Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  majik19 : (13 October 2015 - 09:09 PM) Apparently we claimed Arsalan Kazemi off waivers from the Hawks today... yet another undersized (6'7") power forward for Morey's cupboard.
@  Mario Peña : (10 October 2015 - 01:12 PM) If your part if the Red94 Fantasy Basketball League check the thread to vote for the date and time for the draft event. Thanks y'all!
@  jorgeaam : (07 October 2015 - 08:47 PM) Guys we need 1 more owner for the Red94 fantasy league, if interested please comment on the post in the fantasy basketball thread
@  slick shoes : (07 October 2015 - 06:50 PM) Kobe ranked one spot higher than Ariza? Is this based on legacy or...??
@  slick shoes : (07 October 2015 - 04:13 PM) It was hard to keep up with both the Astros and Rockets at the same time. Should be interesting on Thursday with the Texans and Astros on simultaneously.
@  Mario Peña : (07 October 2015 - 04:09 PM) It was fun to have the Rockets on last night! Right now I'm watching the Celtics versus Milan and Alessandro Gentile is impressive.
@  jorgeaam : (06 October 2015 - 07:47 PM) Well, thinking twice about it, I'd rather have him score less and have the team as a whole do better. Lawson should take a lot of his load off
@  jorgeaam : (06 October 2015 - 07:47 PM) Loving that, hope he hits 30 PPG this year
@  thejohnnygold : (06 October 2015 - 06:15 PM) Someone is feeling confident :) : LINK
@  jorgeaam : (06 October 2015 - 05:54 PM) 10 Teams done, will need 2 more
@  Mario Peña : (06 October 2015 - 02:35 PM) Alright guys, if anyone is interested in joining the Red94 fantasy basketball league we could use one more player to get us to 10 teams (or three to get us to 12 teams). Just check the thread in the Fantasy Basketball forum. Thanks!
@  thejohnnygold : (05 October 2015 - 06:23 PM) I use leaguepass here in Austin with no problems...
@  skip 2 my lou : (05 October 2015 - 03:14 PM) Hey fellas, I'm a rocket fan but I live in the heart of Dallas. Does anybody know if I buy NBA Leaguepass if it's too close to be subject to blackouts?
@  Losthief : (02 October 2015 - 02:24 AM) tks jg
@  thejohnnygold : (29 September 2015 - 05:16 AM) FYI, it was media day today. Interviews are up at NBA.com
@  slick shoes : (23 September 2015 - 06:37 PM) kind of late in the day but NBATV is broadcasting classis Rockets games all day today.
@  SadLakerFan : (16 September 2015 - 04:37 AM) Man, as a Laker fan, I'm learning how little you care about the off season when your team sucks. Anyway, a quick moment to remember Moses. Still remember watching the 81 team as a kid - losing record, NBA Finals. I would have cried w/joy if they could have beaten the Celtics.
@  jorgeaam : (15 September 2015 - 08:30 PM) http://bleacherrepor...ist-after-crash
@  jorgeaam : (15 September 2015 - 08:30 PM) So to celebrate his new contract, Montrezl Harrell saved someone's life on monday
@  thejohnnygold : (14 September 2015 - 04:36 PM) A good article from Blinebury talking about when Hakeem and Moses used to play in the park. LINK

Photo

On Jeremy Lin last night - what am I missing here?

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#41 thenit

thenit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:14 PM

Guys, I'm a fan of both rockets PGs and they have different skill set, but I'm in the camp of that Lin doesn't have Mchale's trust. Mchale just don't trust him and don't like him as a player, its pretty evident.

Before the last 3 games where Lin has played poorly, his stats were quite good.

His FG was 55 out of 100 shots in March prior to the 3 game slump. thats 55% on the field.

He 3point shooting was 14 for 32 which is 43.75% which is also incredible. How many point guards

have been playing this good in a stretch of 9 games and avg 16.88 ppg, 5.44 assists per game in 30minutes per game.

In Feb :

14.5 ppg, 6.6 ass pg, in about 32 minutes per game. Shooting 43.8% fg and 42.4% on 3s.

