Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  majik19 : (13 October 2015 - 09:09 PM) Apparently we claimed Arsalan Kazemi off waivers from the Hawks today... yet another undersized (6'7") power forward for Morey's cupboard.
@  Mario Peña : (10 October 2015 - 01:12 PM) If your part if the Red94 Fantasy Basketball League check the thread to vote for the date and time for the draft event. Thanks y'all!
@  jorgeaam : (07 October 2015 - 08:47 PM) Guys we need 1 more owner for the Red94 fantasy league, if interested please comment on the post in the fantasy basketball thread
@  slick shoes : (07 October 2015 - 06:50 PM) Kobe ranked one spot higher than Ariza? Is this based on legacy or...??
@  slick shoes : (07 October 2015 - 04:13 PM) It was hard to keep up with both the Astros and Rockets at the same time. Should be interesting on Thursday with the Texans and Astros on simultaneously.
@  Mario Peña : (07 October 2015 - 04:09 PM) It was fun to have the Rockets on last night! Right now I'm watching the Celtics versus Milan and Alessandro Gentile is impressive.
@  jorgeaam : (06 October 2015 - 07:47 PM) Well, thinking twice about it, I'd rather have him score less and have the team as a whole do better. Lawson should take a lot of his load off
@  jorgeaam : (06 October 2015 - 07:47 PM) Loving that, hope he hits 30 PPG this year
@  thejohnnygold : (06 October 2015 - 06:15 PM) Someone is feeling confident :) : LINK
@  jorgeaam : (06 October 2015 - 05:54 PM) 10 Teams done, will need 2 more
@  Mario Peña : (06 October 2015 - 02:35 PM) Alright guys, if anyone is interested in joining the Red94 fantasy basketball league we could use one more player to get us to 10 teams (or three to get us to 12 teams). Just check the thread in the Fantasy Basketball forum. Thanks!
@  thejohnnygold : (05 October 2015 - 06:23 PM) I use leaguepass here in Austin with no problems...
@  skip 2 my lou : (05 October 2015 - 03:14 PM) Hey fellas, I'm a rocket fan but I live in the heart of Dallas. Does anybody know if I buy NBA Leaguepass if it's too close to be subject to blackouts?
@  Losthief : (02 October 2015 - 02:24 AM) tks jg
@  thejohnnygold : (29 September 2015 - 05:16 AM) FYI, it was media day today. Interviews are up at NBA.com
@  slick shoes : (23 September 2015 - 06:37 PM) kind of late in the day but NBATV is broadcasting classis Rockets games all day today.
@  SadLakerFan : (16 September 2015 - 04:37 AM) Man, as a Laker fan, I'm learning how little you care about the off season when your team sucks. Anyway, a quick moment to remember Moses. Still remember watching the 81 team as a kid - losing record, NBA Finals. I would have cried w/joy if they could have beaten the Celtics.
@  jorgeaam : (15 September 2015 - 08:30 PM) http://bleacherrepor...ist-after-crash
@  jorgeaam : (15 September 2015 - 08:30 PM) So to celebrate his new contract, Montrezl Harrell saved someone's life on monday
@  thejohnnygold : (14 September 2015 - 04:36 PM) A good article from Blinebury talking about when Hakeem and Moses used to play in the park. LINK

Photo

What are the chances for each of these:

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#21 phaketrash

phaketrash

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 891 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 01 April 2013 - 02:35 PM

I don't know if I am comfortable tying up $48.5M of our $58M salary cap on 3 players...esp. if one of them is JSmith. Don't get me wrong, I like Smith, but it'd be quite a team change to net these players.

I'd do it for CP3/Howard though. $48.5M on Harden + Howard + CP3. $9M left after the ~$1.5M on White we can't move/change. Bev + Anderson + GSmith + Parsons + DMo + TJones = $2M left; $2M left for 2 fillers, like Olbrecht and whoever Morey finds in his sleep.

That's CP3/Harden/Parsons/DMo/Howard starting, with Bev/Anderson/TJones/GSmith/Olbrech/White/?? on the bench. That's a dream team...lol so pretty.

We'd have to move Lin/Asik/TRob, but I mean, I could see LAL taking all 3 in a S&T for Howard. If not, it is still somewhat flexible. Get it done Morey!

#22 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

glad you're on board, but I been on this boat since it left

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,125 posts
  • Locationhouston

Posted 01 April 2013 - 02:45 PM

I don't know if I am comfortable tying up $48.5M of our $58M salary cap on 3 players...esp. if one of them is JSmith. Don't get me wrong, I like Smith, but it'd be quite a team change to net these players.

I'd do it for CP3/Howard though. $48.5M on Harden + Howard + CP3. $9M left after the ~$1.5M on White we can't move/change. Bev + Anderson + GSmith + Parsons + DMo + TJones = $2M left; $2M left for 2 fillers, like Olbrecht and whoever Morey finds in his sleep.

