We’re not reverting to the old design; just having some technical difficulties with the forum that required restoring a backup.
In all but the most private circumstances, doing just about anything with friends is preferable to the alternative of doing said anything without them. Punched in the face? Better if a friend’s there. Got in a car crash? You have someone at whom you can look at all bug-eyed. Even arguing with friends usually ends with harmless mutual protestations of ill will or disappointed head-shaking, at worst. Personally, I’m a big advocate of the “buddy showdown” conversations, and as such, I’d like to introduce my good friend, Eric Todd. He will be a contributing analyst/possible forum moderator/king of soul, co-writing the digressive discussions that will fill the pages of Posted Up, a column that will feature both Mr. Todd and myself go at it about NBA issues, mostly Rockets-related. I’ll let Mr. Todd better introduce himself:
As a transplant to and from more cities in this hemisphere than I can count on a hand or two, I’ve held a variety of sports (and other) allegiances. A Penguins fan when my dad lived in Pittsburgh, I owned a Bruce Smith jersey when he got transferred to to Buffalo, which was itself replaced by Penny Hardaway’s spindly caricature when we moved to Tennessee. In 1998, I came to Houston for college and have since developed a comfortable working relationship with the city and its Rockets. I also like meandering arguments, particularly about basketball, and often with Mr. Mustafa. Usually, though, they don’t occur on the internet. Read More
- Several of you emailed/left comments expressing a desire to have the podcasts in downloadable form. I’ll get to that this weekend when I have some time. My guest yesterday was Henry Abbott, so be sure to look for that by early next week.
- The forum was successfully installed last night. Still needing to smooth out a few things before it is accessible but that is coming soon.
- Thanks to everyone who reached out about moderating. We’ve found our guys and are ready to move forward.
- A reminder: join Felix in the CiL chatroom tonight. He’ll also be providing pre-game info for each game thread, as done here.
- Ninetyfour Store is up and running. We launched Scola – The Ice Cream Man yesterday; send us your suggestions via firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Thanks again for your continued support.
Wednesday, 7:30pm CST @ Toyota Center
Join us in the chatroom during gametime.
You may have noticed that after a strong start, the Talk of the Moment chatrooms have completely died. That’s mainly my fault. Not having anyone to moderate, we got inconsistent with posting them at all. Losing trust, you guys stopped coming completely.
Fortunately for Red94, Felix Cardona reached out to me about helping out. I’m excited to announce that going forward, Felix will be our new full-time chatroom moderator. I hope you’ll join him Wednesday night to watch the guys take on Blake Griffin and the Clippers. Just give it a try – perhaps you’ll like it and want to make it a regular stop on game nights.
Here’s Felix in his own words: