams (or three to get us to 12 teams). Just check the thread in the Fantasy Basketball forum. Thanks!
@  thejohnnygold : (05 October 2015 - 06:23 PM) I use leaguepass here in Austin with no problems...
@  skip 2 my lou : (05 October 2015 - 03:14 PM) Hey fellas, I'm a rocket fan but I live in the heart of Dallas. Does anybody know if I buy NBA Leaguepass if it's too close to be subject to blackouts?
@  Losthief : (02 October 2015 - 02:24 AM) tks jg
@  thejohnnygold : (29 September 2015 - 05:16 AM) FYI, it was media day today. Interviews are up at NBA.com
@  slick shoes : (23 September 2015 - 06:37 PM) kind of late in the day but NBATV is broadcasting classis Rockets games all day today.
@  SadLakerFan : (16 September 2015 - 04:37 AM) Man, as a Laker fan, I'm learning how little you care about the off season when your team sucks. Anyway, a quick moment to remember Moses. Still remember watching the 81 team as a kid - losing record, NBA Finals. I would have cried w/joy if they could have beaten the Celtics.
@  jorgeaam : (15 September 2015 - 08:30 PM) http://bleacherrepor...ist-after-crash
@  jorgeaam : (15 September 2015 - 08:30 PM) So to celebrate his new contract, Montrezl Harrell saved someone's life on monday
@  thejohnnygold : (14 September 2015 - 04:36 PM) A good article from Blinebury talking about when Hakeem and Moses used to play in the park. LINK
@  rockets best... : (14 September 2015 - 02:29 AM) I agree totally. I got to watch his Rocket days and the man was a hell of a player. BIG MO R.I.P.

Photo

The Bash McHale thread

• Please log in to reply
116 replies to this topic

#101 Mason Khamvilay

Mason Khamvilay

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,216 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA.

Posted 07 April 2013 - 02:13 PM

My point is that Asik and Harden were too tired.... I thought that was obvious. 

#102 phaketrash

phaketrash

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 891 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:03 PM

Relax 2016, it's just 1 game and quite frankly with no Chandler Parsons and Carlos Delfino, I pretty much expected a loss. And it's not like McHale overplayed Harden and Asik, I don't understand your point because Harden only played 29 minutes and Asik 27 minutes.

Lastly, I don't agree at all that Houston's bench could have withstood Portland in the 4th quarter the night before. Don't forget, Portland has a lot of offensive weapons (Aldridge, Lillard plus Matthews is streaky and is capable of hitting several 3's in short order) which obviously Orlando didn't have and yet Orlando made it (according to some on this board) too interesting. Plus Houston played Portland on the road and Orlando at home. McHale should be credited for cinching the win against Portland and taking his chances with Denver tonight. It's much better to finish the road trip a guarenteed 2-1 instead of possibly 1-2 and all of a sudden we're looking over our shoulders at both the Lakers and the Jazz.

You do realize this at least somewhat goes against what you advocated in the ORL game right? When I said McHale should have put the starters back in instead of risking it w/ the bench against a rising ORL comeback? lol

#103 Steven

Steven

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,008 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 12:08 AM

It's become oblivious that when Delfino is at the 4 against the other teams starts, the Rockets get killed. True 4s dominate him, but McHale still runs him out there because it worked 6 months ago. It's time to FIRE McHALE!!!!!!

#104 Jason

Jason

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 361 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:12 AM

It's become oblivious that when Delfino is at the 4 against the other teams starts, the Rockets get killed. True 4s dominate him, but McHale still runs him out there because it worked 6 months ago. It's time to FIRE McHALE!!!!!!

Because all of our PFs stink! It's actually our best option!

#105 Mason Khamvilay

Mason Khamvilay

Veteran

• Members
      • PipPipPipPipPipPip
      • 3,216 posts
      • LocationVirginia, USA.

Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:30 AM

Yeah, our biggest run we had in game 1 was while Delfino was at the 4, and the game we beat them in the regular season we started him at the 4 and played him 42 minutes. It's sad but Delfino at the 4 is the best option we have against the Thunder and it's not even close, although I would like to give D-Mo a chance. 