That's CP3/Harden/Parsons/DMo/Howard starting, with Bev/Anderson/TJones/GSmith/Olbrech/White/?? on the bench. That's a dream team...lol so pretty.

We'd have to move Lin/Asik/TRob, but I mean, I could see LAL taking all 3 in a S&T for Howard. If not, it is still somewhat flexible. Get it done Morey!

got to agree cp3 harden and howard is a dream team. (IMO) that would mean we need to start looking at routes for the championship parade :rolleyes:

you can only warn a man that the bridge is out.....if he keeps driving he's on his own B)

#23 Richards

Richards

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 03:05 PM

You can scratch off A and C.

Like I posted in another thread, an aspiring or big name PG will not come.

They know Harden need that ball and that meant fewer opportunity for them. 

They are also aware that why Harden come off bench at OKC instead of starting with Westbrook.

#24 Paradise

Paradise

• Members
    • Pip
    • 29 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 03:54 PM

In my dreams A is 100%.

As well as my other fantasy of signing all 3. Smith, Howard, and Paul with no care on Salary Cap, just the want to win a Championship. 

#25 Ostrow

Ostrow

Officer

• Members
      • PipPipPip
      • 437 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:07 PM

I agree that they aren't a good fit at all.  But I just feel like with a guy like Paul, he will just figure out how to make it work.  Maybe I'm overrating him, not sure.  Kind of like how people said the same thing about Lebron and Wade.

I absolutely agree. If you can get him, get him.  The only difference I see is that Wade is not nearly the player he once was and LeBron is clearly the best player in the league.  Who would defer between Paul and Harden?  Harden has some experience, w/ Durant and Westbrook, but I don't know.  Doesn't fit, but do it if you can, those 2 are smart enough to make it work.

#26 phaketrash

phaketrash

Advanced Member

• Members
        • PipPipPipPip
        • 891 posts
        • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:08 PM

I absolutely agree. If you can get him, get him.  The only difference I see is that Wade is not nearly the player he once was and LeBron is clearly the best player in the league.  Who would defer between Paul and Harden?  Harden has some experience, w/ Durant and Westbrook, but I don't know.  Doesn't fit, but do it if you can, those 2 are smart enough to make it work.

Keep in mind Wade and Lebron had that same awkwardness their first yr, and actually, well into the second yr. Wade in the playoffs, esp. early on, looked frustrated because he was adjusting to his new role (or his new age lol)...either way, he did not seem comfortable for one reason or another. This yr, bam, Wade is back on top, though he plays differently. He's gone from superstar 1b to super sidekick 1a, and that really works in the context of everything. 

I'm sure Harden and CP3 could easily figure it out. And having 2nd units led by either CP3 or Harden (having one on the court at all times) is just sick.

#27 Mason Khamvilay

Mason Khamvilay

Veteran

• Members
        • PipPipPipPipPipPip
        • 3,216 posts
        • LocationVirginia, USA.

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:25 PM

I agree with phaketrash. 

I can see it already, pick and rolls disguised within pick and rolls, defenses stressed out scrambling back and forth with no idea when or where the pass or shot is coming.  

Call me crazy though, but I think Josh Smith improves our defense more than Cp3 improves our offense. We have far more room for improvement on the defensive end than we do on the offensive end. Even without Cp3 we could be the best offense in the league next season simply but being more well versed at doing what we've been doing. On the other hand we need the addition of an elite defender if we want to be an elite defensive team. 

#28 ale11

ale11

Advanced Member

• Members
        • PipPipPipPip
        • 709 posts
        • LocationMontevideo, Uruguay

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:53 PM

I agree with phaketrash. 

I can see it already, pick and rolls disguised within pick and rolls, defenses stressed out scrambling back and forth with no idea when or where the pass or shot is coming.  

Call me crazy though, but I think Josh Smith improves our defense more than Cp3 improves our offense. We have far more room for improvement on the defensive end than we do on the offensive end. Even without Cp3 we could be the best offense in the league next season simply but being more well versed at doing what we've been doing. On the other hand we need the addition of an elite defender if we want to be an elite defensive team. 

I see the logic there and you have a point, but having CP3 would improve our IQ and that means less turnovers, which turns into less transition points for the opposition, which turns into better defense.

#29 Mason Khamvilay

Mason Khamvilay

Veteran

• Members
        • PipPipPipPipPipPip
        • 3,216 posts
        • LocationVirginia, USA.

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:31 PM

Good point. I have an extremely high opinion of Cp3 as a player so it doesn't take much to convince me. With Cp3's high IQ floor spacing shouldn't be a big problem everytime we play Greg Smith next to Asik, and we saw against the Clippers how good our defense can be with that front court.  

#30 phaketrash

phaketrash

Advanced Member

• Members
        • PipPipPipPip
        • 891 posts
        • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 01 April 2013 - 11:26 PM

I believe I heard once that if you look at all the statistical measures, CP3 is the best PG of all time. Might explain why Morey loves him so much.

#31 Mason Khamvilay

Mason Khamvilay

Veteran

• Members
        • PipPipPipPipPipPip
        • 3,216 posts
        • LocationVirginia, USA.

