Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  majik19 : (13 October 2015 - 09:09 PM) Apparently we claimed Arsalan Kazemi off waivers from the Hawks today... yet another undersized (6'7") power forward for Morey's cupboard.
@  Mario Peña : (10 October 2015 - 01:12 PM) If your part if the Red94 Fantasy Basketball League check the thread to vote for the date and time for the draft event. Thanks y'all!
@  jorgeaam : (07 October 2015 - 08:47 PM) Guys we need 1 more owner for the Red94 fantasy league, if interested please comment on the post in the fantasy basketball thread
@  slick shoes : (07 October 2015 - 06:50 PM) Kobe ranked one spot higher than Ariza? Is this based on legacy or...??
@  slick shoes : (07 October 2015 - 04:13 PM) It was hard to keep up with both the Astros and Rockets at the same time. Should be interesting on Thursday with the Texans and Astros on simultaneously.
@  Mario Peña : (07 October 2015 - 04:09 PM) It was fun to have the Rockets on last night! Right now I'm watching the Celtics versus Milan and Alessandro Gentile is impressive.
@  jorgeaam : (06 October 2015 - 07:47 PM) Well, thinking twice about it, I'd rather have him score less and have the team as a whole do better. Lawson should take a lot of his load off
@  jorgeaam : (06 October 2015 - 07:47 PM) Loving that, hope he hits 30 PPG this year
@  thejohnnygold : (06 October 2015 - 06:15 PM) Someone is feeling confident :) : LINK
@  jorgeaam : (06 October 2015 - 05:54 PM) 10 Teams done, will need 2 more
@  Mario Peña : (06 October 2015 - 02:35 PM) Alright guys, if anyone is interested in joining the Red94 fantasy basketball league we could use one more player to get us to 10 teams (or three to get us to 12 teams). Just check the thread in the Fantasy Basketball forum. Thanks!
@  thejohnnygold : (05 October 2015 - 06:23 PM) I use leaguepass here in Austin with no problems...
@  skip 2 my lou : (05 October 2015 - 03:14 PM) Hey fellas, I'm a rocket fan but I live in the heart of Dallas. Does anybody know if I buy NBA Leaguepass if it's too close to be subject to blackouts?
@  Losthief : (02 October 2015 - 02:24 AM) tks jg
@  thejohnnygold : (29 September 2015 - 05:16 AM) FYI, it was media day today. Interviews are up at NBA.com
@  slick shoes : (23 September 2015 - 06:37 PM) kind of late in the day but NBATV is broadcasting classis Rockets games all day today.
@  SadLakerFan : (16 September 2015 - 04:37 AM) Man, as a Laker fan, I'm learning how little you care about the off season when your team sucks. Anyway, a quick moment to remember Moses. Still remember watching the 81 team as a kid - losing record, NBA Finals. I would have cried w/joy if they could have beaten the Celtics.
@  jorgeaam : (15 September 2015 - 08:30 PM) http://bleacherrepor...ist-after-crash
@  jorgeaam : (15 September 2015 - 08:30 PM) So to celebrate his new contract, Montrezl Harrell saved someone's life on monday
@  thejohnnygold : (14 September 2015 - 04:36 PM) A good article from Blinebury talking about when Hakeem and Moses used to play in the park. LINK

Photo

What are the chances for each of these:

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#61 Rahat Huq

Rahat Huq

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,547 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 12:38 AM

I can't see anyone taking Lin for cap space.  I like him a lot, as you all know, but I think the rest of the league probably views him as a fluke gimmick.  

#62 phaketrash

phaketrash

Advanced Member

• Members
    • PipPipPipPip
    • 891 posts
    • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 04 April 2013 - 12:43 AM

I can't see anyone taking Lin for cap space.  I like him a lot, as you all know, but I think the rest of the league probably views him as a fluke gimmick.  

You think even Utah wouldn't want him for free? Who is going to be running their point then? They have a bevy of talented forwards, but are quite weak at the 1 and 2 spots. They'd have virtually a fresh roster. Why would they not want Lin for free?

#63 Cooper

Cooper

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 1,290 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 01:05 AM

Other Pgs are Teague and Jennings unless they draft one like Burke or MCW or somehow manage to trade up for Smart. For the money Jennings want I wouldn't say he's a good option, Teague is decent depending on what he wants I guess.

#64 Mason Khamvilay

Mason Khamvilay

Veteran

• Members
      • PipPipPipPipPipPip
      • 3,216 posts
      • LocationVirginia, USA.

Posted 04 April 2013 - 01:12 AM

I think Lin proved himself since the all-star break that he's an above average pg, I would be shocked if teams don't want him. With that being said, I would also be shocked if we trade Lin considering how much Leslie Alexander absolutely loves him, unless ofcourse we somehow get Cp3 which I think is unlikely.  

#65 phaketrash

phaketrash

Advanced Member

• Members
      • PipPipPipPip
      • 891 posts
      • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 04 April 2013 - 01:58 AM

Other Pgs are Teague and Jennings unless they draft one like Burke or MCW or somehow manage to trade up for Smart. For the money Jennings want I wouldn't say he's a good option, Teague is decent depending on what he wants I guess.

I'd rather take Lin than Jennings, esp. if Jennings ends up wanting a lot more $$$ (as you suggested). Lin is much more of a true PG than Jennings is, and just generally better for a team imo.

Teague is a great option, but I could see the Hawks managing to retain his services. Drafting a PG for Utah could happen, but that's more of a long term thing -- not a now helpful thing (unless you get a Damian Lillard, which they won't w/ their pick). I think Lin would be delectable for Utah.