#106 thejohnnygold

thejohnnygold

Veteran

• Moderators
      • 4,128 posts
      • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:35 AM

I like giving D-Mo a chance as well....what's the worst that could happen?  Lose by 30???

#107 Steven

Steven

Veteran

• Members
      • PipPipPipPipPipPip
      • 2,008 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 02:38 AM

Yeah, our biggest run we had in game 1 was while Delfino was at the 4, and the game we beat them in the regular season we started him at the 4 and played him 42 minutes. It's sad but Delfino at the 4 is the best option we have against the Thunder and it's not even close, although I would like to give D-Mo a chance.

Yea. Against the Thunders scrubs there was a decent run. But as soon as the starters came in he got destroyed. Jones would be a better option then D-Mo.

#108 Mason Khamvilay

Mason Khamvilay

Veteran

• Members
        • PipPipPipPipPipPip
        • 3,216 posts
        • LocationVirginia, USA.

Posted 23 April 2013 - 03:46 AM

They played scrubs for 42 minutes? 

#109 Steven

Steven

Veteran

• Members
        • PipPipPipPipPipPip
        • 2,008 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 03:49 AM

The run in the playoffs. Regular season is regular season. Some games matter to some teams others don't.

#110 thenit

thenit

Advanced Member

• Members
          • PipPipPipPip
          • 671 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 03:56 AM

I say Smith had his chance, 2nd game with go with D-Mo as a starter, 3rd game Jones, 4th game gamble on royce white wth right.

If anyone can resemble an PF we let that guy run with it lol. Worst case scenario they all get experience

#111 Mason Khamvilay

Mason Khamvilay

Veteran

• Members
            • PipPipPipPipPipPip
            • 3,216 posts
            • LocationVirginia, USA.

Posted 23 April 2013 - 04:08 AM

Now there's a good argument, give D-Mo a chance and even if we lose at least he gets the experience. I like it. And who knows, if D-Mo gets hot we might even win a game. 

#112 Mario Peña

Mario Peña

Officer

• Moderators
            • 2,303 posts
            • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 23 April 2013 - 04:14 AM

I don't know if this wine is clouding my thinking but I kind of agree as well. Why not keep trying Rockets power forwards till one does something, they need the experience and we aren't going to win this series anyway.
            How sweet it is!

#113 rocketrick

rocketrick

• Members
            • PipPipPipPipPip
            • 1,865 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 05:22 AM

Just curious to know where did all the McHale bashers disappear to?

#114 Steven

Steven

Veteran

• Members
              • PipPipPipPipPipPip
              • 2,008 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 05:41 AM

Haven't you heard, he is resigning at the end of the season. SVG and D12 are coming combo style.

#115 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

glad you're on board, but I been on this boat since it left

• Members
                • PipPipPipPipPipPip
                • 4,123 posts
                • Locationhouston

Posted 02 May 2013 - 06:59 AM

Just curious to know where did all the McHale bashers disappear to?

I'm not ready to say I like him yet, but he is on a good run right now :rolleyes:

you can only warn a man that the bridge is out.....if he keeps driving he's on his own B)

#116 Steven

Steven

Veteran

• Members
                • PipPipPipPipPipPip
                • 2,008 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 05:00 AM

McHale sucks!!!

It's all his fault that Dwight Howard choose to play for the Rockets and learn from McHale how to play in the post. It's McHale's fault that Chandler Parsons improved so much under his guidance, that USA basketball brought him to Vegas in order to possibly make the World Championship squad under Coach K next summer. It's McHale's fault that Harden went for 26/5/5 last season.

McHale sucks!!!

Edited by Steven, 25 July 2013 - 05:01 AM.

#117 Buckko

Buckko

• Members
                  • PipPipPipPipPip
                  • 1,636 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 02:45 PM

McHale sucks!!!

It's all his fault that Dwight Howard choose to play for the Rockets and learn from McHale how to play in the post. It's McHale's fault that Chandler Parsons improved so much under his guidance, that USA basketball brought him to Vegas in order to possibly make the World Championship squad under Coach K next summer. It's McHale's fault that Harden went for 26/5/5 last season.

McHale sucks!!!

Finally someone with logic.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users