So before this 3 game slump he shows that he has been playing a lot better than he did a few months ago, and this notion that he can't shoot 3s are almost a miconception. His 3p % has increased each month since the start of the season which shows that he has been working on his catch and shoot.

As soon as he struggled against Cleveland he get yanked from the game. Considering how well he has played lately in almost a 6-7 week stretch, you figure he shoudl get a slightly longer leash. Especially coming from a 3 game streak of 20+ points. And he wasn't even playing terrible against Cleveland he wasn't great either. Granted Bev played really well, but how often do you just bench your starting pg after a long stretch of good games and you have an off night. This would kill any young players confidence.

Look at the numbers and don't just tell me Bev has energy etc, I love Bev and he has earn more minutes, but you have to give Lin credit for what he has done to improve his play and shooting. The numbers proves it, and you shouldn't sit your PG the second he has a bad turnover or a bad shot. I just don't like the way Mchale has been treating Lin, but there is so many situations where Lin is the first player to get subbed in game where the team has a slow start in a game no matter what.

#42 pharmag

pharmag

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 263 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:32 PM

I agree with Freebird. Also, I like that trio as the guard rotation for the foreseeable future. You have an all-star offensive playmaker in Harden, a guy who shows promise of being an excellent on-ball defender and overall defender with a nice spot-up game in Bev, and a nice balance of the two players in Lin. This provided they all continue to grow as expected. The result is you can play match-ups and situational basketball.

For example, playing the Thunder and its close at the end of game, but you cannot get a stop. Bev with Harden (or even possibly Lin) increases defense and you still have an offensive playmaker. On the other hand, playing a Memphis or other strong defensive team and defensive is playing moderately well but having trouble with offense. Harden + Lin gives you two guys who can do something with the ball in their hands and Lin still plays pretty good defense.

Depending on what is done in the offseason and how much players grow, I could even see Lin moved to a Ginobli/Harden type role (first guy off the bench, plays 30+ minutes a game). This would be especially awesome if we managed to land a healthy Howard and can keep the essential pieces. This could give you line-ups of:

PG Bev/Lin
      SG Harden/Lin/Anderson
      SF Parsons/Delfino (or preferably a defensive-minded wing or maybe even Jones)
      PF D-Mo/Robinson/Jones
      C Howard/Asik

That is a deep team with the ability to trot out extremely good defensive/rebounding line-ups (Bev, Lin, Parsons, Robinson or Asik, Howard) or offensive line-ups (Lin, Harden, Parsons, Jones, D-Mo) and the would really be no intermediate line-up (on paper) that would have a true deficit.

All said, the Bev/Lin scenario has some excellent potential, but seeing as both members are new to the team and technically to significant minutes in the NBA, then we must have patience.

#43 Mason Khamvilay

Mason Khamvilay

Veteran

• Members
      • PipPipPipPipPipPip
      • 3,216 posts
      • LocationVirginia, USA.

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:37 PM

I don't think we have to worry about Lin's confidence, he has balls of steel. A problem I've noticed with Lin is that he's too much of a nice guy, he comes out the gate real slow and doesn't really fight out there until he gets bumped around a few times and we're down 20. Beverley seems to have a better understanding that we're not going out there to make friends, he gets right up in people's faces like you stole something from him and I love it. Clearly McHale (who was a very mean player himself in his day) loves it too.

#44 Richards

Richards

• Members
      • PipPipPip
      • 393 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:47 PM

Most of us agree that comparing Lin and Bev is pointless. They have their strength and weakness. The key is how to maximize their play. Again, most of us are calling for either Harden or Lin present of floor at any give min. 

Baffling me most was why coach didn't do that. But it was done it before. Not sure it was McHale or Sampson (while McHale was out). The rotation was they pulled Lin around 8 min mark and put TD in with Harden until end of 1st qtr (Bev wans't here at that time). And Lin and TD start together 2nd qrt and replaced TD with Harden around 5 min mark. I remember that rotation was pretty good and a lot more productive.

Now coach is more interested in reacting to other teams than let other teams react to us. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users