Posted 01 April 2013 - 11:49 PM

The statistical measures I'm familiar with suggest Chris Paul is a top two pg of all time, but I don't know about best. I wish I had access to all the statistical measures Morey uses.  

#32 Mason Khamvilay

Mason Khamvilay

Veteran

• Members
        • PipPipPipPipPipPip
        • 3,216 posts
        • LocationVirginia, USA.

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:42 AM

It's hard to find a way to see everyone's RAPM (this stat is incredibly accurate if you get a large enough sample size. If I had to choose only one stat to compare players, I would choose RAPM) but according to this article Chris Paul's RAPM is even higher than Lebron's. 

#33 RollingWave

RollingWave

Advanced Member

• Members
        • PipPipPipPip
        • 506 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 10:20 AM

Hoopspeak live just talked about Paul today, and points out that it is rather rare for a top 5 player to be close to 30 and never fought past the 2nd round. and it looks unlikely for the Clippers this year too, at what point do we start putting doubts on Paul himself? he has more control over matters than any player in recent memory of his team, and its not exactly doing great.  And it's not their first year together either.

A strange observation is the Paul in his career have been pretty solid defensively, but this year the Clippers are much worse defensively with him on the floor than when he's not. which is hard to see why. 

Blake Griffin... I don't think he's really overrated, from a % POV he's been great this year, legitimately star level at least, and pushing super star. he's clearly improved his game since his rookie year. 

#34 Richards

Richards

• Members
          • PipPipPip
          • 393 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:23 PM

No question about Paul's bb IQ and I hope he can make it "work" with Harden.

The real question is will he sacrifice his stats to win championship?

Winning championship drove Lebron "mad". He shared the stage with Wade and Bosh. He took less money and less shots. I truly believe LeBron can win all those awards out there if he wanted to. Including scoring title. But he settled for ring.

Does Paul has same ambition? 

#35 bboley24

bboley24

• Members
            • PipPipPip
            • 393 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:37 PM

Are you all really willing to let Asik go for Howard?  Since 2004 id say yes!  Even if Omer was like 15...  but this year...  after this drama with Royce White... a guy that doesn't play and no one cares about... I can seriously see what a single player can do to a franchise with attitude alone.  

Yes he's amazing in all facets but the kid brings a stink.  Demarcus is another one.  Omer just makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.  Look at these teams that win championships.  Show me the fuss with the guys on top.  Im not seeing it.

Now CP3 on the other hand...  id do whatever possible to get him in a Rockets Uni.

#36 thejohnnygold

thejohnnygold

Veteran

• Moderators
              • 4,137 posts
              • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:10 PM

I still say bring in Howard and put him next to Asik at PF--spacing be damned!  The defense would be other-worldy and our post offense wouldn't suffer either.  Getting rid of asik is a tough sell as he is proving to be quite the player and bargain.

#37 Steven

Steven

Veteran

• Members
              • PipPipPipPipPipPip
              • 2,008 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:50 PM

I still say bring in Howard and put him next to Asik at PF--spacing be damned! The defense would be other-worldy and our post offense wouldn't suffer either. Getting rid of asik is a tough sell as he is proving to be quite the player and bargain.

Yea lets go from the most exciting offensive team, to the least exciting offensive team. If Howard comes in Asik should leave. Even if DirectTv got a contract with CSN I still wouldn't watch the Rockets with Howard and Asik playing together. Talk about boring.

#38 Richards

Richards

• Members
                • PipPipPip
                • 393 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:36 PM

Yeah. If we got Howard, he would say:

- My old teammate at Lakers are old & injured players nobody wanted.

- Kobe was way overrated.

- Metta was dirty and no peace

- Nash was old and slow

- Pau was a bench warmer

- Antoni had no D, 

- other guys, I don't remember their names

#39 phaketrash

phaketrash

Advanced Member

• Members
                  • PipPipPipPip
                  • 891 posts
                  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:08 PM

I still say bring in Howard and put him next to Asik at PF--spacing be damned!  The defense would be other-worldy and our post offense wouldn't suffer either.  Getting rid of asik is a tough sell as he is proving to be quite the player and bargain.

Haha that was what I was hoping for months ago! 

#40 phaketrash

phaketrash

Advanced Member

• Members
                  • PipPipPipPip
                  • 891 posts
                  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:10 PM

Yea lets go from the most exciting offensive team, to the least exciting offensive team. If Howard comes in Asik should leave. Even if DirectTv got a contract with CSN I still wouldn't watch the Rockets with Howard and Asik playing together. Talk about boring.

Wait...why would it be boring? Last few games have seemed pretty exciting to me (and many people have loved how our ball movement and play style have been, myself included!), and that had a similar team composition. Now we'd just add Harden back in, who likes to drive the lane. While the paint would be more clumped and Harden's driving might be slightly hindered, adding something inadequate on top of something that is already adequate does not make the result...somehow more inadequate lol.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users