#66 redfaithful

redfaithful

• Members
      • PipPipPip
      • 211 posts
      • LocationIsrael

Posted 04 April 2013 - 11:11 AM

It's hard to find a way to see everyone's RAPM (this stat is incredibly accurate if you get a large enough sample size. If I had to choose only one stat to compare players, I would choose RAPM) but according to this article Chris Paul's RAPM is even higher than Lebron's. 

In this new stat  both Howard and Paul rank higher than Durant... with Harden 6th.

#67 Mason Khamvilay

Mason Khamvilay

Veteran

• Members
      • PipPipPipPipPipPip
      • 3,216 posts
      • LocationVirginia, USA.

Posted 04 April 2013 - 02:32 PM

That's incredible, Paul is a little monster. And Harden is 6th!

#68 Mason Khamvilay

Mason Khamvilay

Veteran

• Members
      • PipPipPipPipPipPip
      • 3,216 posts
      • LocationVirginia, USA.

Posted 04 April 2013 - 02:59 PM

I was just thinking, it's incredible that Josh Smith's RAPM is so high despite his horrible efficiency. I can only imagine how much better he would be in the Rockets system taking less of those bad shots.

edit: Last season Josh Smith was ranked 6th! Wow! Okay I like Terrence Jones but I really hope we get Josh Smith anyway.

#69 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

glad you're on board, but I been on this boat since it left

• Members
      • PipPipPipPipPipPip
      • 4,125 posts
      • Locationhouston

Posted 05 April 2013 - 01:01 AM

I think Lin proved himself since the all-star break that he's an above average pg, I would be shocked if teams don't want him. With that being said, I would also be shocked if we trade Lin considering how much Leslie Alexander absolutely loves him, unless ofcourse we somehow get Cp3 which I think is unlikely.  

I disagree......lin is ok, but not above average.....not yet anyway. he still has a lot of flaws in his game. I can live with most of them, but there is one that's is a show stopper (IMO). lin far to often leaves his feet with nowhere to go with the basketball.......that's a fatal flaw (IMO). I thought by now McHale would make more effort to make lin stop this behavior, but I guess I am the only one looking at this. I hear the lin fans rumbling in the background now mounting a plan of attack :lol:, but facts are facts. I don't want to leave the wrong impression......I like lin. but if he can not get this part of his game fixed I would trade him...... simple as that. more time than not when lin does this it turns into a turnover and will continue to do so. sure he has a problem with lateral quickness, suffers through shooting slumps, but I can see that getting better over time. however if he doesn't stop jumping in the air without a plan of action it will limit his ceiling (IMO) I have defended McHale's handling of lin because I was hoping McHale was trying to teach lin that things like this are not sound fundamentally. however this has been going on all year and I see no mention of it or the need to correct it. more than any other part of his game j-lin needs to resolve this problem or he will never be above average(IMO)

you can only warn a man that the bridge is out.....if he keeps driving he's on his own B)

#70 Mason Khamvilay

Mason Khamvilay

Veteran

• Members
      • PipPipPipPipPipPip
      • 3,216 posts
      • LocationVirginia, USA.

Posted 05 April 2013 - 01:35 AM

When Lin is THE pg he's above average, but when he's just A pg then he's just average. It's not a coincidence that two of his best games of the season were two games where Harden didn't play. After the Orlando game Lin was asked if he feels more comfortable with the ball in his hands and this is what he said:

Tonight I was the point guard and I wasn’t just a point guard on the team I was the point guard and it was nice. But we’re a much more dangerous team with James. The fact of the matter is we’ve got to be able to do what we both are really good at together at the same time for each other. It’s not that we don’t want it – it’s just we’re trying to figure it out and it takes time. When I’m out of the game and he gets to go I get to see what he’s capable of doing and he’s been hurt and now I’ve been able to do a little more.

We saw the same thing with Wade and Lebron that first year together in Miami, they took the ball out of each others hands and there was an obvious drop in their numbers. Eventually they learned how to play together and Lebron went back to his MVP caliber self. I don't think Lin will go back to his Linsanity ways because it was such a small sample of games, but I think he can come a lot closer than he has been this season. In fact, you can already see his growth since the all-star break. 

Post all-star numbers per 36:

16.9 pts

7.1 ast

46% fg

40% 3pt

#71 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

glad you're on board, but I been on this boat since it left

• Members
      • PipPipPipPipPipPip
      • 4,125 posts
      • Locationhouston

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:58 AM

it doesn't matter whether he is the primary ball handler or not this fatal flaw still pops up. I don't think that is the root of the problem. until lin fixes his problem in this area he will never.........ever be above average (IMO). he has the intangibles to be above average. however  the point guard can not leave his feet with no outlet.

you can only warn a man that the bridge is out.....if he keeps driving he's on his own B)

#72 Mason Khamvilay

Mason Khamvilay

Veteran

• Members
      • PipPipPipPipPipPip
      • 3,216 posts
      • LocationVirginia, USA.

Posted 05 April 2013 - 03:12 AM

The positives he brings to the table outweigh the negatives imo.

#73 phaketrash

phaketrash

Advanced Member

• Members
      • PipPipPipPip
      • 891 posts
      • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 05 April 2013 - 03:22 AM

I have to agree more w/ 2016 here. Not saying Lin doesn't have his flaws, but if the threshold we're trying to establish here is "average PG"...and seeing whether he is or can easily be above it, I think that's quite doable/done. 

We have some great PGs in the league, but if by average we mean median, I can see Lin being better than ~15 other starting PGs in the league.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users